If you are planning to play the wedding shoe game on your big day then you are likely going to need some funny questions to choose from.
There are loads of fantastic questions you can ask the happy couple but it can be difficult to think of what you should use for the big day.
That is why you need a list of the best, most amusing, sweet, funny and romantic questions that you can ask the happy couple.
It is best to pick questions that are relevant for the couple and represent them personally.
For example asking questions about baking when neither couple bakes will not be as well received as playing to the couples’ hobbies.
That being said, choosing something for comedic effect knowing that neither the bride nor the groom can bake well could be humorous for the crowd.
Knowing what to pick will be entirely dependent on what you are going for. It’s important to choose questions that are both entertaining for the guests and respectful to the couple’s relationship.
But that is why we have gathered a selection of the best and most funny questions here for you to peruse at your leisure.
In this article we are going to list a bunch of the best and most funny wedding shoe game questions that you may want to use for the big day.
So, without further ado, let us dive right in and get started!
What Is The Wedding Shoe Game?
The wedding shoe game or the newlywed game is something that is often played at weddings. Obviously.
The bride and groom take either shoes off and exchange one of them with their partner. The DJ, maid of honor, best man or other friend or family member that knows the happy couple.
The bride and groom answer the questions by raising their shoes to indicate who they think fits the question.
The objective of this game is to have fun and see how well the couple know each other.
How Do You Play The Wedding Shoe Game?
This game is far easier than you might think. But for those of you that do not know how to play this game, we have noted down how it works. So, let’s dive right in and get started!
- Get Seated – The first thing that the bride and groom need to do is sit on a pair of chairs back to back. The game will be best observed if the happy couple are seated in the middle of the dance floor. All you need to do is make sure that they can’t see each other.
- Shoes – Once the couple are comfortable seated back to back on the dance floor they must then take their shoes off. The bride and groom must each give one shoe to their partner so they have one shoe of their own and one of their partners. If you do not want to use shoes you can use other symbolic items. For example a flower for the bride and a beer bottle for the groom. But it is up to you what works best for you and your partner.
- Questions – Now that you have everything in place you will need someone to tread out questions for the bride and groom. Most often the person reading these questions will be the DJ, maid of honor, or the best man. You will also need to make sure that the questions suit the bride and groom. Not all questions will be perfect for the happy couple.
- Playing the Game – After a question is read the bride and groom must hold up a show or item representing them or their partner. The objective of the game is to hold up the shoe if they think that they or their partner fits the question. For example, if the question was ‘Who is the Best Cook?’ the bride might hold up the groom’s shoe. This indicates that she thinks he is the best cook. The groom may elect to nominate himself or his bride depending on what he thinks is the right answer. The game is that sometimes these answers will match, and sometimes the couple will disagree. But that is the fun of the wedding shoe game.
- Ending the Game – To end the game it is most often done by electing a cute question which ensures that both partners will raise both of the bride’s shoes and both of the groom’s shoes.
The rules of this game may differ depending on where you are from.
On top of that the types of questions that are asked can widely vary depending on what the bride and groom want.
The point of the game is to show how well you know your partner and simply have fun.
How Do You End The Wedding Shoe Game?
There are a few ways you can end the wedding shoe game.
But the best way in our opinion is to ask a cute question that will certainly make both the bride and the groom raise both of the shoes they are holding at the same time.
Some examples of cute questions like this may be as follows:
- Who do you love more than anyone in the world?
- Who do you want to spend the rest of your life with?
- Who is looking forward to the honeymoon?
If you want to end the game in a sweet yet romantic way while also impressing the guests and get a good reaction from them then you could ask something that evokes action.
For example, you could ask the following question: Who is the better kisser?
This kind of question is good because the bride and groom would then both stand up, kids each other and then raise both pairs of shoes they are holding.
This will surely cause all of your surrounding friends and family to cheer loudly.
