Want to throw an epic wedding shower for two grooms that they’re remember for the rest of their lives?
Let me give you a hand!
Below, we’ll talk about everything from etiquette to fabulous gay wedding shower decorations to gift ideas and beyond.
Let’s start with the basics, shall we?
Gay Wedding Shower Etiquette
Let me tell you a little secret. When it comes to planning a wedding shower for two grooms (or two brides, a bride and groom, or any other combination) there really aren’t and “rules” per se.
As long as you throw an event that makes the couple happy, anything goes.
Martha Stewart Weddings says as long as you have guests, food, and gifts, the rest is up to you. I totally agree.
However, I do have a few etiquette tips to consider, so let’s briefly go over them.
- Make sure the couple actually wants a party.
- Open the guest list up to both sexes UNLESS the grooms specifically ask for a single-sex party.
- Don’t step on any toes. If you’re not in the wedding party, ask the Best Men or Maids of Honor (whatever the case may be) if it’s okay for you to throw it
Related: Maid of Honor Gifts
Related: Maid of Honor Gifts.
- Give plenty of notice. Etiquette dictates that invites should go out 6 week before the shower. If it’s a sort of last minute thing, though, try to give guests at least two weeks.
- Be tasteful. A wedding shower is not the same as a bachelor party. In other words, now is not the time for straws shaped like male anatomy. Remember, grandmothers come to showers!
As you can see, most of the “rules” are just common sense and good manners. I know you have both, so let’s move on, shall we?
Planning a Wedding Shower for Two Grooms
Okay, now we get to have some fun! Remember what I said above though, a wedding shower is NOT a bachelor party.
So while fun will certainly be had, it’ll be the kind that grandma can enjoy.
Gay wedding shower decorations
Let’s start with the decorations. While they’re not as essential as gifts, guests and food, the right decor can really make or break a party.
The first 6 ideas are fairly color-neutral and go great with any theme.
Then, I shared two great decor sets for a blue color scheme as well as two for a black and white “Tuxedo” theme.
1. EnGAYged Wedding Banner
Here’s a simple yet fun banner that goes with pretty much any color scheme.
While it may seem more appropriate for an engagement party, if the couple skipped that it definitely works for a shower, too.
2. He Said Yes Banner
Another cute banner that works well for both an engagement party or a wedding shower, this banner comes in 25 different colors to perfectly match your theme.
3. Mr and Mr Rose Gold Balloons
I’ll be honest, I don’t really feel like this one will go with a whole lot of color schemes.
That said, it’s a fun little touch for right above the happy couple’s table. The Mr & Mr are in rose gold, while the heart is in red.
4. Groom to Be Chair Banner
One of my favorite gay wedding shower decorations is this simple yet stylish chair banner.
The neutral colors with the pop of teal go great with your other decor. If you’re having a joint shower, grab two!
5. Mr & Mr Confetti
It really is the small things, like sparkling confetti, that pull a whole shower decor look together.
If you don’t love the gold, it’s also available in silver.
6. Rainbow “Cards” Banner
Here’s a cute way to bring in a hint of the rainbow Pride flag without going all ROY G BIV (for those who don’t remember elementary school, that’s how we remember the colors of the rainbow).
The listing is for the banner only, so you’ll need to grab your own box for the cards.
7. DIY Blue Balloon Garland & Arch Kit
So far, we’ve been looking at smaller touches that pull together all your gay wedding shower decorations. What about the big touches, though?
That’s where this balloon arch kit comes in to play. It’s perfect for a blue and gold party theme.
- ♡Package Include - Latex Balloon Package (40pcs 10inch/ 20pcs 5inch Navy Blue balloons + 23pcs 10inch/ 10pcs 5inch White balloons + 15pcs 10inch Golden balloons + 20pcs 12inch Sequin Gold balloons).
- ♡Whole Balloon Garland Accessories Kit - (1 roll of 16feet arch balloon strip tape + 2 balloon tying tools + 1 roll of 100 glue points dots + 1 roll of 32feet pink ribbon+ 5pcs of hooks) Recommended to purchase an electric balloon air pump separately.
