If you’re looking for the best gay wedding rings for 2023, stick around! Meeting the love of your life is one of the greatest gifts that the universe can offer. This is why tying the knot is such a big deal, and everything has to be perfect.
This is all fun, but getting the right ring may not be a walk at the park. That’s why I’m dedicating this list to the best gay wedding rings in the market to ensure you get the best.
Related: The Best Wedding Rings for Electricians
Review of the Best Gay Wedding Rings
There are so many gay engagement rings and wedding rings out there that choosing the best one for your occasion can be a daunting task.
Every seller has a reason why their rings are of the highest quality, which can eventually lead to the wrong choice. It’s just too easy to get sucked in with fancy wording, “special” offers, and pressure words like “limited edition.”
So, what are truly the best wedding bands for a gay couple? Here are my top picks.
5 Thoughtful Engagement Gifts for Gay Couples
So, what are truly the best wedding bands for same-sex couples? Here are my top picks.
1. Men’s White Gold Beveled Edge Band
Honestly, just looking at this ring gives me goosebumps. It has a channel set of 9 bright round diamonds in 10k white gold.
It’s perfectly designed with a beveled edge to ensure it fits comfortably. The ring has a faceted high polish finish, so you’re sure it’s an absolute beauty.
You can check out the ring on Amazon.
This handsome men’s band features a channel set of 9 round diamonds in 10k white gold. It is designed with a bezeled edge for fit and comfort and a faceted high polish finish. Diamonds are 1/2ctw, K or better in color, and I1 in clarity. This band measures 8mm in width.
- FOREVER WEDDING BAND: Easy to wear and smooth inside. This band is made in the USA of 100% responsibly sourced gold. with unparalleled craftsmanship and meets the exacting standards of 14K Gold.
- MENS BAND: Our wedding band is the perfect way to celebrate your special connection. It is the universal symbol that celebrates your marriage and your love without end. On your wedding day make this solid 14K gold band the icon of your true love
- REAL SOLID 14K WHITE GOLD: This timeless 6MM wedding band is created of 14 Karat Gold with no beginning or end. It has a soft rounded interior that allows for a smoother glide over the knuckles, while still maintaining a snug fit and the ultimate in luxury feel.
2. Ellaura Embrace Diamond Wedding Ring
This is another fantastic wedding band. It has 12 channel-set princess-cut diamonds in 14k white gold.
Although many people see it as more of an anniversary ring, it’s also amazing as a wedding band.
If you love the combination of white gold and diamond rings, then you’ll fall in love with this ring.
Check out this ring on Amazon.
From the Ellaura Embrace Collection, this 14k white gold anniversary ring features 12 channel-set princess diamonds. Diamonds are 1ctw, I in color and I2 or better in clarity. The ring is 4.5mm at the top and tapers down to 3mm at the bottom. It is a choice pick gay ring and is quite popular among lesbian couples.
- All our diamond suppliers confirm that they comply with the Kimberley Process to ensure that their diamonds are conflict free
3. Benchmark Yellow Gold European Comfort Bid Wedding Ring
If you want a traditional feel on your big day, then you’ll love this ring. Yellow gold rings have been the most popular wedding bands since time immemorial.
This is one ring that is commonly worn by people in same-sex marriages and gay marriages. The ring is also pocket friendly, but that doesn’t mean it’s not good enough. It has a very comfortable fitting that allows a smooth slide on the knuckles.
This ring is available on Amazon.
Symbolize your everlasting love with this classic and elegant wedding band from Benchmark. Timeless in style, this 10k yellow gold ring is 4.5mm in width and boasts a traditional polished finish with modern comfort fit technology.
- Elegant Ring Box Included
- 10k Yellow Gold GUARANTEED, Authenticated with a 10k Stamp
- Jewelry Gifts For Women And Gifts For Men Including Gift For Mom; Wife; Mother; Father; Daddy; Daughter; Son; Sister; Brother; Friend; Coworker; Employee; Teacher; Neice or Nephew
4. Benchmark Black Cobalt and Rosewood Inlay Comfort Fit Band
If your partner loves something unique, this is one of the best gay wedding rings you can get them.
