Hey, gorgeous bride! Do you have curly hair? We’re digging into our beauty arsenal so you can look and feel amazing with our favorite envious bridal curls that just scream volume and beauty.
Hair and make-up on your big day are a big deal because wedding day hair is an important part of completing a bride’s look! No matter your hair type, there is sure to be a hairstyle that fits your look perfectly.
No matter your hair type, there is sure to be a hairstyle that fits your look perfectly.
One of the most common bridal hairstyles is curls! Regardless of your hair texture, curls are so versatile and provide a super classy look. It’s a classic wedding hairstyle you won’t regret.
They are so versatile and provide a super classy look.
Check out our favorite fancy wedding hairstyle ideas, plus tips on how to get the look!
10 Envious Bridal Curls
1. Loose Wave – Mermaid Style:
Good for a wedding or any occasion, this relaxed and easy style doesn’t take much effort. For long curls, this long loose wave down the back looks elegant with any dress. Brush it out, and a little gentle styling will make it perfect.
Add in flowers or lightweight threads of jewels or sparkles to highlight this wave and take it to the next level.
2. Loose Wave – Relaxed:
Just let your hair hang loose over your shoulders. It’s an excellent loose and easy hairstyle, and a little bit of hair care product can keep this looking sleek and shiny for your entire special day.
A few discrete pins can keep it in place, or provide some extra accents to make the look really sparkle.
3. Loose Wave – Cascading Waves With Flowers:
This is an excellent style to pair with a bohemian style dress. A loose, layered cascade of curls braided and held back with flowers can create a look that is stunning in its simplicity and elegance.
Flowers can be attached in a loose crown or braided in. This look allows brides to incorporate flowers specific to their wedding theme with their dress and styling, as well as their bouquets and decor.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Check out these sleek styles for curly-haired brides!
4. We love these loose curls!
Loose curls and soft curls are still classy but keep your look a little less formal. Bonus: they go well with just about any dress!
- This look is easiest to achieve on “second-day hair.”
- It may go against all your instincts to not wash your hair on your wedding day, but it will save you a lot of time both in the shower and the styling chair!
- If you’re doing your own hair, use a large-barrel curling iron
5 Curls pulled back
Curls can be pulled into sections to create a simple updo! Gorgeous, right?
- While there are ways to get these ringlets naturally, if you’re in a rush you can use a ringlet barrel curling iron.
- Protect your curly locks from the heat with a good heat protection spray!
6. Curls and color!
Have you ever seen anything prettier than this bride’s romantic curls? The pop of color in these soft waves is amazing! The ombre tone makes her curly mane pop even more.
- The ombre look is best achieved by going to a professional, unless you have a friend who is insanely good with hair color.
- Don’t want to commit to permanent hair color? Try something like Splat. Just be careful, that stuff stains like crazy!
- Whatever you use to color it, dye your hair at least a week before your wedding to give the excess dye time to wash out. Trust me, no matter how long I rinse, I still have dye coming out in the shower for days afterward!
7. Side-swept curls
With this bridal hairstyle, no veil is needed – you’ll be a naturally beautiful bride. This one is a popular choice. It’s a look that is very classic and would look amazing at a formal wedding.
- For this look, you’ll want to start with freshly washed hair and blow-dry it to the side.
- Make sure you have plenty of hair clips ready to section off your hair into manageable chunks of soft waves!
- Check out this easy tutorial to get side-swept curls!
8. An updo of curls!
Curls make updos look that much better. They add much-needed volume. The floral accent tops off this bouncy curls look.
- For this look, just about any type of curls goes!
- If you want a sophisticated look, go with tight curls using a small barrel curling iron.
- For a more casual look, start with loose curls!
9. Perfect curls
Keep things simple for natural beauty. Seriously…we don’t have much to say about this style accept that these bridal curls are perfect!
- We love products like Aussie Miracle Curls to help you get the look at home.
- The hair brooch is beautiful and adds a nice touch.
10. Natural ringlets
This curly bride looks amazing with her natural hair! If your hair is already naturally curly, you don’t really have to do much! Try this loose waves curly hair style.
- Check out this tutorial on how to define those natural curls a bit more.
- Just add some shine with something like Chi Infusion Shine.
11. A little bit of everything
Braids, curls, and a half-updo all in one hairstyle? We envy this bride’s hair!
- The combination of textures and styles looks wonderful and creates a very whimsical look.
- Add a fun flower hair brooch in your wedding colors to pull the look together.
READ MORE: Beautiful Brides With Short Hair
12. Curls and a jewels
Chic style alert! Curls on their own are pretty, and head jewelry is beautiful on its own. Combining the two creates a really classy and up-scale look.
- This look is suitable for any wedding type or theme.
- Go with loose curls just at the bottom of your hair to copy the look.
13. Tight curls and flowers!
This bride’s look is super chic and so boho! The tight spiral curls and the half-floral crown are beautiful together.
- For this look, you’ll want to start with freshly washed hair and add a bit of leave-in conditioner.
- Use a curling wand, versus the clamp-style barrel. Or just twist your textured locks around the barrel without clamping it.
- Check out this tutorial on how to get those gorgeous spiral curls!
Large Volume Styles To Highlight Your Curls:
For individuals with large volume hair, or who want to show off their curls like a queen, there are styles out there that will give you a big and bold look that’s still elegant enough to go with just about any wedding dress or style.
14. Swept Back Poofy Ponytail:
Sweep back those curls and tie them back in a loose ponytail, then brush it out for extra volume. The tighter the curls, the bigger the volume, and you can create as much volume as you want with extra curling, or with a little smoothing down.
As an extra note, highlight your curls with an elegant jeweled clip, or flowered strands to tie everything back and give you a little extra decoration.
15. Large-Volume Messy Bun:
Tug back your curls loosely into a bun or chignon. Decorate with flowers or jewels to create a little bit of extra sparkle.
This can be a cloud of soft, loosely gathered bouncy cloud, or a tight close bun depending on your preference and your natural curls and volume.
Make it regal, or more bohemian to match the style of your dress and incorporate the designs of your veil.
16. Half-Up Updo With High-Volume Wavy Curls:
Tug your front curls back and secure with an elegant clip or a flower crown, then let the curls flow down your back in a large, bouncy wave. The curls can be as loose or as tight as you like.
A little bit of application with a curling iron can give your natural curls a little extra tightness, or you can go the other way for more of a loose wave. This style can be adapted for any style of gown, from classic to extremely dressy to bohemian. It can be a quick-and-easy, or painstaking elegance…whatever you want for the perfect wedding day.
How did you wear your hair during your wedding? Did you go with any other envious bridal curls? Tell us below!
I’m a freelance journalist/writer/content marketer with BA Hons in Journalism.