Among the hundreds of small things that you have to do to make arrangements for your big day, choosing wedding reception songs definitely shouldn’t be left for the last minute. Wedding songs set the entire mood for your celebration!
More than that, though, they are also an essential part of the memories you make on one of the most important days of your life. If you need some help narrowing down millions of options to just enough to fill your reception playlist, we’ve got you covered.
Below, we curated a list of the most romantic wedding songs in just about every music genre imaginable. Let’s jump in!
Top 50 Wedding Reception Songs That MUST Be On Your Playlist
You may want pre-wedding songs or processional songs, an upbeat song playlist for the bridal party, or some slow songs to make a beautiful wedding entrance with your parents. From the entrance into the banquet wedding to the wedding reception exit – we have songs for every moment. Check out our top songs that must be added to your list:
- All of the Above– Anthony W. Carter
- Take My Hand– Emily Hackett
- We Found Love – Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
- I Choose You – Ryann Darling
- Better Today – Coffey Anderson
- To Have and to Hold – Trina Belamide
- This is how we do it – Montell Jordan
- Sugar – Maroon 5
- Shout – The Isley Brothers
- Higher Love – Kygo and Whitney Houston
- Blinding Nights – The Weeknd
- Nice for What – Drake
- Dreams– Fleetwood Mac
- Body– Loud Luxury
- Rain on Me– Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande
- 24k Magic– Bruno Mars
- Safe and Sound– Capital Cities
- Brand New– Ben Rector
- Crazy Little Things Called Love – Queen
- I want you back– Jackson 5
- Uptown Funk– Mark Ronson
- Juice– Lizzo
- Watermelon Sugar – Harry Styles
- If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
- Sexual Healing – Marvin Gaye
- Dancing in the Dark – Bruce Springsteen
- Groove is in the Heart– Deee-Lite
- Love – Kendrick Lamar
- Burning Down the House– Talking Heads
- Modern Love– David Bowie
- Love on top– Beyonce
- I wanna be your Lover – Prince
- We Found love– Rihanna ft. Calvin Harris
- I wanna Dance with Somebody – Whitney Houston
- Don’t Stop Believin’– Journey
- I Got You (I feel good) – James Brown
- Sing Sing Sing– Benny Goodman
- Outkast – MS. Jackson
- Last Night– The Strokes
- Love You Like a Song– Selena Gomez
- Sweet Caroline– Neil Diamond
- Rock this town – Stray Cats
- I Will Survive – Gloria Gaynor
- Gold Digger– Kanye West
- Drunk in Love – Beyoncé
- U can’t touch this– MC Hammer
- Candy Rain– Soul for Real
- Hungry Like the Wolf – Duran Duran
- It Must Have Been Love– Roxette
- Thinking Out Loud– Ed Sheeran
Also check: 80 Mother and Son Wedding Dance Song
10 Country Wedding Reception Songs
If it’s classic country music is more in line with your style, we’ve got you covered there, too! Take a look at our list of country wedding songs that can make an amazing moment of your day even more memorable.
- Nobody but me– Blake Shelton
- House Party– Sam Hunt
- Dibs – Kelsea Ballerini
- Love Me Like You Mean It– Kelsea Bellerini
- Body like a Back Road– Sam Hunt
- Mine– Taylor Swift
- Your Everything– Keith Urban
- Gonna Wanna Tonight– Chase Rice
- Die a Happy Man – Thomas Rhett
- It’s your love– Tim McGraw
10 Classic Rock Reception Songs
Do you enjoy classic rock songs – or have some romantic memories of touching moments associated with such songs? Don’t be afraid to put them on your wedding reception playlist!
You have every right to own your wedding ceremony by choosing classic rock tracks as your reception dance songs! Take a look at our list of songs of the classic rock genre – just for your wedding!
- Pour Some Sugar on Me– Def Leppard
- You Really Got Me– The kinks
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- Twist and Shout – The Beatles
- White Wedding– Billy Idol
- Shut up and Dance– Walk the Moon
- All the Small Things – Blink
- We will Rock You – Queen
- Sweet Home Alabama– Lynyrd Skynyrd
- You shook me – AC/DC
CHECK MORE: Bride Procession Wedding Songs
10 Unique Wedding Reception Songs
Are you and your partner the kind of couple that likes to do everything differently and stand out in the crowd? Then, why should you not do the same when it comes to songs for weddings?
