Portable arches are a great choice for your wedding – practical, convenient, and beautiful. They’re also often far more cost-effective than their heavier counterparts, such as birch arches. That’s what makes them so special, and an increasingly popular choice for many couples. Let’s take a quick dive into them and learn what options you have when it comes to buying, renting, or even making your own.
How to Buy or DIY Marvelous Portable Arches for Your Wedding (A Complete Guide)
Let’s start by going over exactly what makes an arch portable! Then, we’ll dig into some great places to buy one already made or DIY your own with basic materials. While you can leave your arch bare for a stunning minimalist effect, we’ll also talk decoration tips for those who want something a little fancier. Let’s get going, shall we?
Note: We do include affiliate links in this article. This means, if you use one of our links to buy something, we will earn a small commission. This comes at no extra cost to you.
What are portable arches?
Portable arches are exactly what they sound like- arches which can be easily moved. This means that they are either super easy to dismantle or are made with lightweight material- or both- so they can be carried away quickly and seamlessly. Some even fold down for easy storage.
If you love the idea and look of a
Buying a portable
The easiest, but perhaps not the most cost-effective is to buy the arch out-right. You can find these pretty easily on sites like Etsy and Amazon. Here are some of our favorites.
This super lightweight
They also claim that this arch is easy to assemble, again adding to its portability.
- [Assemble Freely]:You can easily assemble a wide arch(7.5 Feet Wide x 6.4 Feet High) or a high arch(4.6 Feet Wide x 7.9 Feet High) as you need.
- [Lightweight & Easy to Assemble]:Pre-cut and pre-drilled holes;Instructions including illustration is provided.
- [Good material]:Constructed of metal tubing and coated in weather-resistant epoxy
- [Great For Events]:Such As Weddings, Quinceaneras, or Sweet 16 Birthday Parties
- [Add beaty and elegance]:This wedding arch can be decorated with flowers,tulle,balloons,foliage, lights or something else.Make that entrance to your garden or walkway stand out.
Another great lightweight
Wedding Arch Stand with Bases
While this one is fairly basic (okay, very basic), it’ll look much better with a little decor. I’m including it because it’s definitely portable and it’s a great choice for those who don’t have a big budget.
- [Easy Assembly & Disassembly]:Snap-in type,easy installation by snap locking the two ends together.No tools are required.You can finish it in a minute.
- [Proper size]:6.6 x 3.3 Feet(HxW).It's reusable.
- [With Bases]:The wedding arch with bases can stand easily.
- [Great for Event]:Create an unforgettable scene for homecoming prom,formal celebration,weddings,graduation,birthday party,festival, fundraiser, or special corporate event.
- [Add beaty and elegance]:Accentuate the beauty of your backyard with your very own elegant garden feature and create a truly stunning look.
Renting a portable arch
If you don’t want to buy one outright, you can also find portable arches for rent in your area. Your best bet is to call around to party rental places. If they don’t have what you’re looking for, ask your florist for recommendations. Ensure that you clarify that you need it to be portable/easily moved. This will allow you to use it many different locations, for many different reasons.
Etsy also has
DIYing a portable
If you want to build your very own portable arch, you will need to find the best materials for the job. This means selecting lightweight woods – like fir – or light metals such as copper or aluminium. The latter is likely the best option, as it is more reliable when moving around. Check out a few videos that I found super helpful!
This one uses copper, but you can also use aluminum if you prefer:
Another copper arch that costs under $40 to make and uses no tools:
Here’s an easy triangle
This last one is so neat! It uses surrounding nature as the frame for your arch, so all you need is some fabric, wooden hoops, and flowers.
Decorating your portable arch
The one drawback to most portable arches is that they can’t really hold a lot of weight. So, you’ll have to keep that in mind as you decorate.
The best option when it comes to portable wedding arches is faux flowers. This allows you to move the arch around, with no issues or fallouts. Just remember to secure the flowers on securely with either glue or wrap around fabric, just to ensure.
Real flowers will likely fall off when knocked or handles too vigorously. Depending on your wedding style, the type of faux flowers you choose can easily be found online. I love these pretty roses, don’t you?
- Material:Flowers vines are made of silk fabric with plastic stem,easy to to be molded,bent cut as needed.
- Details: Each garland holds 198 leaves and 33 flowers onside.
- Package includes 2 pack artificial rose vine, each garland is 7.55ft(230cm/90.56inch)in length.
- Application:The artificial rose flower vines are an easy and economical choice for festivals,party backdrop,centerpiece, and backdrop, wedding arches,centerpiece decor.
- Usage:Decoration for show windows, shop, restaurant,home,hotel,office, garden,flower basket,stairway, fences or other DIY flower arrangement projects.
If you have your heart set on real flowers, FiftyFlowers has these neat DIY bloom kits for weddings. Many of them are light enough for a portable arch, as long as you don’t go too overboard.
The pack features a variety of delicate, soft-textured focal flowers, including petal-heavy ranunculus, frilly scabiosas, and bold anemones. You may pick the colors for each of the flowers as well, which makes it easy to create an entirely unique garden-inspired look. Use this pack alone for a simpler look, or add in choice colors of hydrangeas and silver dollar eucalyptus greenery.
Lastly, you will need some greenery to add to your
Again, these are all super lightweight and will make everything look more put together, without making the arch any less portable.
- Package includes: 4 pieces artificial hanging string of pearls plant.
- Each string is 23-5/8inch (60cm) long. Each string has 5 branches, the length of different branches is different.
- PVC succulents are made from harmless PVC. It is normal that the artificial succulents may smell, so please place them in a ventilated environment for some time.
- How to bring plant colors indoors? These artificial hanging string of pearls plants are the choice you can't miss! They are lush and require no maintenance, and they can maintain a bright green shape for a long time. Regardless of the watering time and whether it can be exposed, these artificial plants are very suitable for busy lives.
- Hang at the door of your home or place it in your shop, space them apart to solve the lack of green caused by no plants in your space. Green succulents can bring people a comfortable feeling of relaxation, and the natural shape can be used to decorate your life without conflict.
Beautiful flowing gauzy material looks beautiful on its own or with flowers, so definitely consider including it in your arch design. You can find it in pretty much any color. The one pictured here, for example, comes in 7 combos, including plain white, blush and white, blue and white, and more. The picture shows Blush+ Dusty Rose + Mauve.
- 100% Polyester. These drapery fabric panels are made of a unique fabric that has a sightly shimmer, they are silky soft and more graceful than tulle or nylon fabrics. And the most important is that these are wrinkle free!
- Package: pack of 3 panels, each panel is 30" wide 6 yards long.
- Reference: The chuppah in the images are 6.5 ft wide by 6.5 ft tall. This paired drapery set is quite easy to create that beautifual look.
- The sheer draping fabric will help to create a great eye catching detail in your wedding decor.
- NOTE: Machine-washable separately in cold with gentle cycle. Do not twist. Hanging dry.
We found the video below super helpful when it came to decorating a
We hope this guide helps you with your
What are some of your favorite ideas for portable arches? Share below!
Last update on 2020-11-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API