The garter toss is a fun and exciting moment during the wedding ceremony, and the perfect song can take it to the next level. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of 140 of the best songs for the garter toss to help make your night long celebration one to remember.
From upbeat hits like “Single Ladies” by Beyoncé to classic favorites like “I Want You Back” by The Jackson 5, this playlist has something for every taste.
These songs are sure to get your guests on their feet and in the party spirit, making the garter toss an unforgettable moment in the wedding ceremony.
Whether you’re looking for a modern or a classic touch, this playlist has got you covered. So, let the music set the tone for a night of fun and celebration, and toss that garter with style.
Don’t forget to also check our list of the best love songs for weddings!
Top 80 Garter Toss Songs
The perfect garter toss song is a must! This song can be fun, flirty, upbeat, and modern. We have curated a diverse wedding garter toss song playlist for you. We hope you will love our song suggestions!
- A Little Less Conversation – Elvis Presley. Check our list of Elvis wedding songs.
- Livin’ la Vida Loca – Ricky Martin
- Dangerous Woman – Ariana Grande
- Lady Marmalade – Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mya, and P!nk
- Hot Stuff – Donna Summer
- Smooth Operator – Sade
- Shape of You – Ed Sheeran
- It’s Raining Men – The Weather Girls
- She’s a Lady – Tom Jones (lyrics)
- I Touch Myself – the Divinyls
- American Woman – Lenny Kravitz
- Pop That – French Montana
- Started From the Bottom – Drake
- Girls Like You – Maroon 5 featuring Cardi B
- P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) – Michael Jackson
- I Know What Boys Like – The Waitresses
- Brick House – the Commodores
- Party Up (Up in Here) – DMX
- Beg For It,-Iggy Azalea featuring MØ
- Who Let the Dogs Out,– Baha Men
- Luv Me, Luv Me – Shaggy, Janet Jackson
- Here Comes the Hotstepper – Ini Kamoze
- Sharp Dressed Man – ZZ Top
- No Scrubs– TLC
- Baby Got Back, – Sir Mix-a-Lot
- Yummy – Justin Bieber
- One Way or Another – Blondie
- Smooth– Santana featuring Rob Thomas
- Señorita – Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello
- Oh, Pretty Woman– Roy Orbison
- Beautiful– Snoop Dogg featuring Pharrell Williams and Uncle Charlie Wilson
- Yeah!– Usher featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris
- Turn Down for What– DJ Snake and Lil Jon
- Welcome to the Jungle – Guns n’ Roses
- Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)– Bill Conti
- Juice– Lizzo
- In Those Jeans – Ginuwine
- Wild Thoughts– DJ Khaled featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller
- Savage– Megan Thee Stallion
- Super Freak – Rick James
- Short Skirt / Long Jacket – Cake
- Hot for Teacher – 2015 Remaster – Van Halen
- Bad Boys (Theme from COPS) – Inner Circle
- Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) – Big & Rich
- I Wanna Sex You Up – Color Me Badd
- Feel like Makin’ Love – 2015 Remaster – Bad Company
- The Man – The Killers
- I’m a Slave 4 U – Britney Spears
- All Shook Up – Avila
- Kiss – Prince
- Gorilla – Bruno Mars
- Ignition – R. Kelly
- Candyshop– 50 Cents
- Nobody – Keith Sweat
- Meeting in my Bedroom – Silk
- Feeling Good – Michael Bublé. Check our list of Michael Bublé Wedding Songs.
- Between the Sheets – The Isley Brothers
- Fever – Michael Bublé
- Earned It – The Weeknd
- Gettin’ Jiggy With It – Will Smith
- Wild Thing – The Troggs
- Black Eyed Peas – I Gotta Feeling
- All the Way Up, – Fat Joe and Remy Ma featuring French Montana and Infrared
- Thong Song, – Sisqo
- I’ll Make Love to You – Boyz II Men
- Versace On the floor – Bruno Mars
- Hungry Eyes – Eric Carmen
- Shameless – Garth Brooks
- You Can Leave Your Hat On – Joe Crocker
- Slow Hands – Niall Horan
- This Is How We Do It – Montell Jordan
- Electricity – Ross Copperman
- Ain’t Too Proud To Beg – Temptations
- Waba Duba– Yello
- Come and Get Your Love – RedBone
- Sexual Healing – Marvin Gaye
- Knockin’ Boots– Luke Bryan
- Better Man – Leon Bridges
- What a man gotta do – Jonas Brothers
- Rub You The Right Way – Johnny Gill
Top 20 Best Songs for the Garter Removal
Before tossing the garter, the groom (or the other bride in a same-sex wedding) must remove it from the bride’s thigh – usually by mouth.
Now, that’s a saucy ritual that can be counted as the sexiest moment of the wedding. Forget the disapproving glances of elderly wedding guests – with humorous and naughty lyrics.
Take a look at our list!
- Death Of A Bachelor – Panic! At The Disco
- Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke featuring Pharrell & T.I, Pharell
- Foxey Lady – Jimi Hendrix
- Keep Your Hands To Yourself – Georgia Satellites
- You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
- Pour Some Sugar On Me – Def Leppard
- Cherry Pie – Warrant
- Oh Yeah – Yello
- Bad To The Bone – George Thorogood
- Big Pimpin – Jay-Z
- Mission Impossible Theme – Lalo Shiffrin
- Danger Zone – Kenny Loggins
- Suit & Tie – Justin Timberlake
- Nice and Slow – Usher
- Da Ya Think I’m Sexy? – Rod Stewart
- Boombastic – Shaggy
- Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love, Babe – Barry White
- Adorn – Miguel
- The Stripper – David Rose
- Wild Thing – Tone Loc
10 Sexy Garter Toss Songs
During a garter toss, a lot of hilarity ensues. There’s the pressure on the groom to snag the garter, the competitive tension in the air as single guests seek to catch it, and best of all – roars of laughter as soon as it’s over.
