It’s often hard to find great lesbian wedding gift ideas for couples already living together. Choosing a gift to really “wow” them can be tough, especially when it seems like they have everything they need. However, we believe there is always something new that can spice things up or invoke a heartfelt “ooh” or “ahh” in the happy couple. Below are some top gift suggestions for all couples who already live with each other, LGBTQ or otherwise.
Our Top Pick
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Here’s a quick peek into what we have coming in the list below. Our favorite out of all these wedding gift ideas for couples already living together is the TWOVET couples comforter. Different body temperatures? No problem! With this comforter you can still cozy up together under the same blanket.
Wedding Gift Ideas for Couples Already Living Together
We choose a mixture of great ideas from two of our favorite places to shop- Amazon and Etsy. Take a look at the best Amazon ideas on the table below.
1. TWOVET Dual Zone Couples Comforter
Coming in two different sizes to fit any couple’s bed, the Twovet comforter will have them happily wrapped up every night. Everyone can use an extra comforter for cold winter nights, right? There is a thin side and a thick side depending on who gets hotter during the night. It’s the perfect choice for couples who like to fight over the covers at night.
Make sure you know which size their bed is because you have a choice of king or queen.
- COUPLES COMFORTER DESIGNED WITH WARM (THICK) SIDE AND A COOL (THIN) SIDE: Warm (thick) side eliminates the need for extra blankets. Cool (thin) side reduces night sweats. Both of you can be comfortable and get a better night sleep with this unique comforter. Regular comforters assume that men and women have the same sleeping temperature preferences. This comforter, with its custom design, will satisfy both of your sleeping temperature needs. Try one and feel better rested tonight!
- WAKE UP TO A SWEAT FREE MORNING: Tired of waking up sweaty? Sick of having to wash your sheets all the time? This comforter gets rid of your night sweats. The thin (cool) side of this comforter has the right balance of weight and warmth without being too hot. You no longer need to worry about waking up in a puddle of your own sweat!
- ELIMINATES THE NEED FOR EXTRA BLANKETS: Are you waking up freezing cold in the middle of the night? Or, is this your partner? Have you tried extra blankets? With the warm (thick) side of this comforter, you will no longer need to worry about adding extra blankets to your bed. Say goodbye to waking up FREEZING COLD!
2. Housewarming Gift Wedding Gift Custom Doormat
Already living together? No problem! No matter what stage their relationship is in, a custom doormat will really bring that sense of home to their abode. The name and the date are of course, customizable and the size is as well. The mats have an anti-slip backing making it suitable for all surfaces.
Pay attention when typing in the customization text because the seller copies and pastes it exactly as is, even the capital letters. You don’t want to make a typing error and ruin the gift!
- Custom Made for you in Tampa FL
- 0.50″ Thick – Not a cheap thin dish mat
- Real Coconut Coir Doormat With Anti Slip Backing
3. “Heart in Heart” Personalized Artwork
There is always room for photos on the walls in any home. Who wouldn’t love to look at sunny and sandy beaches all day? We know we would! This is why customizing this tropical vacation photo with the names of the happy couple can bring them to their peaceful place no matter what the weather is like outside.
The size and the actual photo can be customized. You can take a gander through the options which also include an American flag, a rowboat on a lake, and hot hair balloons!
- Acid Free Cotton Canavs Print, Stretched and wrapped on real woodern frame bar,ready for hanging. Size: 7#P(18x12"), Strengthened Depth: 1.5".
- Our exclusive Personalized photo designing features all the important moments that you have shared with your partner!Perfect gift for anniversary,wedding, engagement, birthday,
- Personalize it with the couple's names and special date,or your own ideas.Please be noticed that personalized artworks are not refundable, so please double check your information when customizing.
4. Personalized Cheese Board
Whether you customize it with their anniversary or move in date, hint at the happy couple for more house parties and get togethers at their place with this customized cheese board. They’ll definitely think of you every time they break out this cheese board that can also double up as a cutting board as well.
Made from real wood, you can select the material for this gift idea. Of course, the words and lettering can be customized, making it perfect for everyone including same-sex couples.
- LOOK IT’S WINE O’CLOCK – Looking for a special Christmas, Housewarming gift for couples? Choose between 12 unique design and fill in the lines with the desired text. Get ready for wine o’clock with your friends. Remarklable gift and keepsake. FREE Laser Engraving.