The ring has a combination of an organic and modern touch. The ring is crafted in blackened cobalt and features a fantastic rosewood inlay.
This wedding band has a domed interior that allows for smooth slide-over knuckles while still having a snug fit.
And even with all these quality material features, the ring is very affordable.
Benchmark Black Cobalt and Rosewood Inlay Comfort Fit Band, 8mm
This contemporary 8mm band from Benchmark combines modern sleekness with an organic touch. This distinctive ring is crafted in blackened cobalt and features a handsome rosewood inlay.
Buy the ring on Amazon.
5. Triton Black Tungsten Carbide Comfort Fit Band
This is one of the most affordable yet beautiful gay wedding bands on this list. It’s black in color and has a very rounded interior giving it a comfortable fit.
Tungsten is great for hardworking men as it’s strong and resistant to scratches. It can also be easily broken during emergencies, which makes it a perfect fit for construction workers.
That said, you don’t have to be in these professions to get this ring. You can buy the ring if you’re looking for something that will maintain its glow for a long time.
You can see more details on this wedding band on Amazon.
This 6mm black tungsten carbide comfort fit band from TRITON features satin and high polish finishes. All TRITON tungsten carbide bands contain a patented TC.850 formula for a scratch-resistant, forever polished luster. Available in men’s and ladies’ sizes.
- 8mm width
- Brick Pattern featuring a satin center and high polished edges
- Extremely Durable
6. Benchmark Cobalt Satin Centre Round Edge Comfort Wedding Band
Cobalt, commonly known as cobalt chrome, has become a great alternative metal in the jewelry industry. It’s an excellent alternative for platinum or white gold, and there are so many advantages that come with it.
First, cobalt rings look very similar to a white gold ring, yet its cheaper and don’t require any polishing to maintain the glow.
The cobalt ring is also very strong, durable, and scratch-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about any damages.
You can buy this cobalt wedding band on Amazon.
From Benchmark, this unique cobalt 6mm comfort-fit satin-finished band features a highly polished round edge that exemplifies subtle yet impeccable style. As a comfort fit band, this ring has a domed interior that allows for a smoother glide over the knuckles while maintaining a snug fit.
7. Diamond Ring in 14k White Gold
This is a perfect gay wedding ring for individuals who love something fancy. This wedding band has a beautiful pattern that makes it stand out from other wedding bands.
It’s made from pure diamond, and if well taken care of, it can maintain its glow forever. The inner fitting is comfortable and slides perfectly over your knuckles.
You can buy the ring on Amazon.
14K white gold ring with 113 round brilliant cut diamonds weighing approximately 3/4 ct. tw.
8. Black Diamond Chevron Ring in Sterling Silver
Do you consider yourself a unicorn? And love to try something ‘crazy’ and different once in a while?
Well, I have something for you.
The black diamond chevron ring is different in that, unlike other wedding bands that are circular, it’s triangular. It’s somewhat shaped like a heart.
It’s white on the inner side and black on the outside and appears like two hearts. The ring allows you to wear your heart and your partner’s heart as a symbol you always belong together.
Check out this wedding band on Amazon.
Sterling silver chevron ring with 42 round brilliant cut black diamonds weighing approximately 1/3 c t. tw.
- BLACK AND WHITE DIAMONDS AND STERLING SILVER — 1.50 ct. t.w. black and white diamond ring in sterling silver. Round brilliant-cut black and white diamonds. Polished finish. 3/8 in. wide. Size 5.
- IDEAL FOR EVERYDAY WEAR — With its essential design, this sophisticated ring wears well whether you’re running errands, in the office or out with the girls.
- ROSS-SIMONS QUALITY — Treat yourself to the luxury of Ross-Simons fine jewelry. Whether your selection is made of 14kt gold, 18kt gold or gorgeous sterling silver, our jewelry always makes a lasting statement.