For wedding receptions looking to get creative and add a bit more “naughtiness” to this moment, one great way is to choose garter toss songs that perfectly capture the mood.
Whether it’s something upbeat like “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”, or something cheeky like “Sexy Back”, when DJ’s play garter toss songs any wedding reception can be taken up a notch!
- Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
- Promiscuous – Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland
- You Sexy Thing – Hot Chocolate
- Dirrty – Christina Aguilera
- SexyBack,– Justin Timberlake featuring Timbaland
- Legs, – ZZ Top
- Lay your hands on me– Bon Jovi
- Hot in Herre – Nelly
- Get Lucky– Daft Punk
- Rock You’re Body– Justin Timberlake
10 Country Songs for the Garter Toss
There’s something special about country songs – with all the amazing and lively instruments. You can add energy to the garter toss ritual at the wedding with the help of some upbeat country garter toss songs. Can’t find the right tracks? Don’t worry – because we have some amazing suggestions.
- Body Like a Back Road – Sam Hunt
- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk – Trace Adkins
- I’m Still A Guy – Brad Paisley
- Boys ‘Round Here (feat. Pistol Annies & Friends) – Blake Shelton, Pistol Annies
- This One’s for the Girls – Martina McBride
- Real Good Man – Tim McGraw
- Romeo –Dolly Parton
- Whiskey girl– Toby Keith
- Blue County – Good Little Girls
- Chris Cagle – Chicks Dig It
10 Hip-Hop & R&B Garter Toss Songs
Looking for some modern and unique tracks for the sexiest moment of the wedding? It’s time you
If you’re looking for something special to surprise your wedding reception guests, we recommend checking out Hip-Hop & R&B music. These songs will make the perfect garter toss soundtrack and provide a sultry atmosphere to the wedding.
Think outside the box of traditional wedding music – explore what makes this genre so special by searching for unconventional tunes that offer such a sweet surprise. The modern & unique tracks are sure to put your guests in the mood, ensuring your wedding reception is one for the books!
- Drunk in Love – Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z
- Hey Ya – OutKast
- Destiny’s Child – Bootylicious
- Come and Get It – Selena Gomez
- Naughty Girl– Beyonce
- Whatta Man – Salt ‘N’ Pepa
- Let’s Get Married – Jagged Edge
- “Country Girl (Shake it For Me) – Luke Bryan
- Bump n’ Grind – R. Kelly
- Milkshake – Kelis
10 Funniest Songs for the Garter Toss
The garter toss ritual is a fun tradition – and most couples treat it as nothing more. You can lighten the moment with the help of funny garter toss songs.
We have put together a list of the funniest songs you can play during the garter toss moment. We’re sure that the young crowd, including the couple, will love the list.
- Pink Panther Theme,- Henry Mancini
- Whip It, – Devo
- Girls – Beastie Boys
- Sexy and I know it – LMFAO
- I’m Too Sexy – Right Said Fred
- Right Round– Flo rida
- Another One Bites the Dust – Queen
- Dirt Off Your Shoulders – Jay – Z
- U Can’t Touch This – M.C. Hammer
- Pony – Ginuwine
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you still have questions about the ritual of garter removal and garter tossing – and the wedding song to play with it? Here are the answers to some of your queries.
What is the garter toss?
The garter toss is a tradition in which the groom removes the garter from the thigh of the bride and tosses it at the crowd for the young unmarried men to catch it. This is the male counterpart of the bouquet toss ritual.
What does the garter toss symbolize?
The garter toss is a traditional wedding ritual that symbolizes the passing of the bride’s fidelity from her father to her husband.
It is a symbolic gesture of the bride giving away her last piece of wedding attire and the groom catching it.
The garter signifies the bride’s commitment to the groom, and the groom catching it symbolizes his acceptance of her trust.
The garter toss is not only a fun tradition that is enjoyable for both the bride and groom, but also a meaningful gesture that is sure to be cherished for years to come.
Does the garter toss or bouquet toss take place first at the wedding reception?
In a modern wedding, the bouquet toss ceremony takes place first, followed by the garter toss ceremony.
Then the woman who catches the bride’s bouquet sits down so that the man who catches the garter can put it on her.
What is a garter toss song?
A garter toss song is a track that’s played when the groom removes the garter from the bride’s leg and tosses it at the crowd for the young men to catch.
This song can be a simple instrumental like the Pink Panther theme, a classic rock song like ZZ Top’s Sharp Dressed Man, or a smooth 70’s pop song like You Sexy Thing by Hot Chocolate.
Usually, fun and the naughty playlist is prepared to set the mood for this ritual.
Where is the garter toss done?
Most couples elect to have the garter toss done on the dance floor because there is usually plenty of room to gather the guests and toss the garter.
How do you make the garter toss fun?
The garter toss is a long-standing wedding tradition that can be a lot of fun to add to the reception. To make it interesting, start by finding a creative way to deliver the garter, such as having the groom don a superhero cape or having it flown in by a drone.
Next, encourage guests to bring items like dollar bills to make it more of a competition. If the groom is not comfortable with the idea of removing the garter, have him throw a bouquet in its place. Finally, create a fun soundtrack for the garter toss to keep the energy high.
By taking these simple steps, you can make the garter toss a memorable and enjoyable part of your wedding.
The garter ceremony can be a fun and saucy moment at the wedding reception, to be enjoyed by the youngsters close to the young couple’s age.
While some may frown upon it, you can let this be a light-hearted ritual, with our suggested wedding music. Don’t forget to check out our other wedding playlists, either!
What are your favorite garter toss songs? We’d love to hear your pick below!