- HOUSEWARMING & CHRISTMAS 2022 GIFT – Our custom cheese boards are the perfect gift for both family and friends. Also excellent gifts for weddings, anniversaries, and housewarmings. Whether you’re displaying this one-of-a-kind piece as art in your kitchen or wine o’clock with your friends!
- YOUR DESIGN, OUR QUALITY / CHARCUTERIE BOARD- Personalized cheese&charcuterie boards can turn into a serving tray to express your food presentation skills for arranging plates for the prepare cheese, fruits or your favorite snacks and wine.
5. Luxor Linens Couple’s Terry Cloth Bathrobe
What could be more of a definition of luxury and bliss than lounging around in soft terry cloth bathrobes after a nice and relaxing bath?
While the pre-printed robes do all say “his” and “hers,” they have personalization options that are a better fit for same-sex couples.
The bathrobes are made of tough and durable material that can withstand the test of time.
- HIGHEST QUALITY - Our bathrobes are made from the highest quality, 100% Egyptian cotton. These robes are guaranteed to be the softest, most lightweight robe available!
- DURABILITY - Luxor Linens only produces strong, durable robes that can withstand repeated use and washings. Our durability is the reason that many hotels and spas use our bathrobes!
- SIZE - Our bathrobe set is available in one size fits most, and comes with an adjustable tie belted waist to ensure a snug fit!
6. Push Pin World Map
This world map is definitely one of my all-time favorite wedding gift ideas for couples already living together. It encourages them to celebrate traveling the world as newlyweds! If they don’t have much space in their dwelling, that’s no problem at all. You can customize the size and the material of the map.
Having this lovely world map on display will also hopefully help push them to go out there and explore this magnificent world of ours.
- Track & Personalize: Use the map to track your travel adventures, past and future. Customize it with your name or a favorite quote to add a personal touch.
- Ready to Hang with Accessories: The map arrives ready to hang and includes 150 pins, perfect to mark every memorable location you’ve visited or wish to visit.
- Many Frame Options: Choose from 8 frames including Black, Brown, Barnwood Gray, Rustic Black, Rustic Brown, Solid Wood Cherry, Solid Wood Brown, and Textured White.
7. Aromascape “Home is Where the Heart Is” Scented Candle
Coming home to a nice smelling house after a long day sure makes a place feel extra homey. Home is really where the heart is and is where the fragrance is too with this 3-wick candle.
The triple wicks help burn it more efficiently without having any part of the wax going to waste. If you find the label too literal, you can also take your pick of other sentences to put on the candle.
- Perfect gift idea for a special occasion
- Soy wax blend candle with Brown Sugar Pecan, Cinnamon Bark, and Nutmeg Fragrance
- 11-Ounce 3-wick candle, approximate burn time of 30-40 hours
8. Wall Mounted Wine Rack
This one is perfect for that the couple who really enjoys a glass of wine or two at night. Help them organize their wine collection with this wall mounted rack. It is large enough to hold up to 5 bottles and even has a place to hang glasses to keep them safely stowed away. Plus, it comes with 6 cork wine charms just to sweeten the deal!
- Exclusive Custom Design – Wine rack designed by artist Anna Stay, these Wall Mounted Wine Racks are the perfect floating shelf for wine decor so you and your friends can create lifelong memories!
- Pop the Cork on a New Bottle – Perfect for wine enthusiasts who like to preserve their vintage properly, Wine Rack Wall Mounted that stores all your favorite brands and blends, along with corks and your wine glasses.
- Beautiful Wine Lover’s Gift and great as a Housewarming Gift– This wall-mountable wine rack Includes an elegant box of 6 different Fun Wine Glass Cork Charms with an inspiring word to be chosen for every occasion such as Love, Laugh, Dare, Dream and Cheers.
9. Handmade His Hers Paws Key and Leash Holder
Misplaced keys are a common issue in any household. This key and leash holder is a great gift for couples with pets. I particularly love it because you can customize it with names and different designs.
Unfortunately, they don’t offer a “guy and guy” or “girl and girl” option, which is incredibly disappointing. I am still including it because the designs can still work for many LGBTQ couples.
However, if you want something a bit more same-sex-friendly, I recommend going with LGBTQ Customs or this one with just the couple’s names.
- Handcrafted in our home. Arrives with Drings for hanging.
- Made from solid .75 in thick white pine wood. 12 in wide by 5.5 in high.