- ♡Easy DIY Balloons Garland & Arch - Simply assembly within 30 minutes, creative and liven up your parties with your awesome idea. You could DIY any style you like, DIY it as a balloon garland kit, or sticky on wall decoration, or tie up with ribbon strip, or put on table etc.
- ♡Party Balloons Decoration Set for Any Event - Decorating balloons at any of your celebrations! Perfect for oh baby showers, weddings, graduations, anniversaries, corporate events, engagements, BBQs, photo shoots and more!
- ♡100% SATISFATION SERVICE - Warm Remind - There is a instruction in package, you can follow them to assemble the balloon garland, and we suggest not fully inflate balloons, blowing up balloons in different size looks more perfect. We 100% guarantee you would be issued FULL REFUND if you are not satisfied with the balloons set.
8. White and Blue Hanging Party Decorations
If you’re looking for a paler blue look, these hanging decorations add a fun touch to the room.
The kit comes with a whopping 89 pieces, so you’ll have no problem filling the room with joy!
- Paper hanging decoration set with diverse bright color; Good for birthday, party, wedding, home decorations, baby shower and so on
- Tissue Pompom balls paper tassels and Garlands are a wonderful addition to any party and are so versatile! Hang on tables, walls, in doorways or across aisles. They're also fabulous to use as a photography backdrop!
- A mixed bright color set that will light your party/wedding/baby shower.Create fun and festive party decorations with these beautiful paper pom poms.
- Package include:9 pcs tissue paper flowers,2 pcs Honeycomb balls,9 pcs paper lantern , 9 pcs Paper fan flower , 60pcs balloon.
- Easy to fold. Ships flat.All in one kit and you can make a fantastic look with all these pompoms tassel garland and polka dot garland. Please note that colors can appear slightly different due to various factors: lighting, monitor, manufacturer batch color variation.
9. Tuxedo Foil Balloon
On the other hand, a black and white color theme is always classy! Crisp white tablecloths with black dishes looks super upscale.
Grab a few of these tuxedo balloons to scatter throughout the room for a fun little touch.
- This foil balloon would be perfect for any party or celebration that you might have
- Balloons will stay inflated (with helium) for up to 1 week! Mix and match with latex and foil balloons to create fun, festive balloon bouquets as easy party decorations that make a major impact!
- Highly Durable
- This product is easy to use and highly durable
- Manufactured in USA
10. Tuxedo Cupcake Toppers
These adorable tuxedo cupcake toppers will go fantastic with the balloon above for your “black tie” party.
Even the classiest event needs a little something fun, don’t you agree?
Gay wedding shower decorations don’t have to be over-the-top (unless you want them to be).
Even just a few small touches, like elegant floating balloons and confetti, can really make a boring room special.
Now, let’s talk gifts!
Wedding shower gift ideas for gay couple
Wedding shower gifts are a happy medium between the more expensive actual wedding gift and the fun (yet totally not grandma-approved) bachelor party gifts.
According to wedding gift etiquette, you should follow a 20/20/60 rule with your gift budget.
Basically, if you can afford to spend a total of $200 on gifts, $40 goes to the engagement gift, $40 to the wedding shower, and the rest on the actual wedding gift.
In other words, you don’t have to go overboard on a present. You also don’t need to stick to their wedding registry for this one (unless they have a specific shower registry).
Let’s take a look at a few of my favorite gift ideas!
1. Personalized Lanterns
Beautiful and practical is the name of the game with these gorgeous personalized lanterns.
Not only do they make lovely home decor, they’re great for when the power goes out!
2. I Found My Mr. Right Mugs
I’ve seen a lot of “Mr. Right” mugs, but these are definitely the classiest!
One says, “I found my Mr. Right” and the other says, “And so did he!”
- The perfect gift for any newly gay engaged couple or gay newlyweds!
- One side of the mug will come with Bow Tie & reads "I found my Mr. Right..." with the other side that reads "... And so did He!" - Black Color Tone Mug Combo (Sold in set, 2 mugs per set.)
