Looking for a few ideas on gifts for readers at weddings? While technically you don’t have to buy them anything, it’s still a nice thing to do. Don’t worry, you don’t have to go crazy with expensive presents. Below are some inexpensive yet thoughtful ideas that they’ll love.
Check out a quick peek at my favorites below, then read on for the full list.
Gifts for Readers Top Picks at a Glance
If you see the value in these products and choose to purchase via my referral links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- A Personalized Notebook
- Artisan Soap
- I Can’t Tie The Knot Without You Bracelet Bangle
- A Tumbler With a Thoughtful Message
- Tiny Succulents
Check the table below for a side-by-side comparison of our favorites!
7 Thoughtful Gifts for Readers at Wedding (2021 List)
Each of these gifts below is perfect for readers of all genders. Take a look!
1. A Personalized Notebook
A personalized notebook is a beautiful and simple gift that never goes out of style. No matter how many smartphone apps we have for note-taking, nothing will ever replace good old-fashioned handwriting. Something like this one also doubles as a journal, so they don’t have to just use it for jotting down grocery lists!
- Leather Cover Notebook: Front and back leather covers are water-resistant, easy to clean, and durable enough for the rigors of daily use. 5 x 8″ Lined pages notebooks are great for daily journal, check-listing, 2024 New Year Planner.
- MATERIAL: Our leather notebook include 100 pages paper, 70 lb. The paper is smoother than normal notebook, ensuring that each page remains resistant to ink bleed, erasing, ghosting and shading. Suited to most pen types.
- Notebook And Pen Gift Set: Gift box with Notebook and Pen Set. Custom text and design make this gift notebook special. It is a perfect gift for dad, mom, sisters, friends and yourself. A useful and unique gift you can buy for mom, dad, sister, colleague and friends.
- DESIGN YOUR OWN: Create your own notebook in seconds – Click ‘Customize Now’ to pick a design and add text or name on your notebook – Your names and date can be engraved on Notebook with a special design touch.
- GREAT GIFT IDEA: It is a unique gift for yourself or your loved ones! check to list, and doodling, or taking notes on the go. A useful and unique gift you can buy for your friend, colleague, or boss.
- FEATURES: Premium Laser Engraved 5 x 8″ 112-Lined Pages Notebooks. Vintage Look Leatherette Journal!
2. Artisan Soap
Handmade soap is one of my favorite small gifts to give and receive. I remember at my brother’s wedding, he actually used local artisan soaps as favors. They were a huge hit. If you need a recommendation, I love Kos Artisan Soap Club. While it’s a subscription club, you can get just a single box to use as a gift.
- VARIETY SET MEN’s BAR SOAP: A 5 five bar boxed set of all our favorite masculine scented soap bars. Variety pack includes Deep Sea Pumice Bar, Antiqued Sandalwood Bar, Citrus Cedar Sage Bar, Bay Rum Runner Bar, and Stone Mountain Pumice. This mens soap spa gift set is a dream come true and ready to gift!
- CLEANSES, SOFTENS, AND SOOTHES: Our handmade cold process soap produces a rich lather, is gentle on the skin, and uses organic coconut oil and organic shea butter to leave your skin feeling smooth and moisturized. Safe for all skin types. A great handmade bar soap gift set for men.
- NATURAL AND ORGANIC INGREDIENTS: Vegan – NO GMO- NO SLS – NO Phthalate – NO Parabens – NO Gluten – NO Cruelty.
3. I Can’t Tie The Knot Without You Bracelet Bangle
How cute is this bracelet? While it’s designed for bridesmaids, it’s also perfect for readers and other people who help make your big day so special. Plus, you get six of them for a really low price. Don’t worry, they have RAVE reviews, so while they are cheap moneywise, they don’t look cheap.
- ❤ HIGHEST RAW MATERIAL - Most competitors use cheap materials such as alloys or iron to make this knot love stretch bracelet. Our bracelet is made of pure copper.nickel-free, lead-free, cadmium-free.
- ❤ HIGHEST PLATING FINISHING - Most competitors use Galvanic plating,the color will fade quickly if the jewelry touch sweat or even water. we use electrophoresis for all of our jewelry. Brighter and more beautiful,no-fade!no-tarnish!
- ❤ PERFECT GIFTS FOR BRIDESMAIDS - Each of knot fashion knot bracelet comes with a pretty "I Can't Tie The Knot Without You" gift card.also great gifts for women, gifts for wife,gifts for husband,gifts for girlfriend,gifts for boyfriend.