The cherry on top for this kind of wedding shoe game ending is that your photographer will be able to get some fun and sweet shots.
Tips For The Wedding Show Game
This game is very simple to play and one might think that nothing could go wrong when you are preparing to play it on your big day.
But there are actually a few things that you really need to keep in mind if you want to play.
In this section we are going to share a few helpful hints and tips to avoid this game turning into a calamity on your wedding day.
So, without further ado, let us dive right in and get started!
Carefully Tailor Your Questions
In order to make sure that the couple and all their guests have a good time playing the wedding shoe game you will need to make sure that you carefully choose your questions.
For example, if there are young children around then you will need to make sure that there are no lewd or inappropriate things asked.
You will also need to make sure that your questions fit with the couple.
It would not be very fun for the couple if you asked things that are not relevant to them and personally tailored to what they prefer.
As a quick note, we recommend that you keep track of how many questions the bride and groom agree on so that there can be a nice prize for the winner at the end.
Limit The Number Of Questions
You should not have too many questions. Your game may drag on for too long and both the guests of the couple may start to tire quickly.
We recommend that you go for between thirty and forty questions and print them out before the big day.
These questions should pertain to the couple. For example, it should cover a shared hobby and be relatable for them.
For example if they are both gamers then then you could add in a few questions relating to video games that they both play.
Pick Your Emcee Carefully
It will not do to pick an emcee that is shy and not good at public speaking. They should also be someone that the couple knows quite well.
So, make sure to choose someone that the couple knows well like a relative or close friend.
They are likely to be able to make quick comments that are relevant and funny. They should also understand pacing as the wedding shoe game is best enjoyed in quick succession.
This should leave just enough time for the couple to answer the questions and the audience to recount. This will keep everyone engaged in the activity.
So, make sure that whoever is reading the questions knows how to pace themselves properly and understands this delicate balance.
Consider Your Questions Carefully
Your questions need to be carefully chosen and relevant to the bride and groom. The questions you choose should be carefully considered.
There are a lot of things to consider to make sure that the game runs smoothly, and the couple enjoys themselves.
In this section we are going to talk about what you need to consider before you make your selection for the big day.
Start With Easy Questions
When you are playing this game it is recommended that you start off easy.
It is important that you allow the bride and groom to warm up and get used to playing the game without any confusion.
Once they are comfortable you can then use questions that are a bit more funny, zany, or sweet. You should not start with questions that are specialized and specific.
Go easy and choose questions that are short and easy to answer.
Think About The Order
It can take quite a bit of skill to make sure that the wedding show game is actually funny.
In order to achieve this then you need to make sure that your questions are carefully selected and read in a very specific order.
Don’t pick something that might offend the guests or the couple. For example asking a question like the following might be a good idea:
- Who is the better cook?
- Who washes dishes the most?
- Who takes the longest to get ready?
These questions are personal, quick, and easy. They are also fun and the answers can be quite amusing. You should avoid questions like the following:
- Who is better in bed?
- Who has better in-laws?
- Who has the worst friends?
Questions like this may be funny to some but they can easily offend specific guests and may even make the bride and groom feel uncomfortable.
Bear in mind that what questions you should and should not answer is entirely dependent on the bride and groom.
Some may be more tolerant or want something like this to be asked at their wedding.
At the end of the day, it is better to be cautious and choose questions that are easy than to choose something that may upset the bride and groom or guests.
Choose Your Question Reader Wisely
The right host can make or break this game. You need someone confident, has a good sense of humor, and can read the crowd.
They also need to be able to tailor the questions to suit the bride and groom as well as not offend any of the guests.
Funny And Amusing Wedding Shoe Questions
There are thousands of questions that you can ask for the wedding shoe game.
There are many themes that you can choose from but at the end of the day it is more important for you to choose questions that are relevant to the bride and groom.
But to get you started, here are a few questions that you might consider using if you want something funny and amusing.
