Congratulations – you’re going to be a lesbian bride! But first, you may be planning a New Year lesbian bachelorette party but not really sure which direction to go in. We’ve got you covered! We’re talking about the best party themes, bachelorette party decorations, and more. We’ve even included some low-key ideas that are perfect for a lesbian bridal shower. Consider us bachelorette party experts!
Hop on the party bus – grab your bridal party for some party planning and let’s dive in!
Best New Year Lesbian Bachelorette Party Ideas
The New Year is right around the corner, so now is definitely the right time to start planning an epic bachelorette party!
Let’s go ahead and take a look at the most amazing party ideas for the new year.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
1. A Glitz and Glam Party
For a glam party, all the party supplies need to be as fancy and glittery as possible. So, go ahead and go overboard on the decorations. Think Great Gatsby/Roaring 20s style! Have everyone dress up in their “ballroom finest,” play some amazing swing music, and dance the night away until the clock strikes midnight.
2. Karaoke Party
Everybody loves karaoke, and it’s without a doubt, one of the best ideas for a bachelorette New Year’s party. Choose the perfect songs to make this night unforgettable. The best part? You can go totally casual or super dressy. Totally up to you! Plus, it’s very easy to add extra guests if things change by the time the New Year rolls around.
3. Indoor Pool Party
It may be wise to leave the outdoor activities for another time, so what would be better than an indoor pool party on one of the coldest nights of the year? You and your friends can rent a house with an indoor pool and get everything started there!
View this post on Instagram
Architectural Photography Assignment type : Residential Architecture Photography Client: Architect Manoj Champika @manojchampika . For photography inquiries : +9477 3816583 email@example.com . . . . . . . #architrcturephotography #professionalphotography #commercialphotography #residentialphotography #architecturalphotographysrilanka #srilankaarchitecturephotography #interiors #interiordesign #interiordesigner #residentialdesign #archidaily #dezeen #instainterior #moderntraditional #beautifulhomes #indoorpool #luxuryliving
4. Organize A Weekend Trip
If you and your friends are the adventurous types, it would be a great idea to rent a mountain cottage and spend the weekend there. It is the perfect backdrop for time with your friends. There is a wide variety of things to do: play games, have a glass of wine in front of the chimney, and even go skiing if you’re up for it!
Best Lesbian Bridal Shower Party Ideas
If you’re looking for something a little more low-key for your LGBTQ bridal shower, one of these ideas will work beautifully! Of course, they’re also great for a toned-down bachelorette party, too.
1. Have A Game Night
An amazing idea for a bridal shower would be a huge game-night. Play the classics like Truth or Dare, or Charades, and even bring up some of the more complicated games, such as Mysterium or Betrayal at House On The Hill!
2. Organize A Tea Party
Want a classy bachelorette party? Tea parties are the best things you can do. They are fancy, and cute and everyone will have a great time. Choose a theme you all like and start the preparations for the party!
3. Winter Wonderland Party
A winter wonderland bridal shower party involves having as many white and Christmasy elements as possible. Bring up the fanciest decor, and maybe add some white themed lights to really spark up the atmosphere.
4. DIY Perfume-Making Party
DIY beauty products are amazing, as long as you do it right, of course. You can find a lot of ideas and ingredients online, and make them all with your friends! Wouldn’t it be amazing to come up with a custom scent for the brides’ big day?
Now that we have some great ideas lined up, it’s time to start shopping for decor, favors, and more! Let’s take a peek at some ideas that are just perfect for your New Year lesbian bachelorette party!
Bachelorette party supplies are important. And you should start with the invitations so that people know when and where the part is, right? How cute are these?
1. Rose Gold Glitter Invitation
Isn’t this one just perfect for that Glitz and Glam party? Don’t let the title scare you away, they’re totally editable and you get your template right away.
- 💌 【Package include】25 x Laser cut invitations+25 x Inner Sheets (blank) +25 x Ribbons+25 x Envelopes+25 x Seals.
