Want to throw an epic wedding shower for two grooms that they’re remember for the rest of their lives?
Let me give you a hand!
Below, we’ll talk about everything from etiquette to fabulous gay wedding shower decorations to gift ideas and beyond.
Let’s start with the basics, shall we?
Also, are you in a hurry? Here are our top gift recommendations for the two grooms:
Gay Wedding Shower Etiquette
Let me tell you a little secret. When it comes to planning a wedding shower for two grooms (or two brides, a bride and groom, or any other combination) there really aren’t and “rules” per se.
As long as you throw an event that makes the couple happy, anything goes.
Martha Stewart Weddings says as long as you have guests, food, and gifts, the rest is up to you. I totally agree.
However, I do have a few etiquette tips to consider, so let’s briefly go over them.
- Make sure the couple actually wants a party.
- Open the guest list up to both sexes UNLESS the grooms specifically ask for a single-sex party.
- Don’t step on any toes. If you’re not in the wedding party, ask the Best Men or Maids of Honor (whatever the case may be) if it’s okay for you to throw it
Related: Maid of Honor Gifts
Related: Maid of Honor Gifts.
- Give plenty of notice. Etiquette dictates that invites should go out 6 week before the shower. If it’s a sort of last minute thing, though, try to give guests at least two weeks.
- Be tasteful. A wedding shower is not the same as a bachelor party. In other words, now is not the time for straws shaped like male anatomy. Remember, grandmothers come to showers!
As you can see, most of the “rules” are just common sense and good manners. I know you have both, so let’s move on, shall we?
Planning a Wedding Shower for Two Grooms
Okay, now we get to have some fun! Remember what I said above though, a wedding shower is NOT a bachelor party.
So while fun will certainly be had, it’ll be the kind that grandma can enjoy.
Gay wedding shower decorations
Let’s start with the decorations. While they’re not as essential as gifts, guests and food, the right decor can really make or break a party.
The first 6 ideas are fairly color-neutral and go great with any theme.
Then, I shared two great decor sets for a blue color scheme as well as two for a black and white “Tuxedo” theme.
1. EnGAYged Wedding Banner
Here’s a simple yet fun banner that goes with pretty much any color scheme.
While it may seem more appropriate for an engagement party, if the couple skipped that it definitely works for a shower, too.
- High Quality: Made of premium quality thick cardstock papers with single-sided glitter.
- Letters cardstock and gold ribbon come separately, you need to string them together yourself.
- Easy Assembly: Just place ribbon through two pre-cut holes at the top of each cardstock and hang!
2. He Said Yes Banner
Another cute banner that works well for both an engagement party or a wedding shower, this banner comes in 25 different colors to perfectly match your theme.
- Celebrate the future grooms: Planning a surprise same sex shower party for the grooms? Looking this “Husbands To Be” sign, is perfect for gay wedding shower, engagement party ornament!
- No DIY required: Don’t want the hassle of stringing the banner? It’s okay, our banner is PRE-STRUNG and ready for hanging upon its arrival!
- Materials: Made from premium heavy glitter cardstock. Our glitter bunting adornments is a simple way to brighten up your wedding party.
3. Mr and Mr Rose Gold Balloons
I’ll be honest, I don’t really feel like this one will go with a whole lot of color schemes.
That said, it’s a fun little touch for right above the happy couple’s table. The Mr & Mr are in rose gold, while the heart is in red.
- 🌈What You Will Get: You will receive 97 pieces pride party decorations, including 60 latex balloons of 12 inches and 30 latex balloons of 5 inches (red, yellow, orange, dark blue, green, purple), 2 rainbow and 2 heart foil balloons, 1 set of gold PRIDE letter foil balloon, 1 roll of balloon tape and 1 roll of glue dots.
- 🌈Exquisite Rainbow Balloon Arch Kit: These rainbow pride decors are designed with rainbow and love elements, the balloons are composed of six colors, red, orange, yellow, green, dark blue, purple, which represents life, healing, sunlight, nature, serenity and spirit, strongly expressing your faith for love.
- 🌈Wide Application: Our pride party decorations kit is great for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender pride party, and they are also perfect decorations for rainbow LGBT party, gender-neutral events, LGBTQ pride celebration, pride day, pride month parade and more.
4. Groom to Be Chair Banner
One of my favorite gay wedding shower decorations is this simple yet stylish chair banner.
The neutral colors with the pop of teal go great with your other decor. If you’re having a joint shower, grab two!
- Open the package directly to decorate your Groom To Be themed party. The rich decoration makes your party look more beautiful.
- Are you celebrating a special Groom To Be party for someone? Our Groom To Be decoration supplies will add the perfect touch to your cake and look great at your themed party!