Questions Related To The Household & Life
If you want some funny questions related to household chores and tasks then the questions we have listed below may be more to your liking.
- Who never keeps shoes on the rack?
- Who takes care of household tasks the most?
- Who spends more money?
- Who keeps the desk cleaner?
- Who is most likely to run out of gas?
- Whose shoes stink the most?
- Who handles the groceries?
- Who does the most cleaning at home?
- Who is the best driver?
- Who does dishes the most?
- Who snores the loudest?
- Who loves to spend extravagantly?
- Who shops more?
- Who keeps the room messier?
- Who does the cooking more?
- Who spends more time on the phone?
- Who is the worst cook?
- Who tends to forget/miss their essentials, like keys/wallets/cards?
- Who splurges more on fast food?
- Who cooks better Noodles?
- Who does the laundry more?
- Who cooks best?
- Who tends to take their mobile to the washroom?
- Who is good at managing money matters?
- Who is most likely to lose their keys or wallet/purse?
- Who doesn’t like organizing the wardrobe?
Questions Related To Romance & Sweetness
If you want some funny, romantic and sweet questions then the questions we have listed below may be more to your liking.
- Who proposed?
- Who is the least romantic?
- Who has a cuter smile?
- Who is the better kisser?
- Who fancied who first?
- Who is more emotional?
- Who needs more pampering?
- Who said ‘I love you’ first?
- Who is a better lover?
- Who plans the best date nights?
- Who loves making out in the craziest places?
- Who was the first to declare that they are in love?
- Who was the first to fall in love?
- Who is the biggest flirt?
- Who made the first move?
Questions Related To The Relationship & Personality
If you want some funny questions related to happy couples’ relationship and the personality of the bride and groom, then the questions we have listed below may be more to your liking.
- Who brags the most
- Who kills the spiders in the house?
- Who is more foodie?
- Who is kinder?
- Who wears the pants in the relationship?
- Who dresses better?
- Who is bad at keeping secrets?
- Who believes in aliens?
- Who is always late?
- Who is more self-obsessed?
- Who is crazier?
- Who is angrier?
- Who is a cry baby?
- Who has better taste in music?
- Who takes the most selfies?
- Who uses more toilet paper?
- Who was shyer when the relationship started?
- Who is more stubborn?
- Who is quieter?
- Who is moodier?
- Who dresses stylishly better?
- Who is more dramatic?
- Who is the most likely to come home with a stray cat/dog?
- Who is choosier?
- Who forgets important dates more?
- Who is more likely to start an argument?
- Who is more organized?
- Who starts the most arguments?
- Who is more religious?
- Who wakes up earlier?
- Who is the most competitive?
- Who is more carefree?
- Who burps more?
- Who is shyer?
- Who can nap or fall asleep pretty much anywhere?
- Who takes the longest time to get to the point of a story?
- Who is always confused about what food to order?
- Who is more sarcastic?
- Who is funnier?
- Who is most likely to fall asleep on the couch while watching the TV?
- Who has the best in-laws?
- Who is a better dancer?
- Who boozes the most?
- Who is more outgoing?
- Who is more creative?
- Who is the better singer?
- Who is the biggest baby when they are sick?
- Who loves gadgets more?
- Who hates cooking? Or who hates going to the kitchen?
- Who eats more chocolate?
- Who wants to travel the world for adventure?
- Who is friendlier?
- Who is more dominating in the relationship?
- Who hogs the bed?
- Who steals the blankets in the middle of the night?
- Who is chattier?
- Who is always the first to apologize?
Questions Related To Lifestyles
If you want some funny questions related to the lifestyle the couple may want to have at the moment then the questions we have listed below may be more to your liking.
- Who is good at dealing with kids?
- Who is most likely to get up for a midnight snack?
- Who follows a more organized lifestyle?
- Who reads horoscopes first thing in the morning?
- Who spends the most time getting ready in the morning?
- Who is more of a workaholic?