- 💌【Laser Cut Pocket】The Pocket is 5（W) x 7.4( H ) inches, Inner Sheets:7.1( H )x 4.72（W) inches.
- 💌【Material】This laser cut wedding Invitation Card Material is 250g glitter paper, Envelope is 120g white paper, Inner sheet is 250g shimmer paper.
- 💌【Package include】Package comes with 25 Rose Gold Glitter laser cut wedding invitations, 25 inner Sheets (default blank), 25 envelopes, 25 brugundy ribbons, 25 gold envelopes seals.
- 💌【Product Size】Rose Gold Glitter Laser cut pocket size is 5.12 x 7.1”( suitable for the Inner Sheets 5 x 7”). Our Inner Sheets:4.9 x6.9”, envelopes is 5.35 x 7.72”.
- 💌【Material】Invitation Cards Material is 250g Glitter Paper, Envelopes is 120g plain white Paper, Inner Sheets is 250g Ivroy Pearl Paper.
2. Pool Party Invitation
If you’re planning on going with that indoor pool party theme, this is a great way to go! Again, it’s completely editable. You can even “try before you buy,” thanks to the online software they use for customization.
- 【Dimension】：Each invitation measures 4 “W x 6 “L, the perfect size for kids and teens. There’s enough room for you to fill the info out.
- 【Quantity】：Includes 20 cards and 20 matching envelopes. Invite friends and families with these beautiful invitations cards and make an unforgettable party!
- 【Material】：These cards are made of high-quality heavy card stock, thick and easy to write; smudge-proof and durable.
3. Drink Champagne & Dance on the Table
Talking about a dream party, right? I absolutely love them for a Karaoke party, but they work well for any of the other “wilder” themes. Get it on Etsy. They actually personalize this one for you, no software required.
- Size/color/material: 8×12 inches (20×30 cm); as shown in the picture; made of tin/iron/metal.
- Product features: waterproof, anti-glare, easy to clean, non-fading, environmentally friendly, and recyclable. This is a high-quality retro style wall decoration (the edges of this tin logo retro decoration painting have been folded to ensure safety and stability). Creative, simple and stylish design.
- Product function: suitable for bars, cafes, restaurants, billiards rooms, hotels, clubs and many other places, creating a simple and stylish atmosphere, and can also be used as a gift for your loved one.
While you can get away with just emailing or calling your guests and skipping the invites entirely, you’ll definitely want to grab some cute party favors. So, let’s check those out next.
Usually, bachelorette parties make bride shirts for the group. But these original party favors make wonderful – and original – New Year lesbian bridal party gift ideas! Everyone on your lesbian wedding party guest list will enjoy receiving any of the options below.
1. Fairy Dust
A great favor for a New Year’s party would be these tiny bottles of fairy dust. They are perfect, as fairy dust is known to grant wishes, so maybe the new year’s resolutions will be a success! They are available on Etsy!
- 🌟 THE ORIGINAL FAIRY DUST: The Multiple Colors dust glitter powder for crafts creates a colorful, creative world belief in everyday magic and encourages self-belief. It’s non-toxic fine glitter dust
- 📜 COMPLETE FAIRY DUST KIT: Fairy Dust premium quality glitters powder comes with a “Certificate Of Authenticity” Signed by Oberon Aethelwyne, the representative of the council of elder fairies.
- 🎁 PERFECT GIFT FOR CHILDREN: Fairy Dust is a magical world that encourages laughter, dreams, and sparkle. It’s a perfect gift for children aged 4-15 and for adults who believe in the power of magic.
2. “Merci” Candles
In French “merci” means “thank you.” All this being said, the guests at your wedding party will be very happy to receive amazing candles that represent your appreciation for their presence. These cute candles are available on Etsy.
