Looking to add a touch of Irish wedding music to your big day? Maybe you’re even planning a destination wedding in picturesque Ireland?
Either way, having a playlist with the best Irish wedding songs is the perfect way to set the mood! If you are not sure which songs to add, just keep reading for my ultimate list!
Irish Love Wedding Songs List (Top 15 Hits)
If you have an Irish theme for your wedding, you have the chance to pick some melodious Irish romantic tracks for your wedding DJ or the band to play.
I put together a list of unique romantic wedding songs – and we are sure that this list of Irish love wedding songs will help make the perfect choice for your wedding day. Now let’s take those Irish wedding traditions up a notch!
- “The Irish Wedding Song”– Andy Cooney
- “Nothing Compares 2 U” – Sinéad O’Connor
- “Green Eyes” – Coldplay
- “The Irish Wedding Dance” – Remember White
- “My Wild Irish Rose” – Keith Jarrett
- “The Sweetest Thing” – U2
- “Sweet Thing” – Van Morrison
- “When You Say Nothing at All” – Ronan Keating
- “All I Want Is You” – U2
- “Love You ‘Til the End” – The Pogues
- “Galway Girl” – Ed Sheeran
- “Beautiful Day” – U2
- “Brown Eyed Girl” – Van Morrisson
- “Rock the Boat” – The Hues Corporation
- “Lewis Bridal Song” – The Irish Rovers
Also Check: Amazing Vintage Wedding Songs
10 Beautiful Irish Father Daughter Dance Songs
The moment the bride and her father take to the dance floor, every set of eyes at the ceremony get wet and everyone realizes the simple truth – that no one can love her more than this man.
Also Check: The 2000’s Best Wedding Songs
This moment deserves the right playlist that can set the mood at the ceremony. If you are going to have an Irish wedding ceremony, you can pick from the following list for your special moment for this dance.
- ‘’Daughter of Mine’’ – John McDermott
- ‘’I love you because’’– Jim Reeves
- ‘’Gown of White” – Pat Roper
- “I Loved Her First”– Heartland
- “I’ll Stand By You” – The Pretenders
- “Daddy’s Angel” – T Carter
- “Daddy Dance With Me”– Anna Halverson
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” – The Shires
- “Fathers and Daughters” – Michael Bolton
- “Butterfly Kisses” – Bob Carlisle
Also Check: Beyonce Wedding Songs
5 Outstanding Irish Mother Son Dance Songs
For this special moment, you need beautiful wedding music. If you are having a Gaelic wedding celebration, you can choose the following Irish mother-son dance songs that will be in sync with the theme of the event.
- “A Mother’s Love is a Blessing“ – Bridie Gallagher
- “A Mother’s Son”– Derek Ryan
- “My Son”– Frank Patterson
- “You’ll Be in My Heart” – Phil Collins
- “Forever”– Dropkick Murphys
Choosing Irish Traditional Music for Your Wedding
So you want to know more about Irish traditional music, and perhaps consider using it for your big day? We got you covered through this section, which should give a quick overview of what Irish trad music is.
Irish traditional music is also known as Irish folk music. Developing from Ireland’s Gaelic roots, Irish trad frequently uses Irish instruments such as the harp, flute or oboe, bagpipe, banjo, fiddle or violin, mandolin, accordion, harmonica, and guitar.
So which Irish traditional songs can you use for your wedding? We list them below.
Irish Trad Music for Processional
- Si Bheag Si More. Originally written to be played for the harp, Si Bheag Si Mor can be used for your wedding’s processional. For reference, you can check out the version done by Katy Adelson.
- The Star of the County Down. This is an Irish ballad that was once covered by Van Morrison. To get an idea of how it sounds as an instrumental, listen to Tom C.K.’s version.
- Give Me Your Hand. This is a legendary piece that has existed since the 1600s. A truly timeless piece of music. Here’s a version done by Annelie Fahlstedt.
- Other Irish trad songs for wedding processional:
- The Bride’s Return
- The Meeting of the Waters
- Scenes of Antrim
Irish Trad Music for Unity Candle
- Blessing. This is a beautiful choice that isn’t distracting to the ears. Here’s a neat version by Ernest Hiltenbrand.
- Be Thou My Vision. A slightly more uplifting tune, this should lift everyone’s spirits. Check out Webb Family Music’s version.
- Carrickfergus. Sure, it is sentimental, but it is also beautiful. Here is the proof.
Irish Trad Music for Recessional
- O’Carolan’s Concerto. A safe choice if you like classical music. Listen to the violin rendition by Katy Adelson.
- Mairi’s Wedding. This is an upbeat piece you can use for the wedding recessional. Here’s how it sounds.
- Road to Lisdoonvarna. Give your guests something to dance to with this jig! Check out Maggie Ryan’s version.
- Other Irish trad songs for wedding recessional:
- Calliope House
- Haste to the Wedding
- Mairseail Alasdroim
Irish Trad Music for Wedding Prelude
- Down by the Sally Gardens
- Galway Bay
- Only Our Rivers Run Free
- Spancil Hill
Irish Trad Music for Wedding Interludes
- Londonderry Air. Josh Groban’s “You Raise Me Up” is based on this folk song. Here’s the instrumental version.
- Mna Na H-Eireann. Listen to Sinead O’Connor’s version. For the instrumental version, check out this version.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Here are the most common, along with the answers!
What are traditional Irish songs called?
Traditional Irish music is a form of folk songs from Ireland.  This form of music is also referred to as Irish trad or simply Irish folk music, and there are many variants of this music.
If you look at the history of this music, you will learn that it has the use of at least ten different instruments.
What is a common quality of traditional Irish music?
In the work of Irish musicians, instruments that are commonly used include the Irish harp, Uilleann pipes, bodhran, tin whistle, fiddle, and wooden flute. You will also hear the accompaniment of accordion, banjo, guitar, and bouzouki. The ornamentation and the lack of bow patterns make Irish music sound unique.
Irish music has a sound and feel of its own, with a unique use of multiple instruments. They can change the ambiance of a ceremony that is all about an Irish wedding celebration by incorporating beautiful elements and rituals of Ireland into the event.
Whether you have an Irish spouse or family – or simply feel fascinated by the culture, traditional Irish songs, as well as music by famous Irish artists can make the day special!
- 1. Wfmt.info. 2022. Available from: https://wfmt.info/2012/12/28/irish-traditional-music/#:~:text=Instrumental%20Irish%20music%20tends%20to
- 2. Paris Donnatella Callan. 10 ICONIC instruments used in traditional Irish music [Internet]. Ireland Before You Die. 2019. Available from: https://www.irelandbeforeyoudie.com/10-iconic-instruments-used-in-traditional-irish-music/
What are your favorite Irish wedding songs? Share below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own blog.