If you’re looking for some of the best “two grooms are better than one” wedding ideas, you’ll want to stick around.
We’ll look at some clever ways to plan your entire big day around the saying.
From planners to invitations to decorations, from “I will” to “I do,” we’ve taken it from a sweet sentiment to an entire wedding theme.
Read on to get inspired!
Two Grooms Are Better Than One Wedding Ideas
Planning a wedding is hard work. Rewarding, absolutely, but hard.
So many decisions have to be made at every stage that you start to feel like you’re directing a movie rather than planning the best day of your life.
I’m a totally indecisive & anxious person, so I find it’s a lot easier when I have some sort of theme that I have to stick to.
As far as gay wedding ideas go, the “two grooms are better than one” theme is among my favorites.
Between Etsy and Amazon Handmade, you can find some really beautiful ways to make that phrase the highlight of your wedding.
Let’s see how, starting with that vital book that all soon-to-be-weds need: the wedding planner.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
Two Grooms Are Better Than One Wedding Planners
From super simple budget-friendly journal-style planners to true keepsake ideas, your perfect “two grooms are better than one” wedding planner is below. 😀
1. Personalized Spiral-Bound Two Grooms Planner
A simple yet elegant “Two Grooms” spiral-bound planner, this one has room for personalization at the bottom.
It includes everything from budgets and checklists to guest lists, registries, and more.
- Gender Neutral layout, perfect for all couples! Customized with Name or other Text.
- Every Aspect of Wedding Planning covered! Budgets, Checklists, Attire, Vendors, Guest lists, Registry and More!
- Your Choice of Hard Book cover with coil binding, or Synthetic Covers with coil binding.
- Large 8" x 11" size, portable and sturdy!
- 24 Month calendar section, Dated or Undated. Choose start month of calendar section.
2. 2 Grooms to Be Worksheet-style planner
Another budget-friendly gay wedding planner, this one is loaded with worksheets that help you brainstorm every part of your big day.
While this one has no reviews, the indie Dream Wedding Press does have great reviews overall.
- Press, Dream Wedding (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 100 Pages - 06/07/2019 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
If these are a little too cheap for your tastes, let’s head over to Etsy to find some beautiful keepsake planners.
These next two may not specifically say “two grooms are better than one,” but they do a fantastic job of stylishly capturing the sentiment.
3. PurpleTrail Gay Wedding Planner
Nearly everything about this planner from Purple Trail is totally customizable.
Along with your names and wedding date, change the size, starting month, even the type of cover.
The checklists inside are equally beautiful and incredibly detailed, leaving nothing out!
4. Two Grooms in Tuxes Wedding Planner
Another one from Purple Trails, the “guts” in this one are similar to #3 but the cover is more along the “two grooms are better than one planner” theme.
I could just continue to list off my favorite Purple Trails planners, but it’s going to get redundant and we have so much more work to do.
I highly suggest checking out their Etsy shop page and browsing around. For now, I do have one last recommendation to add to your reading list.
5. Equally Wed Guide to Planning Your LGBT Wedding
Equally Wed’s Ultimate Guide to Planning Your LGBTQ+ Wedding should be one of the first books you pick up.
It’s one of the few that’s entirely dedicated to helping two grooms (or two brides) plan their dream day.
I recommend picking it up along with your favorite two grooms are better than one planner.
- Palladino, Kirsten (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 272 Pages - 05/30/2017 (Publication Date) - Seal Press (Publisher)
Two Grooms Are Better Than One Cards & Invitations
Okay, so you’ve found the perfect planner to keep all your tasks organized, now on to the next order of business: sending out announcement cards & invitations.
Once again, we’ll head to Amazon & Etsy (although mostly Etsy) to find the perfect ideas for all tastes.
1. Two Grooms Are Better Than One Card
Let’s start with something super simple, shall we?
Although it’s meant as a card FOR the grooms, it also works great as an engagement announcement.
- Our LGBTQ Gay Pride Mr. and Mr. "Two Grooms Are Better Than One" Wedding Greeting Card is Blank Inside for Your Personal Message, Note or Best Wishes for The Soon To Be NewlyWeds
- This Same-Sex Couple Congratulations Stationery Wedding Greeting Card is Printed on High-Quality Heavy White Stock Paper
- This Inspirational and Motivational Love Card and All of Our Greeting Cards Sets Include an Kraft Envelope and are Perfect to Send to your Best Friend, BFF, Brother, Co-Worker, Boss, Ex- Boyfriend or Boyfriend, or to Any of the Men on Your Nearest and Dearest List
- Our Motivational and Honest Wedding, Divorce and Bridesmaid Greeting Cards measure 5" x 7" Inches
- All of Our Awesome and Silly Bridal Shower Party Greetings Cards Are Packed and Sealed in a Cellophane Bag and Sent in a Padded Shipping Envelope
2. Two Grooms Make a Right Card
Another one that works as both a card FOR or FROM the grooms, this one allows you to add a custom message to the inside.
Use it for your engagement announcement or save the date card.
3. Vintage Mr & Mr Wedding Invitations
For your invite itself, I am positively mad about this one (in the “mad about you” sense, not the “grr, argh” angry sense).
Before you order, though, make sure you click the “ask a question” button to discuss the personalization options.
4. Stylish Two Grooms Wedding Invitation
If you’re not feeling the love for the vintage option, maybe this one is more your style?
Any and all of the wording can be changed, so you can add “Two Grooms Are Better Than One.” I’d replace the top text with it.
5. Two Grooms Save the Date Card
While the first two options work well as a save the date card, this one was created specifically for that purpose.
Again, you can add text to it, so it can easily fit into your overall theme.
Two Grooms Are Better Than One Wedding Decorations
Ah, now we get to the good stuff! I mean, don’t get me wrong, planners and invites are fun and all, but I personally love picking out decor.
Plus, it’s easier to find Two Grooms Are Better Than One decorations than it is cards.
1. Two Grooms are Better Than One Gay Wedding Sign
For affordable yet adorable decor, start with this simple sign that comes in a myriad of colors.
Grab one and put it at the entrance of your venue or grab a bunch to sprinkle throughout (backs of chairs, the gift table, etc).
2. Two Grooms Seating Chart Wedding Decor
Just say “no” to ceremony seating charts and scratch that off your to do list.
This cute sign says it all. Both sides are for the groom!
3. Two Grooms Are Better Than One Favor Tags
4. Two Grooms are Better Than One Hand-painted wine glass set
While these hand-painted wine glasses may be a bit too pricey to give to every guest, they’re perfect for your own table.
Or, grab a few sets, line them with cloth napkins, and use them as centerpieces to hold little things (like more napkins, silverware, etc).
5. Words For The Grooms Guest Heart Cards
I absolutely love the idea of placing these “words for the grooms” cards at each table.
Collect them at the end of the reception and put them in a box or book. Then, each anniversary, take turns reading them to each other.
While not all of the two grooms are better than one wedding ideas above specifically SAY those words, they do an outstanding job of capturing the idea of the theme.
Plus, since most are customizable in almost every way, it’s easy enough to add the words where you want them.
What are some of your favorite two grooms are better than one wedding ideas? Share below!
Last update on 2020-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API