Metal wedding songs can be the ideal choice for hard rock lovers who want a unique wedding reception theme and mood. Sure, grandma may faint when she hears about this non-traditional wedding song plan.
But hey – it’s YOUR special day, and you deserve your favorite not-so-romantic wedding songs on the playlist. Check out our list of heavy metal wedding songs!
45 Heavy Metal Wedding Songs to Play at Your Reception
Who said that the perfect song for your wedding day has to be delicate music? You can choose metal songs by your favorite bands for the wedding march, dance floor, and wedding party! You can even request the wedding band to play an instrumental version of your favorite power ballad. Check out our list of awesome songs to play at a wedding!
- Anywhere – Avantasia
- Love from a Stone – Dark Moor
- Dreaming (tell me) – Yngwie Malmsteen
- Still Loving You – Sonata Arctica
- Not Enough – Lacuna Coil
- Love You to Death – Type O Negative
- I Just Want You – Ozzy Osbourne
- Lunatica – Song for You
- The End of Heartache – Killswitch Engage
- Judas Priest – Angel
- I Choose You – Sarah Bareilles
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love –The Darkness
- You Are The Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- Pour Some Sugar on – MeDef Leppard
- To Be with You – Mr. Big
- Party Hard – Andrew W.K.
- Katatonia – Ashen
- More Than Words – Extreme
- You Really Got Me – The Kinks
- Dream theater – Eve
- I Only Want to Be With You – Volbeat
- Angel – Judas Priest
- Center of The Universe – Kamelot
- Gods Made Heavy Metal – Manowar
- Bittersweet Memories – Bullet for my Valentine
- A Little Piece Of Heaven – Avenged Sevenfold
- You’re the Inspiration – Chicago
- I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith
- Forever – Kiss
- When You Love a Woman – Journey
- Lady – Styx
- Sealed With a Kiss – Megadeath
- I Will Follow You Into the Dark – Death Cab for Cutie
- The Only One – The Black Keys
- All I Need – Awolnation
- The Only Exception – Paramore
- In The End – Lincoln Park
- Oh, It Is Love – Hellogoodbye
- Superbeast – by Rob Zombie
- I’ll Follow You – Shinedown
- One Bedroom – Yellowcard
- I’ll Never Let You Go – Steelheart
- You Shook Me All Night Long -AC/DC
- The Trooper -Iron Maiden
- The Beautiful People – Marilyn Manson
READ MORE: 50 Instrumental Songs to Walk Down the Aisle to
10 Hard Rock Songs for Your Wedding Recessional
As the wedding party and the family members exit the church after the wedding ceremony to join the reception, you need songs to commemorate this moment of joy. Why not pick some upbeat hard rock songs to get the celebration started? Take a look at our list of popular songs in this genre.
- Bittersweet – Apocalyptica
- Love Song – Tesla
- Promises – Megadeth
- Love Me Forever – Motorhead
- Nothing Else Matters– Metallica
- This Love – Pantera
- Sleeping Sun – Nightwish
- The Heart of Mine – Pain of Salvation
- Her Ghost in the Fog – Cradle of Filth
- Sweet Nurse – Katatonia
10 Metal Songs That Are Perfect for the Bouquet Toss
When the bride tosses the bouquet, it’s a moment of fun and festivity. It deserves an awesome song with an upbeat mood. Check out our list of celebration songs that will add some energy to this special moment – the “metal” way!
- Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
- Suit & Tie – Justin Timberlake featuring Jay-Z
- Pony – Ginuwine
- Wild Thing – Tone Loc
- Flowers In Your Hair – The Lumineers
- She’s a Genius – Jet
- Butterfly – Crazy Town
- Girls Girls Girls – Motley Crue
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor
- Nothin’ But A Good Time – Poison
5 Hard Rock & Heavy Metal Father/Daughter Dance Songs
Are you wondering if a heavy metal wedding song will suit the dance floor, especially for the touching moment of a father-daughter dance? Don’t worry because a beautiful song with touching lyrics can capture the emotion of the moment – even if it is a hard rock or heavy metal track. So check out our list!
- Love Will Keep Us Alive – Eagles
- Jersey Girl – Bruce Springsteen
- Home Sweet Home – Motley Crue
- Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
- When You Need Me – Bruce Springsteen
Frequently Asked Questions
Metal music may not be the first choice for a wedding reception, especially if the couple’s families are conservative. But you can break the old rules and play with hard rock and folk metal songs or go for guitar-centric music in the genre. If you still have questions, check out our answers below!
Are there any heavy metal love songs?
If you are looking for a heavy metal love song for your wedding, do not worry. There are many romantic songs you can pick, like A Gothic Romance (Cradle of Filth), Lady Death (Tribulation), Turbo Lover (Judas Priest), and many more.
Does Iron Maiden have a love song?
As a hard rock band, Iron Maiden has the reputation of making the kind of music that you wouldn’t normally expect at a wedding. However, they do have romantic songs like That Girl and When the Wild Wind Blows for unconventional couples.
Does Nirvana have any love songs?
Kurt Cobain, the lead singer, and songwriter of Nirvana, has given many anthems to rock lovers. Of these, two iconic love songs are Love Buzz and Heart-Shaped Box. Be warned, though. They might not sit well with your wedding guests.
Heavy metal or hard rock wedding songs may not be traditional. But on your special day, don’t be afraid to choose the best wedding songs that suit your taste. You can mellow things out by having a traditional down-tempo song for the couple dance or some instrumental songs to walk down the aisle to in your playlist.
We hope you’ll find your perfect wedding song from our list!
What are your favorite metal wedding songs? Please share with us below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own blog.