- Each mug comes with individual gift box. High Quality 11oz-12oz Black Tone Mugs.
- ATTENTION: Unique Giftworks Products are made in-house at Vivid Giftworks with very strict QC. Product images represent products SOLD and SHIP ONLY by VIVID GIFTWORKS. Sellers with similar designs at lower prices are not affiliated with Vivid Giftworks, nor are they authorized resellers of our original designs.
- Microwave & Dishwasher Safe. FDA, Prop 65 & EURO Compliant
3. His and His Pillowcases
Like mugs, “his and his” pillowcases are a dime a dozen, but this set is my current favorite.
The two puzzle pieces each have half a heart inside, signifying that together, they’re whole.
- ♥ GAY COUPLES PILLOWCASES - Set of 2 his and his pillowcases. Size: 30x20 inches. Fits most standard & queen size pillows.. Pillows NOT included. Color: White. Made of Cotton/polyester mix fabric
- ♥ GIFTS FOR GAY MEN - Perfect gay gifts for gay couple. Gifts for gay men for wedding, anniversary, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, engagement, housewarming, and birthday
- ♥ GAY MEN GIFT IDEAS - Cute pillowcases for gay couple. Featuring 2 boldly contrasting black and white love cartoon characters which review a love message by combining the design patterns together. They are perfect Valentine's Day gifts, wedding gifts, or anniversary gifts for your men
- ♥ KEY FEATURES - Cotton blend fabrics make our pillowcases more long lasting, less color fading and wrinkles resistant. Envelope closure keeps the pillow from sliding out the side. Pillowcases are packed in a cute and gift-giving ready packaging box
- ♥ GAY COUPLES GIFTS - Heart-melted gifts for couples for Valentine’s Day, anniversary, wedding, and birthday. Say I love you in the sweetest, most aww-worthy way!
4. Mr. & Mr. Photo Frame
One last “Mr. and Mr.” idea, this photo frame is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors, so much more fun than the typical silver or gold.
If you don’t love the color, you can change it to one of 17 others. You can also leave it as is or personalize it.
5. Whiskey Decanter Set
Wedding shower gift ideas for gay couple don’t have to say “his and his” or “Mr. and Mr.” all of the time.
This classy whisky decanter set is perfect for couples who love to unwind with a fine scotch at the end of the day.
- A MASTERPIECE, A CONVERSATION STARTER Each world globe whiskey decanter is a skilled artisan’s hand-blown masterpiece, with a custom designed ship on the inside. Take a trip around the world, as you rotate the wiskey/wine decanter on its axis. Adds that touch of class to your living or bar décor and is guaranteed to start a conversation! 28 Oz, 850 ml, holds a full bottle of your favorite liquor
- WHISKEY DECANTER GLOBE SET includes A tight-fitting GLASS STOPPER to keep your drinks fresh and flavorful. A metal POUR FUNNEL to fill up your liquor globe decanter with no spillage
- Great GIFT FOR MEN on occasions such as birthday, wedding anniversary, fathers day gifts from daughter, veteran's day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year. Commonly known as rum decanter , world liquor dispenser, whisky globe decanter set, scotch decanter globe, whiskey globe set, world whiskey decanter, shot decanter, cool decanter, wine bottle globe, tequila liquor gift set, globe bourbon decanter, rum gift set, wiskey globe, tequila sets for men, whiskey decanter stand, alchohol drink dispenser
- CERTIFIED SAFE AND LEAD FREE Whisky Globe Decanter, Glass stopper, pour funnel are all certified and meet food safety standards. Lead free (Unlike crystal decanters)
- READY TO GIFT Comes in an attractively designed box packaging, that is ready to gift. No bring brown boxes! No boring brown boxes. In the unlikely event you aren’t delighted with the product, you can return for a full refund or replacement.
6. Bottle Opener with Cap Catcher
Who knew a bottle opener could be so stylish? This monogrammed catcher is perfect for grooms who love to host parties.
It’s veteran-made, so you’re supporting military vets with your purchase. Since half of my family was in the Navy, that’s important to me.
