It’s almost a tradition to get our to-be friends various kitchen wedding gifts when they’re starting their new life. Weddings are a symbol of a new life, new beginnings, and new adventures. What better way to symbolize this than with a state of the art microwave or blender? Just kidding. I mean, a toaster doesn’t exactly scream “new beginning!” so much as “toasty bread!” but it definitely makes life easier, right?
Something less talked about – weddings can burn quite the hole in pockets. So much so, that gifting appliances is one of the most useful things you can do for your friends and family. Basically, buy them something useful, rather than sentimental. It’ll save them money in the long-run. Plus, they’ll think of you every time they blend that smoothie or butter that perfectly toasty toast!
So, what are some of the best kitchen gifts for weddings? I’ve listed some of my favorites down below (ones that the newlyweds will actually love to use).
How to choose the perfect kitchen wedding gifts
Before I dive into my options, here are a few little pointers on how to choose a gift that your loved ones will genuinely be excited to use.
- Stick to functional– It’s tempting to get our loved ones something unique and sentimental. While this is a lovely idea, it’s always nice to give your loved ones a functional gift, too. You can always add in a second smaller gift if your heart is set on something more personal.
- Keep it simple– If you’re really not sure, just go for a simple gift. Sure, hipster items might be the “trend” now, but will they be that way in ten years? Choose timeless gifts. Likewise, when it comes to appliances unless you know the couple wants that super cute purple coffee maker, stick with the basic colors.
- Follow a registry – If the couple created a registry, please stick to it. Again, if you want to give them something a little more novel or personal, consider a second gift.
Without further ado, let’s look at some great gifts.
P.S the links below are affiliate links, which means that we get a small commission if you use link to buy an item. This comes at no extra cost to you, and all the items listed are genuine products that we love.
10 Outstanding Kitchen Wedding Gifts
From traditional kitchen wedding gifts to a few more unique ideas (but still totally functional), I tried to come up with a good mix of gadgets, gizmos, and gear that your favorite couple will actually use. Check out the table below for a quick peek at our top 6 favorites overall!
One of these mixers is the ultimate wedding present. You literally don’t realize how much this little kitchen gadget will come in handy. The lucky couple will be using this for years to come.
If the newlyweds are serious bakers of bread and other yummy treats, this is really just necessary. Especially considering you can swap the blades, to suit whatever you’re deciding to bake that day. Who knew a mixer could be so exciting?
The one pictured here actually comes in a myriad of colors, including plain black and silver. The teal just caught my eye. It’s highly rated among users, and a little more budget-friendly than a Kitchenaid. Okay, make that a lot more affordable!
- Powerful Motor and Variable Speed Control - 660W high performance pure copper motor and sturdy ABS housing; 6 optimized speeds with pulse function, access to multipurpose and a variety of recipes. More powerful motor but lower operation noise ≤76dB.
- 6.5Qt Large Capacity Bowl With Handles - 6.5QT Stainless steel bowl can meet all your kitchen needs. The Stand Mixer is easy to use for making cakes, breads, cookies, pastry, muffins and waffle, and the dual handles are more convenient to hold.
- Tilt Head and Outside Design - The tilt-head design mixer allows access to install or uninstall bowl and accessories easily. The mixer has a stainless steel decoration belt and blue LED light as power indicator. Definitely one of the best appliance in your kitchen.
You probably already know about the benefits of a slow cooker. They’ve been a must-have in kitchens for decades now. Slow cookers allow you to easily prepare delicious meals, that would otherwise take hours. They are effortless, yet produce amazing results.
While there are countless brands, I love the good old Crock-Pot! It’s a classic for a reason.
- Spacious 7 quart manual slow cooker serves 9 plus people or fits a 7 pounds; Roast
- Set cooking time to high and get a hot meal in no time or set it on low and tonight’s dinner can cook while you’re at work. Auto cut off: Yes it goes to warm
- Keep food at an ideal serving temperature for as long as you need to with the convenient warm setting
3. Food processor
Food processors come in really handy and help make some of the most delicious meals. Think pesto sauce, guacamole, and hummus. All with total ease, too.
This is one of the best gadgets to have on your counter – that will be sure to save people money in the long run. Food processors last such a long time, too. It’ll likely be decades before they will have to replace it.
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: Cuisinart’s 720-watt motor for our 14-cup large-capacity food processor can handle almost anything. Make any kind of dip, puree soup or sauce including hummus, salsa, guacamole - the possibilities are endless
- MUST HAVE FEATURES: The 14-cup food processor has an on and off/pulse buttons with a Lexan bowl, extra large feed tube with small and large pusher bowl sleeve assembly. Also a detachable disc stem for easy use and clean up. Cord length is 36-inches
- INCLUDED: Stainless steel standard slicing disc (4mm), medium shredding disc and stainless steel chopping/mixing blade. Also includes a spatula, instruction manual and recipe booklet with dishwasher-safe parts
4. Coffee maker
If you know the couple loves coffee, or need a cup of Joe to get them through the morning – this will be the best gift.
There are tons of coffee makers on the market – some which require pods, others require ground coffee – it’s up to you to pick the best one. I do think every household needs one “standard” coffee maker, though. They’re especially useful for when their fancy pod one inevitably breaks down, or for making coffee for a crowd.
The one above has brew-strength control that allows you to select regular or bold coffee flavor.
- Enjoy Hotter Coffee: Utilize expert coffee-making technology to ensure your coffee temperature is perfect, delivering a delightful taste experience without compromising flavor or quality.
