What are the best wedding gifts when not attending? With current events making it hard for people to celebrate with their loved ones in person, I’m seeing this question pop up more and more every day. Even during the best of times, sometimes things happen and life gets in the way of attending our friends’ ceremony.
Wedding Gifts to Give the Couple When You Can’t Attend the Ceremony (at a Glance)
This post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
- Personalized Wedding Print
- Personalized Pajamas
- Champagne Flutes
- Cute Soap
- Membership Box
- Funny Mug for the Bride
- Pampering Gift Set
- Vow Books
- Wedding Keepsake Box
- Small Regret Card
Check this comparison table for a quick guide. Read the review for further details.
How can you make your own little personal apology, and give the lucky couple something which makes them feel like you’re there in spirit? We’ve compiled a list of our favorite “Sorry we couldn’t be at the wedding” gifts, to make the entire situation easier to handle. We’ll look at some of the best options below. First, though, let’s talk etiquette for sending a wedding gift when not attending.
Should You Send a Gift if You’re Not Attending?
While opinions vary, it is ultimately your choice, explains Southern Living. While Emily Post would say wedding gifts are never optional, today’s society is a bit more relaxed in terms of etiquette. If you can afford to send one, though, you can never go wrong by doing so.
If you have decided to send a gift, here are our favorites below.
10 Amazing Wedding Gifts
1. Personalized Wedding Print
You can’t be there, but you can make everything a little personal. This wedding print is such a cute idea, which will be much appreciated by the lucky couple.
This includes the date and location of the wedding – showing that you wish you were there and that you’re there at heart.
- Personalize YOUR photo as a Watercolor Poster Print. Turn YOUR cherished Photo into a Custom Watercolor Portrait, printed on premium matte paper. Anniversary Gift for Her, Anniversary Gift for couple. Custom Wedding Gift. Made to order in the USA.
- How To Order: Click on “Customize Now” and upload your photo. PERSONALIZATION INCLUDED – Add your name(s), date, or initials for no additional cost. Select the font type and color and we will make sure your personalization is beautifully displayed on your printed portrait. Click Customize Now to order.
- Please allow 6-8 days for Artwork to be designed, printed, and delivered. We pride ourselves on creating unique watercolor portraits, customized to suit you. **** Shipping & Delivery times may be longer during the Holiday Season.
2. Personalised Pajamas
If you can’t attend a wedding in person, maybe you can have a little get-together after. Perhaps a weekend away with some of the bride’s closest friends? These personalized pajamas would be a great little thing to wear for that exact occasion. Of course, they’re a great wedding gift on their own, even without the sleepover.
- Customized Method：Click the “Customize Now” button, upload your photo,our design team works hard to get a perfect cutout of your face from your uploaded photo, and print it on your pajama.
- High Quality:Pajama pants are made of 100% soft polyester,pajama bottoms feature elastic waist and two sided pockets.Pajama pants can be machine washed, please wash in warm or cold water, do not use bleach.
- Comfortable:Trousers fabric is comfortable and smooth, using environmentally friendly clothing ink for digital printing, clear patterns, not easy to fade. Skin-friendly and breathable, warm but not hot, comfortable and soft to wear, easy to clean.
3. Champagne Flutes
If you can’t be there to toast the happy couple in person, let them know you’re toasting them in spirit with these beautifully engraved champagne flutes. They can use them on every anniversary and think of you!
You can change the engraving, so this can easily become a Mrs. and Mrs. or Mr. and Mr. set.
- Pack of wine glasses includes 12 sets, 6oz, Champagne flute glasses, designed to be perfect for both formal and informal occasions. Great gift for wine lovers and your friends.
- Made from lead free high-quality glass, it is durable and usable. Reinforced rims, tall body and heavy basement make it elegant and stable on a flat surface.
- Dishwasher safe. Glass is easy to clean. No worries about cleaning after enjoying your party, wedding or any events.
4. Cute Soap
These handmade heart soaps are so cute and thoughtful! These are just a cute and affordable little gift and a perfect way to say “sorry.” They’re also super useful – who doesn’t need soap, right?
- ❤️【PARTY FAVORS】Sweetly scented and delightfully detailed soap, suitable for wedding favors, bridal shower favors, valentine’s day gift for her, festivals gifts, party decorations, birthday party favors, etc. Your friends or guests will love this adorable keepsake giveaways for its lovely style and practicality.
- ❤️【GIFT PACKAGING】Our soap packaged in a small, beautifully detailed gift box for easy gift giving. Your friends or guests will love this adorable keepsake giveaway for its lovely style and practicality. Perfect gift idea for mothers day gifts from daughter.
