Have you just got engaged and want to share the news on social media? Do you have your post all ready to go, but aren’t sure what to caption it?
Are you looking for a fantastic engagement quote to use but haven’t got a clue where to start? We have been in your shoes, and are here to help!
Finding a quote to use for your engagement is tricky. There are so many options out there.
You can go funny, romantic, cheesy, dry, or even a little emotional, but how do you narrow down your choices and settle on one?
You read pages and pages of quotes, only to be left more confused. The last thing you want is a poorly written-quote. You want this moment to be perfect and the pressure starts to mount.
Well, let us take some of that pressure off your shoulders! We have done the hard work for you and have compiled the only list you ever need.
Using an engagement quote can help you express your love and joy to your significant other and loved ones. With a variety of options available in this list, you can easily find a quote that suits your style and personality.
Keep reading for 185 fantastic engagement quotes for Facebook or Instagram. No matter the type of quote you want, we have you covered.
We have also broken the list into helpful sections, so you can navigate the list easily!
Non-Cheesy Engagement Captions
Let’s start with the non-cheesy captions, the captions we all want! These are cute, simple, and sweet, getting to the point and letting everyone know that you are engaged.
Now, these aren’t set in stone. You can change them to suit you, so don’t panic if the wording doesn’t feel right, you can make tweaks to suit your personality and the message you want to convey!
- The easiest ‘Yes’ I’ve ever said.
- The best ‘Yes’ of my life.
- The post you have all been waiting for.
- The future Mr and Mrs (insert partners surname here).
- Best surprise ever!
- All the feels.
- We’ve chosen forever.
- I feel complete.
- My whole heart, my whole life.
- And so the adventure begins.
- Here’s to the next chapter.
- Here’s to forever with you.
- Let the wedding planning begin.
- Here’s to love, laughter, and happy ever after.
- Finally engaged to my Prince Charming.
- Forever and then some.
- So…this happened!
Funny Engagement Captions
Do you want something a little more lighthearted? We have you covered! These captions are perfect for those that want a little laughter on their post.
These work well for couples that were together for years before getting engaged, or if you just want something more entertaining than sentimental.
Again, these can be adapted where needed.
- It’s about time!
- Thank God I swiped right!
- He liked it. He put a ring on it.
- Beyonce, but with an F.
- I didn’t like my last name anyways.
- He stole my heart, so I’m taking his last name.
- Pop the champagne, she’s changing her name! (This caption also works for friends and family members too sharing your engagement news)\
- If I had to pick a favorite finger, this would be the one!
- Engaged AF!
- Proof that Hinge/Bumble/Tinder isn’t just for hookups.
- Tinder? Completed it, mate.
- He finally did it!
- The one where we got engaged.
- Diamonds are a girl’s best friend.
- I can’t wait to be weird together for the rest of our lives.
- I said no #justkidding!
- We did a thing.
- I think I need a new dress to match my ring.
- I’m so happy I found that special person to annoy for the rest of my life.
Unique Engagement Captions
Do you want something a little different? Then check out our more unique captions below.
- Let this ring do the talking!
- It’s a love story baby, I just said, ‘Yes.’
- My first name + your last name = true love
- Still on cloud nine.
- Taking the trip from Miss to Mrs.
- OMW to Pinterest
- I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.
- One step closer to wife material.
Witty Engagement Captions
If you want something more fun, we have a selection of witty captions below. These work well on Instagram or Facebook and add some fun to your post.
- Does this ring make me look engaged?
- My heart is full (and my hand is heavy!).
- No longer available.
- He’s sealed the date.
- Engaged has a good ring to it!
- New life pending.
- I knew you were the one, now I have proof for my friends and family.
- Next vacation? How about a honeymoon? (this works well if you got engaged during a vacation).
- Life just got more sparkly.
- You can call me Beyonce, but with an F.
- Ring it on! It’s time to plan my wedding.
- Just enjoying the view (this works perfectly with a closeup photo of your hand and the ring, or with a nice view in the background).
- Going out for my forever date. Don’t wait up.
- How am I? Sparkling!
