A vintage lesbian wedding may just be the best idea to consider these days. Besides the whole theme being so fancy, the preparation is going to be great too. Let’s go ahead and see how to organize the perfect day and what you need to do.
You may also love: 6 Unconventional Wedding Themes For Unique Couples
Secrets to Planning the Perfect Vintage Lesbian Wedding Wedding
When we say from start to finish, we mean it! Let’s begin with some basic planning tips and work our way down to the best food for your vintage lesbian wedding reception!
Timeline and Planning
The first thing you want to do is get yourself a nice planner to write everything down. Every thought, every idea, and of course, the general plan for the day. Even if you have a wacky idea that you don’t think you’ll ever be able to pull off, write it down! You just never know when the planets will align just right to make a wild dream come true.
Really, any type of planner works, but if you want to stick with the vintage theme all the way through, my favorite is this one from Amazon. It has a lot of wonderful suggestions, as well as 140 pages to fully plan your wedding without leaving anything out! And it can be personalized with your names!
- 📓PLANNER OVERVIEW: ALLTREE undated daily planner is a tool to efficiently manage your weekly time. Spaces for scheduling, prioritization, to-do lists, appointments, meetings, and keep track of your schedule clearly with a weekly view. Set priorities and note columns for your important events on the weekly page, which help you manage your life efficiently and achieve your goals perfectly.
- 📓PERFECT LAYOUT: Great for long-term planning with 120 days. Undated daily planner can record as many important dates as you want, each day offers hourly scheduling from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Includes: daily priorities, to do list, important notes, diet habit,etc. It becomes a great time management tool for your work and study.
- 📓ENJOY ELEGANT DESIGN: Sturdy PP cover help protect the daily planner, one pocket in the back stroage your note receipts and cards, spiral binding allows turning pages smoothly and laying flat. Thicker paper resistant to bleeding, rough erasing,and shading. Portable size, 5.5″x8.5″, perfect size to fit in your bag.
The next step is to start working on the guest list. How many people are you going to invite? Who are they? Will they attend in person or are you hosting a virtual wedding? Make sure to choose a proper venue and menu, so you don’t leave anyone out.
In terms of timeline, you need to decide when the wedding will start, where it will happen, and basically organize the entire day.
There are so many amazing options for vintage wedding invitations out there that it can be challenging to choose just one. Don’t worry, I already narrowed down the list to just my top three favorites. Let’s take a look!
Vintage Romance Invitations
These ones are perfect, and you can find them on Amazon. They look as they’ve been written on real parchment paper, making them ideal for a vintage lesbian wedding.
Each set comes with an invitation, RSVP card, and envelope. The price reflects the cost of each set for a group of 100. However, they also offer sets of 25, 50, and even 250!
- This listing is for BLANK INVITATIONS. Items list: 25 Rustic Laser Cut Covers + 25 Blank Invite Cards + 25 Envelopes + 25 Seals( sold in set of 25 pcs, if want 50, choose quantity 2)
- This Rustic Wedding Invitations Can be used for Wedding, Bridal Shower, Birthday, Baptism, Quinceanera
- If you want customized invitations (we design and do printing the invitation cards for you), please choose “Customized Invitations + RSVP” Button by this Multi-choice Listing.
Vintage Movie Ticked Invitations
You definitely know from all the movies how tickets used to look like, and these Etsy invitations really keep that same atmosphere. You can order a sample invitation ahead of time to make sure they’re just right for your big day.
Check these best lesbian movies!
Telegram Wedding Invitation
I absolutely love these ones, and since you can just print them out, you don’t have to pay for every word you write! Find them on Amazon.
- size – approx 5.9 inches x 4 inches. Professionally printed personalized invitations & envelopes. Printed one side, postcard style onto very high quality satin 260 lb card.
- You can specify all of the text so any invitation / card can be adapted for any occasion.
- For our personalized items, please check your spelling and send us your details exactly as you would like them to read. We will correct any spacing according to our templates. We may be able to change fonts & colours as required and you can choose any text you like.
Vintage décor can be hard to find, but there are small things you can do. The secret is to get creative, and see how you can repurpose items.
Before buying anything, check your local vintage shops, and see what you find. Remember to also check out this décor!
Chances are that you don’t want the classic colorful confetti for your vintage wedding, so I found these ones on Amazon!
- Laser confetti 1cm in diameter, 2 ounces = 60 grams ,1200 Pieces
- Good quality for heart confetti: these red heart confetti is made from durable PVC material, very light and can be repeated to use
- Table confetti: put these red confetti to cover the tables, they will be a colorful wedding party decor
These are incredibly cute. All you need to do is place candles inside, and then find cute spots for them around the venue. They are available on Amazon too.
- Long Lasting: Each decorative light contains 3 LR44 160mah high capacity coin cell batteries, making the mini light last for over 5 days.
- Realistic Flickering: The lantern centerpiece simulates the flickering of a real candle and provides a warm white light, creating a warm and romantic atmosphere without fire hazards.
- Durable Material: The small lantern is made of eco-friendly thickened ABS material, which is stronger and extends the life of the small lantern.
Vintage Cake Server
If you want to go all-in, then remember to grab this vintage cake server from Amazon too!
- BRING BEAUTY TO A BEAUTIFUL MOMENT: With an etched filigree design and scalloped edges, this two-piece-set will bring unique elegance to weddings, anniversaries, or any celebration.
- LONG-LASTING KEEPSAKE: This high-end vintage design, will never go out of style. Made of silver plated zinc alloy, this dessert serving-set can be saved long after the big day is over. Continue using for future anniversary parties, birthdays, and special occasions.
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT: Surprise the engaged couple with these gorgeous serving-ware pieces as a pre-wedding present. It’s one less thing they’ll have to worry about purchasing for the reception!
Food and Drinks
In terms of food and drinks for a vintage wedding, you need to think about everything! Make sure to ask your guests if they have any allergies, and be prepared for that.
This white cake is super easy to make, so if you want to do everything yourself, this recipe is going to be perfect!
And for real food, you can safely start with a few cheese platters, just to get everyone in the best vintage wedding mood!
And you can also throw in some of these salmon and cucumber rolls, just to keep it fancy.
For the drinks, these pink margaritas will look fabulous in some vintage glasses!
The last thing you need to do is to have a wonderful time! A vintage lesbian wedding doesn’t just casually happen, so you need to make it memorable!
Have you ever planned a vintage lesbian wedding? Share your secrets and tips for success below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own blog.