Looking for tips on planning the perfect tea party theme bridal shower to celebrate some upcoming nuptials? I’ve got you! Since this type of shower is a favorite among my friends, I’ve actually planned a TON of them. Break out the Earl Grey or some herbal tea, below are all of my tips for success.
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. We earn a commission if you make a purchase at no extra cost to you.
8 Tea-Inspired Bridal Shower Themes to Consider
Once you’ve made up your mind to host a tea party, start planning the details. Do you imagine a classy tea party? Or perhaps a bright and cheery look?
Here are some amazing Tea-inspired Bridal Shower themes to consider:
- A Regency Inspired Tea Party
- A Colorful Mad Hatter’s Tea Party
- A Jane-Austen Literary Style Tea Party
- British-Style High Tea
- Vintage Tea Party
- A Bridgerton Inspired Tea Party
- A Floral Garden Theme Tea Party
- Downton Abbey Tea Party
Of course, you don’t have to go with one of these themes, but having a theme in mind will make it much easier to choose the appropriate décor, invites, color scheme, and activities for your tea party.
This is a modal window.
Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.
End of dialog window.
Regardless of which theme you go for, the ideas below will fit in perfectly!
Before you do anything else, take the time to plan some delicious food for your tea party menu! I like to stick with appetizers and “light” foods for my event menu. Here are some of my favorites!
Tea Party Sandwiches
When it comes to dainty little tea sandwiches, the options are endless . Some of my favorites include:
- Cheese and Veggie Sandwich
- Finger sandwiches
- Cold Cucumber Sandwiches
- Egg Sandwiches
- Smoked Chicken Sandwiches
- Smoked Salmon sandwiches
- Miniature Tuna Sandwiches
- Turkey salad sandwiches
Check out the video below for more ideas:
Tea Party Scones
You can’t have a true tea party without scones, right? Again, the options are almost limitless. Check out the recipe below for how to make British scones.
Fill them with anything from fruity jams to nutty spreads to cheese!
When planning tea party appetizers, I either stick to mess-free “dippables” (like pita and hummus) or cute little appetizers that fit on a toothpick. Here are a few ideas:
- A fresh fruit platter
- Pita chips and hummus
- Little meatballs on a toothpick
- Canapes in all different flavors 
- Little crostini appetizers
Check out the video below for crostini ideas:
Check out this recipe for madeleines:
I love creating tiered towers for my tea parties (say that five times fast!). Sandwiches are on the bottom tier, scones on the second, and desserts on the top.
If you don’t have the 3 tier stand, you can create a buffet style and serve in platters on the table.
4 Best Invitation Ideas for the Bridal Shower Tea Party
Now that you’ve planned your menu and theme, it’s time to choose the right invitation idea. Make your card as unique as you want it to be.
Everyone is anxiously awaiting the arrival of the much-anticipated invitations. Here are a few that I love:
This is an elegant invitation design with beautiful font and green leaves spirits. You can mention the time, date, and theme on it.
This is a beautiful and creative design with its cute teapot with a flowers bouquet in pretty watercolors!
I’m a HUGE Alice in Wonderland fan, so this one is definitely my favorite. Isn’t it the cutest bridal shower invitation ever?
A lovely design with a floral brunch on one side. This design is the best choice for garden tea parties.
This one is perfect if you need to send out invites right away since you get instant access right after you pay for it. Just follow the directions to use Corjl.com to edit it.
I like that you can even edit a demo before you buy to see what it will look like.
What Games Should You Play at Tea Party Bridal Shower?
You can’t have a party without games, right? Well, you could, but it would probably get boring really fast. For tea parties, I like to keep the games pretty simple. Here are a few tea party themed bridal shower games that I love.
A traditional game that allows you to find out how creative you can be and make people laugh at your skits.
3. Mad Hatter Hat Game
If you’re throwing a Mad Hatter-themed tea party, this game is a lot of fun, and it lasts throughout the entire party. Before the party, grab a ton of different hats.
Anything goes- party hats, ballcaps, top hats, literally anything at all. You can even ask each guest to bring one if you want.
Then, choose a specific word that people say a lot at a bridal shower. For example, “wedding.” The first time someone says it, the bride-to-be has to put on a hat.
Then, each time it’s uttered, she adds another, and another, and so on until she has a crazy Mad Hatter stack on her head.Don’t forget to check the candy bridal shower game!
5. Tea Scavenger Hunt Game
Before the party, hide a bunch of different types of tea around the venue (I’d stick to those that come in individual wrappers to keep things from getting crazy-messy).
Give everyone a list of the teas that you hid and challenge them to find all of them. Or, skip the list and just see who finds the most overall.
Lemon and tea go together like, well, lemon and tea! This fun modern lemon themed bridal shower game is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time for activities.
Favor Ideas for Tea Party Bridal Shower Theme
What makes a great tea party favor? It should be something inexpensive but cute and stylish. Need some ideas? Here are a few of my favorites bridal shower party favors!
A sampling of different teas is a great inexpensive favor, and this Stash sampler set makes it easy. You get 52 individually wrapped bags in a bunch of different flavors.
Grab a few sets (or even just one, depending on how many guests you have), divide them evenly, and pop them into a cute tea mug for a simple favor.
- 52 PACK TEA SAMPLER: Our Tea Bag variety contains 52 pack, around 30 different flavors. Find your favorite!
