When I was looking for the best lesbian wedding quotes, I knew I wanted to use a unique angle, but I wasn’t sure, at first, exactly what that would be.
Then, a light bulb went off in my head and I decided that I would do a unique set of wedding quotes- song lyrics!
Sure there are lots of songs that are used at weddings, but most of them aren’t geared towards lesbian couples who are getting married.
This is really unfortunate because while the language of love is universal, many of the songs used for weddings aren’t.
So, without further ado, here are some awesome songs to play at your wedding!
How to Weave Quotes Into Your Lesbian Wedding Ceremony
But before we get into sharing some of the best lesbian wedding quotes you might want to work into your ceremony, let’s highlight a couple of ways you can integrate these quotes into your special day seamlessly:
- Include a particularly important quote on your invitations or signage – A great way to integrate a romantic quotation that really sums up your relationship is to included on your invitations (prominently or subtly) or to have it displayed at your wedding on your signage.
- Have the quote on your wedding program – Another approach is to prominently feature the romantic quote on your wedding program, something that many of your guests aren’t just going to look at during the ceremony but also something that they’ll take home with them as a keepsake.
- Weave your favorite quote into your vows – If you and your partner are writing your own vows there’s plenty of opportunity to find a way to spotlight your favorite romantic quote somewhere in your speech. Take the time not only to share the quote, but also share the depth of its meaning and importance to your relationship as well.
- Have your quotes read by a friend or family member during the ceremony – Finally, you might want to think about coming up with a handful of quotes that you want to be read and then expanded on by the speaker during your ceremony. Maybe it’s someone at your wedding party, maybe it’s someone in your family, or maybe it’s a close friend. This can be a great way to include someone important to you that might have otherwise been “left out” of the ceremony.
Romantic Lesbian Wedding Quotes
Finding a way to celebrate your love at a wedding, sharing it with all of your friends, family, and guests in a quick quote, can sometimes be a whole lot more challenging than you might think.
It’s not that there are too few romantic wedding quotes out there to pick and choose from, but that there are so many – and (if we are being honest) a lot of them feel a little less inclusive than we might like for a lesbian wedding.
To help you in your search we highlight a couple of romantic lesbian wedding quotes you might want to mix into your vows or your ceremony.The beautiful thing about these quotes is how universal they are, but how intimate and how personal they feel at the same time. These are the kinds of quotes your guests can immediately identify with you, your loved one, and maybe even themselves and the people they hold closest to them
There’s magic in these quotes:
- “I choose you. And I’ll always choose you, over, over, and over. With out a pause, with out any ounce of doubt, in a heartbeat. And I’ll keep on choosing you forever.” – Unknown
- “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “I knew from the moment I met you there was just something special about you that I knew I needed. Turns out it wasn’t anything special about you at all. It was always just you.” – Jamie Clayton
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “You must be the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and the most beautiful person I’ve ever known—and believe me, that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Best Lesbian Wedding Quotes Inspired by Songs
Use these lesbian wedding quotes inspired by songs to make the ultimate reception playlist, or just choose your favorite lines to add to your speech and/or wedding decor.
Heads up: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
1. Kiss That Counted by Catie Curtis
Catie Curtis is a folk rock music singer and songwriter. Kiss That Counted is from her 2001 album- My Shirt Looks Good on You.
In 2002, Catie won the Boston Music Award for Song of the Year on an Indie Label for the song. Catie is the mother of 2 daughters- Lucy and MJ, with her ex-wife Liz Marshall.
Best lyrics- “Yours was the kiss that counted, the one that mattered. My life before me undone. This would be the kiss that counted.” Check out more lines from the song at Genius.com lyrics!
2. Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion
This is a gender neutral song. I am almost 100% sure that you’ve heard of Celine Dion, but in case you haven’t, she is a pop music singer who has won 252 awards, so far, for her outstanding music.
Best lyrics- “You gave me faith ’cause you believed. I’m everything I am because you loved me.” Check out the video below for complete lyrics.
3. Perfect by Doria Roberts
Doria Roberts is a folk, jazz and pop music singer. Perfect is from her 1999 album- Restoration. Doria, along with her wife of 10 years- Calavino Donati- own the Urban Cannibals Restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. (I really like this song. It is memorable, romantic and playful).
Best lyrics- “The way you look at me when everything is perfect. A perfect memory of when things are so good. And everything has worked out just the way we knew it would.”
Find all the lyrics on Genius.com lyrics.
4. Power of Two by Indigo Girls
Indigo Girls are a folk rock music duo featuring- Amy Ray and Emily Saliers. Power of Two is from their 1994 album- Swamp Ophelia.
Amy Ray resides with her wife- Carrie Schrader and their daughter- Ozilline. Emily Saliers resides with her wife- Tristin Chipman and their daughter- Cleo.
