Want to throw a low-waste lesbian bachelorette party for your favorite bride-to-be?
You don’t need to hop in a party bus and pollute an entire city! Our ideas prove you don’t have to destroy the planet to have a great time!
From green party supplies to sustainable appetizers to eco-friendly gifts and , we’ve got the entire event covered. party favors
We’ll even give you a few zero-waste ideas to consider.
How to Plan a Low-Waste Lesbian Bachelorette Party
I’ll make it as easy as possible to plan your low-waste lesbian bachelorette party by breaking it down into categories for each stage.
By the way, while we’re focusing on special touches for lesbian parties, many of the tips are totally gender-neutral.
In other words, feel free to incorporate them into any bachelor or bachelorette party. 🙂
Last note before we begin: this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Green bachelorette party supplies
Remember the three Rs- reduce, reuse (or repurpose), recycle. With that in mind, let’s check out some green low-waste ideas.
Remember: less is more
If you want to have a low-waste lesbian bachelorette party, buy less stuff that gets thrown out later. It’s common sense, right?
Don’t go crazy with paper decorations, confetti, and other stuff that will end up in the trash.
Choose reusable or recyclable supplies.
Rather than buying a bunch of disposable decor and supplies, look for items that you can reuse or repurpose. Here are a few ideas:
- Mason jars to hold twinkly lights, candy, flowers, and more.
- Reusable cups that guests can keep (supply and favor in one).
- Cute made from fabric remnants.no-sew reusable napkins
- instead of paper (after the party, repurpose them into cleaning rags). Pompoms made with t-shirts
- Skip the plastic utensils. Instead, either use wood, bamboo, or just plain old silverware.
- Same goes for plates. Ditch paper and plastic. Either use plates you have (for a home party) or go with reusable melamine.
My favorite green bachelorette party supplies
Here are some of my favorite recent shop items and discoveries you might consider for your bachelor party decorations, favors, or supplies.
1. Eco-friendly dinnerware
If you can’t get away with using your own plates and really need something disposable, go with the Eco Party Pack.
Everything it is biodegrades, so at least it won’t end up in the ocean.
- 【SERVICES 20 GUESTS】Delihom Disposable Dinnerware Set includes: 20*10.25” Dinner Plates, 20*7” Salad Plates, 20*6.25” Knives, 20*6.25” Forks, 20*6.25” Spoons, 20*12oz Cups, 50 Napkins and 2 Green 84"x54" Tablecloths. Affordable and convenient for all casual occasions or celebrations: Perfect to serve at your Parties,Picnics, Birthdays, Christmas, Brunch, Camping, Hiking and Barbeques.
- 【DISPOSABLE & COMPOSTABLE】 Delihom Eco Party Pack is made from eco friendly sustainable materials. All dinnerware is made from renewable and sustainable plant resources: 100% biodegradable bagasse (sugarcane fiber) and corn starch, all contents in the set including packaging are PLASTIC-FREE!
- 【SAFE FOR HOT AND COLD FOOD】The compostable plates are sturdily made,Heat Resistant and oil proof. cutlery can go from the freezer and microwave.Cups and utensils are designed with a high heat tolerance for hot food without absorbing liquids and softening.
2. Budget-friendly bulk mason jars
While Ball jars are the best, they can be pricey in bulk. These are a bit more “party budget” friendly.
- 👉Premium strong high quality glass jars with silver lids -- 12 pieces 16 OZ mason glass jar set with silver screw lids,which is made of the highest quality materials for maximum durability and convenience.
- 👉BPA Free & Food safe -- BPA Free 100% food safe grade glass and dishwasher safe. Silver lids are lab certified corrosion-resistant material.
- 👉Classic & Elegant -- KAMOTA glass jars have an elegant design and the transparent glass can clearly distinguish what is inside. Each lid is expertly designed with ease of use and storage security in mind; the included lids seal tightly to prevent leaks and preserve foods while still being easy to open and close.
3. LED twinkle lights
Fill those mason jars with these adorable ! They’ll make the perfect backdrop for your night with your wedding party. You get 24 LED twinkle lights in each set. They double as a beautiful bracelet!
4. Bamboo Straws
Forget plastic straws. Instead, use these fantastic jungle straws! They’re made from bamboo. They’ll also come in handy during any requisite bar time during your bachelorette weekend.
- YIIYI PAPER STRAW – 100pcs/pack, 0.24inch(6mm) Diameter, 7.75inch (197mm), Made by 3 ply premium Kraft papre, stanger and Safe, Made of food grade paper,Dye-free, toxin free, taste and odor free, and can hold up great and will not fall apart or melt in liquid for an extended period of time.
