Updated in August 2021
Looking for the best wedding gift baskets for bridal showers that can be shipped both domestically AND internationally?
Sometimes it can be hard to decide what to buy for a bridal shower gift and that’s when bridal shower baskets come into play.
When you’re living in a different country as the bride, it can be hard to find good gift baskets that you can send without paying half your monthly salary on shipping!
I have rounded up some of the best gift baskets that you can ship to pretty much anywhere for a reasonable fee.
No matter what your budget is, you’re sure to find the perfect wedding gift basket for a bridal shower!
In a hurry and need something right away? Check our top recommendations below.
Wedding Gift Baskets for Bridal Showers at a Glance
If you see the value in these great gifts and choose to purchase via my referral links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Decadent Delights
- A Night of Champagne
- Love in the Dark
- Spoiled by Chocolate
- Coffee Time
Check the table below for a side-by-side comparison of our favorites!
Related: ENGAGEMENT GIFT BASKETS IDEAS FOR LGBT COUPLE
12 Wedding Gift Baskets for Bridal Showers
Just a few quick notes about these wedding gift baskets that ship internationally:
- Most of these gift baskets below are from GiftBasketsOverseas. We chose them because they deliver to so many countries quickly and for a reasonable price.
- Prices listed are current at the time we wrote this, and they are for delivery to the US from the US. That said, as the name implies, they do ship overseas. Fees may vary depending on where you’re shipping to and from.
- When it comes to shipping food and alcohol, every country has a different policy. Even within the states, some states have different laws than others. You’ll know before you check out if there’s a problem, though, because you won’t be able to check out.
When it comes to the best bridal shower gift basket ideas, you can almost never go wrong with champagne! It is, after all, THE celebration drink! So, let’s start with a few of my favorites that include a bottle of bubble, shall we?
1. Chocolate and Bubbles
Champagne along with a sweet treat is what this gift basket is all about. It comes with a bottle of Claribel Vintage Estates Bright and Beautiful Rose and a 36-Piece Godiva chocolate box.
You can also upgrade it to include a pretty silver gift tag. It’s the perfect gift idea for the couple to take along on their honeymoon!
- Chocolate Candy Bar Maker & Bubble Gum Chewing Gum Food Maker School Games FREE is great for kids of all ages!
- If you love Chocolate Bars, Candy Bars, Bubble Gum, School Lunch Food, Cooking Games, & Ice Cream Food Maker Games free, then you will love this brand new Food Maker game for kids!!
- Select from a variety of Chocolate bars including milk chocolate, dark chocolate, crispy chocolate bar, M&M bar, Semi Sweet chocolate bar, Special Bunny Chocolate bar and more!
2. A Toast From Friends
What’s better than champagne and delicious goodies? Well, not a whole lot! This gift basket comes with TWO bottles of champagne- a bottle each of Blakemore Cabernet Sauvignon and Blakemore Cellars Chardonnay- along with gourmet treats. It’s also a great gift to give the groom at his bachelor party, FYI.
One little note, though: sometimes the basket itself changes depending on what’s in stock. So the picture on the website might look different than the one here. Actually, that’s true for pretty much all of the gift baskets.
Who doesn’t love chocolate, especially when it’s of the gourmet variety? These baskets are perfect for chocoholic brides-to-be! Like the baskets above, they’re also perfect for taking on the honeymoon. In fact, if your budget allows, I’d actually buy one of the champagne baskets and one of these for the ultimate honeymoon gift.
3. Gourmet Classic Gift Basket & Chocolate
Chocolate lovers, rejoice! This tasty basket comes with an amazing selection of delicious favorites, and I do mean amazing. You get; cookies, candies, kettle popcorn, tea, smoked almonds, creamy cheese dip, Ghirardelli chocolates, Lindor white chocolates, butter toffee caramels, and more. It’s literally overflowing with goodness!
By the way, if you prefer a different style, there’s a dropdown menu on this listing on Etsy with 10 other options, including one with sugar-free goodies. Not all of them are chocolate, though, so pay attention.
- GOURMET SPANISH GIFT BOX – This Gourmet Gift Basket Includes The Highest Quality Ingredients From Spain Made be Their Finest Producers, Cheesemakers, Craftsmen, and Artisans.