9. Men’s Bevel Edge Matte Finish Band in Platinum
Platinum rings are becoming very popular, and they’ve sparked a tough war of white gold vs. platinum.
And this isn’t without reason.
Platinum rings come with many benefits. One, they’re hypoallergenic, so if you’re looking for something that won’t result in any allergies, this ring is your best shot.
Since platinum is naturally white, there is no need to combine it with nickel, which can be allergic to some people.
Also, this platinum ring is low maintenance; it’s strong and doesn’t require regular polishing.
You can buy the ring from Amazon.
Men’s platinum 7 millimeter broken beveled edge matte finish double pencil rails comfort fit band
- Scratch-Resistant Premium Tungsten Carbide: Crafted from high-quality tungsten carbide, this ring combines durability with a sophisticated aesthetic. Designed to withstand the rigors of daily life, the scratch-resistant surface keeps the ring looking polished and refined for years to come.
- Comfort Fit Interior Design: Engineered for all-day comfort, the ring features a rounded smooth interior, ensuring a snug fit without sacrificing comfort or style. Due to the nature of comfort fit we recommend choosing a ½ size down from your standard fit ring size.
- Modern And Versatile Multi Tone Finish: The modern brushed grey finish with polished black edges combined with 18k Rose Gold plated accents adds a touch of elegance, making it the perfect choice for weddings, engagements, or every day wear.
10. Men’s Band in Tantalum
This is another alternative to the usual wedding band metals. Tantalum rings are slowly being introduced in the market, and they’re getting a great reception.
The tantalum wedding band is strong, durable, and resistant to scratches. It’s naturally shiny, which makes it very beautiful.
The wedding band is very masculine and is best for someone who wants something different, unique, and eye-catching.
You can buy the ring from Amazon.
Tantalum is a rare, blue-gray colored dense earth metal. One of the five major refractory metals in the world, Tantalum is extremely heat and wear resistant, and has the third highest melting point of all the elements. Tantalum’s rarity is due to a difficult attaining process, and based on the current rate of extraction, it is estimated there are less than 50 years of Tantalum resources left.
- Classic Wedding Ring – Celebrate love with Eros Jewelry’s newest concept in contemporary wedding rings; The 6.5MM Tantalum and 14 Karat Yellow Gold Ring with Satin Finish and Yellow Gold Center Stripe is an elegant and clean look for the modern man
- Uniquely Designed – Hypoallergenic, impervious to breakage and corrosion, and easy to remove in an emergency; Discreet and practical for everyday wear while adding a touch of classic sophistication
- Lightweight & Comfortable – Designed to last a lifetime, this wedding ring is made with pure high quality, premium materials; Durable and comfortable fit, perfect to wear everyday as a symbol of your love and commitment
11. Men’s Concrete Pattern Band in Black Titanium
This is a great gay wedding ring choice. This black titanium ring is very comfortable and lightweight. So, it’s ideal for someone who doesn’t like heavy metals or people who aren’t used to wearing lots of jewelry.
The ring is very affordable, and it’s a good investment because it maintains its appearance for a lifetime. This titanium wedding band is also durable, and they don’t bend or melt under normal conditions.
To polish the ring, you can simply wash it with soap and water at home.
Buy this black titanium wedding band at Amazon.
Titanium has superior structural integrity and is three times stronger than steel. Titanium is very light weight (1/3 as much as gold). Titanium also plays a role in gems. Traces of titanium dioxide impurities cause the asterism phenomenon in star sapphires and rubies. Blue sapphires can get their blue color from traces of titanium as well.
- THE CHOICE OF EXCELLENCE and Quality with award winning designs in Men’s and Women’s Wedding Bands for today. Thorsten Rings is leading the wedding band industry with popular and eye-catching designs using the finest and strongest materials that results in a wedding band that is unmatched by others.
