Looking for the best lesbian wedding planners to help you DIY the wedding of your dreams?
We hear you!
Planning a wedding can be an absolutely crazy time in your life!
There’s a long list of things that need to be done before you walk down the aisle.
Not to mention those little details that don’t make it onto the long list.
RELATED: Top 7 Best Lesbian Wedding Outfits for Every Bride
If you are overwhelmed by planning your wedding and don’t know where to begin, start right here with one of these wedding planning books.
Related: Top 10 Best Lesbian Wedding Gifts
Best Lesbian Wedding Planners & Books
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you. We’ve included previews when available, so check them out!
This wedding planner by Rainbow Wedding Planner Press is a 110-page journal where brides can jot down ideas they may have, when it comes to planning their upcoming wedding. While it won’t help you with the actual planning part since it’s just a blank book, I do recommend grabbing it along with one of the other books, so you have a dedicated spot to take notes while reading.
- This 5.25” by 8” exterior features white gold lettering, while the interior features lined pages.
- Premium Matte Finish SoftCover Design
- Available only in paperback
This wedding guide by Kirsten Palladino is a 272-page paperback that has a wealth of wedding planning advice on an array of topics, including hiring wedding professionals, planning the wedding ceremony and welcoming wedding guests. She even offers tips on how to deal with homophobic relatives and wedding guests, because sadly these tips are still needed even in 2018.
- The author is the co-founder of the leading LGBTQ wedding website, www.equallywed.com.
- The book is available in paperback or Kindle editions.
This complete guide is a 240-page paperback, written by K.C. David, founder of www.gayweddings.com.
- David was the first openly gay member of the American Bridal Association.
- It features common sense wedding advice, as well as same-sex challenges, including dealing with reluctant guests and finding lesbian-friendly vendors.
- Available in Kindle & Paperback versions.
This planning guide, subtitled “Everything You Need to Know About Planning Your Dream Wedding,” packs a lot of info into 176 pages!
- Written by Bernadette Coveney Smith, the nation’s leading expert on same-sex weddings.
- It features everything lesbian couples will need to plan and organize their dream wedding, starting from 12 months out.
- Includes more than 125 full-color photos to inspire you!
- Available on Kindle and in Paperback editions.
This wedding guide is a 224-page paperback for today’s modern bride.
- The author, Laura Leigh Abby, is the founder of www.2brides2be.com.
- She shares her personal experience of planning her own lesbian wedding in 2012, complete with a dash of sass and a sense of humor added in.
- Grab it in paperback or Kindle edition.
The full title is Modern Brides & Modern Grooms: A Guide to Planning Straight, Gay, and Other Nontraditional Twenty-First-Century Weddings. Sorry, no preview is available for this one.
- Written by Mark O’Connell is a 296-page book that is available in both hardcover and paperback.
- It is perfect not only for same sex couples, but opposite sex couples as well.
- The book shows modern couples how to plan THEIR wedding, THEIR way!
- Available in paperback, hardcover, Kindle and audiobook!
This essential guide by Tess Ayers and Paul Brown is a 288-page paperback that offers couples practical, wise and witty same sex wedding advice, including photographs and web resources.
- Throughout the 22 chapters, an array of topics are fully covered, including guests and invitations, home weddings and wedding attire.
- This one is great for those on a budget, because it offers plenty of wallet-friendly shortcuts.
- Also available on Kindle.
Loverly Wedding Planner: The Modern Couple’s Guide to Simplified Wedding Planning is a 284-page book, written by Kellee Khalil, the founder of the popular wedding website, https://lover.ly.
- Her goal with writing this book is to make planning a wedding fun yet simple.
- The book features budgets, checklists, how-to, insider advice, schedules and to-do lists.
- Available in paperback and on Kindle.
This wedding planning guide is a 240-page paperback, written by David Toussaint, an author, commentator, playwright, theatre critic and writer.
- Besides featuring comprehensive advice, the book also features true stories from same sex couples, web resources and wedding countdown calendar.
- Answers some of the questions you may not even think of, like who walks down the aisle first, and which bride’s father pays for the wedding. Personally, I say walk down together, and both dads, but you’ll have to read the book to find out what this expert recommends.
- Available on Kindle, too.
This short but sweet guide tackles just one aspect of wedding planning, but it’s definitely one of the most important parts!
- Written by Jennifer Cram, a renowned wedding officiant and owner of Pride Ceremonies in Brisbane, Australia.
- The creative, inclusive and step-by-step guide shows couples how to write their own wedding vows that will touch everyone’s heart and soul.
- At just 54 pages, it’s a short read.
- Available in paperback and for the Kindle.
With so many choices for the best lesbian wedding planners, the hardest part is choosing just one! I recommend grabbing the journal for jotting down notes, plus at least one of the full planning books in paperback (so you can add notes and use the lists). Then grab the wedding vows guide and maybe one other planner for the Kindle.
Do you have any other picks for the best lesbian wedding planners? Tell me below!