- SPANISH LUXURY BOX – Losada’s rare and delicious Spanish Olives, paired with three of Spain’s finest and most refined cheeses, Spanish meat delicacies such as Serrano Ham and Palacios’s savory Chorizo, and paired with specialty sweets such as Carmalized Walnuts by Mitica, and a gourmet Artisan Spanish Chocolate Bar.
- A FOOD CONNOISSEUR’S GUIDE TO SPANISH CUISINE – This box was assembled and curated by Spain’s utmost and elite food critics and connoisseurs ensuring an authentic Spanish Cuisine experience.
4. Spoiled by Chocolate
I don’t know about you, but I certainly love being spoiled by chocolate. This gift basket is a chocolate lovers dream, featuring a dark chocolate caramel bar, milk chocolate covered cherries, milk chocolate sea salt caramels and other smaller items. It also includes a greeting card so you can add your wishes for the happy couple.
COFFEE & TEA
As much as I love chocolate, I love coffee (and, to a slightly lesser degree, tea) even more! So for me, the perfect bridal shower gift basket would be anything that includes them, like these!
5. Coffee Time
There is really nothing that perks you up in the morning like a good cup of coffee. This gift basket comes complete with assorted gourmet coffees. Also includes tasty snacks, like cookies and brittle. It even comes with two coffee mugs! I really love the rustic style!
6. Still Time for Tea
This here is the ultimate great gift idea for all the tea lovers out there! Still Time for Tea comes complete with assorted tea bags, biscuits, and other tasty treats. It even comes with a cute tea pot and spoon rest!
I don’t know about you, but I personally LOVE the whole British vibe. No one knows tea better than the English, after all.
A fruit basket makes a wonderfully tasty yet practical gift, especially for stressed-out brides who may forget to eat on the big day. I know I did! Thankfully, my bridesmaids knew that would, so they bought me a healthy fruit basket filled with “clean” fruits (in other words, they weren’t drippy and messy).
7. Fruit Profusion Gift Basket
Here’s one that’s overflowing with delicious and ripe fruits! From apples to pears to delightful oranges, your recipient only gets fruit that’s in season (so selection varies). Plus, it includes complementing gourmet goodies, like crackers and Caramel sauce.
8. Organic Fruit Basket
If your couple-to-be prefers only eating organic foods, then this one is for them! It comes with D’Anjou Pears, Braeburn Apple, Navel Oranges, tart Kiwis, Mango and much more, all grown without any pesticides.
When you’re buying a fruit basket, pay attention to the delivery date. That goes for anything perishable, really. You don’t want it getting delivered to, say, the bride’s office on a Saturday when she won’t be there to get it.
- Tart kiwi, juicy mango and sunny Navel oranges.
- Two varieties of crisp apples, and creamy pears.
- Great for family, friends, and corporate gifting.
Every bride deserves an extra bit of luxury before her wedding day, and these gourmet baskets definitely deliver (pun intended). Along with all of the tasty treats, I love them because the baskets themselves are really nice. They’re totally reusable!
9. Mountain of Favorites
Mountain of Favorites has to be one of the coolest names for a gift basket, don’t you think? This gift basket features sea salt and olive oil crackers, smoked salmon, whole olives and more. Comes with just about anything a couple would need for a romantic picnic! Throw in a bottle of really good wine and it’s the perfect gift.
10. Rustic Gourmet
I just love all things rustic, as I’m sure lots of people do as well! This gift basket features chocolates with mint filling, cocoa and coconut macaroons, vanilla truffles and more. The rustic basket itself is perfect for the couple to reuse as a catchall home decor basket in their new house together.
Wine is one thing couples forget to ask for on their registry, but always appreciate! When my sister got married, one of her friends gave her a bottle that she wasn’t allowed to open until her first anniversary. I thought that was pretty awesome, because it gave her and her new wife something to look forward to.
11. For the Soul
If you need an affordable gift basket to send overseas, I suggest this one.
Related: Marriage Survival Kit
It’s under $100 and fairly simple, but it’s perfect for a relaxing night together. They’ll get an Innocent Bystander Central Otago Pinot Noir bottle of wine, and a delightful Rewined Signature Wine Bottled Candle. It’s a perfect pair, just like the couple!