3. Shot Glasses
If you’re planning to get a little sloshed at your party, these cute shot glasses will come in super handy! Even if you’re opting for a booze-free fest, they’re still cute mementos.
- CONTAINS: 1 Bride Shot Glass + 11 Bride's Drinking Team Member Shot Glasses.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Black Print on High Quality, Clear Glass. Thick and Sturdy Bases.
- IDEAL GIFT: Perfect for a Bachelorette Party, Wedding Party, Engagement Party, Bridal Shower, Bridesmaid Proposal or as a Wedding Gift.
You can’t have a wedding party without food, can you? These are just perfect for New Year’s Eve!
1. Spinach And Feta Puffs
These spinach and feta puffs are actually quite fancy, and very easy to prepare. If you follow the recipe, you’ll have everything done in just a couple of hours!
2. Strawberry and Goat Cheese Bruschetta
The Italian appetizers never fail to impress, and this combination of strawberries and goat cheese will probably melt everyone’s hearts!
3. Cranberry Bacon Jam Crostini
Talking about delicious appetizers, you can never fail with bacon! The recipe is quite straightforward, and you may present something new to your guests!
Games for the Party Itinerary
1. Drink If
A classic drinking game with a cute bachelorette party twist! Make up your own or grab these premade cards on Etsy.
- Flannel Fling Before the Ring Drink If… Game Cards INCLUDES 24 ring-shaped cards with unique drink if… challenges, perfect for a bachelorette party.
- MUST-HAVE PARTY SUPPLY: Flannel Fling Before the Ring Drink If… game is fun for any crowd. Make sure everyone has a full drink and then let the fun begin. The drink if… dares are exciting for everyone but still tame enough for modest crowds.
- FUN GAME IDEAS: Use this Flannel Fling Before the Ring Drink If… game at an adult family gathering, a holiday weekend with friends and even at an event with coworkers. Designate a card keeper when you put someone in charge of picking cards and deciding who drinks what and when. Drink If… games are also great as an ice breaker for guests at your rustic buffalo plaid bachelorette party or bring the cards along for an all-night event.
2. Two Resolutions And A Lie
New year’s is the time when everyone starts making resolutions. This game is the special version of “Two truths and a lie,” so you and your friends need to find two real resolutions, one false one, and then start the guessing and analyzing.
This is a very simple, yet incredibly fun game. You need two teams from your wedding party for it, and then send a participant from one team to the other, in order to receive the secret word. In order to win, your team must guess the word and get as many points as possible.
What is the female version of a bachelorette party?
A bachelorette party is for women as bachelor party is for men. For the longest time, such parties were referred to as a stag night (for men) and hen party (for women).
These days, such parties are also referred to as a gathering.
What do most girls do at a bachelorette party?
There are a lot of people who opt to have their bachelorette party at a club or a bar. But if these venues aren’t fitting for your personality, you can always bring your girl friends to a spa date, a beach, or even a wine tasting class.
Whichever option you choose, make sure that it is something that you and your friends will enjoy.
What can I do instead of a bachelorette?
Instead of having a bachelorette, you can do other activities with your friends. You can take up a class for a day, especially if it’s something you have expressed interest in for a long time already.
If you like going outdoors, you can go camping with your friends or visit an amusement park.
What not to do at a bachelorette party?
When you’re attending a bachelorette party, it’s pretty simple. You just have to behave the same way you would at any party. But you have to remember that you shouldn’t get too wild or pressure the bride to do something she isn’t comfortable doing. You also shouldn’t invite extra people or get too dramatic.
This day is all about your friend as she prepares for a new chapter in her life.
Who pays for the bachelorette party?
Traditionally, the maid of honor and the bridesmaids split the bill at a bachelorette party.
After all of this, everyone should have a wonderful time! I’m hoping that these best New Year lesbian bachelorette party ideas help make your day will magnificent!
What are some of your favorite New Year lesbian bachelorette party ideas? Share below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own blog.