- Who is most likely to lose their keys?
- Who exercises daily?
- Who despises dealing with kids?
- Who gets late to an appointment?
- Who was good in studies in school/college?
- Who skips bathing the most?
- Who is more athletic?
- Who is the most likely to get lost when traveling?
- Who is always late?
- Who is more likely to end an argument?
- Who is the most likely to trip and fall?
Questions Related To Social & Family
If you want some funny questions related to socializing then the questions we have listed below may be more to your liking.
- Who likes to gossip the most?
- Who has more friends?
- Who is good at organizing parties?
- Who has the crazier family?
- Who was the class clown in school?
- Who is a party animal?
- Who gets more compliments?
- Who compliments more?
- Who socializes the most?
- Who will most likely end up with a room full of impulse buys?
If you need some generic yet fun questions that do not fall into any category but are nonetheless interesting and fun then the questions we have listed below may be more to your liking:
- Who is a better mimicker?
- Who wants to travel the world for different cuisines?
- Who loves animals more?
- Who is good with directions?
- Who is more foodie?
- Who would last longer on a deserted island?
- Who farts more?
- Who is poor with directions?
- Who is most likely to get a speeding ticket?
- Who did most of the wedding planning?
- Who was the biggest nerd in high school?
- Who loves to travel?
- Who is good with saving money?
- Who plays on their phone the most?
- Who despises books?
- Who has the bigger butt?
- Who has the most savings?
- Whose phone has more passwords?
- Who believes life without food is worthless?
- Who is more likely to get sunburned at the beach?
- Who is the worst at time management?
- Who is the first one to fall asleep while chit chatting?
- Who is the messiest?
- Who is most likely to want kids first?
- Who passes out first while drinking?
- Who is a law-breaker?
- Who is a better dancer?
- Who is the worst driver?
- Who has more control on the TV remote?
- Who is handier?
- Who is more adventurous?
- Who loves to stay home on holidays?
- Who cries while watching a sad movie?
- Who has a habit of speaking in their sleep?
- Who is the pickier eater?
- Who is never wrong?
- Who talks to themselves the most?
- Who is better at dealing with people?
- Who makes better tea/coffee?
- Who takes more time to get ready?
- Who is more likely to max out their credit card?
- Who loves to travel more?
- Who sings more in the bathroom?
- Who walks faster?
- Who is more likely to hit after being drunk?
- Who eats the most junk food?
- Who is most likely to look at memes on their phone while in the bathroom?
- Who has a bigger wardrobe?
- Who pays the bills?
- Who is more likely to max out their credit card?
- Who can’t go without watching the news even for a single day?
- Who is a better chef?
- Who always leaves the towel on the bed?
- Who is more skeptical or unbelieving or doubting?
- Who talks with their hands the most?
- Who loves late night talks?
- Who is more health conscious?
- Who burps the most?
- Who got better grades in school?
- Who has had the most speeding tickets?
- Who is a better tipper?
- Who stays up until late hours?
- Who is most likely to take food off the other person’s plate?
- Who exercises more?
We hope that you have enjoyed reading this article and learning about these funny and amusing wedding shoe game questions.
Remember, while there are a bunch of questions that you could use, it is best to tailor your selection to the couple.
That way they will have more fun and the guests will be able to relate to them.
All you need to do is make sure that the couple have fun and the questions are appropriate for the crowd.
Make sure to follow the generic rules of this game.
Don’t have too many questions, play to your audience and as always tailor the question selection to the couple to make it a more personal experience for them.
With all of that said, if you enjoyed this article, make sure to check out some of our other works. There is bound to be another article you will find interesting.
Serena & Dominic are a married couple and parents to 3 wonderful children. They plan weddings, run multiple small businesses, and curate wedding events.
By giving you everything you need to make your dream wedding attainable, you can eliminate stress, get the ‘wedding glow,’ and focus on spending this rocking day with the person you adore. Discover their podcast for more information