If this gift basket is a little too simple, you could also add it to your own DIY basket filled with other goodies. Maybe a spa gift card for a massage before her big day.
12. Christmas Celebration Wine Basket
Don’t let the name scare you away, there’s really no reason why you can’t send this any time of the year! It’s practically bursting with amazing goodies, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Chardonnay from Houdini Napa Valley, plus yummy treats like Milk Chocolate Truffles, Mixed Olives, Crackers with Rosemary, Cheese Wedges with Garlic & Herb, and more. It’s one of my all-time favorite themed gift basket ideas!
GiftBasketsOverseas has a TON of different baskets that would make perfect bridal shower gifts. These happen to be our favorites! If any of them are out of stock, check the “you may also like” recommendations. They’re usually very similar.
What to Put In a Bridal Shower Gift Basket
Of course, you don’t have to shop from a gift basket delivery store like this if you’re actually attending the shower in person. You could very easily make your own gift basket! Some ideas of things to add include:
- A “spa day at home” gift basket with slippers, a plush robe, fluffy bath towels, bath salts, body wash, and handmade soap.
- A “new home” gift basket filled with kitchen essentials, like a spatula set, apron, pizza cutter, and other little tools that no one ever thinks to put on their registry.
- A “welcome to married life” basket for newlyweds, filled with marriage advice from family and friends, date night ideas, and maybe a few funny items that describe what being married is like.
- A basket with hiking or camping supplies is likely to be appreciated by the outdoorsy pair. Items like a tent, sleeping bags, hiking boots, and more are acceptable.
- A gift basket full of amenities will always be very appreciated by newlyweds. You can stuff such a basket with things like fragrant candles, lotions, bath salts, and other toiletry items.
- For tech-loving couples, you can stuff a basket full of things that will get their geeky brains buzzing with excitement. You can place in it a number of gadgets they will like, such as VR goggles, new flash drives with massive storage, the new RAM they’ve always wanted, advanced health-related wearables (like temperature monitoring rings or pulse-measuring bands), programming toys, a new 5G MiFi, or, a new gaming console. Yeah, it does sound like an expensive basket. But if you have the means, why not try a few of these?
What’s the Difference Between a Gift Basket and a Gift Hamper?
If you’re confused about the difference between a gift hamper and a gift basket, you are not alone. The two can be confusing to tell apart, especially at the store, where some of the things we’ve listed here might be called gift hampers, sometimes erroneously. So, how does the gift basket differ from the gift hamper?
Well, for one, Gift baskets are open trays or baskets that are then wrapped as gifts, whereas gift hampers usually relate to the wrapping itself, in which the products are contained in a covered wicker or bamboo hamper. However, as some things are better suited for gift baskets or hampers, sometimes we can merely be talking about the contents. Gift baskets might contain fruit, snacks, luxuries, games, or gourmet foods while hampers are typically more conventional or gourmet meals.
How to Choose Gift Baskets
It’s great to have options to choose from. But how do you choose between all the available gift basket options? Here are a couple of guidelines for you
1. Avoid Cheap Baskets
How much would cheaply priced goods be worth to you? Not much, i imagine, and it is usually also true for others. To be sure, you should work within your mean and buy what can afford, but you should also avoid the habit of looking for the cheapest thing you can find. It means a lot to people when they know your gift cost you something, and they tend to appreciate such gifts more.
2. Look for Special Sales
Every company provides great discounts and promotions, especially around holidays and special occasions. Before making a decision, consider whether it would work for you before asking your gift vendor about the particular offer it has in each gift basket. Send presents of the finest caliber that are frequently expertly tailored to suit your unique needs.
3. Be Mindful of the Content
When deciding, you should pay attention to the content. Try to pick the gift baskets that contain the most content that will be appreciated by the person receiving it. What’s important is not the size of the basket or how many items it contains but how many relevant or needed items it contains.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure to include a personalized touch. A handwritten card, perhaps, or a ribbon in the bride’s wedding colors. Just a little something to say that you really put a lot of thought into your gift.
What are your favorite wedding gift baskets for bridal showers? Share below!
I’m a freelance journalist/writer/content marketer with BA Hons in Journalism.
Last update on 2023-05-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API