Whether it’s your first anniversary or your 50th, why not bring humor and joy to this special day? Funny anniversary quotes are a great way to spice up a card, social media post, letter or toast. They are also a wonderful way to wish a loved one an extraordinary day.
On top of that, personalized quotes and phrases can be the perfect way to make an otherwise bland card or gift that much more sentimental. Whether you hope to be sarcastic, nostalgic, goofy or anything in-between, a quote can be the perfect way to hit home and let someone know how you feel about them. For quotes of all varieties, keep reading below.
Funny Anniversary Quotes For Couples
Picking out the perfect quote for your partner or significant other doesn’t have to be difficult. Quotes for couples can also be useful when you are a friend or loved one celebrating alongside a couple on their special day. No matter your purpose, using a funny quote can bring a smile to the recipient’s face. Use our list of funny quotes for couples below.
- “Marriage lets you annoy one very special person for the rest of your life.”
- “Congrats on making it through another year of pretending you know what you’re doing!”
- “Marriage is a workshop. The husband works while the wife shops!”
- “I love you no matter what you do, but do you have to do so much of it?” – Jean Illsley Clarke
- “We have looked into your inquiry. Sorry, there are unfortunately no refunds on marriage.”
- “Marriage is an adventure, like going to war.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “I want to spend the rest of my money, wait… I mean life with you.”
- “I love you more than sleeping in, but please don’t make me prove it to you.”
- “Another year filled with opportunities to annoy each other. Happy anniversary.”
- “Enjoy your anniversary as much as possible. You never know when you might get in a fight on the way home.”
- “Love is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions.” – Woody Allen
- “Love is blind, but marriage restores its sight.” – Georg C. Lichtenberg
- “If you signed a marriage contract willingly, then you deserve the consequences.”
- “Marriage is defined as a phenomenon that occurs when dating goes too far.”
- “Congratulations on choosing a partner who makes you seem sane.”
- “So happy to celebrate the day we both decided to stop looking for someone better. There was no hope for that anyways.”
- “Happy anniversary to the person who has taught me so much. In fact, a little too much.”
- “They say that the secret to a happy marriage is falling back in love each day. Just make sure you’re only falling for me!”
- “Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs.” – William Shakespeare
- “Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop.” – H.L. Mencken
- “Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand.”
- “If we were socks, we would be a matching pair!”
- “Cheers to another year of driving each other mad.”
- “Isn’t it beautiful that we know everything about one another and we still love each other?”
- “If you love me even half as much as I love you, it would still be an endless amount.”
- “Love is a lot like a backache. It doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” – George Burns
- “Love is an action word with some heavy duties.” – Margaret Smith
- “Love is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but it’s always worth the ride.”
- “Love is like a sense of humor. You’re either born with it or you’re not.”
Anniversary Quotes For Parents
Whether it’s you and your partner that are the parents, your own parents or a pair of parents that you know and love, these quotes are sure to get a laugh.
- “Happy anniversary. We can’t believe you two aren’t completely sick of each other after all this time.”
- “The wedding ring is the smallest handcuff ever made. Luckily you chose your cellmate wisely.”
- “I should have been a historian, because the older we get, the more interested I am in you!”
- “Marriage is a lot like the army, everyone complains, but you’d be surprised at the large number that re-enlists.” -James Garner
- “If love is the most perfect dream, then you could call marriage an alarm clock.”
- “Happy anniversary. You two have been through a lot. It’s hard to say whose fault that is.”
- “Growing old together is the best revenge against people who thought we wouldn’t make it.”
- “Let’s keep making memories together, even though you’re losing yours.”
- “Good thing you married someone your own age because as both of your looks fade, so will your eyesight.”
- “You make the shackles of marriage look easy. Congratulations on another year together.”
- “You are proof that nothing can take away from true love, not even snoring every single night!”
- “I hope that you two protect each other in the coming years as strongly as you do your side of the bed.”
- “Together, our relationship ages just like fine wine. Each year it gets better and better.”
Anniversary Quotes For A Wife
As long as you got your wife more than a card with a funny quote, all should be well on your special day of celebration. Show your wife how much you love her while making light of all the ups and downs you surely go through in marriage.
- “You have me, so I am not sure what more you could ask for, but I did get you a gift just in case!”
- “Happy anniversary… Now all I have left to remember this year is your birthday.”
- “You’re still here? Thanks for putting up with me all this time!”
- “Being married to you is the only kind of fire that isn’t covered by our insurance.”
- “We go together like peanut butter and jelly… which makes me hungry to even mention.”
- “Behind every great man is a woman calling the shots.”
- “When two people love each other, there is no limit to what they can achieve. Unless a husband asks his wife where she’d like to go out to eat.”
- “You are my reason for waking up every morning. Otherwise, who else would make breakfast? Happy anniversary.”
- “Happy anniversary to the person who makes every day feel like a fairytale come true.”
- “Happy anniversary to my partner in crime, my soulmate and my favorite person in the world.”
- “Happy anniversary to the only person I would say is right if they claimed the sky wasn’t blue.”
- “Another year down, forever to go.”
- “Since I actually remembered this anniversary, let’s celebrate twice as hard. You never know what may happen next year.”
Anniversary Quotes For A Husband
On this special day, show your husband some love, appreciation and a little humor. Use one of these quotes to set the tone for a fun-loving celebration.
- “Never laugh at your wife’s choices because you are one of them.”
- “Happy anniversary day from the best thing that has ever happened to you!”
- “Marriage is a special thing where one person is always right, and the other gets to call themselves a husband.”
- “You may be the boss at work, but everyone knows I’m the boss at home. Happy anniversary!”
- “There is nobody else that I would listen to snore all night long.”
- “My love-hate relationship with you involves loving being around you and hating when you are gone.”
- “Here’s to another year of being each other’s rock, making each other laugh and supporting each other through thick and thin.”
- “I love you. Thanks for killing all the spiders this year.”
- “If marriage is a circus, you are my favorite clown.”
- “I’m not sure why I picked you, but I am sure glad that I did.”
- “Happy anniversary. I will always be by your side because somebody has to keep you out of trouble!”
- “Happy anniversary to the man who swept me off of my feet. Now if only we could get that to translate into sweeping the floor.”
- “The four most important words in any marriage: I’ll do the dishes.”
- “Marriage is not just spiritual communion, it is also remembering to take out the trash.” – Joyce Brothers
Get Creative With It!
If you’re looking to go the extra mile and do something creative, here are some fun ideas to make your own DIY anniversary quotes:
- Incorporate your wedding vows into a frame, card or any gift that you are giving.
- Write a short poem that reminds your partner of a sentimental moment that the two of you shared.
- Use a play on words with their name to create a cute catchphrase for your card.
- Coin a phrase that they always use in daily conversation and show them how much you listen to them.
- Write down phrases from memories throughout the year and give them as a cute quote memory book.
We hope these quotes have inspired you to add a little humor into your special day. Happy anniversary!
You also shouldn’t miss these other heartfelt quotes for your anniversary:
- Anniversary Quotes For Every Milestone
- Anniversary Quotes For Your Golden Anniversary
- Quotes To Celebrate A 10-Year Anniversary
As a multi-passionate creative and a self-proclaimed frequent flyer of weddings, Kiara combines her love for the wedding industry and experience as a professional wedding photographer with her writing abilities to share tips, tricks, and helpful information with couples. She is the owner of Switech Studios a popular wedding photography business. With tons of insider information from behind her camera lens on how to have the best wedding possible, Kiara’s in-depth knowledge is sure to put you on the road to wedding planning success.