Wedding anniversary games can make your special day even more special by adding the much-needed zest of fun and liveliness. With these ideas below, you will have no shortage of ways to have uproarious fun and make lasting memories.
Don’t forget to also check our list of funny bridal shower questions!
FYI, this post includes affiliate links. If you buy through them, we earn a small commission.
30 Wedding Anniversary Games for Couples
From simple games that require nothing more than your guests alone to outrageously fun ideas that need a little more planning, there’s something for everyone below.
1. Find Your Mate
One of the most romantic games for couples celebrating their wedding anniversary is finding your mate. To play, you first blindfold one of the spouses.
For instance, the wife would have to find the husband from amongst all the men in the room, and the husband would have to find the wife amongst all the women, using only their sense of touch and smell.
READ MORE: Where to Buy Bridal Shower Games?
2. Couples Karaoke
Mix and match songs of your choice: love songs, ballads, mellow rock, pop songs, etc.
Then, each couple gets to sing their version of the song. You can also have all the couples sing the song at one time. And based on these performances, you get to decide who’d be crowned as the winner!
3. Trivia Buffs
Nothing spells chemistry like charting out an entire fun questionnaire about each spouse and then asking the other to fill it up. Create multiple-choice questionnaires, with an assortment of different questions of your choice.
And once all answers are in, you compute the score and see who the highest scorer is, and which couple knows the other half best.
- Is starboard on the left or right side of a boat? How do you say â€œjapanâ€ in japanese? Is a penguin a bird? How long did sleeping beauty actually sleep?
- In contrast to traditional trivia formats, you don't receive points for answering questions correctly. Instead, points are subtracted for every incorrect answer!
- Contains 110 cards with more than 400 questions about things that you should know
4. Classic Charades
The nicest part about this game is that it requires very little preparation. Simply ask the players to present movie titles and songs, and have the spouse guess the correct name. No talking allowed from the presenter, of course!
Check out this video for some ideas!
5. Spin the Wheel
Prepare a personalized wheel of tasks or minute to win it games based on your party theme. This can be as crazy or mellow as you like it to be. Get creative!
Plan on the tasks you want your guests to do, make a group of teams, ask each member of the group to spin the task wheel, and voila.
Antakshari is a famous musical game common in South Asia. To play this game, you divide guests into groups.
Then, ask a group to sing a song. Once they’re done, the other group has to sing a song that starts with the ending letter of the previous group’s song.
7. Passing the Buck
This is an oldie, but it can be super fun. We all know the drill! You pass around a dollar bill, and whoever is holding it when the music stops will have to do an activity that the guests decide on.
8. How Well Do You Know Your Spouse?
Are you able to easily identify what items your spouse uses? If so, consider playing this game! This is a fun game in which you divide couples into separate groups.
Then one facilitator asks all the ladies to collect their everyday items and place them on a table. Then, one partner is tasked with identifying which one of those items belongs to their other partner.
9. Word Jumble
Similar to ‘hangman’, in this game, a person constructs a word jumble. Then, others have to guess the correct answer based on the hint. You can give the hint using an image, a statement, or a gesture. If you need some ideas, these printables are fun to use!
- A GAME OF LOVE & LAUGHTER: Make your bridal shower an unforgettable event with our modern and elegant confetti navy-and-gold-themed word scramble game. Not only will it add excitement to the celebration, but it will also bring everyone together in a fun and light-hearted way.
- PACK OF 25 PREMIUM PARTY SUPPLIES: Our abstract bridal shower games are printed on 4" x 6" cards that are easy to write. These cute bridal shower game cards feature modern confetti dot designs in indigo and gold colors that match the wedding vibe.
- UNSCRAMBLE THE FUN: In just 10 minutes, guests will be challenged to unscramble wedding-related words, sparking conversation and joy. Personalize the game by setting time limits and offering different prize tiers for the winners.
10. Marriage Advice
While giving and receiving advice might not be seen as a fun idea by all, but some do fancy giving or receiving great advice. So here goes!
Place some blank pieces of paper on a table. Ask your guests to write down advice that they have for their spouse, or it can be advice about general things as well. Then, have spouses try to figure out which advice came from their partner!
If nothing else, you’d probably have a great many useful pieces of advice at the end of the day!
11. Photo Safari Taken to the Next Level
So here’s how you play this game. Get all your guests to take a photo from a camera (this inexpensive one works great) that you’ve placed on the table for the game on a particular theme.
What differentiates it from a regular photo safari game is that you’d add a creative twist to it.
So either, you assign your guests a theme to take photos on, and then you decide the winner based on the quality of the pics. Or, they take the pics and you guess the theme.
It can be done both ways. How cool is that!
12. The Peg Game
Doing the laundry… Ugh, what a chore! But these clothes pegs can be put to a fun use through this game.
It goes like this: your guests have to clip on the cloth pegs to another guests’ clothes without them noticing (kind of like them playing hide and seek but with clothes pegs).
And if they do notice, well, then they’d have to clip it onto someone else’s clothes! And at the end of the day (or night), whosoever has the most number of pegs clipped on to their clothes would have to do a task assigned to them by everyone else.
13. Musical Chairs
Yes, it’s common, but it’s a classic for a reason, so don’t count it out. Plus, it’s even more intense than it was when you were kids. This video below proves it!
14. Dance Party!
You can mix and match songs and have people display their groovy skills on the dance floor. You can do it in couples, teams, shy people teamed with boisterous people, a dancing contest, take your pick!
