Get ready to droll over some of the most hypnotically stunning LGBTQ celebrity engagement rings!
We rounded up the best of the bunch to give you a good idea of what’s hot in Hollywood.
Then, we’ll share some more affordable ways for you to get them some of them on a budget.
Let the oogling begin!
Amazing LGBTQ Celebrity Engagement Rings
Most of us are aware of Elizabeth Taylor’s 29.4-carat emerald cut Cartier engagement ring from Mike Todd in 1957.
Then there’s Paris Hilton’s $2-million diamond engagement ring from her former fiancé Chris Zylka
However, not many are aware of the gorgeous engagement rings of Portia de Rossi or Tom Daley.
So, let’s take a look at some of the most stunning LGBTQ engagement rings, shall we?
We’ll also share some of our favorite budget-friendly alternatives for a similar look.
Here is a comparison table for a quick glance at our top alternatives:
READ MORE: The Gorgeous Gender Neutral Rings
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
1. Lance Bass & Michael Turchin
Lance Bass is best known as the bass singer for the boy band NSYNC and Michael Turchin is an actor and painter.
Lance Bass announced the September 1, 2013 engagement on Instagram, with the caption- “He said YES!! Love this man.”
The caption was accompanied by a photo showing off Turchin’s engagement ring, which is a two-tone David Yurman black diamond ring with a twisted rope design.
The two married on December 20, 2014.
Get the look on a budget with this gorgeous rope-style ring from Amazon
- A designer-inspired modern stackable Knuckle Midi ring with a rope-style band. This gorgeous and sophisticated ring promises a carefree and comfortable wear. Its design is meant to accentuate your finger beautifully. Truly an inspiring piece that goes well to any addition to your jewelry collection.
- A dainty ring carefully made to perfection and truly stands out as it features a glossy finish set to accentuate its impressive gold appeal. Finely handcrafted with authentic 10 karat yellow gold in fine polished finish in detail and stylish fashion.
- ✅comes with free special gift packaging perfect for Anniversary, Birthday, Valentines day, or any occasions for mother, wife, fiancee, girlfriend, etc. or for one’s self.
2. Molly Bernard & Hannah Lieberman
Molly Bernard is an actress best known for her role as Lauren Heller on the comedy-drama television series, Younger.
Hannah Lieberman has a Juris Doctor degree from the University of California at Berkeley.
Bernard announced their engagement on Instagram on January 14, 2020, with the caption- “We said YES!” and included a photo of the couple with their dog,
Henry. Bernard’s engagement ring features a large diamond in the center, topped with a half halo.
Finding a look-alike ring is definitely a challenge, but this one has the same vintage feel.
- 10k White Gold Round, Brilliant Diamond diamond engagement wedding ring cushion halo set white gold: Finding the perfect engagement ring for your fiancée is easy with this stunning cushion halo
- Pompeii3 offers a 30 day return policy on all of its products
- Classic and functional everyday jewelry. This item would be wonderful way to express your love to your significant other and perfect gift for an anniversary, Christmas, birthday, or valentines day.
3. Rylan Clark & Dan Neal
Rylan Clark was a contestant on the 9th series of The X Factor, a British reality television music competition, where he came in 5th place.
He was also a housemate and winner of Celebrity Big Brother 11, a British reality television series.
Dan Neal was a housemate on Big Brother 14, a British reality television series.
Rylan Clark announced the engagement on Twitter on September 18, 2014 with a photo of the couple, accompanied by the caption- “Pleased to say we’re engaged.
Thank you for all your lovely messages. Myself and @DanNealOfficial are very happy xxx.”
The couple wed on November 7, 2015
Clark’s engagement ring is a white metal baguette diamond ring with 3 rows of channel set diamonds.
This look-alike from Zales is incredibly affordable!
You can also get a look-alike ring from Amazon
- Diamond Weight Variance can be +/- 0.03 carat as we try to get you the best matching diamonds.
- This Wedding Band is Embedded in 1/2 Carat Natural & Conflict-Free Diamonds.
- Beautiful Wedding Band Ring Set in 14K White Gold
Also Check: Hers And Hers Wedding Ideas
4. Tom Daley & Dustin Lance Black
Tom Daley is a British Olympic diver, while Dustin Lance Black is a director, producer and screenwriter.
They tied the knot on May 6, 2017.
Lookalike options are endless.
While we love the simplicity of their silver bands, if you want something similar but feel diamonds are a must, I love this one from Zales.