- WIDE APPLICATION AND TOP QUALITY: These environmentally friendly paper straws work perfectly for daily drinks, such as juices, shakes, smoothies, iced coffee etc. They are great for Birthday parties, baby showers, wedding receptions, bridal showers, housewarming parties, picnics, cake pops and more. It can also be used in arts and crafts
- Eco-friendly & Disposable Drinkware： YIYI STRAW Made FSC certified Paper, Our paper is from forests that comply with the most rigorous environmental and social standards,Paper straws are a great replacement to the plastic straws! From the straws to the packaging, our paper straws are placed in a high-end box, not individually wrapped in plastic, everything is friendly to the environment
5. Cloth napkins
If you don’t want to make your own, grab these! They come in a ton of fun colors, so you can coordinate them with your party’s theme.
- VALUE PACK: Each set contains 1 Dozen Oversized Solid Dinner Napkins - Tailored with Mitered corners and a generous 1 inch hem. Each napkin measures 18x18 inches.
- OVERSIZED & PURE COTTON: 12Pack cloth napkins made from a lovely classic and soft 100% Pure Combed Cotton. Perfect for everyday use, family dinners, dinner parties, weddings or even a picnic! The more they are washed the softer they get.
- HIGH QUALITY: Cloth napkins are a great way to make your dinning table welcoming, beautiful napkins & easy to wash. Pair with one of our tablecloths, placemats, or napkin rings for the full effect.
Low-waste bachelorette party food
Now that we’ve grabbed some planet-friendly party supplies, it’s time to choose the menu.
Again, let’s start with some basic tips. Then, I’ll share a few of my favorite recipes and ideas.
- Ditch the packaging by making your own food (or as much as possible).
- Skip huge entrees and go with a Charcuterie board filled with eco-friendly nuts, raw veggies and locally sourced fruits & cheese. These are especially perfect for outdoor activities.
- Speaking of cheese, did you know thatas well as your waistline?low-fat is better for the planet
- Serve cocktails made with organic booze (totally a thing) and locally sourced fruits for the juice.
- Stick with in-season fruits & veggies
- Serve a vegan or vegetarian menu (or at least keep it low-meat)
Going out to dinner? Follow these tips:
- Order from the tap. That goes for everything from water to soda to beer.
- Go with a local restaurant versus a big chain. They’re more likely to source their ingredients from local sources.
- Skip the plastic straw. Either bring your own (like those bamboo straws above) or drink directly out of the cup.
- Don’t eat with your eyes. In other words, don’t order more than you can actually eat just because it looks good.
- Share entrees, a la family style.
Lesbian bachelorette rainbow party food ideas
1. Charcuterie board
You can never go wrong with a Charcuterie board, especially when it includes all the colors of the rainbow.
Just remember keep it local and organic. If you want to toss some chocolate in the mix, go with fair trade organic chocolate. I like Alter Eco a lot.
- SILK VELVET TRUFFLES - MELTY, SILKY, GOODNESS - Recognize the deep, smooth Ecuadorian chocolate surrounding these sumptuous truffles. Inside, nourishing coconut oil meets milk and cacao for an oh-so-creamy center.
- COMPOSTABLE WRAPPERS AND RECYCLABLE BOXES - Does it get any more sustainable? Our compostable wrappers and recyclable gables make every Truffle that much better.
- MADE WITH PURE COCONUT OIL - We make our Truffles with 100% pure Coconut Oil. We want you to have the best for your body, and your taste buds!
2. Rainbow Cookies
Make your own pride cookies before the party.
Just bake up some heart-shaped sugar cookies, then decorate them with homemade frosting colored with organic food coloring.
3. Rainbow pizza
Take that essential party food to whole new levels with this beautiful rainbow pizza!
While this one starts with a cauliflower base, you can also just use regular pizza dough (ask your local pizzeria for some).
Then, top it with veggies in every color of the rainbow.
4. Rainbow Crepe Cake
When made with – you guessed it- organic ingredients and locally sourced fruits- this delicate cake is both low-waste and eco-friendly.
Grab this recipe and use those organic food colorings from your cookies. Make it even more eco-friendly by getting your milk, butter, and eggs from a local farm.
5. Rainbow salad
Rainbow salads are perhaps one of the most eco-friendly party foods of all (when you buy local produce, of course).
While you can use pretty much any fruits or veggies that you want, some good options include:
- peppers (yellow, green and/or red)
Eco-friendly lesbian bachelorette party gifts
The best eco-friendly party favors are the ones that don’t get thrown away, so choose items that everyone can reuse.
I like to pick a few things that can actually be used during the party, too. Some of my favorite general ideas:
- Tumblers, shot glasses, or wine glasses that can be used during and after the party.
- Temporary tattoos (no waste, since they wash away).
