Updated in 2022
Having a hard time coming up with the best lesbian bachelorette and bridal shower party ideas?
Let me let you in on a little secret: it’s really not as hard as you might think it is.
The key to throwing ANY type of bride-to-be party is to keep the bride in mind as you plan!
Sounds over-simplified and obvious, I know, but you’d be amazed by how many people throw the party THEY would like instead of what their best gal pal would want.
Get inspired by my favorite lesbian bachelorette and bridal shower party ideas!
You will love these ➔➔ Hers and Hers Gifts
Take a look at this table of our favorite items to use for your party!
Check: Lesbian Love Movies
10 Best Lesbian Bachelorette and Bridal Shower Party Ideas
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
I’m breaking this up into two sections: one for the bachelorette party ideas and one for the bridal shower ideas because they’re both two different things in my opinion.
Don’t miss these ➔➔ Mrs and Mrs Wedding Invites
5 Best Lesbian Bachelorette Party Ideas
A bachelorette party is typically a “last hurrah” type party. I don’t really love that term because it makes it sound like marriage is a drag and that you need to celebrate your “freedom” one last time.
I prefer to think of it as a party to say goodbye to your single life and celebrate the fact that, within a few days, you’ll be legally joined with your soul mate. Call me a sappy romantic, but I totally believe in eternal love!
Related: LGBTQ+ bachelor party ideas
Here are a few ideas that I absolutely love for a lesbian bachelorette party (or any bachelorette party, for that matter).
1. Learn Something New Party
Whether it’s a cooking class for the bride who wishes she could do more than barely boil water or a wine-tasting class for the gal who wants to keep up with her sophisticated wife-to-be, a “Learn Something New” party is a great way to bond & celebrate. Of course, there will also be plenty of laughs (especially if I’m the one doing any of the cooking)!
You have two options for this type of party:
- Actually attend a cooking class, wine tasting, etc event in your area or…
- ….create your own class!
If you want a “done for you” event, then check around your area for classes or events. Places to look include:
- Your local vocational education school (they used to call it VoTech, but I think it has a different, more upscale name now, lol)
- Bakeries, cupcakes stores, or other smaller restaurants/cafes. Even if they don’t offer a class, they may be willing to put one together for the right price!
- Wineries in your area. The Poconos, which you’d never think of as “wine country” has about 5 different wineries that offer tasting events.
Of course, you can always DIY the event!
- If one of your guest is an amazing cook, ask her to teach everyone her favorite dish!
- Got a friend who knows wine? Have her put together a wine and cheese sampler!
2. Spa Weekend
Nothing beats a weekend of relaxation with your best friends! Again, this is one of those things that can be done either away or at home.
Throwing it at an actual spa can get expensive, but there are ways to save money.
- Make a list of all the good spas in your area and call around to each one to see who has the best price.
- Do a little haggling! Ask if there is a discount for throwing the party during the week (if possible).
- Use sites like Groupon and Local Flavor to find discounts.
If you’re planning the party at your own home, here are some tips to really elevate to extraordinary:
- Hire a professional masseuse to give everyone massages!
- Get all of the ingredients to make homemade sugar scrubs, including a variety of essential oils.
- Put together fun little “welcome gift bags” with products that everyone can enjoy during the weekend. Include things like a manicure kit and nail polish in the wedding colors, luxurious face masks, and more.
Related: 20 Gorgeous Lesbian Wedding Decorations Ideas
3. Karaoke Club Crawl
Rather than doing the same old pub crawl, make it a karaoke club crawl! Just make a list of all the karaoke bars in your area and plan your night according to their schedule. If you’re going to be drinking, please just make sure you have a designated driver.
I know that’s common sense, but I still like to remind people.
We want the entire wedding party to arrive alive.
4. Girls Only Cruise
Girls only cruise is a great way to celebrate your last few days of freedom with your closest girlfriends. You’ll be able to enjoy all the amenities of a cruise ship, including the pools, restaurants, and bars, without the hassle of dealing with a bunch of guys.
Plus, you’ll get to enjoy some quality time with your girlfriends before you tie the knot. It is also a great way to see the world and experience new cultures.
Of course, not all cruises are equal. You’ll want to be sure you book a cruise designed specifically for lesbians. That way, you’ll be sure to have a good time and meet other like-minded women.
Also, you’re definitely going to have to do some advance planning for this one, but if you live near the water (even a big lake), taking a “girls only cruise” is an amazing bachelorette party idea! Check around your area for small cruise ships that offer private parties.
If you can’t find one and you have a HUGE budget to work with, go ahead and take a cruise on a major line. Yes, it won’t be “girls only,” but there’s no reason that you can’t just keep it to the girls once you’re on board!
Check these 20 Beautiful Lesbian Brides That Will Inspire You
5. Slumber Party
Slumber parties aren’t just for teenagers! Life gets so busy that it’s hard to remember the last time you and all your gal pals got to spend an entire uninterrupted evening just hanging out and enjoying each other’s company.
Things to do at your slumber party:
- Watch the cheesiest romantic movies that you can find!
- Combine it with a spa night for total relaxation.
