When it comes to virtual engagement party food and décor, you have to get really creative. With everyone attending from their own homes, you have to get really creative. Don’t worry, though; we did the heavy lifting for you in our guide below. Let’s take a look, starting with some amazing décor ideas!
Virtual Engagement Party Décor
Engagement parties in general are pretty low-key décor-wise, but decorating for an online engagement party definitely comes with its unique challenges. The key is to focusing on decorating just what everyone can see. There’s no reason to go all crazy and completely decorate a dozen (or more!) homes. Let’s look at a few ideas. As always, these are perfect for everything from a gay or lesbian virtual engagement party to opposite-sex events.
Start With a Zoom Background
The first thing you may want to do is choose a Zoom background for your engagement party. It can be something you like, something to match the theme or something personalized for every guest.
When I talked about virtual engagement party themes, I suggested this cool idea where everyone can pretend they are in a different part of the world, so here are a few backgrounds for that! Click on each image to get the Zoom-sized version.
Have you ever thought about having a nice engagement party on a boat floating on the Amsterdam canals? Well, this is it!
Paris is the city of love, and probably the most popular honeymoon location.
This one is just in case you want something tropical to celebrate from!
Las Vegas is one of the most popular cities in the world, and for good reason!
The city of angels can’t be left behind, and a Zoom engagement party may be just perfect!
Venice is one of the most romantic cities in the world, and having dinner on the canals is amazing!
Send Small Decorations to Each Guest
Another interesting thing you can do is get some props and decorations and send them to your friends’ houses. You can think of balloons, gift packs, glitter, or wall decorations. Again, don’t go crazy. You don’t need to cover each person’s home from top to bottom in glitter and glitz! Here are a few quick suggestions!
1. Party Confetti
Having a party with confetti is always a good idea, even when we’re talking about an online engagement party. You can send one of these confetti bags to each of your guests and have them sprinkle it around the area that they’ll be using as their “party spot.”
- Material: the table confetti is made of 2 kinds of materials, tissue paper and foil; And the shiny color is made of foil
- Size: round paper size measures approx. 1 inch/ 2.5 cm in diameter, please pay attention to the size before you buy
- Different colors: white, blue and gold, colored confetti will be a good match with navy blue gold themed party decoration
- Confetti party supplies: good decoration for wedding, bridal shower, anniversary, birthday, Valentine's Day and any celebration days
- Way to use: can be applied as table decorations; Can make your own confetti balloons with them, or just put them into gift boxes, clear bottles as fillers
2. Engagement Ring Decorations
These huge engagement ring decorations are super cute! You can send one to each guest, or just use them in the couple’s party space.
3. Paper Flower Balls
These simple yet elegant paper flowers come in sets of 20, with four different sizes. Again, you could use them to decorate for the couple, or break up the set into smaller ones for guests.
- Complete kit, one low price: With 20 pieces in one package, this kit provides an affordable way to professionally decorate your home, banquet room or other venue for a wedding reception or special occasion gathering
- For any special occasion: EpiqueOne décor solutions are both elegant and versatile. Suitable for weddings, birthdays, graduations, holiday gatherings, bachelorette parties, baby showers and other events
- This kit contains: 20 tissue paper pom poms total, in 4 colors and 4 sizes. Five White pom poms: 1 eight-inch, 2 ten-inch, 1 twelve-inch and 1 fourteen-inch. Five Ivory pom poms: 1 eight-inch, 2 ten-inch, 1 twelve-inch and 1 fourteen-inch. Five Peach pom poms: 1 eight-inch, 1 ten-inch, 2 twelve-inch and 1 fourteen-inch. Five Champagne pom poms: 1 eight-inch, 1 ten-inch, 2 twelve-inch and 1 fourteen-inch
- Easy to assemble: It takes only a few minutes to peel apart and properly “fluff up” each tissue paper pom pom
- Easy to install: Each item in this kit comes with a string for easy hanging. After assembling the decorations, simply attach them to the ceiling or walls with clear tape. These decorations are reusable
4. Confetti Filled Balloons
The confetti-filled balloons are anyone’s dream, no matter the celebration, so consider these too!
- 【 High Quality】 : Rose Gold Confetti Balloons are made from imported durable latex material, clearer surface, stronger and long lasting. For your convenience our Budget Friendly clear balloons are Pre-Filled with rose gold confetti. All you have to do is inflate them and Voila!
- 【How to Use】: About these rose gold confetti balloons, it is recommended to use a pump to quickly inflate, so that confetti are easier to be sticked. The best to rub the surface of the balloons with a dry towel or hair and silk.
- 【Suitable for All Occasion】: These latex party balloons are perfect for Baby Shower, Galas, Weddings, Bridal showers, Graduation, Engagement parties, New Years Eve, Wedding, Birthday and so on. Makes your party attractive and romantic.
- 【Incredible Explosion Moment】：The balloon seems to be waiting for the last frying moment, the rose gold confetti scattered in the air, glittering in the air, making it a night to remember. These balloons are no with toxic chemical composition, safe for people. Adults and kids of all ages can cherish the exciting moment.
- 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】： We are very confident with the quality of our happy birthday balloons for we used grade A quality materials. Its production process is being monitored to secure its quality. Upon purchasing this product, you are covered with 100% money back guarantee.
If you’re short on time, choose one or two decorations and have them shipped directly to your guests. However, if you want to save money and have a bit more time, get everything shipped to your house and create “party decor” packs for each person. Then, either ship or deliver the packs yourself.
Virtual Engagement Party Food and Cake
Now that we settled décor, it’s time to think about the food.
I’d say that we should start with food, and then proceed to some impressive cake ideas!
Virtual Engagement Food
When it comes to Zoom engagement party food, simple is better. Think “cocktail hour” party rather than full sit-down dinner. Stick to appetizers for the food. Either make it ahead of time and deliver it to each guest, or come up with a few recipes that everyone can easily make at home. Here are some of our favorite ideas!
Caramelized Onion and Pear Tarts
This recipe is EVERYTHING. It’s incredibly delicious, easy to make, and definitely a unique choice!
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Rolls
If you’re a big fan of smoked salmon, then this recipe is going to be just perfect. It’s refreshing, and you’ll have it done in the shortest time.
Watermelon and Feta Bites
Even though it seems like an unusual combination, this is incredibly good! It’s super easy to make, and everyone will definitely enjoy it!
Virtual Engagement Cakes
Since making a cake would consume a lot of time and resources, you can consider making some amazing engagement cupcakes instead!
Pink Champagne Cupcakes
If you follow the recipe exactly, then this recipe will be a total success for everyone!
Now, this is a unique recipe, and it’s a lot easier to make than you may think!
Whether you’re not a big fan of dairy or you have an intolerance, this recipe will save you and the whole party!
Related: 10 Virtual Engagement Party Games to Keep the Fun Going All Night
For additional ideas on food and drinks for socially distant parties, you can also check out this guide. You’ll also find a special cocktail formula to create something unique for you!
Remember that your virtual engagement party is just the first amongst many others. You’ll also need to prepare for a bridal shower, bachelorette party, and the actual wedding! So, pace yourself!
What are some of your favorite virtual engagement party décor and food ideas? Share below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own blog.
Last update on 2021-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API