Instead of going with the popular wedding reception songs that everyone has heard a hundred times, you can go for some surprising tunes.
- Sea of Love – Phil Philips
- Harvest moon– Neil Young
- Wonderwall– Ryan Adams
- Sweet Thing – Van Morrison
- The Wedding Song– Angus and Julia Stone
- Crazy Love – Van Morrison
- You Belong to Me– Patsy Cline
- Your Song– Ellie Goulding
- Crazy in Love– Oh Wonder
- Into the Music – Van Morrison
10 Funny Wedding Reception Songs
It’s understandable why many couples choose a classic wedding playlist. But if you and your partner love joking around, you can add a sense of humor to your wedding reception by choosing some funny wedding songs.
You can start on a traditional note and then move to some funny wedding songs. Check out our favorites!
- Who Lets the Dog Out – Baha Men
- Run to the Hills – Iron Maiden
- Closing Time– Semi Sonic
- Hit the Road Jack– Ray Charles
- Tainted Love– Soft Cell
- Steal My Girl– One Direction
- Hokey Pokey– Ray Anthony
- Making Whoopee– Eddie Cantor
- The End – The Doors
- Marry You– Bruno Mars
10 Best Wedding Reception Entrance Songs for Parents
Don’t forget that a wedding playlist isn’t just about the best wedding songs to dance to at your reception as a newlywed couple! You should have a song for your parents’ entrance at the wedding reception. We have a list of music that you can play for this purpose. These include classic wedding songs as well as recent popular tunes!
- All you need is Love– The Beatles
- Sunshine of my Life – Stevie Wonder
- We are Family– Sister Sledge
- Walking– Katrina and the Waves
- Love Train– The O’Jays
- Angles– Robbie Williams
- I hope you Dance– Lee Ann Womack
- It Takes Two– Rob Base
- Beautiful day– U2
- Can’t Stop the Feeling – Justin Timberlake
Frequently Asked Questions
So your wedding day is drawing near, and you are not yet sure about your wedding music. What wedding dance songs could the wedding band play during the special moment on the dance floor, as you and your spouse look into each others’ eyes?
What wedding entrance songs should you choose? Well, now you don’t need to worry anymore – because we have the answers to all your questions!
The duration of the wedding reception should not be too long. You should have a playlist of around three songs prepared. You can make a longer playlist if you’re considering the rest of the moments, from the entrance to the wedding dance.
If you want modern wedding songs or a modern dance floor favorite, you can choose popular songs like A Thousand Years (Christina Perri), At Last (Etta James), Thinking out Loud (Ed Sheeran), Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol), Make You Feel My Love (Adele), etc.
Your wedding ceremony playlist needs different songs for various touching moments besides the couple’s dance. These moments include a prelude to set the tone of the ceremony, the bridal processional entrance, father-daughter and mother-son dances, the party, and the final exit.
While you have the right to choose alternative wedding songs that you and your partner love, avoid songs that are about broken hearts and short flings. Avoid songs like Grenade (Bruno Mars), You’re So Vain (Carly Simon), You Give Love A Bad Name (Bon Jovi), etc.
Your wedding reception exit is a moment that needs a special song to close the wedding day. Some lovely wedding exit songs to leave everyone teary-eyed are: All You Need Is Love (The Beatles), I Am Yours (Andy Grammer), No One (Alicia Keys), etc.
The right song can help you make an amazing wedding entrance. For that, you can try songs like Can’t Stop The Feeling (Justin Timberlake), Crazy In Love (Beyonce), Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand), Happy (Pharrell Williams), Dancing In The Moonlight (Toploader), etc.
Walking down the aisle is an essential moment of the wedding. You need a special song that can make this touching moment of your D-day beautiful. Try songs like Canon in D (Pachelbel), Bridal Chorus (Wagner), Marry Me (Train), Wedding March (Mendelssohn), etc.
An essential part of your wedding planning should be to choose the right wedding songs – which is as important as following wedding dress trends or selecting a wedding cake.
You can’t do without a bride’s wedding processional song or wedding reception music. Don’t forget the touching mother-son dance songs and the father-daughter dance songs. So we hope that our wedding song lists will help you!
Which is your favorite wedding reception songs? Please share with us below!