Finding classy zoo-themed wedding décor that doesn’t look like it was made for a child’s party can feel downright impossible. However, if you know where to look- and with a little creativity- it’s actually quite doable! The 10 examples below prove it. Let’s take a look!
You may also love: 10 Beautiful Zoo-Themed Wedding Favors Your Guests Will Adore
10 Cute & Classy Zoo-Themed Wedding Décor Ideas You Need to See
From beautiful candle holders that are just right for a zoo-themed microwedding to gorgeous balloons that could fill a whole room, these ideas below prove that not all animal-centric décor is made for kids.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
1. Animal Candleholders
Candles add elegance to even the simplest wedding, and if you want to stand out, then these animal candle holders will do the trick. They are available on Amazon and come in 11 variants, with different designs and animals.
2. Safari Seating Chart
I found this on Amazon while searching for upscale zoo-themed wedding décor for a friend, and I totally fell in love with it! Isn’t it the most clever thing ever?
It’s a digital file only, so you’ll need to have it printed up. While you could do it yourself, I definitely recommend taking it to a pro. You’ll not only have an awesome way to help everyone find their seats, but it makes a great memento after the wedding.
- TABLES 1 TO 25: Set includes tented table number cards with minimalist greenery designs to complement your garden or bohemian theme. Designed with a foliage border and handwriting style, it is the perfect party table accessory.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: Cards are made from 250gsm durable cardstock with printing on both sides.
- NO NEED FOR FRAMES: Tent cards are free-standing so you don’t need any frames, stands, or table number holders. Simply fold at the crease and place it together with your table centerpiece.
3. Elephant Card Holders
Help everyone know their places at the table using these elephant cardholders. Simply place the cards on the elephant’s backs, and when the wedding is over, every guest can keep it as a wedding favor. These are available on Amazon and come in sets of six.
- THE PERFECT TOUCH - Perfect For bridal showers, weddings, tea parties, birthdays or any other event, these adorable elephant place card holders will be sure to set the scene
- SECURE - Fitted cutouts hold your place cards securely in place, ensuring your tables look tidy and beautiful
- SET OF SIX - Each set includes 6 gold embossed resin elephants with coordinating place cards
4. Animal Cupcake Toppers
There’s no wedding without a ton of cupcakes, and if you use these toppers, everything will be amazing. They are available on Amazon and come in sets of 30 with golden giraffes, monkeys, elephants, rhinoceros, and lions. You also get some very nice animal banners.
5. Light-Up Garlands
If you want to decorate the walls of your venue with something incredible, make sure to pick up one of these light-up garlands. They are on Amazon, super easy to set up, and your get 84 feet of artificial ivy and string lights.
- Include: 12 strands artificial ivy vine hanging plant. Each green vine is almost 7 ft long and has 80 leaves, a total of 84 ft long. You will also get 396 inch long LED string light warm white 80 LED lights (Not include battery).The light strand is not fixed to the ivy vines, maximizing DIY flexibility for any creative settings.
- 8 Lighting Modes Twinkle Lights: 8 Functions to fit different occasions, moods, feelings, holidays, festivals, anniversaries, etc. Adjust the lighting modes by pressing the round button on the adapter.The 80 LED light string included is crafted from thermal plastic insulated copper wire, soft and easy to bend, waterproof.
- Realistic and Lifelike Leaves: No longer have to worry about the green plants in your home dying when you travel. Ivy vine garland does not require any sort of special care, our artificial ivy leaf garland plant has eternal life.
6. Balloons in Colors Inspired by Nature
Since it’s a zoo-themed wedding, you can’t just pick up the first balloons you find
Related: Zoo-Themed Wedding Invitations
These ones come in green, white, golden, and black, and your wedding will maintain the theme while being incredibly fancy. You can find them on Amazon.
- GREAT VALUE BALLOONS PACK: Kit includes 30 pieces of 5" metallic black, metallic white, and solid pine green balloons; 75 pieces of 12" chrome gold, chrome green, solid white, solid black, and solid dark green balloons; ribbon and all the tools!
- MULTI-COLOR BALLOON DECOR: Mix green, white, gold and black balloons to use for a balloon arch kit to enhance safari or wild one birthday decorations. Bring the fun to girl or boy baby shower decorations with these chrome and matte balloons!
- VERSATILE PARTY BALLOONS: Perfect color combination for a sunflower balloon garland kit for boho party decor. Design the ideal tropical birthday decorations or jungle party decorations by creating an exotic, vibrant backdrop for a photo booth!
7. Animal Themed Napkins
To make sure that you really cover everything, you may want to pick up some of these animal theme napkins for your zoo-themed wedding. They are available on Amazon and come in packs on 20. Depending on the number of guests, you can see exactly how many you need.