- Things that grow, like seed bombs
- Bath bombs
- Cookies or other sweet treats (just package them in a reusable tin)
- T-shirts (even if you never wear it again, you can repurpose it later).
Stay away from cutesy “use once, then toss” items.
Sure, plastic sunglasses that say “Bride tribe” are darling. Let’s be honest, though, no one will ever wear them again after the party.
Read on for some specific recommendations
My favorite sustainable lesbian bachelorette party favors
1. Bachelorette Tumblers with Straw
Hand out when the party starts and use them instead of cups for all those tasty drinks. these adorable personalized tumblers
After the bash, everyone can take them home, wash them out, and reuse them for water, juice, or more cocktails.
- GIVE A ONE-OF-A-KIND GIFT: Give a unique gift to that special person in your life.
- PERFECT GIFT FOR BRIDE TO BE: Look no further on your hunt for bride gifts for her. Purchase this travel mug for her to use on that special day and for years to come.
- GIFT-BOX READY: Packed in a gift-wrap-themed box, this bride tumbler is perfect if you’re shopping for bride gifts, engagement gifts for bride, or gifts for bride on her wedding day.
2. Temporary tattoos
Here’s a great almost zero waste bachelorette party- ! Customize the names and primary color. temporary tattoos
Choose from packs as small as five and as large as 50. The only thing that gets tossed is the backing (make sure you recycle it.
- CUSTOM PERSONALITY – 20 Pack Black temporary tattoo kit in beautiful package, special designs. The size of tattoo paper is 6cm*10.5cm / 2.3″*4.1″.
- REALISTIC & LATEST – A good mood needs decoration. Latest designs can give you unique body art.The Unlike other temporary tattoos, ours look very realistic.
- EASY TO APPLY – Put the tattoos and wet it, in less than 30 seconds with long lasting tattoos. These stylish foil tattoos are easily removable by rubbing baby oil.
3. Wildflower Seed Bombs
These colorful come in all the colors of the rainbow, making them perfect for a low-waste lesbian bachelorette party. seed bombs
Guest can take them home and plant them for a long-lasting eco-friendly reminder of their fun night.
- ATTRACTIVE US NATIVE PERENNIALS & ANNUALS: Vibrant flowers selected for beauty, durability, and pollinator value.
- POLLINATOR FRIENDLY: Great for attracting bees, butterflies (includes regionally native milkweed), and hummingbirds; Non-GMO, pesticide and herbicide free
- SCIENTIFICALLY DEVELOPED SOIL: Blend of sustainably sourced compost and iron rich clay
4. Pride Bachelorette Party Hair Ties
I don’t know about you, but I can always use a hair tie, especially after a night of partying! Sorry, is that TMI?
The hair ties are reusable, the paper is recyclable, making these a great low-waste party favor idea.
5. Love is Love Bath Bomb Gift Set
How cute is this Love is Love bath bomb set
While the actual product packaging doesn’t scream low-waste, it’s recyclable. Everything else literally melts away into nothingness.
Throwing a low-waste lesbian bachelorette party isn’t hard. It’s certainly easier than having a low-waste wedding!
You just have to adjust your thinking and your party itinerary a bit. Skimping on bachelorette party decorations or cutting back on wasteful bachelor party supplies and favors isn’t going to ruin the night.
To paraphrase Cindi Lauper, lesbian brides just wanna have fun! If you can cover that, it’ll be a night to remember.
What are the 5 principles of zero waste?
The “5 Rs” in the principles of zero waste include the following: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Rot. These 5 rules were proposed by environmentalist Béa Johnson’s book, “Zero Waste Home: The ultimate guide to simplifying your life by reducing your waste”.
As an environmentalist, these five rules are what you should embody in your daily choices.
How do you plan a zero waste event?
If you want to have a zero waste event, the best way you can do it is to be accepting of your venue’s natural beauty. This is why you should pick out a venue that is naturally beautiful on its own, even without the use of too much decorations. This is just the first step on what you can do to have a zero waste event.
What are eco-friendly materials for events?
If you are coming up with an event and you wish to use eco-friendly materials, the items that you should avoid are glitter and confetti. These things are difficult to clean up and are even toxic to the earth. You should also avoid using single-use materials in your event. If this is not possible, then opt for biodegradable or compostable materials.
Do you have any other low waste lesbian bachelorette party ideas? Share below!
Nicole is the editor-in-chief and regular staff writer for LoveYouWedding. What does that mean? Basically, she handles all the day-to-day tasks related to managing writers and bringing you stellar content on planning the LGBTQ+ wedding of your dreams.
She loves writing about quirky and unique wedding ideas, probably because she’s pretty quirky herself!
Last update on 2024-02-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API