- A UNIQUE GIFT IDEA - These handmade bottle openers make great personalizable gifts for many special occasions. Groomsman and wedding gifts, birthday and Christmas gifts, homebrewers, professional brewers, and beer lovers alike will all love these beer bottle openers.
- WHAT YOU GET - Each bottle opener is handcrafted from solid pine wood to measure 14” tall x 5.5” wide and 5” deep, then stained and finished to order with any personalization requests. A cast-iron rustic bottle opener is pre-installed and ready to use right out of the box.
- FREESTANDING OR WALL MOUNTED - All of our bottle openers are designed to be simply placed on any flat surface and used right out of the box. Simply set it on any counter or bar top, toolbox, bench, shelf, or wherever you like and pop open your favorite beverage. You can also mount the opener to any wall, post, or stud with a single screw and the keyhole slot on the back of the opener.
- MADE IN THE USA and 100% Veteran Owned & Operated - All of our products are made and customized to order in our home woodshop in Western New York. As our business grows we have also been able to hire seasonal help from other veterans and first responders! We take pride in our work and stand by our craftsmanship, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to send me a message. My name is Ron and I will be personally responding.
7. Handmade Pottery Mugs
Sure, you can give a set of fun Mr & Mr mugs, but if you want something a little classier, these pottery mugs are stunning.
This particular set is perfect for couples who love to travel, but the studio makes plenty of others.
8. Farmhouse Noodle Board Stove Cover
Give the grooms a gift that lets them create a stunning kitchen by hiding the less-beautiful aspects (like the stove top).
This board stove cover is surprisingly budget-friendly for a handcrafted wood piece!
9. Bamboo Wood Charcuterie Platter
Charcuterie platters are all the rage right now. Of course, I always just called them “meat and cheese platters,” but I’m hardly fancy!
Whatever you want to call them, this set comes with everything they’ll need to create a display that looks at great as it tastes.
- CLASSY DESIGN: How to get compliments from your family and guests? Place this charcuterie board set on the table. It’s a luxury serving board that’ll serve you well any time you need to host.
- KNIVES, LABELS & WINE OPENER: Enjoy the special touch of the hidden drawer inside the large wooden cheese board. It’s filled with goodies, including specialty bamboo cheese knives, labeling slates with a marker, a wine opener and a carrying bag.
- ULTIMATE GIFT: Weddings, bridal showers, housewarmings and birthdays will no longer have you scratching your head. This board is a winner for every couple — your gift recipients will love it.
- STURDY & HIGH-GRADE: A Bambüsi item is a well-made item. The cheese board set is 100% bamboo, durable and expertly crafted. Our high standard will show up with your cheese cutting board.
- GROOVE AT THE EDGE: Here’s another reason why so many customers enjoy the bamboo cheese board, the groove circling the board gives you more space to lay crackers, nuts or fruit. You can fit lots of food and pair it with wine to set that special occasion atmosphere.
10. Personalized Leather Luggage Tags
While honeymoon luggage itself makes a better wedding gift than a shower present, upscale luggage tags are always appreciated.
Grab two (one for each groom) of these high-quality handmade monogrammed tags.
- A standard business card size ID pocket with a snap closure to mark your luggage in style.
- Through our 50 year old leather tanning recipe, we tan the cleanest and responsibly sourced hides as well as giving the top layer a slight buff to achieve the nubuck look with a pleasant velvet-like feel.
- Optional personalization to make this a one of a kind gift for your loved ones.
- PERSONALIZE: Make it yours with fire-branded initials. 4 Characters MAX. Numbers 0 through 9, "a" through "z" in lower or upper case, and spaces with the font TIMES NEW ROMAN. Allow special characters except emojis , . ! @ # $ % & * ( ) - + ? ♥
- Each sale helps us sponsor global education and impacts the lives of children around the world!
If you don’t love any of these wedding shower gift ideas for gay couple, you can always give cash or gift cards. They’re always needed and appreciated.
Remember, when it comes to throwing a wedding shower for two grooms, the most important thing is to take their tastes and personality into consideration.
As long as you throw an even that you know they’ll enjoy, there really are no rules!