Want to throw a low-waste lesbian bachelorette party for your favorite bride-to-be?
Our ideas prove you don’t have to destroy the planet to have a great time!
From green party supplies to sustainable appetizers to eco-friendly gifts and party favors, we’ve got the entire event covered.
We’ll even give you a few zero-waste ideas to consider.
How to Plan a Low-Waste Lesbian Bachelorette Party
I’ll make it as easy as possible to plan your low-waste lesbian bachelorette party by breaking it down into categories for each stage.
By the way, while we’re focusing on special touches for lesbian parties, many of the tips are totally gender-neutral.
In other words, feel free to incorporate them into any bachelor or bachelorette party. 🙂
Last note before we begin: this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Green bachelorette party supplies
Remember the three Rs- reduce, reuse (or repurpose), recycle. With that in mind, let’s check out some green low-waste ideas.
Remember: less is more
If you want to have a low-waste lesbian bachelorette party, buy less stuff that gets thrown out later. It’s common sense, right?
Don’t go crazy with paper decorations, confetti, and other stuff that will end up in the trash.
Choose reusable or recyclable supplies.
Rather than buying a bunch of disposable decor and supplies, look for items that you can reuse or repurpose. Here are a few ideas:
- Mason jars to hold twinkly lights, candy, flowers, and more.
- Reusable cups that guests can keep (supply and favor in one).
- Cute no-sew reusable napkins made from fabric remnants.
- Pompoms made with t-shirts instead of paper (after the party, repurpose them into cleaning rags).
- Skip the plastic utensils. Instead, either use wood, bamboo, or just plain old silverware.
- Same goes for plates. Ditch paper and plastic. Either use plates you have (for a home party) or go with reusable melamine.
My favorite green bachelorette party supplies
1. Eco-friendly dinnerware
If you can’t get away with using your own plates and really need something disposable, go with the Eco Party Pack.
Everything it is biodegrades, so at least it won’t end up in the ocean.
- 【SERVICES 20 GUESTS】Delihom Disposable Dinnerware Set includes: 20*10.25” Dinner Plates, 20*7” Salad Plates, 20*6.25” Knives, 20*6.25” Forks, 20*6.25” Spoons, 20*12oz Cups, 50 Napkins and 2 Green 84"x54" Tablecloths. Affordable and convenient for all casual occasions or celebrations: Perfect to serve at your Parties,Picnics, Birthdays, Christmas, Brunch, Camping, Hiking and Barbeques.
- 【DISPOSABLE & COMPOSTABLE】 Delihom Eco Party Pack is made from eco friendly sustainable materials. All dinnerware is made from renewable and sustainable plant resources: 100% biodegradable bagasse (sugarcane fiber) and corn starch, all contents in the set including packaging are PLASTIC-FREE!
- 【SAFE FOR HOT AND COLD FOOD】The compostable plates are sturdily made,Heat Resistant and oil proof. cutlery can go from the freezer and microwave.Cups and utensils are designed with a high heat tolerance for hot food without absorbing liquids and softening.
- 【STURDY DURABLE QUALITY】Our eco friendly dinnerware set gives you a high quality, durable feel while providing a guilt-free disposable solution. The biodegradable plates and compostable cutlery offer reliable strength which hold their shape, prevent leaks and impart no flavor. long lasting and Easy Cleanup.
- 【OK BIOBASED & BPI CERTIFIED】Enjoy your food with our plant-based tableware for your safety and health. All contents of the Eco Party Pack are designed to degrade and can be composted in a commercial facility operated in accordance with best composting management practices.
2. Budget-friendly bulk mason jars
While Ball jars are the best, they can be pricey in bulk. These are a bit more “party budget” friendly.
- 👉Premium strong high quality glass jars with silver lids -- 12 pieces 16 OZ mason glass jar set with silver screw lids,which is made of the highest quality materials for maximum durability and convenience.
- 👉BPA Free & Food safe -- BPA Free 100% food safe grade glass and dishwasher safe. Silver lids are lab certified corrosion-resistant material.
- 👉Classic & Elegant -- KAMOTA glass jars have an elegant design and the transparent glass can clearly distinguish what is inside. Each lid is expertly designed with ease of use and storage security in mind; the included lids seal tightly to prevent leaks and preserve foods while still being easy to open and close.
