Searching for some amazing sentimental virtual wedding gift ideas every couple will love? We’ve got you! While it’s always best to shop from the couple’s registry first, sometimes you want to include a little something extra as a personal touch
If you’re at a loss for ideas, or shopping for couples without a registry, take a look at our favorite options below. First, though, let’s talk about why you still should send a gift even for a virtual wedding.
Let’s start with a quick look at our top picks, then keep reading for all the glorious details.
Sentimental Virtual Wedding Gift Top Picks at a Glance
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
- Personalized Wedding Vows Books
- Keepsake Ceremony Wine Box
- Personalized Wedding Quotes Painting
- FujiFilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera
- Welsh Love Spoon
Check the table below for a side-by-side comparison of our favorites!
Yes, you should send a gift for a virtual wedding, and here’s why!
I’ve attended a few virtual weddings, and I must admit they can be pretty confusing. I thought I was the only one struggling to adjust to the new setup. And then I came along this Reddit user, and I realized that other people were struggling with the same.
One thing that isn’t clear when it comes to virtual weddings is whether or not, as a guest, you need to buy a gift. I mean the bride won’t be spending on the venue, cake or wine, so you don’t have to gift them. Right? Wrong!
I realized that although the wedding was virtual, it was still the bride and groom’s big day. And to them, simply because it’s virtual doesn’t make it any less special.
We talked about this quite a bit the other day in our post about Virtual Wedding Gift Etiquette for Guests, but let me recap with a quote from another Redditor that really sums it all up perfectly.
The guest’s gift is meant to help the couple move forward in their new life together, NOT to “pay back” their plate despite the pervasiveness of this idea. The couple would have otherwise provided dinner and other festivities but has decided instead to prioritize keeping you and other guests safe, which I think is commendable. So I suggest giving what you originally intended to give if you can still afford it.
In other words, a wedding gift isn’t “payment for services rendered” during the event. So, it doesn’t matter if the brides or grooms spent $1 or $1,000 per guest (or heck, even $0). So now, I still get a gift for the bride and groom regardless of what type of event they’re having.
With that in mind, here are some sentimental virtual wedding gift ideas.FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
9 Sentimental Virtual Wedding Gift Ideas Every Couple Will Love
From personalized wedding gifts to beautiful home décor to ideas that help couples make memories of their own, we’ve included a good range of options below. All of the gifts are perfect for same-sex couples.
There are photos, dances, food to be shared at regular weddings, and many other shared memories. But all this has significantly reduced with the shift to virtual weddings.
So, I bought the bride and grooms a personalized wedding vows book, like this one on Etsy, to write down their promises to each other. Both of them appreciated this, and I think reading the vows on their anniversary will be a very cool thing.
The books come customized with the couple’s name, the wedding’s date, and you can add their favorite quote.
Many couples are opting to do a little cake & champagne ceremony as part of their virtual wedding, versus long Zoom receptions.
This beautiful ceremony wine box is the perfect place for them to keep mementos, like the champagne bottle and their cake cutter.
If you live close to the couple, you can even order it ahead of time and have it sent to your home. Add a bottle of wine or champagne for an extra special touch, then deliver it to them (keeping social distancing in mind, of course).
Isn’t this wedding quote art just beautiful? You can customize everything from the names and date (obviously) to the quote itself. You can even change the color of the tree or add a custom one. It comes in 5 different sizes to fit all budgets.
This is among the top virtual wedding gifts. I know an instant camera doesn’t seem sentimental at first, I know, but it really is! Think about it- they can use it not only to capture the moments of their special day but also to capture all those sweet and touching moments throughout their lives together.
I love this one from Fuji because it comes with everything they could possibly need to start capturing and showcasing their favorite memories.