- RICH VARIETY OF FLAVORS: English Breakfast, Green, Moroccan Mint, Peach, Chamomile and more
- GREAT FOR ANY OCCASION AND PURPOSE: Perfect GIFT as a care package for college students, schools kids, co-workers, military personal, your family, friends and yourself.
- MAKE IT A GIFT: Comes in a decorative gift box with a fancy blue ribbon gift design. Indulge your family, your loved ones and yourself with Tea gift box.
Everyone needs hand sanitizer, and these cute burgundy blush minis perfectly fit a garden tea party theme.
These cups and saucers are made of fine white porcelain and feature the “Swish” design. Fill them with candies or little tea bags (they don’t come with the contents that you see in the picture).
How cute are these little jars of honey? They go perfect with your tea favors and they’re made in the USA. Have them personalized with the wedding details.
These cute handmade favors come with a tea diffuser and a small sample of one of 9 flavors (you choose) of loose tea.
They’re a bit pricier than other favors but totally worth it. They’re perfect if you just want to give one favor.
If you love the idea above but don’t really have the budget for it, these are an awesome alternative. They’re just about a buck each and you can choose from 11 flavors.
Last, but not least, package everything up in these adorable teapot favor boxes.
How to Choose the Best Decoration for a Tea Party Bridal Shower?
For tea party bridal shower decoration, you need to make sure that the venue looks beautiful.
You can choose a bright color or pastel color for the party’s theme so that the room will look bright and cheerful. Here are some that I love!
If you don’t want to spend a lot of time and money decorating, this beautiful little kit has pretty much everything you need to create a pretty atmosphere.
- 🍵What’s in the box: 12 strings of pink foil swirls, and 6pcs of floral paper card, and 6pcs of table centerpiece, and 12pcs cupcake toppers.
- 🍵Spring Easter Tea Party Hanging Swirl: This floral tea party kits made by thickness paper, and nice printed flower pattern. Great to décor home, yard outside garden party, classroom, nursery, kindergarten, office décor. This bright floral party décor kits will bring a spring atmosphere for your family and guests.
- 🍵Alice in Wonderland Party Decor Kit: These pink Vintage Floral party swirls garlands, and floral pattern centerpiece are great to décor any Alice in wonderland theme tea party birthday, wedding, baby shower, engagement, proposal, bridal shower, anniversary party, Easter and spring parties.
- 🍵Easy to décor: Pre-strung, No DIY, Just hang or attach the swirls to the wall, window, ceiling, doorway, archway, branches in trees, verandah. The floral honeycomb ball Centerpieces are great to décor the dessert party table, really lovely and unique.
- 🍵Quality Assurance: High Quality paper, long-lasting coating nice print and color.
2. Talking Tables Vintage Tea Party Supplies
Okay, so these are a bit more expensive than what I’d usually spend on paper plates, but aren’t they just adorable?
You only get enough for 12 people, so if you’re throwing a bigger shower, you could get inexpensive plates in matching colors to stretch them out more.
A simple and inexpensive idea like this goes a long way to pulling together your tea party theme. They come in four styles and about a dozen colors.
Grab this cute banner in your wedding colors for a simple decoration. Just get in touch with the seller to let them know what colors you want.
5. 3-Tier Tray
I know this doesn’t really scream “tea party decoration,” but it will once you put it all together with your finger foods, cupcakes, and other treats!
- ❤FOOD GRADE MATERIAL: Safety food-grade plastic environmental protection PP material, can be used repeatedly, small and lightweight, easy to assemble. Perfect for putting mini cupcakes, crackers, strawberries, chocolates, finger sandwiches or other small desserts on the stands when have the birthday or wedding party. Works great for a kid's tea party. If the item has any problem,please feel free to contact us.
- ❤EXQUISITE WORKMANSHIP: Multi-layered fruit plate, exquisite workmanship, solid and reliable products, large base area, and good stability. The support rod is thickened and thickened, and the bearing capacity of the fruit plate is strengthened.
- ❤ELEGANT ART DESIGN: Not only fruits & cakes & desserts plate, but also elegant decoration for your sweet home. In aesthetic design, flawless for dining room or table decoration. Suitable for party gifts.
- ❤DIY: You can DIY the color of the plate according to your own preferences. This will be a very good idea and choice.
Who gets invited to the bridal shower?
Guests who are not family or close friends should not be invited to your bridal shower. If you are arranging a bridal shower for your best friend, you may want to make sure that the guests are people who also have a great deal of affection for the bride-to-be.
What time should I start my tea party bridal shower?
If you want to go with tradition, then start your tea party at 3 or 4 PM. That’s official tea time in England ! But really, any time can be a good time for tea!
A tea-themed bridal shower is an affordable, low-key celebration that’s just loaded with class. After all, as they say, Happiness is a Cup of Tea! I hope you enjoyed these ideas!
- 1. Southern Living. Easy & Elegant Tea Sandwiches [Internet]. Southern Living. Southern Living; 2014 [cited 2021 Dec 10]. Available from: https://www.southernliving.com/food/entertaining/tea-sandwiches
- 2. Good Food team. Canapé recipes [Internet]. Bbcgoodfood.com. BBC Good Food; 2013 [cited 2021 Dec 10]. Available from: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/canape-recipes
- 3. High Tea, Afternoon Tea, Elevenses: English Tea Times For Dummies [Internet]. NPR.org. 2015 [cited 2021 Dec 10]. Available from: https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/06/30/418660351/high-tea-afternoon-tea-elevenses-english-tea-times-for-dummies
What do you think of a tea party theme bridal shower? Isn’t it beautiful? Let us know in the comments below!