- Enjoy our Groom To Be Balloon. Very suitable for Groom To Be party!
5. Mr & Mr Confetti
It really is the small things, like sparkling confetti, that pull a whole shower decor look together.
If you don’t love the gold, it’s also available in silver.
- 20-Piece LGBTQ Photo Booth Props Kit INCLUDES 20 Mr. & Mr. – Gold photo booth props, 20 wooden dowel sticks and adhesives for assembly. EASY ASSEMBLY: Simply attach the printed DIY photo booth props to the wooden dowels with included adhesive and reinforcing stickers.
- PERFECT FOR ANY CROWD! Photo booth props are fun wedding party supplies for adults and kids – everyone will love the funny faces on these Mr. & Mr. – Gold photo booth props. Take entertaining and shareable party photos of your friends and family while making memories with these stylish photo booth props!
- WEDDING DECORATION IDEAS: There are many fun ways to use these cute photo booth props! Use as intended at your wedding and take party photos to share; add them to vases and floral arrangements as a fun black and gold centerpiece; or accent your gay wedding theme by displaying them in decorative candy jars!
6. Rainbow “Cards” Banner
Here’s a cute way to bring in a hint of the rainbow Pride flag without going all ROY G BIV (for those who don’t remember elementary school, that’s how we remember the colors of the rainbow).
The listing is for the banner only, so you’ll need to grab your own box for the cards.
- Buy one, get 95pcs.- Just one set is enough for Rainbow Friends party decorations,include 1 Banner, 1 tablecloth, 18 balloons, 1 topper, 24 cupcake toppers, 20 napkins, 10 invitation card, 10*7’ plates and 10*9’ plates.
- Usuful and high quality, They are made of high quality materials, safe and reusable, also is easy to decorate.
- Patterns designed for the most popular doll. We belive that your kids will be so glad to see it.
7. DIY Blue Balloon Garland & Arch Kit
So far, we’ve been looking at smaller touches that pull together all your gay wedding shower decorations. What about the big touches, though?
That’s where this balloon arch kit comes in to play. It’s perfect for a blue and gold party theme.
- ♡Package Include - Latex Balloon Package (40pcs 10inch/ 20pcs 5inch Navy Blue balloons + 23pcs 10inch/ 10pcs 5inch White balloons + 15pcs 10inch Golden balloons + 20pcs 12inch Sequin Gold balloons).
- ♡Whole Balloon Garland Accessories Kit - (1 roll of 16feet arch balloon strip tape + 2 balloon tying tools + 1 roll of 100 glue points dots + 1 roll of 32feet pink ribbon+ 5pcs of hooks) Recommended to purchase an electric balloon air pump separately.
- ♡Easy DIY Balloons Garland & Arch - Simply assembly within 30 minutes, creative and liven up your parties with your awesome idea. You could DIY any style you like, DIY it as a balloon garland kit, or sticky on wall decoration, or tie up with ribbon strip, or put on table etc.
8. White and Blue Hanging Party Decorations
If you’re looking for a paler blue look, these hanging decorations add a fun touch to the room.
The kit comes with a whopping 89 pieces, so you’ll have no problem filling the room with joy!
- Paper hanging decoration set with diverse bright color; Good for birthday, party, wedding, home decorations, baby shower and so on
- Tissue Pompom balls paper tassels and Garlands are a wonderful addition to any party and are so versatile! Hang on tables, walls, in doorways or across aisles. They're also fabulous to use as a photography backdrop!
- A mixed bright color set that will light your party/wedding/baby shower.Create fun and festive party decorations with these beautiful paper pom poms.
9. Tuxedo Foil Balloon
On the other hand, a black and white color theme is always classy! Crisp white tablecloths with black dishes looks super upscale.
Grab a few of these tuxedo balloons to scatter throughout the room for a fun little touch.
- This foil balloon would be perfect for any party or celebration that you might have
- Balloons will stay inflated (with helium) for up to 1 week! Mix and match with latex and foil balloons to create fun, festive balloon bouquets as easy party decorations that make a major impact!
- Highly Durable
10. Tuxedo Cupcake Toppers
These adorable tuxedo cupcake toppers will go fantastic with the balloon above for your “black tie” party.
Even the classiest event needs a little something fun, don’t you agree?
- Package includes: 24pcs mini cupcake toppers
- 4 styles, 6pcs for each style
- Beautiful and durable
Gay wedding shower decorations don’t have to be over-the-top (unless you want them to be).
Even just a few small touches, like elegant floating balloons and confetti, can really make a boring room special.
Now, let’s talk gifts!
