Looking for some of the most touching wedding gifts to give the happy couple? I’m a super sappy and sentimental person, so I’m more than happy to share some of my favorite ideas with you! From personalized gifts for a same-sex marriage to just plain beautiful ideas for all couples, I’ve included something for everyone. Check them out below!
Here is a quick glance at our top picks:
10 Amazingly Sentimental and Touching Wedding Gifts to Give the Happy Couple
While I really recommend shopping from their registry first, if you’re close to the couple you may want to add a second gift as a meaningful extra. Honestly, the most touching wedding gifts are those that come from the heart. In other words, if it truly means something to you, it will mean something to them, too.
If you’re feeling a bit stuck for ideas, though, I found some that I think are just wonderful. Take a look and see if anything jumps out at you.
Oh, last note- I know we said that personalized gifts are one of the most inappropriate wedding gifts for couples that you don’t know well. However, if you’re looking for touching wedding gift ideas, I’m going out on a limb and assuming that you actually know what the couple likes. In that case, personalized is perfect! Still, I’ll find a few options that aren’t customized, so you have a few more options.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
1. Custom Wedding 2 Hearts Maps Art Print
The 2 hearts Maps Art print is a sentimental gift that talks about the moments that led to the couple joining. To you, gifting the couple, this piece may be corny and cool, but to the couple, it means much more. Every love story has a unique path that tells its story. Some may be full of rough trails, while others have smoother ones.
So, this gift is a constant reminder that although each spouse may have had rough moments, they all led to this moment of perfection.
If you look closely, you’ll see that this is actually two maps combined into one heart, with one half for each half of the couple. I love this as a touching wedding gift for couples who grew up in totally different places
Related: Boho Wedding Gifts
Related: Boho Wedding Gifts
Related: Sentimental Virtual Wedding Gift
Related: Sentimental Virtual Wedding Gift. It shows how miles, mountains, or maybe even oceans couldn’t stop them from finding each other.
- This digital print is customized to''heart'' your special day.
- Choose any location worldwide to feature on your personalized split heart map.
- Your print comes beautifully framed in a 13''h x13''w x 1.5''d solid New Zealand Pine shadow box frame.
2. Bridal Bouquet Wedding Gift Floral Preservation Art
The wedding ceremony is so joyful and full of memories. Most brides want to box these memories and keep them as memos for the coming days of the marriage. While it is common for these brides to keep pictures and photo albums, it may not bring as much deja-vu as they want. So, the idea of preserving the bridal flowers is sweet, thoughtful, and sentimental.
If the bride uses real flowers for her bouquet, preserving them will bring fond memories. Recalling the fondest memories of their love through small pieces of the wedding day may save the marriage when it hits the rocks. It is time to move from the mundane wedding gifts to give more value and thoughts to the lovely couple about to say their vows.
This one requires a bit more work on everyone’s part, but it’s among the most beautiful sentimental gift ideas ever. Basically, you’ll place your order and the seller sends you a box.
Then, after the wedding, either you or the couple send off their flowers. The seller works her magic and sends back a perfectly preserved piece of art. It takes 4-6 weeks, but it’s totally worth it.
3. Lovebirds Painting Original Art
The best part of a love marriage is that the couple is uniquely happy on the wedding day. They have a certain glow that is unmatched and beautiful to see. One of my favorite memories of my wedding day is smile wide smile throughout the day. I wish someone had captured those moments in something more than a digital photo.
Most couples also have these secret longing and you can fulfil it by giving them a thoughtful gift. A lovebirds painting captures everything from the sparkle in their eyes to the sweet aura of love they exude. This is not just art. The painting is a promise of never ending love and commitment.
If your favorite couple loves art, this beautiful Lovebirds painting makes a very touching gift. It’s not just a print, but an original piece of art signed and dated by the artist. It arrives protectively packed and wrapped up in a mirror box for added safety.
No products found.
4. A Beautiful Wedding Photo Album
Wedding photo albums are quite common but have an ageless allure. These days, we have replaced albums with digital photos on Cloud and flash drives. While digitalization has made things easier, sometimes we miss out on the beauty of the heavy weight of our fond memories in a leather bound album.
