Looking for some great gay wedding gift ideas for your two favorite grooms?
From simple yet meaningful to over-the-top fabulous, I’ve got you covered with plenty of ideas that will fit into pretty much any budget!
We’ll even check out a high-end group gifts to buy together with other friends & family.
First, though, let’s talk gay wedding gift etiquette, then we’ll check out my favorite presents to buy.
Gay Wedding Gift Etiquette Dos & Don’ts
Whether you’re buying a wedding present for two grooms, two brides, or a bride and groom, there are some things you should and shouldn’t do.
For the most part, gay wedding gift etiquette is exactly the same as heterosexual wedding gift etiquette.
In fact, assuming that they’re different is the first mistake (or don’t). Let me explain.
1. DON’T assume that gay couples want or need rainbow gifts
First things first, don’t assume that every gay couple wants a plethora of rainbow-colored presents or “his and his” gifts.
That’s just a crass (and let’s be honest, prejudiced) assumption.
Think about it this way, would you want a mountain of “his and hers” gifts at your own wedding, or would you prefer things you actually need? Which brings us to…
Related: 7 Beautiful Gay Wedding Traditions
2. DO shop from their registry!
I can’t repeat this often enough: couples set up a registry for a reason, so it should be your first stop on your gift buying journey.
If you want to buy something outside of the registry, make it an extra and not the main gift.
3. Do make it easy for them to exchange your gift if necessary
Still want to buy something really great that’s not on their registry?
Okay, fine, go ahead. Just make sure you give them the gift receipt and don’t get offended if they exchange it.
In fact, even if you do buy from the registry, stick the gift receipt (the one without the price) in the box. If they do exchange it, don’t get offended.
Sometimes couples get multiples of the same gift because someone didn’t update the registry
Or maybe Great Aunt May sends them something similar to your gift and they have to choose between returning yours or offended their poor sweet elderly aunt.
Whatever the reason, just make it easy on them buy providing the receipt and not demanding proof that they’re actually using your gift (like saying, “Oh, I want to see how it works, send me a selfie with it!”)
4. DON’T bring it to the wedding unless you’re directed to do so
Unless you’re told otherwise, it’s better to send your gift directly to the couple (which is where buying from the registry comes in handy) rather than bringing it to the actual wedding.
Many venues just don’t have enough room (or security) to accommodate a mountain of gifts. Even if they do, the happy couple’s car most certainly doesn’t!
5. DO give from the heart
Last but far from least, give from the heart. Not your ego. Not your wallet (well, maybe your wallet if they ask for cash), but from your heart.
Don’t feel bad if you can’t afford the best gift on their wish list. It really is the thought that counts, so be thoughtful!
Now that we’ve covered gay wedding gift etiquette, let’s check out some of my favorite gift ideas!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
10 Fantastic Gay Wedding Gift Ideas
Although I said not to go crazy with his and his gifts, I am including a few fun and meaningful ideas specifically for two grooms.
Then, we’ll look at some practical ideas that just about every couple needs (even if they don’t know it!), including a few pricier items for a group gift.
Personalized His and His Gay Wedding Gift Ideas
Check out the tables for a quick peek (you’ll find the second one above #6) then read on for more details.
1. Mr. & Mr. Personalized Bedding
If you’re looking for something practical yet personal, this Mr. & Mr. bedding set is a super cute idea.
Unlike other his and his bed sets that I’ve seen, this set is actually personalized with their names inside the infinity symbol.
It comes with a duvet cover and two pillow cases. It’s a great add-on gift if you’re buying a comforter from their registry.
If you’re not, go the extra mile and include one with it. I like this one because it’s inexpensive yet cozy.
2. Love Wins Melted Crayon Art Canvas Painting
I’ve mentioned this particular item when talking about great lesbian wedding gift ideas and it was a huge hit.
If you want to incorporate the rainbow flag in your wedding present for two men, this is definitely the way to do it.
It’s a beautifully handmade work of art that not only reflects the “love wins” message but also helps support an independent artist.
3. Custom Ceramic Wedding Platter for two Grooms
For a truly unique wedding present for two men, we once again turn to Amazon Handmade and find this original ceramic platter.
The hand-painted gift features the beautiful sentiment, ” I have found the beloved of my soul” along with personalized names and their wedding date.
4. Framed Map Art Heart Map
I’m in love with this framed map centering on the couple’s wedding location (or any location you choose, really).
It’s so personal and meaningful that I can almost guarantee no one else will think of it (so they won’t have two of the same item!).
Plus, it comes in a nice frame so it’s ready for wrapping and giving!
5. Groom & Groom Shadowbox Gift
Another super unique wedding gift for two grooms, this one comes in a few different styles.
You can personalize the names, date, groom colors and even the little heart’s colors.
If you don’t love the palm tree version (which I do), check out other selections on the Paint & Paper Craft storefront.
We focused on the personal (& personalized), now let’s focus on the functional!
Functional Gifts for Every Couple
Below are gifts that every new couple needs, even if they don’t realize it! They may not be as fun as the above gifts, but they’ll definitely be appreciated!
