Looking for some fun virtual wedding games to play to spice things up during your online reception? We’ve got you covered! Below are ten fabulous ideas, including some that require absolutely no purchase to play!
Don’t forget to also check our Virtual & Printable Bridal Shower Game Bundle!
Let’s start with a quick look at our top picks, then keep reading for all the glorious details.
Virtual Wedding Games Top Picks at a Glance
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
- Virtual “Wheel of Fortune” Customizable Game
- JackBox Games
- Trivia Night
- Good Conversation Questions & Topics
Check the table below for a side-by-side comparison of our favorites!
10 Virtual Wedding Games to Spice Up Your Online Reception
Do you need virtual wedding party games to have a successful Zoom party
No, of course not! However, they definitely help keep everyone engaged and entertained. So, definitely consider incorporating at least one of the ideas below into your event.
As mentioned above, we’ve included both games to play without any supplies (or with supplies your guests already have on hand) as well as some games to buy. We also chose gender-neutral games that everyone, including same-sex couples, can enjoy. Let’s take a look!
Everyone loves Wheel of Fortune, right? I mean, the show has been on forever (and Vanna still looks amazing, what is her secret???)! Well, this fun PowerPoint game is inspired by the classic TV game show. It’s completely customizable, so you can make up phrases related to weddings, the couple, and more.
Scattergories was always one of my favorite board games, but you don’t actually need to buy anything to make it work! If your guests have pen and paper, you have everything you need. Before the game, you can make up lists of categories to use during the event. You can also download a Windows version, like the one in the video below.
Related: Virtual Engagement Party Games
3. Wedding Story Charades
Charades is a classic for a reason- it’s easy, free to play, and nearly everyone knows the rules. Turn it into a fun virtual wedding game by sticking to clues inspired by wedding-centric movies, books, songs, and even real-life nuptials. The video below gives you some pointers on how to play it on Zoom.
4. Never Have I Ever
Another fun classic that requires absolutely zero supplies, Never Have I Ever is always a blast. All you need is a list of funny or embarrassing situations and a few good drinks (you can send out party packs ahead of time with cocktail mixers if you want). This game can get a little crazy, so it’s best to play once the kids are all tucked in.
JackBox is a really nifty collection of screen sharing party games. It was created by the makers of that awesome old game, “You Don’t Know Jack.” They have at least 7 different variety “packs” that work on pretty much every platform imaginable. Buy the pack once and you’ll have plenty of things to play at every single Zoom party from now until the end of time!
- For 1-8 players, plus a participating Audience of up to 10,000!
- Your phones or tablets are your controllers!
- 5 fun party games included:
- Quiplash 2 (3-8 players)
- Trivia Murder Party (1-8 players)
6. Trivia Night
Give all of your guests a chance to show off their mad “random knowledge” skills with this epic virtual trivia game. The digital pack comes with three games you can play with the whole party. You just need to share your screen. It’s available on Etsy!
LOCKDOWN TRIVIA NIGHT is a virtual 3 in 1 quiz download, specifically designed for the visual medium meaning they are great for quarantine quiz nights, lockdown trivia nights and socially distanced games nights!
Why not help your guests break the ice and get to know each other better by incorporating this thoughtful game? It comes with 130 cards with different questions on them. You only need one set (and a designated person to read the questions). Go around the Zoom meeting and give everyone a chance to answer them!
- GOOD CONVERSATIONS! Enjoy the art of conversation with these 130 question cards! Each card has questions anybody can participate in as a fun way to get to know others. A great way to build relationships. This card game includes light topics and deep talking points, family friendly questions, just a fun game for both adults and kids. Play by choosing random cards or preselect questions and topics as talking points.
- FUN GAME FOR EVERYONE! Use as dinner conversation cards for family, party games, roadtrip games , family reunions, as dating games for couples. Great addition to your game night essentials along with board games to spend quality time together. Catch up with your family after a busy day as an after dinner card game to end the day screen free while talking and listening to each other. Communication skills require practice and these question games allow that to be comfortable and fun.
- A NICE GIFT ! Perfect relationship building stuff as getting to know you games. Perhaps you are looking for a thoughtful gift for couples who have everything! This card game makes wonderful gifts for graduates going away to college, as newlywed gifts, also as gifts for married couples. When you thought you already know everything about the other person, this makes a great anniversary gift for wife or husband, boyfriend or girlfriend or even as questions before marriage.
- TAKE ANYWHERE GAME! The durable and portable old fashioned tin case is weatherproof and small enough to bring along to gatherings, parties, coffee shop dates and even as a car game on long drives. The Good Conversations Questions and Topics 130 conversation cards are printed in USA on quality cardstock.
- LESNIKstudio (Author)
Our next suggestion is traditional Jeopardy with a wedding twist!. Most of your guests will be of age and have probably heard of this game. The same rules apply and you can add your own twists to the game. You can dictate a worthy price to up the stakes and get everyone’s adrenaline going.
Interactive PowerPoint game with 6 categories - each with five questions for a total of 30 questions. Game sounds, music, Double & Final Jep-arty! are all included.
COVID can put a dent on your previous wedding plans, so we’re pretty sure dancing is out. Luckily, these game cards will provide some mental stimulation virtually to make up for the lack of a dance floor. We know nothing can substitute those first couple and father and daughter or mother and son dances, but at least this game will be a start.
The quiz includes five rounds covering a variety of knowledge ; Trivia, Wedding Traditions, Music, Guess the Year and a Television round. Play your joker during one of the rounds to double your point but be careful, if you get a question wrong you score zero for that round instead.
This one has almost every game you can imagine. t’s available on Etsy, and you can play everything from trivia to “mumbo jumbo” to virtual “escape the room” style games. You get 19 different screen sharing games in all, and you can use the pack over and over at all of your Zoom parties.
You'll get 19 Individual Virtual Game Products. These games have been specifically designed to be easy to play over the 'Screen Share' function but most of them also come with a printable version as well.
All of these games bring us right back to our wedding day! In times where safety and social distancing guidelines vary in different countries, we aimed to provide you with a healthy and easy outlet for all your wedding fun!
Find the Guest Bingo is also a must-try!
Which ones did you like the most? Remember, you can go for as many of these games as you would like to liven up the festivities. Let us know which ones were a hit in the comments below!
What are your favorite virtual wedding games? Share below!
Last update on 2021-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API