Have you heard of Indigo Girls before? If you haven’t, go listen to this song! It is a great starter song for new Indigo Girls fans.
Between their powerful voices and the beautiful song of acoustic guitars, this song shows us that true love can prevail through the good times and the bad times too.
Best lyrics- “Adding up the total of a love that’s true. Multiply life by the power of two.” Check out the video below for complete lyrics.
5. She by Jen Foster
Jen Foster is a singer whose music incorporates elements from an array of genres, including country, dance, folk, pop, R&B and rock.
She is also a musician, performer, record label owner, record producer and songwriter.
The song- She- is from her 2003 album- Everybody’s Girl. The song has gained her recognition at the 2001 Great American Song Contest, where she won the Hall of Fame in the pop music category.
In my honest opinion, Jen Foster has one of the most beautiful and unique voices around.
Best lyrics- “Cause I have found someone that I think is beautiful, And I have fallen in love.”
6. I Kissed a Girl by Jill Sobule
No, this isn’t the same song by Katy Perry! Jill Sobule is a singer and songwriter whose music features folk rock and indie rock.
I Kissed a Girl is from her 1995 album- Jill Sobule. The song reached #20 on the Modern Rock Tracks Chart.
I had never heard this song before, so I went and had a listen. To say I was impressed is an understatement. The song features a playful tone with an empowering subject matter.
Best lyrics- “I kissed a girl, won’t change the world. But I’m so glad I kissed a girl.” Check out the rest of the lyrics on Genius.com.
7. Constant Craving by k.d. lang
Kathryn Dawn Lang, better known as k.d. lang, is a country and pop music singer and songwriter. Constant Craving is from her 1992 album- Ingenue.
Constant Craving has won her 2 awards- the 1993 Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance and the 1993 MTV Video Music Award for Best Female Video.
I’m pretty sure that no matter how old you are, you’ve probably heard this song a time or two, haven’t you? I think the song is a sweet serenade, magnetic song that pulls you in right from the very first words.
Best Lyrics- “Maybe a great magnet pulls all souls to what’s true.” Check out the video below for complete lyrics!.
8. She Keeps Me Warm by Mary Lambert
Mary Lambert is a pop music singer. She Keeps Me Warm is from her 2013 album- Welcome to the Age of My Body.
You may have heard this song before, but do you know how it came about? Mary was the featured artist on the 2012 song- Same Love- by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
Following the release of Same Love, Mary used the chorus to create She Keeps Me Warm.
She has stated that She Keeps Me warm comes from her personal experiences of growing up, as a lesbian, in a Christian household.
Best Lyrics- “She says I smell like safety and home. I named both of her eyes- Forever and Please Don’t Go.”
9. Come to My Window by Melissa Etheridge
Melissa Etheridge is a rock music singer and songwriter. Come to My Window is from her 1993 album- Yes I Am.
The song was the first single that she released after coming out, publicly, as a lesbian. Come to My Window earned Melissa the 1995 Grammy Award for Best Female Rock Vocal Performance.
Melissa is the mother of 3 children- Bailey, with her former long-term partner- Julie Cypher, as well as Johnnie and Miller, with her ex-wife- Tammy Lynn Michaels.
So, beside the fact that Come to My Window is one of the best love songs, Melissa Etheridge is truly an inspiring woman.
She is a very passionate gay and lesbian rights activist. In fact, The Advocate– a LGBT-interest magazine, named her the 1995 Person of the Year.
Best Lyrics- “I don’t care what they think. I don’t care what they say. What do they know about this love, anyway.”
10. From This Moment by Shania Twain
Warning- this may get a bit lengthy because as a huge, long-time fan of county music, Shania Twain is my all-time favorite!
Like Because You Loved Me, this is a gender neutral song). Shania Twain is a country and pop music singer and songwriter.
From This Moment is from her 1997 album- Come on Over. She is the best-selling female artist in country music history, with more than 100 million records sold.
In addition, she has won 188 awards since 1993, including 13 Juno Awards, 8 Billboard Music Awards, 6 American Music Awards and 5 Grammy Awards.
Okay, I think I am done with my Shania Twain praises now. Anyways, From This Moment is one of the most beautiful and touching love songs of all time, in my opinion.
Best lyrics- “From this moment life has begun. From this moment you are the one. Right beside you is where I belong.”
I hope you enjoyed my unique spin on the best lesbian wedding quotes! Any of these song lyrics would make an excellent addition to your speech!
Do you have any favorite lesbian wedding quotes? Share below!
Deanna has a knack for finding unique vacation destinations. She regularly puts her research skills into action to find the most amazing LGBTQ-friendly honeymoon ideas.