Some of them are pricey, so grab a few friends to go in on them with you if need be.
Again, check out the table first, then read on for more details.
6. Echo Plus from Amazon
The Echo Plus (or the more budget-friendly Echo Dot) is one of those great gifts that you really can’t have too many of.
Well, I suppose you could.
I mean, you probably don’t need ten of them for a 1-bedroom apartment, but really, I have 4 dots in my house and still find places where I think “hey, I could use one in here!”
This baby let’s them do everything from turn on their lights from outside their home to set up the ultimate romantic night in playlist!
- Meet the Echo Plus - Same great sound as our Echo (3rd Gen) with a built-in Zigbee hub to easily setup and control your compatible smart home devices.
- Enjoy premium sound - Personalize your listening experience by adjusting the equalizer settings. Or pair with a second Echo Plus (2nd Gen) or Echo (3rd Gen) for stereo sound and add more bass with an Echo Sub.
- Voice control your music - Ask Alexa for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, and more. With multi-room music, play music on compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Voice control your smart home - Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors, and more with compatible connected devices. Create routines to start and end your day.
- Keep your family in sync - Use your Alexa devices like an intercom and talk to any room in the house with Drop In and Announcements.
7. Wine Chiller
For the couple who loves kicking back with a glass of wine, you really can’t go wrong with a wine chiller.
I like this particular model because it’s relatively compact and designed to fit on the countertop, yet it doesn’t scrimp on the features.
It holds 12 bottles and runs ultra-quiet so it won’t overwhelm the conversation. Go the extra mile by filling it up with some great vintages!
This is one of those gifts that you’ll want to make sure they don’t have, though. While it’s good to have more than one, you can have too many!
8. Instant Pot Smart WiFi Cooker
The Instant Pot trend doesn’t seem to be losing steam (pardon the pun) anytime soon, and for a good reason.
This versatile pressure cooker/ slow cooker lets your favorite couple make anything imaginable, even if their culinary skills aren’t exactly as Master Chef level.
I can say that with certainty because I have one and I’m not what one would call a great cook.
This particular model even works with the aforementioned Echo Plus! While I only have one, I’m told by cooking aficionados that you can never have too many!
- Cooks fast and saves time: The Instant Pot Smart Wifi combines 8 kitchen appliances in one: Pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, Saute pan, steamer, and warmer
- Consistently delicious: 13 one-touch smart programs put cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more on autopilot – with tasty results
- Connected for ease of use: Compatible with Alexa and wifi - control your Instant Pot Smart Wifi in the palm of your hand with the Instant Pot app or through voice with Alexa. Includes access to 1,000+ pre-programmed recipes and verify cooking progress, share cooker access with family, and receive alerts on your mobile device
- Accessories included: Stainless steel steam rack with handles, rice paddle, soup spoon, measuring cup and condensation collector. Power supply - 120V-60Hz
- Advanced safety protection: The 10+ built-in safety features, including overheat protection, safety Lock and more to ensure safe pressure cooking
9. Premium Tool Kit
Now, don’t assume that I’m putting this on the list because we’re talking about gifts for guys.
Every single home should have a really good tool kit, and you can’t get much better than DEWALT tools.
It comes with things like a high-end hammer, drill, and different types of saws.
Basically, the essentials needed for everything from hanging up a picture to fixing a broken window!
- DEWALT 20V Max Lithium Ion batteries offer longer tool runtime & enhanced durability
- No memory and virtually no self-discharge for maximum productivity and less downtime. Tools Included: Impact Driver, Hammer Drill, Worklight, Circular Saw, Reciprocating Saw
- DCD985 20V MAX hammerdrill with patented 3-speed all-metal transmission and 1/2" all metal ratcheting chuck
- DCF885 20V MAX 1/4" impact driver features 3 LED lights with 20 second delay to provide visibility without shadows
- Power tool type is cordless
10. A Really Good Coffee Maker
Maybe it’s just my over-caffeinated brain talking, but I truly believe that every coffee-loving couple deserves a stellar combination coffee/espresso maker.
While there are a bunch that proverbial land on my own wish list (did I mention I’m a coffee fanatic?), I’m loving this De’Longhi right now because it does everything and then some.
Make regular coffee with the drip maker side or go crazy with cappuccino, espresso and lattes with the fancier side.
- One machine does it all: One side makes authentic 15-bar espresso, cappuccino and latte, while the other side brews exceptionally delicious coffee.
- Flavor savor brew system: De’longhi’s patented coffee brewing system extracts maximum flavor and aroma for a robust coffee experience.
- Front-loading system: Both water and coffee reservoirs are conveniently located with frontal access for drip coffee – no need to move the machine.
- Your foam, your way: The advanced cappuccino system mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for evenly textured drinks – just the way you like them.
- Filtered water for a better brew: The advanced active carbon filter keeps water fresh and free of impurities for better-tasting brewed coffee.
Any of these would make perfect gay wedding gift ideas, although I’m partial to the coffee maker from the functional list and that beautiful rainbow crayon art canvas from the personalized list.
How about you? What are some of your favorite gay wedding gift ideas? Share below!
Last update on 2020-08-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API