- 👉Versatile & Multipurpose -- Use for baby food, jam or jelly, spices, honey, cosmetics or homemade candles. Perfect for wedding favors, shower favors, party favors or other homemade gifts. Try filling with bath salts, body butter, candy, nuts, buttons, beads, lotions, essential oils and more...
- 👉Suitable for decorations and crafts -- Use the mason jars to make unique creations and gifts. You can paint and decorate the classic canning jars however you want and use them to create party lights. Give your loved ones homemade cookies in these beautiful jelly jars as a unique and personal gift.
3. LED twinkle lights
Fill those mason jars with these adorable LED twinkle lights! You get 24 in each set.
- ♥8 Different Colors in One Package: The package including 8 different color strings(warm white, cool white,blue,purple,pink,red,green,orange).Saving your money to buy multiple strings while you don’t know which is your favorite one.
- ♥Easy Use with CR2032 Battery Included: The battery included in the string lights, just use the attached little screw driver to change batteries while it’s out of power.The Battery is 3V low voltage and offer a more than 48 hours continue use.
- ♥Portable and Convenient Little Decor: With a mini 2*1*0.2 inch battery case and 1.2ft lead wire,6 ft string lights, can be put in mason jars, bottles, candlestick or used in special costumes,hair ornament for Halloweens,stage performance,or decor the trees,gifts,house in Wedding,Party, Christmas.
- ♥Waterproof and High Quality Copper Wire Led Lights: The string lights is waterproof and can be put in water to create a wonderful scene, notice: the battery case is not waterproof. The copper wire is bendable in any shape and safe to touch.
- ♥After service Policy：We promise a 30-Day Full Refund Policy and 24-hour customer satisfaction service, If you have any problems, please feel free to contact the seller directly.
4. Bamboo Straws
Forget plastic straws. Instead, use these fantastic Jungle Straws! They’re made from bamboo.
5. Cloth napkins
If you don’t want to make your own, grab these! They come in a ton of fun colors, so you can coordinate them with your party’s theme.
- VALUE PACK: Each set contains 1 Dozen Oversized Solid Dinner Napkins - Tailored with Mitered corners and a generous 1 inch hem. Each napkin measures 18x18 inches.
- OVERSIZED & PURE COTTON: 12Pack cloth napkins made from a lovely classic and soft 100% Pure Combed Cotton. Perfect for everyday use, family dinners, dinner parties, weddings or even a picnic! The more they are washed the softer they get.
- HIGH QUALITY: Cloth napkins are a great way to make your dinning table welcoming, beautiful napkins & easy to wash. Pair with one of our tablecloths, placemats, or napkin rings for the full effect.
- A VARIETY OF USES: These are great to have around the house for dinner parties, cocktail parties, thanks giving dinner, Christmas meals, holiday events, wedding receptions, or just regular home use! Add a classic, festive touch to any occasion with these high quality dinner napkins, or feel extra elegant during your normal dinner routine!
- EASY CARE: Easy to maintain, these durable dinner napkins are machine washed in cold water, always follow care label instructions for best results.
Low-waste bachelorette party food
Now that we’ve grabbed some planet-friendly party supplies, it’s time to choose the menu.
Again, let’s start with some basic tips. Then, I’ll share a few of my favorite recipes and ideas.
- Ditch the packaging by making your own food (or as much as possible).
- Skip huge entrees and go with a Charcuterie board filled with eco-friendly nuts, raw veggies and locally sourced fruits & cheese.
- Speaking of cheese, did you know that low-fat is better for the planet as well as your waistline?
- Serve cocktails made with organic booze (totally a thing) and locally sourced fruits for the juice.
- Stick with in-season fruits & veggies
- Serve a vegan or vegetarian menu (or at least keep it low-meat)
Going out to dinner? Follow these tips:
- Order from the tap. That goes for everything from water to soda to beer.
- Go with a local restaurant versus a big chain. They’re more likely to source their ingredients from local sources.
- Skip the plastic straw. Either bring your own (like those bamboo straws above) or drink directly out of the cup.
- Don’t eat with your eyes. In other words, don’t order more than you can actually eat just because it looks good.
- Share entrees, a la family style.
Lesbian bachelorette rainbow party food ideas
1. Charcuterie board
You can never go wrong with a Charcuterie board, especially when it includes all the colors of the rainbow.
Just remember keep it local and organic. If you want to toss some chocolate in the mix, go with fair trade organic chocolate. I like Alter Eco a lot.