- DIMENSION: 48 Pack, 13″X13″(unfolded), 6.5″X6.5″(folded), featuring cheetahs, zebras, tigers, and giraffes prints.
- MUTIPLE ANIMAL PRINT: There are 4 different animal prints. The product design adopts the elements of jungle safari season, which is more attractive and exquisite. You can easily create a dynamic birthday party atmosphere.
- DISPOSABLE AND CONVENIENT: These disposable napkins are made of 100% virgin wood pulp. They are all printed with food grade water-based ink which is suitable for food contact. It’s convenience and save your time from washing.
8. Greenery Paper Garlands
These are some of my favorite items on this list, and they are just perfect. They maintain the theme but are simple enough to fit in every existing décor. You can order between 10 and 50 feet, and cover all the walls with them. You can find them on Amazon.
- Beautiful greenery garland
- No tools or glue needed, lightweight and easy to handle
- Includes an assortment of die cut greenery pieces with read foil accents
9. Safari Photo Booth Props
If you’re planning to organize a photo booth, be sure to pick up some props for it. Everyone will leave with a fantastic memory, and you can add them both in an album.
I love these from Big Dot of Happiness on Amazon because they’re more “grown up” than a lot of the other options out there. Perfect for your zoo-themed wedding!
- 7PCS PHOTO BOOTH FRAME KIT – Package includes 1 jungle safari animal photo booth picture frame prop, 6pcs unassembled photo booth frame accessories and 8 self-adhesive tapes. You may take 1 minute to assemble them with the self-adhesive pieces by following the picture construction.
- GREAT FOR JUNGLE THEMED PARTY! – There are many fun ways to use the safari animal party photo booth picture frame props indoor or outdoor! Take some entertaining and shareable party photos of your friends and family while making memories with funny animal photo booth frames!
- PREMIUM MATERIAL – The Jungle Animals Party Photo Booth Props Frame are made of high-quality waterproof material, which can be used outdoors, in any weather and at any location. It is very lightweight. Kids can also hold them easily.
10. Animal Card Holders
Since you need everyone to know their places at the table, you need to pick up some of these animal cardholders. When the wedding party is over, your guests can keep them as favors and place a picture from the wedding in them. Find them on Amazon!
- Excellent detail and color
- Sitting bear figure that holds business cards
Bonus! Songs to Play to Complete the Ambience at Your Zoo-Themed Wedding
- Africa by Toto. There’s a big reason that the original version still rocks until today – Toto’s rhythm section and music playing chops are second to none. But for a more unexpected version, check out Brad Davis’ cover.
- Circle of Life from The Lion King original film soundtrack. You can choose the string quartet version, of course. But trust us – there’s no beating the original version, which features an epic African choir.
- Crocodile Rock by Elton John. Sure, Elton John’s is a familiar classic rock tune, but if you want a more stripped-down rendition, there are plenty of subtle covers to choose from. A great example is Larkin Poe’s version.
- Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. Yes, it might inspire some guests to start shadowboxing once they hear the all too familiar distorted guitar intro. But you can’t deny the tune is something everyone is familiar with, which should keep the crowd engaged. Still, this wedding version by Jason Boyd is amazing.
- A Horse With No Name by America. No, the song is not about drugs. But who cares about its actual meaning? It’s a fun tune and that’s all that really matters. So all together now – La la la laaa la la la la …
- I Like To Move It by Reel 2 Real. You can thank the movie Madagascar for forever associating this song with safari animals. And because this film has become so popular (due to the release of multiple sequels in recent years), it’s guaranteed to make your guests like to move it, move it.
- Karma Chameleon by Culture Club. The original version remains an earworm (go ahead, sing along with the chorus now). That makes the song a perfect choice for the dance party. But if you ever need a stripped down version, look no further than Catherine Rannus’ version.
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens. It’s not a song that’s meant to be solemn after all. So go ahead, you can pick the most playful version you can find on Spotify. Better yet, why not have your entourage perform it as a number? For reference, check this out.
- Roar by Katy Perry. It’s an epic song about overcoming all hurdles, which every newlywed couple will soon experience for themselves. Plus, it’s got a killer oh-oh-oh hook that ranks among the catchiest from the Queen of the Jungle herself.
- Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N’ Roses. Yes, the lyrics are kinda disturbing. So if you have kids attending your wedding party, you might want to skip this one. But if your big day is for grown-ups only, then by all means, let this track rip.
Your wedding needs to be absolutely perfect, and all this zoo-themed décor will help you plan something amazing!
What are your favorite zoo-themed wedding décor ideas? Share below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own blog.