If you’re looking to make your five-year anniversary extra special, read on! In this article, we’ll explore the best ways to celebrate this momentous occasion and offer you heartfelt and playful five-year anniversary quotes to help you express your love.
Playful 5-Year Anniversary Quotes
These playful five-year anniversary quotes are perfect for couples who have a lighthearted, fun-loving relationship. They are a great way to celebrate your love, your laughter and the journey you have taken so far together. Whether you share these quotes in a card, on social media or in person, they will surely bring a smile to your partner’s face.
- “It’s only been five years of marriage, but it feels like forever in the best way possible.”
- “You’re my favorite person to annoy for the rest of my life. Happy five-year anniversary!”
- “I’ve loved you for five years, but I’ll love you for a lifetime.”
- “Here’s to five years of tolerating each other’s quirks and loving each other anyway.”
- “You’re my rock, my best friend and my partner in crime. Here’s to five years and many more.”
- “It’s amazing how fast time flies when I’m having fun with you.”
- “Five years and counting. Let’s see how much more we can tolerate each other.”
- “Here’s to five years of laughter, love and ridiculous adventures together.”
- “You make every day better just by being in it. Here’s to five years and forever to get married.”
- “Here’s to five years of us being a match made in heaven, or at least a match made on earth.”
Serious 5-Year Anniversary Quotes
As you celebrate your five-year anniversary, it’s important to take a moment to reflect on the journey you have taken so far together. A serious five-year anniversary quote can help you express your love, gratitude and commitment to each other deeply and meaningfully. Whether you are looking for something romantic, inspiring or thought-provoking, you will find something to suit your needs in this collection of serious five-year anniversary quotes.
- “Love isn’t just a feeling of happiness. It’s a choice to love each other every day, no matter what.”
- “We have made it five years, and with that, I still promise to be your partner in all things, to love and cherish you, to support and encourage you, to laugh with you and cry with you, to grow old with you and to be by your side, always.”
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “The greatest happiness you can have is knowing that you do not necessarily require happiness.” – William Saroyan
- “Love is not just a feeling of warmth and comfort. It’s a choice to stand by each other through thick and thin.”
- “Five years ago, I chose you to be my partner in life, my love and my friend. I promise to be your support, your comfort and your joy, now and always.”
- “I promise to love you every day more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.”
- “Love is not just a word. It’s a verb. It’s something we do, not just something we feel.”
5-Year Anniversary Quotes From Songs
Music is one of the most expressive and emotion-evoking ways to celebrate love. With these quotes from famous songs, your partner will surely know how much you care.
“Baby, it’s you. You’re the one I love, you’re the one I need, you’re the only one I see.”
“We found love right where we are.”
“I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don’t be afraid. I have loved you for a thousand years.”
“Baby, I’m dancing in the dark, with you between my arms, barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song.”
“At last, my love has come along. My lonely days are over and life is like a song.”
Five-Year Anniversary Quotes From Movies
These quotes from movies capture the essence of love and are perfect for couples celebrating their five-year anniversary. Whether you’re looking to express your love and commitment in a lighthearted or serious manner, these quotes will be sure to bring a smile to your face and a tear to your eye.
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.” – The Notebook (2004)
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” – Moulin Rouge! (2001)
- “I wish I knew how to quit you.” – Brokeback Mountain (2005)
- “I love you. Not just for now, but for always.” – Dear John (2010)
- “Love is never wrong.” – Melinda and Melinda (2004)
- “You had me at hello.” – Jerry Maguire (1996)
- “The best love is the kind that comes after you’ve been through the worst.” – Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
- “Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.” – The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011)
Poems About Your Fifth Anniversary
These poems are short, sweet and to the point, making them perfect for couples looking to celebrate their love on their fifth anniversary. Whether you write them in a card, recite them at a dinner or just enjoy them as a reminder of your love, they will touch your heart and bring a smile to your face.
Five years have flown by so fast,
So much love and joy we’ve amassed.
Here’s to many more years to come,
And to a love that will always be strong.
2. “Five Years Together”
Together we’ve walked hand in hand,
Five years of love in a foreign land.
Through joy and pain, we’ve made a stand,
And proved our love is worth a thousand strands.
3. “Anniversary Love”
Five years and still going strong,
Our love, like a never-ending song.
Here’s to many more years to come,
And to a love that will forever be young.
Why are anniversary celebrations important?
Anniversaries come and go every year and while the tradition can get redundant especially with life huddles piling up, it’s always best to take a moment to take a minute to celebrate your partner. Here’s why celebrating your anniversary, even with small simple gestures, never goes out of style;
It’s a way to show appreciation for your partner
Once you’ve lived together for years, your relationship can begin to appear routine. This may happen subconsciously as each of you take on different roles in your home. While we recommend letting your partner know you appreciate them for everything they do to make both your lives and relationship better daily, anniversaries can be a special time to reinforce this. You can use this time to surprise your partner or gift them to remind them that you are thankful to have them in your life.
It’s time to reignite the spark
Long after you’re married and keeping up with life’s demands has taken away the bounce in your step, anniversaries can be a good time to reignite the spark. Taking this time to live in the moment a little without worrying about schedules, work, and children can help your relationship feel new and vibrant again.
It’s a great time to improve your bond
Spending some time together undisturbed can be a great way to revive your bond by sharing experiences together, and talking into the night on things that may have been brushed aside.
It’s a celebration of your love
While the wedding may be the last time you publicly celebrate your love, you can use each anniversary to continue to celebrate in private. Every anniversary is a milestone in your relationship and signifies that you made it through the challenges. These may be small wins but together they make a big win which is a successful marriage. That’s something worth celebrating.
It’s a great time to look positively at the past
Anniversaries are a great time to spend time remembering the past, the goals you had together, and how far you’ve come. It helps you see the resilience and growth between you and your partner and will help you appreciate your journey so far. Even if you’re behind on some of the plans you made for the future, you can take pride in the fact that you both worked together to get to where you are in your relationship and life.
What is the fifth anniversary and what gift should I get my partner?
The fifth anniversary is called the wooden anniversary and it was traditionally appropriate to gift your partner items made of wood. Recently, people have moved towards gifting silverware, sapphires, and daises to mark the occasion.
While these are all great gifts, gifting your partner should have a more personal feel. You can choose to go for a sentimental gift or surprise them with something they’ve wanted for a while. After all, you want your gift to mean something as well as have a purpose and sticking to traditional gifting may take away from that.
We hope this list has given you the inspiration to express your love on this special occasion. Check out our other blogs for more quotes and date ideas to make your partner feel extra special!
You will also like these other related posts:
- 1-Year Anniversary Quotes
- Funny Anniversary Quotes
- Anniversary Quotes For Every Milestone
- 25-Year Anniversary Quotes
Serena & Dominic are a married couple and parents to 3 wonderful children. They plan weddings, run multiple small businesses, and curate wedding events.
By giving you everything you need to make your dream wedding attainable, you can eliminate stress, get the ‘wedding glow,’ and focus on spending this rocking day with the person you adore. Discover their podcast for more information