Back in the 40s, a new genre of music called Rhythm and Blues was born. Who knew back then that one day, the world would fall in love with this style of music?
Today, everyone loves R&B so much that whether or not they’re African-American, they want to add these songs to their wedding playlists! So today, we have for you a list of R&B weddings songs!
Check More: Romantic Wedding Ceremony Songs
20 R&B Wedding First Dance Songs
The first dance that you and your partner will share in front of friends and family on your wedding day is one of the most beautiful moments in your life that you will cherish forever.
For this dance to be even more special, you need the perfect romantic song that speaks the words of your heart. Below is a list of beautiful R&B romantic tracks that can be ideal for the first dance that you and your spouse will share.
1. By Your Side – Sade
2. All Of Me – John Legend
3. Overjoyed – Stevie Wonder
4. No One – Alicia Keys
5. XO – Beyoncé
6. Adorn – Miguel
7. You Send Me – Sam Cooke
8. All My Life – K-Ci & JoJo
9. Back At One – Brian McKnight
10. No Place Like You – After 7
11. These Arms – All 4 One
12. Beautiful As You – All 4 one
13. Tell It Like It Is– Aaron Neville
14. Make Me Whole – Amel Larrieux
15. I’m Glad You’re Mine – Al Green
16. Found – Jacob Banks
17. Acapulco – Jason Derulo
18. Incomplete – Jay Sean
19. Dance Party – Kelly Price
20. This Love – Khalea Lynee’
Check: Frank Sinatra Wedding Songs
20 Top R & B Wedding Songs to Dance On
Even after the first dance that you share as a newlywed couple, you will still be the center of attention while your guests follow suit and take to the dance floor to sway to beautiful songs.
For that, you can select some beautiful R&B songs that will surely fill your guests’ hearts with romance.
1. You Are – Charlie Wilson
2. Love – Musiq Soulchild
3. Stay With You – John Legend
4. Love Ballad – L.T.D.
5. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
6. Happy – Ashanti
7. For You – Kenny Lattimore
8. Always – Atlantic Starr
9. Endless Love – Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
10. I Believe in You And Me – Whitney Houston
11. Baby I’m yours – Barbara Lewis
12. I’m On Your Side – Angela Bofill
13. Falling – Alicia Keys
14. Just In Case – Jaheim
15. Into You – Tamia and Fabolous
16. Spanish Guitar – Toni Braxton
17. Hold Me – Whitney Houston & Teddy Pendergrass
18. The Way You Make Me Feel – Michael Jackson
19. Big Boy – Jackson 5
20. Three Minutes To Hey Girl – George Kerr
20 R&B Wedding Songs for Bridesmaid Entrance
When your beautifully dressed bridesmaids start to make an entrance and start walking down the aisle, it is a gorgeous scene at any wedding.
This moment demands a set of wedding songs that will set the mood and make everyone excited for what’s coming next: the wedding ceremony to unite two souls in love. For the bridesmaid entrance, we have for you the world’s favorite R&B wedding song list. Check it out!
1. I Believe In You – Four tops
2. Here And Now – Luther Vandross
3. Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love – Barry White
4. Don’t Change – Musiq Soulchild
5. Giving Myself – Jennifer Hudson
6. 1+1 – Beyoncé
7. Lovely Day – Bill Withers
8. So Damn Happy – Aretha Franklin
9. My Girl – Temptations
10. Untitled (How Does It Feel) – D’Angelo
11. One In A Million – Aaliyah
12. Burn – Usher
13. Thank God I Found You – Mariah Carey ft Joe & & 98 degrees
14. Nite And Day – Al. B sure
15. Twisted – Keith Sweat
16. Ain’t That Love – Ray Charles
17. All I Have – Jennifer Lopez and LL Cool J
18. Can You Stand The Rain – Boyz 11 men
19. Wonderful World – Sam Cooke
20. Body And Soul – Soul Generation
10 R&B Wedding Processional Songs
When the wedding procession walks down the aisle, it is a grand and beautiful moment that reminds everyone present that the most beautiful moment of the ceremony is about to start.
R&B songs are ideal for the amazingly beautiful for this moment – and you have many options to add to your wedding playlist.
If you’re wondering what R&B wedding processional songs – check out the list below!