- Say hello to the future Mrs (insert partner’s name).
Engagement Captions From The Bride
Most of the quotes we have included so far can be used by either partner (you might need to change the pronouns to suit), but the following captions work best coming from the bride.
Of course, if you want to use them, don’t let us stop you! After all, these quotes can be used by anyone.
- My life has been changed by falling in love.
- I’ll be the one in white.
- I’m ready to be yours forever.
- You had me at hello.
- Ready for forever.
- I can’t wait to become a Mrs!
- Getting my MRS degree
- I can’t wait to marry the love of my life.
- He asked. I said, ‘it’s about time!’
- I said yes. Next up, I do!
Engagement Captions For A Newly Engaged Couple
The following captions work well if you are sharing a joint post, or you can both post separately with the same caption.
These work best when you are just announcing your engagement, or they will also work well in the run up to your wedding.
- We are officially off the market.
- Partners for life.
- We’re engaged!
- This is the next page/chapter in our story.
- We’re getting married!
- There’s two less fish in the sea now!
- We have plenty to be thankful for this year.
- Lots to be grateful for.
- Our adventure continues.
- Loving someone and having them love you back is the most precious thing in the world.
Engagement Captions For Men
If you didn’t think any of the above captions were suitable for you, then check out this section! Here we have a selection of engagement quotes that are tailored for men.
That doesn’t mean women can’t use them, but these are typically shorter and more to the point. Let’s check them out now.
- She said yes!
- I’m engaged!
- Name? Oh just call me Lord of the rings.
- Sorry girls! It’s all over.
- She forcefully placed a ring on my finger.
- I want to grow old with you.
- She’s my lobster.
- Soon-to-be husband.
- She’s got the ring, but I got the real prize.
- She’s the one for me, and I bought the ring to prove it!
- Time to update my relationship status.
- My best friend is engaged…to me!
- I’m ready to spend the rest of my life with her.
- Meet my forever valentine.
- I’m the luckiest guy in the world.
If you don’t want to use a caption, you could simply add a hashtag. Or these could be added after your caption if you prefer.
A hashtag is a fantastic and concise way to share your news. Plus, they can be fun! Let’s take a look at some of our favorite hashtags now.
To make them easier to read, we have included the spaces, but for your posts, the hashtag would be one continuous line of text.
- #She said yes
- #I said yes
- #soon to be married
- #(married name) has a nice ring to it
- #planning starts now
- #changing my last name
- #check out the ring finger
- #he proposed
- #bride to be
- #diamonds are forever
- #future Mrs
- #on cloud nine
- #about time
- #put a ring on it
- #future mrs (partners surname)
- #together forever
- #love story
- #finally (married name)
- #from (maiden name) to (married name)
- #engaged AF
- #together forever
- #pop the champagne
- #love story
- #save the date
- #two less fish in the sea
- #you and me
- #PB to my J
- #diamonds are a girl’s best friend
- #i’m his lobster
- #planning starts now
- #here comes the bride
- #bling bling
- #about time
- #happy ever after
- #perfect pair
- #marry me
- #my fairy tale
- #making memories
- #engagement photo
- #how he asked
- #marry me
- #party of two
- #she asked I said yes
- #great together
- #engagement ring
Movie Quotes To Use
Another good option is to use quotes from TV shows and movies. There are so many wonderful quotes that you can use, but we have a selection of our favorite below!
Don’t forget, you can tweak the length of the quote to suit your caption too.
- ‘A day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day.’ Winnie the Pooh.
- ‘In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are.’ Juno.
- ‘Love is putting someone else’s needs before yours.’ Olaf from Frozen.
- ‘I’d rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.’ Pocahontas.
- ‘I am who I am because of you.’ The Notebook
- ‘So this is love. So this is what makes life divine.’ Cinderella.
- ‘I made a wish upon a star, I turned around, and there you were.’ Bolt.
- ‘True love is your soul’s recognition of its counterpart in another.’ Wedding Crashers.
- ‘Let me share this whole new world with you.’ Aladdin.