A friend group can decide to gift the couple an album that tells their love story. You can start this tale from before they met and all the events that led to the wedding day. These pictures will serve as a map to the couple on their worst days and on those days when their love seems less worth fighting for.
A really beautiful wedding album makes a perfect gift to give, especially when it’s something as amazing as this one. It’s made from high-quality birch wood and leather, so it’ll last a lifetime. In fact, it’ll last long enough for them to pass it down to their children and grandchildren!
While I love this one pictured here for people who love to travel, the seller also has other styles in their Amazon store.
- Personalized album: this unique handmade photo album can be engraved with your names and date or any other information. We can engrave any kind of picture or inscription, just let us know! We offer 6 different styles for engraving. You can choose the one, which you like more. Also we are able to add additional engraving inside top cover.
- Custom: we offer 2 colors of the wooden cover: Natural (light wood) and Palisander (dark wood). Wood color could look a bit different because of particular qualities of natural wood. Each album has leather bound, which makes such photo book even more unique. Inside you will see 4ring metal mechanism for self-adhesive sheets.
- Item details: Photo album cover size - 13.4 x 13.4" (34 x 34 cm). Leather bound is dark brown color. We offer different options for inside of the album: 30 sheets (60 pages) of ivory, black or kraft cardboard in size 11.7 x 11.4" (29.7 x 29 cm) with or without photo corners (4 sheets with 24 corners on each) in black or kraft colors.
5. Love Letter Blanket
For the most part, dating couples have special notes and love letters that they hold dear during courtship. This carries them through long-distance relationships and bad love days.
If you’re looking for a gift to give your partner on your wedding day, this is perfect! On a letter blanket, you can write all that you love about your spouse and what makes them unique. This is not only special but also promises them that you will always stand by them.
I also think it’s an amazing idea for parents of the brides/grooms to give. You can handwrite a note to the happy couple with your wishes for their happiness, and they’ll see it every time they snuggle up together under it.
- Material: 100% Microfiber,Made Of Anti-pilling Fleece For More Comfort And Warmth. It has anti- wrinkle and anti-fading properties.Super Soft And Feels Great.
- Fleece Throw Blanket Size：There Are Three Sizes To Choose From, Suitable For Children, Teens,Adults! 50 X 40 Inches(130w X 100h Cm).60 X 50 Inches(150w X 130h Cm) .80 X 60 Inches(200w X 150h Cm).Can Meet The Needs Of Various People And Use.
- Perfect Gift Idea:It Has Super Soft And High Quality Fabrics On The Outside And White Inside. Suitable For Bed, Sofa, Camping, Cold Cinema Or Travel!Very Suitable For Indoor Use. Also Very Travel And Outdoor Use,Give Your Family And Friends A Perfect Gift. Cover It In Couch, Sofa, Sectional Or Bed, And Add A New Style To Your Life.
6. Keepsake Ceremony Wine Box
For those who aren’t super close to the couple but want to give something meaningful, this ceremony wine box could be the perfect idea. While personalized and touching, it’s not overly sentimental or sappy.
If they’re not drinkers, it still makes a wonderful place to keep all the little mementos from their big day. They can open it up on their anniversaries and remember every detail of the magical moment where they both said “I Do.”
7. Newlyweds Kit: Japanese Kintsugi Ceremony with Online Course
I came across this rather unique wedding gift on Etsy and thought it was just so touching. The Japanese art of Kintsugi is all about repairing pottery in a way that highlights the cracks rather than tries to hide them.
What does that have to do with marriage? Basically, it teaches the couple that while they may have some “cracks” in the pottery of life, they’ll never be so broken that they can’t be put back together in a beautiful way.
Of course, that’s a very simplified explanation for a very deep philosophy. That’s why the couple gets access to a course along with the 25-piece kit, so they can learn all about it for themselves.
- Bring in the New YOU as you symbolically break free from what was with a ceremonial breaking of this Kit’s handmade bowl. Next, join the pieces of your life with gold as you fly into the arms of your next chapter! A unique gift for Birthdays, Graduations, Baby Showers, or New Years. Maybe you ended a relationship or are experiencing an empty nest? It’s time to be reborn! This Ceremony Kit guides you in creating a gold bowl keepsake to honor your Growth. It’s a Rite of Passage in a Box.