1. Halo – Beyoncé
2. Ribbon In The Sky – Stevie Wonder
3. Purple Rain – Prince
4. If I Ain’t Got You – Alicia Keys
5. Respect – Aretha Franklin
6. Ain’t Nobody – Chaka Khan
7. Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours – Stevie Wonder
8. You’re My First, My Last, My Everything – Barry White
9. September – Earth Wind & Fire
10. I Say A Little Prayer – Aretha Franklin
10 R&B Songs to Walk Down the Aisle to
The moment you will walk down the aisle is going to be full of excitement, hopes, nervousness, and dreams. It is the moment when every pair of eyes gets teary and every heart is filled with romance.
This walk down the aisle can become even more special if you succeed in choosing the perfect song. Today, we have put together a list of R&B songs for you to add to your wedding playlist.
1. This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) – Natalie Cole
2. Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations
3. Umbrella – Rihanna
4. My Boo – Usher and Alicia keys
5. After All Is Said And Done – Beyoncé
6. Angel Of Mine – Monica
7. Count On Me – Whitney Houston
8. Crazy Love – Brian McKnight
9. Because Of You – Neyo
10. American Boy – Estelle
Frequently Asked Questions
You now have a list of songs that you will love to add to your wedding playlist if you are a fan of R&B music. The charm of R&B will certainly make your night magical. But do you still have questions about R&B music and using the right songs for your wedding ceremony?
Don’t worry, because we have tried to answer the questions that I get most often – and have compiled them below to help you out!
When the gorgeously dressed bridesmaids walk down the aisle, you must ensure that the wedding DJ or band has a wonderful list of songs to play. You can pick songs like Luther Vandross’ Here and Now, John Legend’s All Of Me, Musiq Soulchild’s Don’t Change, etc., for this segment.
R&B stands for Rhythm and Blues – and it is one of the most popular music genres in the world. Smooth vocals on a melodious canvas of drumbeats, piano, harmonica, bass, guitar, trombone, trumpet, saxophone, etc., makes R&B one of the most melodious and versatile styles .
If you’re trying to curate an R&B playlist for a dance, you can choose songs like Love Ballad by L.T.D., Let’s Stay Together by Al Green, Happy by Ashanti, For You by Kenny Lattimore, Always by Atlantic Starr, etc. This playlist can be a stunning wedding dance playlist to get everyone on their feet.
For a black wedding, R&B songs can be a great addition to the playlist. There are many wonderful songs that you can use, such as All Of Me by John Legend, All My Life by K-Ci & JoJo, Purple Rain by Prince, If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys, Halo by Beyoncé, Let’s Stay Together by Al Green, etc.
The 90s was a time when the world saw the influences of many different music genres in pop music. R&B songs were huge hits at that time – and you can pick some of them for your wedding playlist, like Make It Happen by Mariah Carey, Live and Learn by Joe Public, Real Love by Mary J. Blige, etc.
The mother-son dance at a wedding is always one of the favorite segments at the ceremony. This dance can become more wonderful with R&B songs like You Are The Sunshine Of My Life by Stevie Wonder, Mama Hold My Hand by Aloe Blacc, Stand by Me by Ben E. King, and more.
When the bride dances with her father, the world realize that no one can love her more than her first hero. This moment on the dance floor needs a wonderful song like Like My Daddy by Lenasia Tyson, My Girl by The Temptations, Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder, Stand by Me by Ben E. King, etc.
R&B music is enjoyed by people all across the world because of the wide variety of soundscapes and heart-touching words. R&B songs can be perfect for a wedding where the ambiance is all about romance, happiness, and dreams. We hope that our list of songs will help you find the perfect songs for your wedding playlist – and inspire you to fall in love with love and your beautiful future.
- 1. Mark Edward Nero. The American Musical Art Form of Rhythm and Blues [Internet]. LiveAbout. 2018 [cited 2021 Dec 10]. Available from: https://www.liveabout.com/what-is-randb-music-2851217
- 2. rhythm and blues | Definition, History, Artists, Songs, & Facts | Britannica [Internet]. Encyclopædia Britannica. 2021 [cited 2021 Dec 10]. Available from: https://www.britannica.com/art/rhythm-and-blues
What are your favorite R&B wedding songs? Please let us know in the comments below!
Nicole is the editor-in-chief and regular staff writer for LoveYouWedding. What does that mean? Basically, she handles all the day-to-day tasks related to managing writers and bringing you stellar content on planning the LGBTQ+ wedding of your dreams.
She loves writing about quirky and unique wedding ideas, probably because she’s pretty quirky herself!