- FINEST STRONGEST METALS and materials with a LIFETIME WARRANTY – Expert craftsmanship that is warranted for a lifetime to be free of defects. Any wedding band that fails to meet our standards of excellence will be replaced under the Thorsten Rings Lifetime Warranty
- GETTING THE RIGHT SIZE – We recommend visiting a local jeweler as the quickest way to finding out your size for your Comfort Fit wedding band. We will also be happy to send you a complimentary ring sizer by simply messaging us. We are here to be of service with finding your perfect size and perfect wedding band to last a lifetime. A Lifetime Size Exchange is included with all Thorsten Rings.
12. His and His Matte Wedding Bands
His and his wedding rings are slowly becoming a trend among gay couples. But don’t feel pressured to go for them if you don’t really like them.
These wedding rings work well if you’ve got the same taste in jewelry. And you love the idea of having matching wedding bands.
Yet, if you’re both allergic to certain metals and can’t find common ground, it’s best to find other ways to customize your wedding bands.
You can buy matching wedding bands on Amazon.
These wedding band are for her ones who love sparkles and bling! These handmade titanium rings have three natural and brilliantly cut cubic zircon studded in the ring that has a matte finishing at the top and as always, you can get a design or phrase with numbers and symbols engraved on it to make it more special!
- STYLE: Elegant sterling silver milgrain edged band with a 3.3mm width shank set with diamond accents in a delicate pattern
- MATERIAL: Round White Diamond,IJ,I2-I3,0.05 Carats. Carat weight is the total carat weight for all stones.
- DETAILS: Available in Sterling Silver
13. Damascus Steel Ring Fossil Wood
If you don’t want anything mundane, then this Damascus steel ring is a great choice. One of the greatest pros of the rings is that they are very durable and can stand the test of time.
It also requires minimal upkeep. If it accrues dirt or grease, all you need to do is wash it with soap.
And when it comes to beauty, the ring has an epic appearance on your finger. The ring is made of natural no dye fossil wood, which makes it fit very comfortably.
You can buy this ring from Amazon.
This ring is made of Damascus steel hand forged and easy to cut. It is made for man and woman wedding and anniversary occasions.
No products found.
What Should You Consider Before Getting a Wedding Ring?
The universally recognized symbol of a couple’s devotion to their love is their wedding ring. The ring’s circle shape, which has no beginning and no end, represents the promise of a lifetime of marriage. Today same-sex couples are getting married all over the country since gay marriage became legal.
Most LGBT couples frequently debate what customs, if any, they should embrace when wearing their round emblems of love because there is no set homosexual marriage tradition. However, the best decision to take is to choose wedding rings that are to the taste of you and your spouse.
To make this decision there are factors you need to put into consideration before getting the wedding rings. Below are some of the factors.
Do You Both Want Matching Wedding Rings?
Couples of the same sex are not required to wear matching wedding bands any more than heterosexual couples are. In this era, everything is a matter of personal choice. Everyone should be given a ring that they adore and want to wear. Also, the rings should express their distinct personalities, tastes, and fashion sense. But if the same ring has both of you spellbound, go for it. And that shouldn’t be a shock to you if you both like the same ring. This is because you probably wouldn’t get married without at least some shared interests.
What Material Should Be Used for Your Wedding Rings?
Since you and your partner will wear your wedding rings for the rest of your life, they should be crafted of the material that appeals to you the most. Having said that, purchasing a material that is strong and long-lasting is the most crucial factor to consider. The most popular material for wedding bands is gold, platinum, and diamonds.
However, for gay couples on a tight budget who don’t want to compromise on quality cobalt, steel or tungsten are reliable alternatives to gold or any of the pricier materials. Yes, these materials are of low quality compared to the pricey materials but the life of the rings can be extended with proper maintenance and care.
Also, when making your choice, don’t forget about your health. This is because you may be allergic to some of the materials.
Your Partner’s Ring Size
This is a very vital factor to consider especially if you want to go do the shopping alone to surprise them. You can measure their ring finger with a plastic band while they’re sleeping, then try it on your finger and mark where it fits. You can also ask their best friend. But if you want to make it fun, take them wedding ring shopping for amusement, and have them come back and tell you what they found.
