One of the most exciting parts about planning a wedding is the picking out the perfect cake. Why not throw caution to the wind and try one of these unconventional wedding cakes below?
Unconventional Wedding Cakes to Try
Going with unconventional wedding cakes isn’t just a fabulous way to show off your unique personalities, it’s also a great money saver! When you step outside the traditional tiered cake, your possibilities are endless (which means your budget has a lot more flexibility).
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
1. A Cake For Every Table
Rather than a large cake, why not surprise guests with a small cake at their table? You can pick and choose the flavors for each cake; you can create different designs for each table depending on who’s sitting where; or you can keep it simple. The only limit with this kind of cake is your imagination!
If you’re talented in the kitchen and want to save some cash, you can even make these yourself with the help of these mini cake pans.
- HEALTHY & SAFE- TeamFar cake pan is make of high quality stainless steel, Without any other chemical material or non-stick coating, No worry about toxic coating flaking off into your food, Healthy and safe for daily use, Superior to the nonstick pan
- 4 INCH(4 PCS) - Cute size(4 inch) ideal for making small portion for 1 person, 4 pcs perfect to bake 1 - 4 mini cakes for several persons at a time, Saving your baking time, Ideal for baking various beautiful small cakes / cream brulee for any occasion, Such as Christmas / birthday / party
- DISHWASHER SAFE - Superior mirror finished help release effortlessly, Cleaning small round cake pan is a breeze, Dishwasher safe to save your time and less of hassle, Convenient to your life
- MULTI-USE - Excellently baking in oven to make cake / dessert / tart, Also pot safe for steaming eggs / small portion veggies, Retain up to 90% nutrition of the food, Fridge safe to freeze the fruits or leftovers, Serving soup / sauce / oil / dry good, Thoughtful gift for families or friends
- ONE-PIECE DESIGN - Sturdy one-piece construction for leakproof and durable use, Mirror polished design keeps round baking pan shiny, Smooth roll edges without rough spots cutting hands, Straight size conducive to shape straight cakes, Easy spread cream evenly on the cake
Either an entire display of gorgeous macarons in the shape of a cake, or a few layers underneath an equally beautiful traditional wedding cake – the choice is yours. Light, airy and downright flawless, macarons are a perfect choice for a romantic wedding day!
You can even buy them on Amazon! I recommend Leila Love if you go that route, as they’re highly rated and come in tons of beautiful colors.
- 15 Delicious French flavor explosion Macarons up to dozen variety flavors. Compared with Laduree Paris according to customer's review.s
- Each cookies wrapped individually for the maximum of freshness and enhancing flavor
- Made with the highest quality BELGIUM chocolates and Almond, most of the ingredients imported from France including our butter!
- CAUTION : Contains NUTS( Almond, Pistachios,Hazelnuts,Pecan,Walnuts) Contains dairy , NOT A CERTIFIED GLUTEN FREE PRODUCT
- INGREDIENTS ( each flavor has different ingredient) Sugar, ALMONDS, EGGS, butter (MILK), whole MILK, flavors 0.6% (sugar, water, coloring), natural rose aroma and CHOCOLATE: Sugar, cocoa beans, cream (MILK), ALMONDS, EGG white, butter, cocoa butter, natural vanilla extract,sea salt and coloring
More and more weddings are featuring cupcakes alongside a more traditional wedding cake – and why not? Cupcakes are truly little bites of heaven! You can include different flavors and styles, arranged in intricate patterns. Or just layer them up in a shape of a cake using something like this stand.
- Material: Made of strong food grade acrylic.,Beautifully displays cupcakes or other dessert. Each stand comes with a bonus tote bag for convenient and safe carrying.
- Plate Size: 6'' 8'' 10'' 12'' 14'', 4'' between each tier, 18'' tall over all. Read carefully for the measurement when you selecting a cake stand on Amazon.
- NEW Design: This is a new version 5 tier stand which added 4 acrylic rods to the base to heighten the stand from the ground. The edges of the acrylic are perfectly clear and polished. Every part of the stand has been accurately cut and finished.
- Capacity: It can hold about 55-pieces of 3'' cupcakes, this stand can also adjust to a smaller size stand as needed
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE FROM USA MERCHANT
OK, let me just say that I personally think this is the most wonderful idea in the world. Everyone loves donuts! Many bakeries offer a wide range of amazing and different donut flavors.
Rather than a cake, perhaps a beautiful pie is more up your alley. Apple pie; strawberry rhubarb; peach pie; and the list goes on. And what an amazing list it is!
Tarts are kind of like pies, except they have a crumblier crust (and only on the bottom). They also look a little more upscale than their pie cousins, making them perfect for a traditional wedding. Like pies, though, they come in countless amazing flavors.
7. Cake Pops
Mini pieces of cake, frosted beautifully and served on a stick? Delicious, and not to mention fun! How many times have you been to a wedding and noticed that most guests only take one or two bites of their piece of wedding cake? Problem solved with gorgeous cake pops!
- 🍭 EASY YUMMY CAKE POPS: Your secret weapon to baking and decorating Pinterest picture perfect cake pops. Everyone will think they are store bought.
- 🍭 NO STRESS : No more rolling cake crumbs into balls. Just use regular boxed cake mix and a few simple steps (video tutorials included) to bake perfectly round cake pops. Easy as Mix, Bake, Decorate!
- 🍭 LESS MESS: Nonstick and Dishwasher safe silicone makes cleanup a breeze. Who has time for scrubbing pans?
- 🍭 SAVE TIME & MONEY: Fire Starbucks and your expensive local bakery. No need for a pastry chef degree. BIY (Bake It Yourself) to enjoy sweet savings.
- 🍭 BOND WITH YOUR KIDS: The delicious cake pops will go fast but the memories will last a lifetime. Every busy mom needs this kit for an easy and fun way to get their kids off their devices and spend quality family time. Hurry before their summer vacation ends.
Delight the kid in all of your guests by serving up fabulous cookies instead of a traditional cake. From macadamia nut and white chocolate; to salted caramel and milk chocolate chips… well let’s just say that I would be one happy wedding guest! Add in some sugar cookies decorated in your wedding colors to pull it all together!
9. Pancake Cake
Fluffy pancakes, or daintily thin ones that are more like crepes: the choice is yours on your wedding day! Surprise your guests and tempt their palates with an original pancake wedding cake. I love the idea above for a same-sex wedding cake. It’s a fun way to incorporate the Pride flag into your day without going overboard on rainbows.
10. Sweet Rolls
Sweet- or cinnamon- rolls make a wonderful alternative to a traditional wedding cake any time of the year, but I especially love them for a winter wedding. There’s just something so wonderful about biting into a hot cinnamon bun on a cold day. Just make sure your caterer knows they need to be heated up first!
I just love the idea of giving each guest their own rich and creamy mini cheesecake, don’t you? Use different toppings and crusts for a unique display, then let guests choose their favorites to enjoy.
12. A Literal Cake Made of Cheese
There are cheesecakes, then there are CHEESE cakes! My brother actually had something like this as his own special cake (along with their traditional wedding cake), and I thought it was just so clever!
13. Rice Krispy Treats
Another clever Pinterest find, this Rice Krispy treat cake takes our favorite childhood snack to whole new levels (literally, as it’s tiered). So cool, right?
Whether you choose a traditional wedding cake or something a little more unconventional for your wedding is up to you. It’s your special day so if you feel drawn to an unconventional wedding cake, I say go for it!
What are some of the most amazing unconventional wedding cakes you’ve ever tasted?
Last update on 2022-08-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API