- If you want to add a little bit of the traditional “dirtier” side of a bachelorette party, invite an adult toy representative! I have to admit, while I’m not prude, I always feel a little funny at those parties, so check with the bride to make sure she’s up for it.
6. Wine Tasting
Wine tasting is a great way to spend an afternoon with your friends. It’s even better when celebrating a special occasion, like a bachelorette party.
Not only is wine tasting a fun activity, but it’s also a great way to learn about different wines and find new ones that you and your friends will love. Plus, it’s a great excuse to drink wine!
But there are two things you’ll need to make your wine-tasting party a success.
- You’ll need to gather different wines, glassware, and appetizers.
- You’ll also need a few people to help you with the tasting – ideally, people who know a bit about wine.
Once you have your supplies, you’ll be ready to start your tasting.
Now that we’ve got the bachelorette party taken care of, let’s talk about the bridal shower!
6 Best Lesbian Bridal Shower Party Ideas
To me, a bridal shower is a more low-key event than a bachelorette party. It’s more about showering a bride with gifts to help her start her new life. Here are a few ideas that I love!
Don’t miss these ➔➔ best bachelorette party gifts
1. Jill and Jill Party
Before my brother got married, we threw him and my future sister-in-law a “Jack and Jill” shower. For a Jill and Jill shower, the same concept applies, except both brides-to-be are present. We also allow guests to bring their significant others because we have a scattered family and it just seems cruel to make my uncles drive hundreds of miles with my aunts only to have to sit somewhere else all day!
Another thing I love about these parties is it’s just that: a party. We don’t really play shower games or do anything themed, we just get together, have fun, and shower to couple with gifts! It’s low-stress on everyone.
2. Garden Tea Party
A garden tea party is one of the best lesbian bridal shower party ideas because it is a classic, elegant, and timeless event. This type of party is perfect for any couple who wants to celebrate their love definitively.
There are different ways to style a garden tea party. You can keep it simple with just a few tea sandwiches and some homemade scones or go to a gorgeous garden.
Ask everyone to get dressed up in their favorite “dressy casual” clothes, serve a variety of teas and pastries, and spend the afternoon chatting as the ladies did in Jane Austen’s time!
No matter how you style it, a garden tea party will surely be a hit with your guests.
3. Charity Shower
If the bride-to-be is passionate about a particular cause and already has everything she needs, throws a charity shower. You can do this two ways:
- Ask everyone to give a donation to the bride’s favorite cause in lieu of gifts. You can set up a box for people to leave their donations.
- Actually spend the shower volunteering at the cause. For example, if the bride is passionate about helping animals, you could all spend the day at a local rescue.
4. Eco-Friendly Shower
If the brides to be are eco-conscious (and really, we should all be at this point), throw a party that’s both planet-friendly and fun! Ask guests to bring only gifts that are environmentally friendly (like fair trade coffee, bamboo dinnerware, etc).
Here’s an idea to go the extra mile, skip wrapping the gifts and instead hide them around the house for the bride to find! Kind of like a scavenger hunt for just one person. Write hilarious clues to help her out!
5. Themed Gifts “Stock the _____” Party
I got this idea from a Stock the Bar party, in which guests bring everything a couple would need for a well-stocked bar. I’m not a big drinker, and I assume there are plenty of other brides-to-be out there that really don’t want a ton of alcohol in their house.
Instead, find out what they really need most and throw a party to help them stock that room!
- For example, a new couple moving into their first house together will definitely need a stocked kitchen.
- A couple that already has everything could use some great gifts for their honeymoon.
- You can also make it kind of funny, like “stock the bathroom!” Along with silly gifts like plenty of toilet paper (you can never have enough!), ask guests to bring more luxurious gifts, like plush towels, amazing bath salts, and more.
6. Picnic in the park
A picnic in the park is one of the best lesbian bridal shower party ideas because it is simple yet elegant. It is also a great way to show your support for the lesbian community.
Hosting a picnic in the park can create a sense of community and togetherness. This will be a day that the bride-to-be and her guests will never forget.
Also, it is a great opportunity to get creative with food and decorations. Even so, this is a perfect setting for some fun games and activities. Plus, it’s a great way to take advantage of the beautiful weather.
But here are three things you need to know while planning a picnic in the park.
- You need to ensure that the park you choose is lesbian-friendly.
- You also need to be sure that you have enough food and drinks for everyone.
- You also need to have a blanket or something to sit on.
If a lot of these best lesbian bachelorette and bridal shower party ideas seem like they could be for any bride, there’s a reason for that! Lesbian brides are just brides, plain and simple. Just because there are two brides doesn’t mean they don’t enjoy the same thing as a bride/groom couple.
Remember, the key to throwing an unforgettable event is to think of what the bride wants! If you do that, your party will be a success.
Have you ever thrown an amazing lesbian bachelorette party? How about a bridal shower? Share your tips below!
Nicole is the editor-in-chief and regular staff writer for LoveYouWedding. What does that mean? Basically, she handles all the day-to-day tasks related to managing writers and bringing you stellar content on planning the LGBTQ+ wedding of your dreams.
She loves writing about quirky and unique wedding ideas, probably because she’s pretty quirky herself!
Last update on 2024-02-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API