Wedding shower gift ideas for gay couple
Wedding shower gifts are a happy medium between the more expensive actual wedding gift and the fun (yet totally not grandma-approved) bachelor party gifts.
According to wedding gift etiquette, you should follow a 20/20/60 rule with your gift budget.
Basically, if you can afford to spend a total of $200 on gifts, $40 goes to the engagement gift, $40 to the wedding shower, and the rest on the actual wedding gift.
In other words, you don’t have to go overboard on a present. You also don’t need to stick to their wedding registry for this one (unless they have a specific shower registry).
Let’s take a look at a few of my favorite gift ideas!
1. Personalized Lanterns
Beautiful and practical is the name of the game with these gorgeous personalized lanterns.
Not only do they make lovely home decor, they’re great for when the power goes out!
- CANDLE LANTERN DECORATIVE- DECORKEY large vintage candle lanterns create an aura of old world charm. Adds a gorgeous touch and romantic ambiance to any space with the white hexagonal metal and glass lantern having intricate cutouts that allow the light to flood through and create unique patterns. Create a charming focal point on your table or mantel with this classy lantern to celebrate the upcoming festivals!
- STURDY BUILD – Four glass window panes let light flicker through and protect the flame from drafts. Strong metal frames distressed by white brush powdering for weather resistant use. Serves as rustic decoration indoor & outdoor, ideal for yard, pathway, driveway, shelf, table, bar, photo booths, patio, porch, etc. Place a candle(up to 7″ dia) inside the lantern to illuminate your space in a soft and dreamy glow. Measures 5 1/2″Wx14 2/5″H.
- CONSUMMATE WORKMANSHIP – The scrollwork is meticulously polished and hand-painted, making each piece individually yours, this piece will add classic beauty and lends a touch of worldly flair to any setting. This candle lantern features beautiful floral cut-out detailing and a charming hexagonal/quadrangular frame. Just add a tealight candle or flameless LED and this piece radiates light through tempered glass for a calming glow. Perfect gift for Thanksging.
2. I Found My Mr. Right Mugs
I’ve seen a lot of “Mr. Right” mugs, but these are definitely the classiest!
One says, “I found my Mr. Right” and the other says, “And so did he!”
- The perfect gift for any newly gay engaged couple or gay newlyweds!
- One side of the mug will come with Bow Tie & reads "I found my Mr. Right..." with the other side that reads "... And so did He!" - Black Color Tone Mug Combo (Sold in set, 2 mugs per set.)
- Each mug comes with individual gift box. High Quality 11oz-12oz Black Tone Mugs.
3. His and His Pillowcases
Like mugs, “his and his” pillowcases are a dime a dozen, but this set is my current favorite.
The two puzzle pieces each have half a heart inside, signifying that together, they’re whole.
- ♥ GAY COUPLES PILLOWCASES - Set of 2 his and his pillowcases. Size: 30x20 inches. Fits most standard & queen size pillows.. Pillows NOT included. Color: White. Made of Cotton/polyester mix fabric
- ♥ GIFTS FOR GAY MEN - Perfect gay gifts for gay couple. Gifts for gay men for wedding, anniversary, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, engagement, housewarming, and birthday
- ♥ GAY MEN GIFT IDEAS - Cute pillowcases for gay couple. Featuring 2 boldly contrasting black and white love cartoon characters which review a love message by combining the design patterns together. They are perfect Valentine's Day gifts, wedding gifts, or anniversary gifts for your men
4. Mr. & Mr. Photo Frame
One last “Mr. and Mr.” idea, this photo frame is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors, so much more fun than the typical silver or gold.
If you don’t love the color, you can change it to one of 17 others. You can also leave it as is or personalize it.
- Size: Fits 10.2 x 15.2cm (4 x 6 inch) Photos.; Actual Frame size (finished size) is 18 x 13cm (5 x 7 inch) and the frame is 2cm wide.
- Classification: Frame, Ornament, Decoration
- Feature: Traditionally designed frame with amazing durability. Comes with easy opening tabs at the back for easy access. The frame is provided with wall hooks (portrait and landscape). Polished glass front gives a clear view of your picture and preserves the life of your photo. Extremely carefully packaged to ensure it arrives safely.
5. Whiskey Decanter Set
Wedding shower gift ideas for gay couple don’t have to say “his and his” or “Mr. and Mr.” all of the time.
This classy whisky decanter set is perfect for couples who love to unwind with a fine scotch at the end of the day.