- ❤️【SAFE TO USE】Rich in glycerin, moist skin. No preservatives, colorants or fragrance oils added to our products, just pure natural ingredients
5. Membership Box
There’s a way to show somebody that not only do you wish you could be there, but you’ll always be there for them. This can be done in the shape of a monthly membership box. A curated honeymoon box gives the couple to be a selection of high-quality products that they’ll adore.
This is a long-lasting gift, which just keeps on giving. This is the perfect way to be with the lucky couple all the way, in your own unique way. They also have unique boxes for before the wedding!
- Give the gift of wellness this holiday
- Alo Moves Annual Memberships are the best home gym now that we’re all exercising from home
- Featuring the best trainers
6. Funny Mug for the Bride
Don’t be afraid to get a funny gift. This mug will put a smile on their face, and make a sad situation (the fact that you can’t make it to their big day) a little brighter. Who doesn’t love a good pun, right?
- The cutest accessory to celebrate your engagement and announce the exciting news to your family and close friends.
- Bring some joy to your fiancée’s morning with this romantic engagement gift mug to brighten up her whole day and show her your feelings.
- Our beautiful novelty coffee mug comes in a sophisticated marble design with gold details on the inner lip and handle edge to add a sense of luxurious pink elegance to your morning coffee routine.
7. Pampering Gift Set
Weddings are stressful, and you not being there might add to the stress. You can help with this by getting a great pamper set, which will just chill them out a little bit, hopefully.
I love this one because citrus is such a gender-neutral scent for both men and women, making it great for two brides, two grooms, or a bride and a groom. Nearly every part of it is handmade, too, so you support independent artisans.
- TOTAL RELAXATION with our ‘Time to Relax’ Gift Box. The perfect spa gift box for the woman in your life in need of rest, relaxation, and CALM. Let this spa set transcend you to a place of TRANQUILITY.
- 6 high quality, FULL SIZED premium products in one pamper hamper. Packaged in a premium Nurture by Nature branded gift box, PACKED with beautiful scents and a message from our small business. Nurturing you is in our nature.
- LUXURY INGREDIENTS for the perfect home-spa pampering session, providing the ultimate value for money. Choose Nurture by Nature for the ultimate self care gift basket.
8. Vow Books
You might not be there to witness the vows, but you can still be there in your own little way. That’s where the little vow books come into play.
With these beautiful books, they’ll remember the magical words that the exchanged with each other forever.
- AUTHENTIC, OIL-TANNED LEATHER: Every journal we make is unique because we make it by hand using real leather. The backside has grain fibers, and the front is smooth. Each book is one-of-a-kind and made from part of a whole hide of leather
- HANDMADE ARTISAN QUALITY: Our journals are made by some of the best in the industry. Our oil-tanned leather is made by artisans, meaning that the leather will get better with time. This can become a beautiful family heirloom for future generations
- HIGHEST QUALITY: We use 80 lbs text weight, acid-free paper with a clean edge. Pages are bound with waxed Irish linen thread and each journal has an attached leather tie to keep it closed
9. Wedding Keepsake Box
This wonderful box gives the newlyweds a place to put all the important pieces from the wedding. Not only is this just a great thing for them to have – something to look back on and be nostalgic about, it also gives you something to look through, when you do get to see them.
- 🎁 Wooden Keepsake Box – Storage Box with hinged lid and antique latch, With its catchy MEMORIES wording, to help you in collecting the best moments of your life. A tangible place to reminisce and celebrate, unique keepsake actually worthy of your most important moments.
- 🎁 Perfect Size – Dimensions are 8.5” long x 6.0” wide and 3.0” high for this memory box. Big enough to easily fit business size envelopes, arts and crafts, a box of facial tissues with space to spare! A unique and vintage brass latch closure for security.
- 🎁 Classic Design – With catchy engraved words and patterns, which is elegantly simple and modern design. Memory boxes are from plywood and wood, using laser cutting and engraving for long time storage.
10. Small Regret Card
Don’t forget to get the couple a little “sorry card.“ It’s just a thoughtful gesture that goes great with whatever gift you choose. Of course, you could also add a gift card or even money to make it a complete gift on its own.
- Cute funny I’m sorry forgive me card
- Reads: “Sorry. I f*cked up”
- Brutally honest. The apology card everyone should receive
Final Words on Wedding Gifts When Not Attending
We hope these ideas for wedding gifts when not attending will make saying sorry a lot easier and give you a few ideas on what you can get the lucky couple, instead of gracing them with your presence.
Just remember, these make beautiful “I’m sorry” extras, but you should still make your primary gift something from their registry. They made one for a reason. 🙂
What are some of your favorite ideas for wedding gifts when not attending? Share below!
I’m a freelance journalist/writer/content marketer with BA Hons in Journalism.