- Please view main pics with keys and leash to see the size to scale.
10. A digital photo frame
The aftermath of a wedding for the couples is the memories and emotions tied to their big day. One forward-thinking way to procure a gift for them is to provide something that contains pictures and videos from that memorable day.
While most couples might have several albums that contain pictures of their wedding ceremony, which they may make accessible to guests, you can take an alternative route with a digital photo frame.
AURA digital photo frame is one of the coolest gifts for couples. They can upload all their images, and they will appear on the frame instantly. Likewise, they can invite family and friends through the app. That way, they are able to add pictures from anywhere in the world, and they will appear on the frame.
- TOP-RATED WIFI DIGITAL FRAME: Millions of customers are delighted by Aura as the easiest way to share and display photos with loved ones. Recommended by The New York Times/Wirecutter, Wired, and Oprah’s Favorite Things.
- FROM YOUR PHONE TO THEIR FRAME: Send photos and videos directly from your phone to an Aura digital picture frame. Invite family and friends to add photos too from anywhere in the world. Free, unlimited storage. No fees.
- QUICK & EASY SETUP: Set up in minutes on WiFi and instantly add photos and videos from your phone using the free Aura app. Works with Apple and Android devices.
11 . Mia Mio – Coffee Mugs/Kissing Mugs
Last but not least, everyone can use a mug for coffee or tea, or whatever beverage is their favorite. The unique thing about these mugs is that they fit together perfectly in a kiss, which celebrates the couple as well. They come in two different colors and gift packaging as well making them the perfect gift for any occasion for couples already living together.
- 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘 - The cup set is made of high quality ceramic. ✔ The cups and especially the handles of the cups are very sturdy and difficult to break, therefore the cups can become a long-lasting companion in your household
- 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓 𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐀 - The matching cups are a perfect gift for all occasions such as Christmas ✔ Valentine's Day ✔ Easter ✔ Weddings ✔ or as a birthday present ✔ for your girlfriend / boyfriend or parents
- 𝐆𝐈𝐅𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 - The coffee cups come in a beautiful gift box with a heart window. ✔ In this packaging, the cups are not only very well presented, but also safe for transportation to your home
Is cash or checks a wedding gift taboo?
Cash and check gifts are no longer seen as wedding gift taboos. However, there are multiple factors that determine which route you would eventually settle for. For example, your relationship with the couple would determine if you should give out cash gifts or stick to a check.
Another factor to consider is the couple’s style and what they may likely prefer. If they are traditional, a check may be appreciated since it can go straight towards wedding expenses such as decorations, food, or rental fees. Likewise, they can divert the money into their daily expenditures.
Regarding the best method for presentation, if you choose to give cash, it can be presented in a card or an envelope, and it offers the couple the flexibility to use the money however they like. However, you should be careful to ensure the cash is secure during transportation, especially if you’re giving a large sum of money.
On the other hand, a check allows you to include a personal message or note and can be easily deposited into the couple’s account. However, it may take several days for the check to clear, which could be an issue if the couple is planning to use the money for immediate expenses.
In the end, it’s important to remember that the most important thing is the thought behind the gift. Doing so from the bottom of your heart would mean more, regardless of whether it’s cash or a check.
What Should You Look For In A Wedding Gift?
When shopping for a wedding gift, it’s important to think beyond the traditional registry items and find something that is both special and meaningful to the newlyweds. To make the perfect selection, consider gifts that are representative of their relationship, fit into their home aesthetic, or meet a specific need. Homemade items such as artwork or baked goods can be a wonderful way to honor the couple with something unique.
Consider customizing store-bought gifts by adding an inscription, personal note, or a monogrammed item with the couple’s names and wedding dates embroidered on it. Smaller items like keepsakes are also thoughtful gestures that the couple will appreciate. Drawing inspiration from something significant in the couple’s history can bring an abundance of original gift ideas – making it easy to create an unforgettable present for them to treasure for years to come.
A customizable doormat, a dual comforter, a customized cheeseboard and plenty of artwork, what more could a happy couple ask for to put in their home? Carefully gift wrap the gift and add a heartfelt card to really increase the sentimentality of the gift.
Which suggestions were your favorite? Which one did you end up choosing? Tell us your favorite wedding gift ideas for couples already living together below!
I’m a freelance journalist/writer/content marketer with BA Hons in Journalism.