- 🥃 A MASTERPIECE, A CONVERSATION STARTER Each world globe whiskey decanter is a skilled artisan’s hand-blown masterpiece, with a custom designed ship on the inside. Take a trip around the world, as you rotate the wiskey/wine decanter on its axis. Adds that touch of class to your living or bar décor and is guaranteed to start a conversation! 28 Oz, 850 ml, holds a full bottle of your favorite liquor
- 🥃 WHISKEY DECANTER GLOBE SET includes A tight-fitting GLASS STOPPER to keep your drinks fresh and flavorful. A metal POUR FUNNEL to fill up your liquor globe decanter with no spillage
- 🥃 Great GIFT FOR MEN on occasions such as birthday, wedding anniversary, fathers day gifts from daughter, veteran's day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year. Commonly known as rum decanter , world liquor dispenser, whisky globe decanter set, scotch decanter globe, whiskey globe set, world whiskey decanter, shot decanter, cool decanter, wine bottle globe, tequila liquor gift set, globe bourbon decanter, rum gift set, tequila sets for men, whiskey decanter stand, alchohol drink dispenser
6. Bottle Opener with Cap Catcher
Who knew a bottle opener could be so stylish? This monogrammed catcher is perfect for grooms who love to host parties.
It’s veteran-made, so you’re supporting military vets with your purchase. Since half of my family was in the Navy, that’s important to me.
- A UNIQUE GIFT IDEA - These handmade bottle openers make great personalizable gifts for many special occasions. Groomsman and wedding gifts, birthday and Christmas gifts, homebrewers, professional brewers, and beer lovers alike will all love these beer bottle openers.
- WHAT YOU GET - Each bottle opener is handcrafted from solid pine wood to measure 14” tall x 5.5” wide and 5” deep, then stained and finished to order with any personalization requests. A cast-iron rustic bottle opener is pre-installed and ready to use right out of the box.
- FREESTANDING OR WALL MOUNTED - All of our bottle openers are designed to be simply placed on any flat surface and used right out of the box. Simply set it on any counter or bar top, toolbox, bench, shelf, or wherever you like and pop open your favorite beverage. You can also mount the opener to any wall, post, or stud with a single screw and the keyhole slot on the back of the opener.
7. Handmade Pottery Mugs
Sure, you can give a set of fun Mr & Mr mugs, but if you want something a little classier, these pottery mugs are stunning.
This particular set is perfect for couples who love to travel, but the studio makes plenty of others.
8. Farmhouse Noodle Board Stove Cover
Give the grooms a gift that lets them create a stunning kitchen by hiding the less-beautiful aspects (like the stove top).
This board stove cover is surprisingly budget-friendly for a handcrafted wood piece!
- Each piece is handmade at your request and per your personalized order. Be sure to measure the intended area for use to ensure a perfect fit.
9. Bamboo Wood Charcuterie Platter
Charcuterie platters are all the rage right now. Of course, I always just called them “meat and cheese platters,” but I’m hardly fancy!
Whatever you want to call them, this set comes with everything they’ll need to create a display that looks at great as it tastes.
- PERFECT GIFT IDEA: People LOVE this cheeseboard. It’s a successful gift idea for women, men, parents, husband, wife, children and friends. We now package it in a sophisticated giftable box to make the charcuterie board set even more “wow” — for your housewarming, wedding, birthday, wine and anniversary gifts.
- LOOKS CLASSY: How to get compliments from your family and guests? Use this luxury serving board any time you need to host.
- KNIVES, LABELS & WINE OPENER: There’s a hidden drawer in our large wooden cheese board filled with goodies, including specialty bamboo cheese knives, labeling slates with a marker, a wine opener and a carrying bag.
10. Personalized Leather Luggage Tags
While honeymoon luggage itself makes a better wedding gift than a shower present, upscale luggage tags are always appreciated.
Grab two (one for each groom) of these high-quality handmade monogrammed tags.
- A standard business card size ID pocket with a snap closure to mark your luggage in style.
- Through our 50 year old leather tanning recipe, we tan the cleanest and responsibly sourced hides as well as giving the top layer a slight buff to achieve the nubuck look with a pleasant velvet-like feel.
- Optional personalization to make this a one of a kind gift for your loved ones.
If you don’t love any of these wedding shower gift ideas for gay couple, you can always give cash or gift cards. They’re always needed and appreciated.
Remember, when it comes to throwing a wedding shower for two grooms, the most important thing is to take their tastes and personality into consideration.
As long as you throw an even that you know they’ll enjoy, there really are no rules!
What are your favorite ideas for the perfect wedding shower for two grooms? Share below!
Nicole is the editor-in-chief and regular staff writer for LoveYouWedding. What does that mean? Basically, she handles all the day-to-day tasks related to managing writers and bringing you stellar content on planning the LGBTQ+ wedding of your dreams.
She loves writing about quirky and unique wedding ideas, probably because she’s pretty quirky herself!
Last update on 2023-03-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API