- Brew Strength Control: Tailor your coffee flavor to perfection by choosing between regular or bold settings, catering to your unique taste preferences with every brew.
- Fully Automatic Coffee Brewer: Experience convenience with 24-hour programmability, offering flexibility with 1-4 cup settings, auto-off functionality (0-4 hours), and an optional ready alert tone for added convenience.
This might seem like a strange buy, but ask anybody who has one and they’ll tell you that they use it basically every day. You can literally use this for almost any kind of meal. Waffles? Yes. Chicken? Yes. Vegetables? Yes.
They’ll save so much space and energy with this useful appliance. This is especially a fab gift if you know the newlyweds have limited space in their current home. I love this one by Black and Decker because it’s energy-efficient and doubles as a small convection oven.
- Extra-Deep Interior: Forget about heating up the large oven. This countertop oven is designed to fit 12” pizzas, and things like casserole dishes, whole chickens, and more.
- Dual Position Rack: Place food right under the broiler or make room for large items. High and low oven rack positions provide the versatility to have great results on all foods.
- 120-Minute Timer: The digital timer ensures accurate results. Set it for short jobs like toasting and broiling, or longer for baking. The oven turns off when the timer runs out.
Having a blender on a countertop is a great motivator to be a little bit healthier. That alone makes this one of the best kitchen wedding gifts! You can easily whip up a smoothie and add a little bit of nutrition to your day.
Alternatively, these blenders can be used to create delicious milkshakes and other sweet treats. As well as sauces and salad dressings. They are pretty essential in the kitchen, overall!
While you can find a blender to fit pretty much every budget, I personally love the Ninja Mega Kitchen System. It’s pricey, yes, but it’s a blender/pitcher/chopper/processor all in one.
- POWERFUL CRUSHING: The 72-oz. Total Crushing Pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies with a powerful 2-plus horsepower motor. (64-oz. max liquid capacity).
- FOOD PROCESSING: 8-cup food processor bowl provides perfect, even chopping and makes up to 2 pounds of dough in just 30 seconds.
- 4 VERSATILE FUNCTIONS: All 4 functions – Blend, Mix, Crush and Single-Serve – utilize 1500 watts of performance power to truly customize your drink-making experience.
7. Food Dehydrator
I actually just bought this very same food dehydrator, and let me tell you, it’s awesome! You can make everything from jerky to dried fruit. We even make dog treats in ours! This is definitely one of those kitchen appliances that no one thinks to add to their registry.
- REAR MOUNT FAN FOR SUPPER HEAT DISTRIBUTION – DRIES FOOD EVENLY The electric dehydration machine is equipped with a rear-mounted drying fan and air flow circulation technology to promote even drying, there is no need to rotate the shelves as needed by other brands, monitor the dryer process easily with the transparent door window
- DIGITAL THERMOSTAT AND TIMER- AUTOMATIC SHUT OFF WHEN TIMER DONE - KEEP WARM FUNCTION An adjustable temperature and timer ensure you to have your delicious dehydrated food done to perfect at optimal temperature and exact timing, the Countdown timer will show you when it will be done, once done it will automatic shut off if you like to keep it hot till you you can press the KEEP WARM button at any time in the drying process and the unit will keep your food warm for another 24 hours
- SPECIOSE ADJUSTABLE STAINLESS STEEL TRAYS – INCLUDED FRUIT ROLL TRAYS Use the trays for regular food and the mesh trays for smaller food as nuts and herbs, for fruit roll ups use the fruit leather sheet which can also be used for drip trays!, you can do a lot in one batch with the Magic Mill dehydration machine, the dehydrator comes with 7 adjustable trays each tray is 13" X 12"
Ooh, I’m actually adding this to my own wish list right now! It’s a 5-in-1 griddle that lets them basically grill right in their kitchen, plus make amazing paninis, pancakes, and more, thanks to the different inserts.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE: Cuisinart’s 5-1 griddler is a contact grill, panini press, full grill, full griddle and half grill/half griddle
- EASY TO USE: The griddler plates (11-inch x 9-inch) are removable, reversible and are dishwasher safe nonstick cooking plates, the plates also act as a drain for the grease for cooking more healthy. The integrated drip tray collects grease and is easy to store
- ALSO INCLUDED: Red/green indicator lights for easy operation, dishwasher-safe scraping tool for easy clean up and an instruction manual with gourmet recipes for you to enjoy
9. Soda Stream
Soda Streams make great unique kitchen wedding gifts that are still super useful. They don’t just make sodas! My friend uses his just to create plain old fizzy water- SO much cheaper than buying seltzer in the store.
The possibilities are pretty endless, really, making this a fantastic gift that they probably didn’t even know they wanted!
- Make fresh sparkling water at the push of a button
- Includes: Sparkling Water Maker, 60L CO2 cylinder, and 1 Liter BPA-free reusable carbonating bottle
- Energy efficient, powered by CO2 cylinder. Each cylinder carbonates up to 60 liters of water
10. Air Fryer
Last, but far from least, an air fryer makes one of the absolute best kitchen wedding gifts. First, it’ll help the couple stay healthy because they can make their favorite fried foods without all the fat. Second, it’s actually super fantastic for reheating leftovers like crispy chicken, fritters, and other things that turn soggy in the microwave.
Who wouldn’t love these great kitchen wedding gifts? I know I’d be thrilled to receive any of them! I actually use quite a few every single day (especially the coffee maker).
What are some of your favorite kitchen wedding gifts to buy? Share below!
I’m a freelance journalist/writer/content marketer with BA Hons in Journalism.