When it comes to nighttime nuptials, wedding arches with lights really crank up the “wow factor” of your overall decor. Ambient lighting is one of the most incredible ways to add an atmosphere to your big day.
Regardless of the theme, budget, or venue – the right lighting can be the perfect addition that your
Don’t miss: The Definitive Guide Of Wedding Arches (with Free PDF Printable)
These Ideas for Wedding Arches with Lights Really Dial Up the Wow Factor
Lighting is always used in wedding ceremonies and receptions. Whether that’s to make everything feel more inviting, more romantic, or even more electric. That’s why you see them at the altar, on the dance floor and even on the guest’s tables.
While candles are perfect for weddings, everyone’s big day could add a little more pzazz. One way to do this is with a lighted wedding archway. . Let’s discuss how!
How to add lights to your
Most wedding arches have a lot of fabric and flowers placed on them. Adding lighting has to be completed in a responsible and safe way, while still adding that desired effect. Don’t worry, it’s still possible.
I recommend that you stay clear from real candles, and opt for string lights and bulbs. These are much safer and add a magical effect. P.S you can easily find fake candles, that still look fabulous.
There are many ways to add lighting to your arches. For instance, adding them to the perimeter, wrapping them around, or even hanging them from the top beam. Below, are some of my favorite examples – and how you can get that same effect.
FYI, we do earn a small commission when you use one of the links to buy an item, at no extra cost to you.
The boho look
How incredible does this arch look? This can be used in any way that you want – for the guests, your altar, or even just the after-party. It looks absolutely incredible, especially paired with the feathers and boho fabrics.
It’s very easy to get this desired look, but just make sure you purchase weatherproof fairy lights. That’s especially important for outdoor looks – but even in case any spills or accidents happen. Durable lighting is definitely the best option.
These fairy lights have that magical look but are totally submersible and waterproof. They also come in various colors, but warm white is possibly the best kind of boho look.
The moon arch
If you’ve opted for a moon-shaped arch, it should glow in the same way. This arch uses antique-looking bulbs, paired with pink and white blooms. The effect is obviously stunning. Take note of the bulbs glowing warmly, rather than white or blue. This creates a soothing, more relaxing ambience. At night, this would look even more gorgeous.
The specific style of these lights is a pendulum. Depending on what you pair them with, they can create quite an industrial feel to them.
Pendulum bulb lights
Despite rocking quite a modern look above, the style of these bulbs is very vintage. You can get a similar effect by using these 60s and 70s ceiling light pendant lights. Just safely hang them, and they’ll glow a lovely warm color, too.
- Build a lighting over your island without having to make a hole in the ceiling. You can easily create your own unique light fixture by hanging triple light sockets with cord. It is perfect for your DIY pendant lamp idea. Note: Designed with dimmer, this light kit cord needs to be used with dimmable bulbs, otherwise it would cause flickering.
- With its 25FT(7.62M in total) braided cloth lamp cord and in-line on/off Dimmer switch(structure diagram in the third picture), this pendant lighting fixture is decorative and dimmable, allowing you to customize lighting ambiance and levels
- Each edison lamp holders has its own on/off switch. A two pin plug with US standard is hard wired. Includes all mounting hardware for quick and easy installation. Just hang the pendant cord from the ceiling and add a bulb, it is plug and play
- This multi socket light cord could be used to brighten up any room, such as kitchen, dining room, living room, basement and hallway. Great for any decoration, like weddings, parties and celebrations as well
- No bulb included. Fit E26 bases, max 60W per socket. Incandescent dimmable bulbs are greatly recommended, since not all led bulbs are compatible with the dimmer. If you want to match it with a led bulb, please check ASIN: (B07BWFCNT9 2200K 6W) (B073RCWDHV 2700K 6W) (B07D49R3KT 2700K 8W) (B078GGKGV5 3000K 8W) in our store. These bulbs have been tested to be fully compatible with this pendant cord
If you want a more natural look, clear bulbs are a great option for you. As you can see, these paired with the green foliage looks absolutely incredible.
These bulbs have quite a bubble effect to them, with clear glass. This makes them look wonderful in the day-time and nighttime.
These kinds of bulbs are fairly easy to find – they’re a common style. However, the ones above are super easy to connect to anything you want. This is such a helpful addition when it comes to DIY decorating.
A few lights here and there makes such a big difference. Especially when paired with foliage and fabric.
This is such a lovely outdoor wedding setup, and the lighting adds so much.
As you’re outside, you can totally get away with opting for solar lights.
The industrial look
Lighting doesn’t just revolve around the arches. Every part of your wedding should have ambient lighting, to create that romantic, peaceful vibe. If you’re going for an industrial look, hanging pendant bulbs are definitely a strong contender for you to choose from.
Industrial pendant lamps
These amazing little lamps are made from camera rings. You can’t get much more “industrial” than that.
The rustic feel
The rustic look is relatively easy to achieve. Pair your hanging bulbs with lots of greenery, wood, and blooms. The patterns and prints, here, make such a big difference too.
The lighting here is obviously the perfect picture backdrop – which is definitely something to consider. You can decorate with lights, to create an almost photo backdrop.
Luckily, there are read-made curtain lights on the market. How incredible do these look? Now, imagine them behind you as you say “I do”. Perfect, right?
Whether you go for a vintage look or something more modern, cascading curtains or a simpler look, any of these wedding arches with lights would make a beautiful addition to your big day!
What are some of your favorite ideas for wedding arches with lights? Share below!