Looking to add an Irish touch to your big day? Maybe you’re even planning a destination wedding in picturesque Ireland?
Either way, having a playlist with the best Irish wedding songs is the perfect way to set the mood! If you are not sure which songs to add, just keep reading for my ultimate list!
Irish Love Wedding Songs List (Top 15 Hits)
If you have an Irish theme for your wedding, you have the chance to pick some melodious Irish romantic tracks for your wedding DJ or the band to play.
I put together a list of unique romantic wedding songs – and we are sure that this list of Irish love wedding songs will help make the perfect choice for your wedding day.
- “The Irish Wedding Song”– Andy Cooney
- “Nothing Compares 2 U” – Sinéad O’Connor
- “Green Eyes” – Coldplay
- “The Irish Wedding Dance” – Remember White
- “My Wild Irish Rose” – Keith Jarrett
- “The Sweetest Thing” – U2
- “Sweet Thing” – Van Morrison
- “When You Say Nothing at All” – Ronan Keating
- “All I Want Is You” – U2
- “Love You ‘Til the End” – The Pogues
- “Galway Girl” – Ed Sheeran
- “Beautiful Day” – U2
- “Brown Eyed Girl” – Van Morrisson
- “Rock the Boat” – The Hues Corporation
- “Lewis Bridal Song” – The Irish Rovers
Also Check: Amazing Vintage Wedding Songs
10 Beautiful Irish Father Daughter Dance Songs
The moment the bride and her father take to the dance floor, every set of eyes at the ceremony get wet and everyone realizes the simple truth – that no one can love her more than this man.
Also Check: The 2000’s Best Wedding Songs
This moment deserves the right playlist that can set the mood at the ceremony. If you are going to have an Irish wedding ceremony, you can pick from the following list for your special moment for this dance.
- ‘’Daughter of Mine’’ – John McDermott
- ‘’I love you because’’– Jim Reeves
- ‘’Gown of White” – Pat Roper
- “I Loved Her First”– Heartland
- “I’ll Stand By You” – The Pretenders
- “Daddy’s Angel” – T Carter
- “Daddy Dance With Me”– Anna Halverson
- “Daddy’s Little Girl” – The Shires
- “Fathers and Daughters” – Michael Bolton
- “Butterfly Kisses” – Bob Carlisle
Also Check: Beyonce Wedding Songs
5 Outstanding Irish Mother Son Dance Songs
For this special moment, you need beautiful wedding music. If you are having a Gaelic wedding celebration, you can choose the following Irish mother-son dance songs that will be in sync with the theme of the event.
- “A Mother’s Love is a Blessing“ – Bridie Gallagher
- “A Mother’s Son”– Derek Ryan
- “My Son”– Frank Patterson
- “You’ll Be in My Heart” – Phil Collins
- “Forever”– Dropkick Murphys
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Here are the most common, along with the answers!
What are traditional Irish songs called?
Traditional Irish music is a form of folk songs from Ireland.  This form of music is also referred to as Irish trad or simply Irish folk music, and there are many variants of this music.
If you look at the history of this music, you will learn that it has the use of at least ten different instruments.
What is a common quality of traditional Irish music?
In Irish music, instruments that are commonly used include the Irish harp, Uilleann pipes, bodhran, tin whistle, fiddle, and wooden flute. 
You will also hear the accompaniment of accordion, banjo, guitar, and bouzouki. The ornamentation and the lack of bow patterns make Irish music sound unique.
Irish music has a sound and feel of its own, with a unique use of multiple instruments. They can change the ambiance of a ceremony that is all about an Irish wedding celebration by incorporating beautiful elements and rituals of Ireland into the event.
Whether you have an Irish spouse or family – or simply feel fascinated by the culture, traditional Irish songs, as well as music by famous Irish artists can make the day special!
- 1. Wfmt.info. 2022. Available from: https://wfmt.info/2012/12/28/irish-traditional-music/#:~:text=Instrumental%20Irish%20music%20tends%20to
- 2. Paris Donnatella Callan. 10 ICONIC instruments used in traditional Irish music [Internet]. Ireland Before You Die. 2019. Available from: https://www.irelandbeforeyoudie.com/10-iconic-instruments-used-in-traditional-irish-music/
What are your favorite Irish wedding songs? Share below!