Candy Match is a printable bridal shower game that rewards you for having a sweet tooth by challenging you to match up tasty treats with wedding-related words. It’s very simple to play. Let’s find out how!
Also Check: Work Bridal Shower Games
What do you need to play
- A printout copy for each player.
- Pens or pencils for each player.
- A prize for the winner (optional)
How to Play Candy Match Bridal Shower Game
- Before the party, print out enough game sheets for everyone.
- When gametime rolls around, hand out a sheet to each player, along with a pen or pencil.
- Instruct players to match the sweet treats from the second column to the phrases in the first one.
- First player to match all of them correctly wins!
That’s it if you want to just play a basic quick game. However, there are a few things you can do to make it even more entertaining.
Other Bridal Shower Party Game Ideas
Apart from Candy Match, there are plenty of other bridal shower party games that you can play with your guests. Here are some ideas:
- Where Were We – Make your guests guess where you and your fiance went on a trip or restaurant using pictures.
- Scavenger Hunt – If you and your fiance are from the same town, you can have your guests go on a scavenger hunt as they look for where you had your first date or first kiss.
- Find the Guest – Give your guests a checklist of a quality your other guests have and make them circulate the room to match the name with the description.
- Celebrity Couple – Have two teams guess the names of famous celebrity couples using pictures or charade.
- Best Cock-tail – Using teams, you can have each team create a cocktail and the bride can pick out her favorite drink.
- Charades – The classic bridal shower party game can be given a twist by dedicating the whole game with a wedding movie category.
- Memory Game – Have each guest write her favorite memory in a piece of paper and drop these in a basket. The bride reads these out loud and guests try to guess who the memory belongs to.
- Toilet Paper Wedding Dress Game – Separate your guests into two teams and assign a model for each team who they will dress using toilet paper.
How to Make it Even More Fun
Before the party, put together little goody bags with each of the candies mentioned in the game. Then, instead of just having players match up the candies on the sheet, instruct them to lay them out in the order of the answers. The first person to get all of their candies in the right order wins!
You can also put together a single goody bag with all of the candies and use it as your winner’s prize.
Here are 14 bridal shower game prize ideas that you can use:
- Skincare gift set
- Self-care gift set
- Unique tea set
- Plant/Herb grow kit
- Homemade treats
- Custom coffee mug
- Mini coffee press
- Novelty socks
- Trendy water bottle
- Chic coasters
- Prosecco Pong
- Curated snacks
- Sheet mask set
- Faux succulent candles
There are plenty of other game prize ideas that you can choose from. These ones are just some suggestions that your guests will enjoy and actually want to win.
How to Make Bridal Shower Less Boring Without Playing Games
There are some brides who are not really fond of playing bridal shower games and even think of these as cliche. If you are one of these brides, you can opt for doing other things instead of a typical bridal shower.
Here are 17 alternatives to a bridal shower:
- Baking class
- Go on a trip
- Pasta-making class
- Pizza-making class
- Wine-tasting class
- Calligraphy lessons for everyone
- Dance class
- Cocktail-making class
- Spa date
- Nail party
- Charity fundraiser
- Cooking class with a hot chef
- Makeup class
- Arts & crafts class
- Wellness getaway
- Candle-making class
You can pick out a class to join with your friends so you don’t have to be stuck playing games at the party.
Do you have to play bridal shower games?
You don’t need to play bridal shower games, especially if they’re not your thing. It’s not even considered taboo if you don’t have one.
And even if it’s tradition, you can always opt to not play bridal shower games if you’re not comfortable playing them.
How many games should be played at a bridal shower?
Bridal shower parties usually last three hours. The average number of bridal shower games played at parties is three to four games. You can play the games as you get started so they can be an icebreaker for everyone at the party.
What can I do at a bridal shower instead of opening gifts?
There are plenty of other things you can do instead of opening gifts at a bridal shower. You can go on a trip with your friends or join an exclusive class with them. Whatever option you choose, pick out something that you will all enjoy.
How long should a bridal shower be?
Bridal showers are typically two to four hours long. This is enough time for the friends of the bride to spend time with her just before her big day.
Other Printable Games:
Bridal Emoji Pictionary Printable
Don’t forget to also check the left right game for bridal shower!
Nicole is the editor-in-chief and regular staff writer for LoveYouWedding. What does that mean? Basically, she handles all the day-to-day tasks related to managing writers and bringing you stellar content on planning the LGBTQ+ wedding of your dreams.
She loves writing about quirky and unique wedding ideas, probably because she’s pretty quirky herself!