- SILK VELVET TRUFFLES - Recognize the deep, smooth Ecuadorian chocolate surrounding these sumptuous truffles. Inside, nourishing coconut oil meets milk and cacao for an oh-so-creamy center.
- MOUTH WATERING CHOCOLATE RECIPES - Get creative with your chocolate truffles! Your purchase comes with a Recipe Guide eBook, featuring three easy and delicious chocolate recipes you can make at home.
- COMPOSTABLE WRAPPERS AND RECYCLABLE BOXES - Does it get any more sustainable? Our compostable wrappers and recyclable gables make every Truffle that much better.
- MADE WITH PURE COCONUT OIL - We make our Truffles with 100% pure Coconut Oil. We want you to have the best for you body, and your taste buds!
- ORGANIC & FAIR TRADE – Certified by the USDA Organic and Fair Trade! Our organic chocolate starts at the soil, and is finished with FSC Certified recyclable packaging.
2. Rainbow Cookies
Make your own pride cookies before the party.
Just bake up some heart-shaped sugar cookies, then decorate them with homemade frosting colored with organic food coloring.
3. Rainbow pizza
Take that essential party food to whole new levels with this beautiful rainbow pizza!
While this one starts with a cauliflower base, you can also just use regular pizza dough (ask your local pizzeria for some).
Then, top it with veggies in every color of the rainbow.
4. Rainbow Crepe Cake
When made with – you guessed it- organic ingredients and locally sourced fruits- this delicate cake is both low-waste and eco-friendly.
Grab this recipe and use those organic food colorings from your cookies. Make it even more eco-friendly by getting your milk, butter, and eggs from a local farm.
5. Rainbow salad
Rainbow salads are perhaps one of the most eco-friendly party foods of all (when you buy local produce, of course).
While you can use pretty much any fruits or veggies that you want, some good options include:
- peppers (yellow, green and/or red)
Eco-friendly lesbian bachelorette party gifts
The best eco-friendly party favors are the ones that don’t get thrown away, so choose items that everyone can reuse.
I like to pick a few things that can actually be used during the party, too. Some of my favorite general ideas:
- Tumblers, shot glasses, or wine glasses that can be used during and after the party.
- Temporary tattoos (no waste, since they wash away).
- Things that grow, like seed bombs
- Bath bombs
- Cookies or other sweet treats (just package them in a reusable tin)
- T-shirts (even if you never wear it again, you can repurpose it later).
Stay away from cutesy “use once, then toss” items.
Sure, plastic sunglasses that say “Bride tribe” are darling. Let’s be honest, though, no one will ever wear them again after the party.
Read on for some specific recommendations
My favorite sustainable lesbian bachelorette party favors
1. Bachelorette Tumblers with Straw
Hand out these adorable personalized tumblers when the party starts and use them instead of cups for all those tasty drinks.
After the bash, everyone can take them home, wash them out, and reuse them for water, juice, or more cocktails.
2. Temporary tattoos
Here’s a great almost zero waste bachelorette party- temporary tattoos! Customize the names and primary color.
Choose from packs as small as five and as large as 50. The only thing that gets tossed is the backing (make sure you recycle it.
3. Wildflower Seed Bombs
These colorful seed bombs come in all the colors of the rainbow, making them perfect for a low-waste lesbian bachelorette party.
Guest can take them home and plant them for a long-lasting eco-friendly reminder of their fun night.
4. Pride Bachelorette Party Hair Ties
I don’t know about you, but I can always use a hair tie, especially after a night of partying! Sorry, is that TMI?
The hair ties are reusable, the paper is recyclable, making these a great low-waste party favor idea.
5. Love is Love Bath Bomb Gift Set
How cute is this Love is Love bath bomb set?
While the plastic packaging doesn’t scream low-waste, it’s recyclable. Everything else literally melts away into nothingness.
Throwing a low waste lesbian bachelorette party isn’t hard. It’s certainly easier than having a low-waste wedding!
You just have to adjust your thinking a bit. Skimping on decorations or cutting back on wasteful supplies and favors isn’t going to ruin the night.
To paraphrase Cindi Lauper, brides just wanna have fun! If you can cover that, it’ll be a night to remember.
Do you have any other low waste lesbian bachelorette party ideas? Share below!
Last update on 2020-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API