A guide for ring sizes called the ring size chart is another option. However, having a jeweler measure your loved one’s finger is the most precise approach to determining their ring size. This is because wedding rings are worn daily, so the size should be comfortable; not too little or too large.
When creating a proper budget, a lot of elements will need to be taken into consideration. Some people believe that a wedding ring should cost three months’ worth of wages, however, this is not a rule. When choosing a wedding ring, you must strike a balance between your financial needs and the symbol of investment in the relationship you want to convey.
Before deciding on a budget for the ring, it is crucial to determine what matters the most to you and your partner. When discussing wedding rings, the budget is frequently viewed as a component of the whole cost of the event.
But if you have a budget in mind, look around online to find rings that fall into that range. If you discover that your partner would prefer a more expensive choice, you might want to tweak the budget, pick up a second job, or look into financing to cover the cost of the item.
Also Check: LGBTQIA Engagement Rings
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the commonly asked questions on gay wending bands.
What metal should our wedding rings be?
Your wedding band should be the metal that you’ll be happy wearing for the rest of your life.
That said, it’s important to consider other factors such as strength and durability. For instance, if you’re a construction worker, a platinum ring may be better than a yellow gold ring. Check our list of wedding bands for mechanics!
The other thing you have to consider is your budget. If you’re on a tight budget and are not open to financing, try other metal alternatives such as tungsten, cobalt, or steel. These rings will look equally great with care.
What should I engrave on my GAY husband’s wedding band?
A wedding ring is very special because it’s something that you’ll wear for the rest of your life, after the wedding day.
Many people engrave a special message on the inner side of the ring to make it more sentimental. The message isn’t visible to outsiders. It’s just something special that means something to the couple.
Here are some great ideas on engraving on gay wedding rings.
- Different languages. If you come from different countries, you can write the terms’ forever’ or ‘I love you’ in your first languages. You could also write in the languages of the countries you’ve visited together as a couple.
- Split messages. This is an amazing way of connecting both rings. For example, one of the rings could have the message ‘forever,’ and the other could have the message ‘& always.’ It doesn’t have to make sense to anyone else but you two.
- Children. This is perfect if you two have kids and want to blend your families. To do this, you can engrave the initials of all your kids’ names on your rings.
- Geographical coordinates. This could be coordinates of the first place you met, the first place you went for a vacation together, or the wedding venue, any location that’s special to both of you.
- Partner’s name and wedding date. This is the most common engraved message. You have your partner’s name and wedding date on your ring, and vice versa.
That said, don’t limit yourself to the above messages. Feel free to explore any other possible options. Anything special to the two of you is a perfect message. Here are more ideas.
What finger do gay guys wear wedding rings on?
There are many options when it comes to where to wear a ring for same-sex couples. Some of them include:
- The right finger of the left hand. This is the traditional position for a ring. The logic behind this was that the finger contains a vein that pumps blood directly to the heart, making it sentimental.
- The right ring finger. Some same-sex couples wear their wedding ring on their right ringer finger. For some, it’s simply to keep their relationship private, while for others, it’s simply to show their love is unique yet beautiful.
- Pinkie finger. Some traditional gay men also wear their wedding rings on their pinkie finger.
- Other alternatives. If you don’t want to wear any ring on your finger, there are other alternatives. For example, you can wear your ring on a chain around your neck. This is great, especially if you’re in the industrial or healthcare environments.
Best Gay Wedding Bands (Final Verdict)
Obviously, your love is the most important thing, but in my personal opinion, a wedding ring is the most important physical object on the wedding day. I know I’m giving it too much weight, but it’s the one thing that you’ll wear every day that connects you to your partner.
It’s a constant reminder of your love and the beautiful memories you’ve shared together.
Therefore, it’s important to take your time when choosing a wedding ring to ensure it lasts and doesn’t have to be replaced.
Are you currently hunting for the best gay wedding rings? What are some of the challenges that you’re facing? Please share with us in the comment section.
I’m a freelance journalist/writer/content marketer with BA Hons in Journalism.