The video below has a great mix of songs to use.
15. Dance… Freeze!
While a dance party is itself a lot of fun, you can make it even funnier by asking the DJ to stop the music at specific but sudden intervals.
And at that point, everyone is supposed to immediately freeze. Hilarity will ensue as even the shyest dancers will laugh it off at the awkward poses you get to see (or be in!).
16. Walk the Cat Walk
The best game has no winners or losers. And this is that game. You can create a runway, and then ask your guests to walk the catwalk.
This game has no rules. It’s a recipe for an amazing time as people strut their moves trying to mimic their favorite models!
17. Ring Toss
Cheap and easy, simply throw rings in hooks (bottles, sleek stands, etc). It’s a game everyone can play without qualms.
- Introducing the Elite Sportz Ring Toss - the perfect outdoor game for kids! This classic game is great for family fun, birthday parties, and backyard barbecues. It's a simple and fun way to keep kids entertained and active outdoors.
- The Elite Sportz Ring Toss comes with 5 durable rope rings and a sturdy wooden base with score markings. The rings are easy to throw and the base is designed to withstand the elements, so you can play this game again and again.
- This fun-filled game is perfect for developing hand-eye coordination, motor skills, and social skills. Kids will love competing with each other and trying to beat their own scores. Plus, it's a great way to get them outside and away from screens.
18. Giant Jenga
Jenga on its own is super fun, but when you scale it up, it’s even more of a blast!
- 『57 PCS GIANT TUMBLE TOWER SET』MEGWOZ giant tumble tower comes with 57 pieces Tumble Blocks,2 pieces dice, 1 scoreboard & marker, and one high-quality handy zippered bag. Each block measures 6 * 2* 1.3″, the toppling timber starts at 2 Ft (19 rows) tall and can be grown up over 4.2 Ft tall during play, allowing you to experience the joy of challenge and victory.
- 『PREMIUM QUALITY PINE WOOD & SAFE FOR YOU』Crafted from premium hand-selected New Zealand Pine hardwood, our wooden block is NON-Toxic, has No Splitting, No Cracking, durable enough for long-time use. The block corner edges are meticulously designed without barbs or burrs, which is safe for your family and can help to strengthen interaction with your family.
- 『EXCELLENT TEACH TOOL & SUITABLE FOR ALL AGE』Playing block stacking yard game is a good way to develop social skills like being patient, sharing, taking turns, and enjoying interactions with others, it also can help to foster the ability to focus. The giant tower is a great outdoor & indoor game for adults and families of all ages with hours of quality entertainment.
This may require a bit more infrastructure than other simpler options, but it’s all the more rewarding.
And, it isn’t as challenging to set up either. All you need is to mark the ‘lane’, get some sturdy pins, a bowling ball, and you got yourself a bowling ball game everyone can play.
20. Sit or Stand
Prepare hilarious questions with “yes/no” or “agree/disagree” answers, and then assign ‘sit’ as ‘yes’ and ‘stand’ as ‘no’, or vice versa.
Everyone would get to know a lot about each other whilst getting a bit of exercise.
21. Name the Song
Get your DJ to play a few seconds of a tune or song, and your guests have to guess which song it is.
You can divide the people into groups, couples, and teams… as you like it.
22. Puzzle Time
It’s awesome when games center on the anniversary celebrating a couple strengthening their bond.
But it can be cool if it involves your guests in it too. Prepare questions from the life of the celebrating couple, and hide the answers in the form of a crossword which guests have to fill. You can even add rewards for correct answers, or select the winner at the end.
23. Wacky Photo Booth
Everyone loves a photo booth. But why not spice things up with some competition? Whoever takes the wackiest photo of the lot would be the winner!
Check out the video below for ideas on how to make your own photo booth
24. Anniversary Piñata
Create an extra hilarious piñata full of dessert goodies for dessert time. Blindfold the person with the biggest sweet tooth of them all to take an aim and break the piñata. This way, you get to serve up the dessert but with much fervor!
25. Identify the Note Giver
This is a beautiful way to build memories and collect sentimental and/or funny notes too.
For this, ask your guests to write a note on chits of paper as they enter the party without writing their names. When all notes are ready, the anniversary couple has to read out the note and identify who wrote it.
Write down random words and place them in a bowl. Then, one person takes the word out of the bowl and gets only 30 seconds to draw it for everyone to guess.
Create a limbo bar and then ask the couples to go through it, either one by one, or together. Lower the bar after every round.
28. Not-so-Newlywed Game
A fun spin on the classic Newlywed game, this one is perfect for couples who have been together for a while. For this, you prepare questions about the life of the celebrating couple. Ask one spouse to leave the room, and ask these questions from the other spouse.
Then, repeat but this time with another spouse answering. Finally, match their answers!
29. Who Did What First?
Refresh the memories of the couple by asking them “who did what first?”. It acts as a sweet reminder of all the times they’ve shared together.
30. Find the Missing Piece
This one is exclusively for the celebrating couple. Either pick some random objects (like a specific number of rings) or some of the couple’s own items and hide them around the house. The spouse to find the maximum objects first wins the game and gets a prize.
Celebrating the time you spend together as an anniversary couple is worthy and meaningful. We hope these ideas give you a chance to make your special day and your married life even more cherished.
If you’re looking for interesting ideas to make your bridal shower a success too, then check out our post on bridal shower questions.
What are your favorite wedding anniversary games? Please share your pick below!
I’m a freelance journalist/writer/content marketer with BA Hons in Journalism.
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API