You can also get a matching silver ring from Amazon.
- DIAMONDS IN STERLING SILVER — 1.03 ct. t.w. diamond graduated pear-shaped ring in sterling silver. Round diamonds. Polished finish. 3/4 in. wide. Size 7.
- THE FINISHING TOUCH — With its pear-shape design, this gorgeous diamond ring adds a feminine accent to any style. Pair it with your casual or formal attire.
- ROSS-SIMONS QUALITY — Treat yourself to the luxury of Ross-Simons fine jewelry. Whether your selection is made of 14kt gold, 18kt gold or gorgeous sterling silver, our jewelry always makes a lasting statement.
5. Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi
Ellen DeGeneres is an actress, comedian and television host, while Portia de Rossi is an actress, model and philanthropist.
The two got engaged in May of 2008 and wed on August 16, 2008
Portia’s Neil Lane engagement ring is a 3-carat horizontally set marquise diamond, accented by small pink diamonds.
Finding a similar ring is tricky, since Neil Lane designs fairly unique items. This one from Amazon is a good pick, though!
- Houston Diamond District offers a 30 day return policy on all of its products
- Diamond Variance of Weight is +/- 6%
- We only sell 100% Natural, un-treated , conflict free diamonds.
READ MORE: Engagement Rings For Gay Couples
6. Ruby Rose & Phoebe Dahl
Ruby Rose is an actress, model and television presenter who rose to fame as a presenter on MTV Australia, from 2007-2011.
Phoebe Dahl is an activist, fashion designer and philanthropist. Phoebe Dahl’s first engagement ring was an 18-carat yellow gold solitaire.
On August 12, 2014, Dahl posted a photo of her new engagement ring on Instagram, with the caption- “Luckiest girl alive! You surprise me every day my love. I’m so proud to wear this ring.”
7. Abby Wambach & Glennon Doyle
Abby Wambach is a retired U.S. soccer player and coach, as well as a two-time Olympic gold medalist and a FIFA Women’s World Cup champion.
Glennon Doyle is a Christian author and blogger.
Doyle announced the engagement on Instagram, with the caption- “Abby and I decided to hold hands forever.
First, fiercely, and forever,” accompanied by a black and white photo of the couple’s hands, featuring diamond engagement rings.
- Made in United States
Related: 5 Equality Rings to Wear to Show Your LGBTQ Solidarity
8. Samira Wiley & Lauren Morelli
Samira Wiley is best known for her role as Poussey Washington on the Netflix comedy-drama series, Orange Is The New Black, while Lauren Morelli is a writer on the series.
Wiley announced the couple’s engagement on Instagram with a simple caption-
“Yes,” accompanied by a photo of the couple with Wiley wearing a princess-cut diamond engagement ring on a white gold band.
- Houston Diamond District offers a 30 day return policy on all of its products
- We only sell 100% Natural, conflict free diamonds.
- Direct Manufacturer Prices & Free Certificate of Authenticity
9. Chely Wright & Lauren Blitzer
Chely Wright is a country music singer and activist, while Lauren Blitzer is an LGBT rights advocate.
The couple announced their engagement on April 6, 2011 in the cutest way.
They used Scrabble squares, spelling out- “We are engaged,” along with a pair of diamond engagement rings, which the couple designed together.
We love looking at stunning LGTBQ celebrity engagements rings.
Finding lookalikes isn’t always easy, since celebs have access to custom designers.
Still, if you use their styles for inspiration, you can find some gorgeous budget-friendly rings that shine just as bright!
Which hand is the engagement ring left or right?
Traditionally, the engagement ring is worn on the fourth finger on the left hand in Western culture. This is because the ancient Romans believed this particular finger had a vein that is directly connected to the heart. This vein is referenced to as the Vena Amoris, or “the vein of love.”
How much should you spend on an engagement ring?
Most Americans spend around 4% of their annual income on an engagement ring, which is around two weeks of their salary. But this is not a strict rule that you need to follow. There are some who buy more or less than this amount.
Do both partners have an engagement ring?
With same-sex couples, there is a growing trend for both individuals to wear an engagement ring. This is because the traditional practice is that only the woman wears an engagement ring.
What happens to engagement ring after wedding?
The engagement ring continues to be worn after a wedding. But it is placed next to the wedding ring.
Which are your favorite LGBTQ celebrity engagement rings? Share below!
Deanna has a knack for finding unique vacation destinations. She regularly puts her research skills into action to find the most amazing LGBTQ-friendly honeymoon ideas.