- SNAP, PRINT, SHARE - The Polaroid Snap instant digital camera captures all the fun and spontaneity of the legacy Polaroid instant camera in an easy, compact package. Simply point and click to print vibrant, high-quality photos that you can share, no computer connections needed
- ZERO INK, ZERO TONER, INSTANT RESULTS - The integrated ZINK printing technology enables you to instantly print full-color, smudge-proof 2x3 inches prints automatically when an image is captured - without ink, ribbons or toner cartridges, this enables you to easily print and share physical photos at the push of a button, while saving all your images for easy uploading
- EMBRACE YOUR INNER PHOTOGRAPHER - Get snapping, capture details with the powerful 10 megapixel sensor, insert a microSD card (32GB max) to expand the memory, load your Zink paper and print on the spot, add an artistic touch with the different picture modes available. Simile to the camera and take a selfie with the built-in selfie mirror or get yourself and the group in the shot with the self-timer feature
- POST ANYWHERE - The 2X3" prints are ready in under a minute, the adhesive backing makes for extra fun and easy posting on most surfaces. Your photos are also saved on the Polaroid Snap for easy uploading to your computer and social media platforms
- Lens_type: Converter
Related: Sentimental Wedding Gifts
It’s hand-carved and personalized, with two hearts joining together in a beautiful Celtic knot design. It also comes with a card that explains the tradition behind it.
- Hand Carved Welsh Love Spoon. Two Hearts hand carved and joined together as a token of Lasting Love.
- FREE ENGRAVING: Suitable for Engraving a name on each heart and a date on the bowl. USA: Click 'See All Buying Options' and then 'Customize Now' to order. If you do not require engraving, simply follow the same process and insert 'No Engraving' in the 1st text box.
- 25cm / 9.75", Carved in Lime Wood from Monmouthshire, Colour may vary slightly
- An accompanying card with an explanation of the Lovespoon tradition is enclosed with each order.
- Suitable for All Occasions: Weddings, Anniversary, Engagement, Valentine’s, Gift from Wales etc
Is there any flower more sentimental than the noble and beautiful rose? I think not! Of course, the downside of giving real roses as a gift is that they just don’t last very long.
Why not give a beautiful bouquet that will last throughout the rest of their lives…and well into the next generation! These gold-dipped roses symbolize the eternal love that the couple will share.
- ✔ Anniversary gifts, Love forever: The rose symbolizes love, and gold represents the nobility of love. The gold rose means eternal, love, beauty, romance and passion forever.
- ✔ Art of flowers: It is a perfect gift for your lover, Mom or wife to show your real long love for her; A best gift for your mom to show your gratitude and love for her.
- ✔ A precious gift for her: the golden rose is a beautiful gift, with a beautiful box can be given as a gift to lovers, family, friends. Can also be used for marriage proposal, wedding anniversary, birthday, engagement, Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Christmas, etc.
- ✔ Hand-made artwork: the rose is handmade artificial flower(plastic, golden color), it will never wither, never fade, never die. This rose will bring you a girl who will always stay young.
- ✔ Exquisite packaging: The gift comes with a beautiful box, so you can give it directly to others.
We all have separate dreams and wishes of what we want to see or experience. And combining or comparing notes with your spouse is one of the most exciting things to do once you get married. It could mean creating a new list that includes both of your adventures.
Our bucket list journal from Amazon allows the newlyweds to create and note down their new bucket list as a family. This is one of the best wedding virtual gifts because now that many countries are on lockdown, it’s impossible to travel. Documenting future trips helps keep the excitement alive.
- Reads, Lux (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 82 Pages - 02/16/2018 (Publication Date) - Lux Reads (Publisher)
Memories should be captured and well-kept for future generations to see. When my parents did their wedding, I was only five years old.
Unfortunately, no one kept the photos well for me to see now that I’m all grown. I only have a vague memory of the day, and I really wish someone had kept the wedding photos for me to relive the day.
This is how I know that a quality album is a fantastic gift for a virtual wedding. Make it easy for the couple to keep their wedding photos, honeymoon photos, and any other photos they’ll take as a family.
This quality album from Etsy is customized with the couple’s name as well as their wedding date.
9. Offer Cash
If you can’t think of something to give the newlyweds, you can send them money to help with the wedding or the honeymoon.
You’ll be surprised at how many couples prefer money to gifts. While it doesn’t sound like a sentimental gift, it’s actually among the most touching things you can offer, especially for couples whose income has been affected by lockdown.
Best Virtual Wedding Gifts (Final Word)
With virtual weddings, it’s normal to be confused about the rules. In my experience, though, the gifts aren’t so different from the gifts given during traditional weddings. But at least, it’s crucial to ensure it’s something the couple can enjoy even with the lockdown.
What are some of your favorite sentimental virtual wedding gifts? Share below!