How sweet is this tumbler? They’ll love it not just because it reminds them of your big day and thoughtfulness, but also that someone out there really thinks they’re spectacular. I know I sometimes need that reminder, don’t you?
- CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR WOMEN– “Sometimes You Forget You’re Awesome” – friendship gifts for women friends, employee, coworker, best friends, daughters, mothers, teachers, boss lady, womens christmas gift
- PUT A SMILE ON YOUR LOVED ONES- Gift them this cute purple tumbler. It can be a birthday gift for women, daughter birthday gift, mother’s Day, friendship gift for women friends, coworker birthday gifts for women or even the perfect womens gifts for christmas.
- 18/8 STAINLESS STEEL and BPA FREE: The tumbler is rust and stain proof, lightweight, portable and comes with protective packaging. The tumblers for women has a protective lid, straw and cleaning brush.
Related: Sister of the Bride Gift: 15 Beautiful Options
5. Tiny Succulents
If your reader loves to grow things but doesn’t really have the time or space for a big garden, itty-bitty succulents are the perfect gift. They’re bright, fun, and super easy to care for. Even I can keep them alive, and believe me, that’s saying A LOT.
- LIVE SUCCULENT PLANTS: Bring home a beautiful collection of mini succulents for a desert feel. Succulents are easy care houseplants, ready to liven up any space. Live succulents add a vibrant look to any living room, office, and bedroom decor aesthetic
- GORGEOUS HOME DECOR: Mini succulents are the perfect size to admire on any tabletop, desk, windowsill, shelf, or other room decor. Live succulents are beautifully potted in a grower pot with potting soil, ready to be enjoyed instantly after unboxing
- SUCCULENTS MAKE GREAT GIFTS: Succulent plants are great gifts for any occasion, including birthday, bridesmaid, wedding, baby shower, and party favors. Enjoy peace of mind that every well-packed plant is farm fresh, ready to impress with your gift message
6. Personalized Eye Mask
Another super simple yet always-appreciated little gift, these sleep masks come in 9 different colors and can be personalized with pretty much anything you want. You can even choose a color for the writing itself.
7. Gift Cards
You can almost never go wrong with a gift card. Amazon is a great choice and one that I always appreciate. If you want to make it something a bit less “mass market,” local stores and restaurants are also wonderful options, and they don’t have to be super expensive. Even a small gift card to a favorite coffee shop makes a thoughtful gift.
- Gift Card is affixed inside a reveal product
- Gift Card has no fees and no expiration date
- No returns and no refunds on Gift Cards
CHECK MORE: Bridal Shower Hostess Gifts
Wedding Readers Gift Etiquette
First, you don’t HAVE to buy a gift for the readers at your wedding. While etiquette dictates buying something for the mother of the bride/groom, the maid of honor/best man, and even the flower girl/ring bearer, it pretty much leaves readers in the dust.
Still, it’s nice to think of them when you’re handing out “thank you” gifts. Whether they chose a thoughtful poem on their own or simply eloquently read one you picked for them, they put in the time and effort to help make your day special.
Do you get gifts for readers at weddings?
As mentioned above, you don’t HAVE to buy readers a gift. However, it’s a very thoughtful gesture. It doesn’t have to be an expensive present. Just a small token of your appreciation is plenty.
What do readers do at weddings?
Depending on the type of wedding, readers are those who stand up to read a poem or scripture during your ceremony. Typically, they’re not already at the wedding party.
Who are you supposed to get gifts for at your wedding?
Etiquette dictates that everyone in your wedding party gets a thank-you gift. That includes MOH, best man, mother and father of the bride and groom, and flower/ring bearers. While readers aren’t typically on that list, it’s nice to include them as well.
Any of the gifts above would be perfect. They’re simple and affordable, yet also thoughtful. If you need help picking just one, I recommend the personalized notebook. It just feels like something you’d give a reader at your wedding, doesn’t it?
You can never go wrong with a personalized notebook!
What are your favorite gifts for readers at weddings? Please share your pick below!
Nicole is the editor-in-chief and regular staff writer for LoveYouWedding. What does that mean? Basically, she handles all the day-to-day tasks related to managing writers and bringing you stellar content on planning the LGBTQ+ wedding of your dreams.
She loves writing about quirky and unique wedding ideas, probably because she’s pretty quirky herself!
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API