- INCLUDES: 25 Piece Japanese Kintsugi Kit, Japanese Kintsugi Course (video), Handmade Ceramic Bowl, Ceremonial Journal, Gems and Pens, Guided Mindfulness Meditations, and Growth Ceremony (video)
- WHAT’S KINTSUGI? Since the 15th century, instead of discarding pottery that breaks, the Japanese have been joining the pieces with gold. Kintsugi (金継ぎ pronounced keen-soo-gee) literally translates to “Golden Joinery”. LIFEHONEY’s modern Kintsugi Ceremony is the perfect gift to celebrate where you’ve been and where you’re growing!
8. Personalized Wedding Bowl
If you don’t think your favorite couple will enjoy putting pottery together themselves, you can always give them a gorgeous handmade piece that’s already assembled (and free of crack).
This beautiful personalized wedding bowl is handmade and includes their names, date, and a short quote.
- Toast to true love for the first time and husband and wife with the Waterford Lismore Essence Wedding Champagne Flutes.
- These exquisite crystal champagne glasses sparkle magnificently, making a cool, contemporary statement. A lighter wall and thinner stem combine with the intricate detailing of Lismore’s signature diamond and wedge cuts to produce a stunning example of modern drinkware.
- Crafted in Europe from brilliant, lead-free crystal, each glass stands at 10.8″ in height with a 3.1″ width, boasting a gracefully curving body leading up to the flared lip.
9. Personalized Wedding Quotes Painting
This piece of art is another beautiful way to share a meaningful quote with the couple. The tree represents so many wonderful things- strength, longevity, protection, and more. Add their names and date, along with a sentimental message.
- Excellent Love Wall Decor- Create a nostalgic haven with our “I Love You More Today Than Yesterday!” wall art poster print. The distressed wood replica exudes vintage charm, adding warmth to any room. Express affection uniquely, capturing timeless love’s essence.
- Unframed 10×8 Inch Print- Create a unique ambiance with our love couple wall art poster giving a personal touch to you marriage. Our wall art poster Prints are made on luster-finished Fuji Crystal Archive photo paper, resulting in high quality images with a dynamic color range and crisp detail.
- Meaningful Love Gift- Gift the meaningful Love poem wall art poster print to your loved husband with a timeless and heartfelt gesture. Perfect gift for weddings, Anniversary, Valentine day, birthday these Poster Prints offer a loving reminder of commitment.
10. Journey Sticks- A Walking Art Piece
This last one is another super unique yet touching gift with multiple meanings. On the practical side, it’s perfect for couples who love to hike. When I lived in Japan, people who hiked Mt. Fuji used to get these at the start of their climb, and they would mark each leg of their journey.
However, if they don’t hike, on the philosophical side, it’s also a beautiful way to mark their ” life journey” together. Rather than using it to mark new heights on a mountain, they can mark milestones in their marriage, such as anniversaries. I think that would be so neat!
- EACH HIKING STICK is handcrafted from solid wood and contains exquisite detail with a smooth polished finish. Each stick is handcrafted in the USA by skilled local craftsmen.
- HIKING POLE IS LIGHTWEIGHT AND VERSATILE to provide safety, stability and durability while hiking or walking. The safety strap provides a secure grip while the tip provides traction on multiple surfaces.
- HAWTHORN WALKING STICK is ideal to walk confidently on trails, or scenic neighborhood streets. This walking cane is superior in simplicity, strength, and visual majesty. This indestructible walking stick gives peace of mind to brave any trail.
I tried really hard to choose gifts we haven’t talked about before, even though some of them would be perfect for this post. If you’re curious, I recommend checking out these truly thoughtful last-minute gift ideas (I particularly love the hidden message bracelets). There are also some wonderfully touching gift ideas on this list of inspirational lesbian wedding gifts, most of which can easily be personalized for two grooms instead.
What are some of your favorite touching wedding gifts? Share below!
Nicole is the editor-in-chief and regular staff writer for LoveYouWedding. What does that mean? Basically, she handles all the day-to-day tasks related to managing writers and bringing you stellar content on planning the LGBTQ+ wedding of your dreams.
She loves writing about quirky and unique wedding ideas, probably because she’s pretty quirky herself!