- ‘I know that somehow, every step I took since the moment I could walk was a step towards finding you,’ Message In A Bottle.
- ‘People think a soulmate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.’ Eat Pray Love.
- ‘We are simply meant to be.’ Nightmare Before Christmas.
- ‘It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together, and I knew it. I knew it the first time I touched her. It was like coming home, only to no home I’d ever known. I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car, and I knew it. It was like magic.’ Sleepless in Seattle.
- ‘No measure of time with you will be long enough, but we’ll start with forever.’ Breaking Dawn.
- ‘You’re my person.’ Greys Anatomy.
- ‘I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person.’ 50 First Dates.
- ‘When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.’ When Harry Met Sally.
- ‘When I’m with you, I don’t feel so alone.’ Hercules.
- ‘How do you spell love? You don’t spell love. You feel it.’ Piglet and Pooh from Winnie the Pooh.
- ‘Today’s special moments are tomorrow’s memories.’ Aladdin.
- ‘You are my greatest adventure.’ The Incredibles.
- This is the miracle that I’ve been dreaming of. So, this is love.’ Cinderella.
- ‘Love is a song that never ends.’ Bambi.
- ‘My dream wouldn’t be complete without you in it.’ The Princess and The Frog.
- ‘She’s your lobster. Come on, you guys. It’s a known fact that lobsters fall in love and mate for life. You can actually see old lobster couples, walking around their tank, you know, holding claws.’ Friends.
There are some beautiful song lyrics out there that you can use for your engagement post. These are a wonderful way to sum up how you are feeling.
Again, like with all the other captions, you can change the pronouns to suit your relationship and adjust the length to suit you.
Here is a brief list of some of the best song lyrics (and titles) that you can use.
- ‘I could spend my life in this sweet surrender/ I could stay lost in this moment forever/ Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure.’ I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing, Aerosmith.
- ‘I hope you don’t mind/ That I put down in words / How wonderful life is while you’re in the world.’ Your Song, Elton John.
- ‘I take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover.’ Lover, Taylor Swift.
- ‘Keep this love in a photograph / We made these memories for ourselves.’ Photograph, Ed Sheeran.
- ‘You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.’ Mine, Taylor Swift.
- ‘No one is as lucky as us.’ Where the lines Overlap, Paramore.
- ‘Hey baby, I think I want to marry you.’ Marry You, Bruno Mars.
- ‘I’m giving you all my love, and God knows you’re worth it.’ Im Yours, Jason Mraz.
- ‘Feeling good as hell!’ Good as Hell, Lizzo.
- ‘How sweet it is to be loved by you.’ How Sweet It Is, Marvin Gaye.
- ‘If you fall I will catch you, I’ll be waiting…time after time.’ Time After Time, Cyndi Lauper.
- ‘Cause all of me loves all of you.’ All of Me, John Legend.
- ‘All’s well that ends well to end up with you.’ Lover, Taylor Swift.
And there you have it, 185 fantastic engagement quotes for Facebook and Instagram.
Whether you want a funny, romantic, slightly cheesy, or unique quote, we are sure you will have found what you are looking for today!
Remember, it is your engagement, use the caption that you want to use! If someone else thinks it’s cheesy or cringey, who cares? It’s your day, so celebrate and share it how you see fit!
Don’t forget to change the pronouns to suit your relationship. Although a lot of these quotes focus on hetrosexual relationships, they can all be changed!
Love is love, and there are so many captions and ways to show that your love has progressed to the next step.
You can tweak any of the captions suggested today or use multiple ones! Whatever you decide to do, we hope you enjoy sharing your engagement news with the world – congratulations!
Frequently Asked Questions
Before you leave us today, be sure to check out our brief FAQ section to get all the answers you need to your last-minute questions.
What Do I Say In An Engagement Post?
You can say whatever you want! We think it’s best to keep them short and sweet, as people rarely spend time reading a huge chunk of text on social media.
You can use one of the many captions we provided you with earlier, or one of your own.
We think a sentence or two is a great length, especially when shared with a picture of you or your engagement ring.
When sharing a photo, a photo of the two of you showcasing the ring is always good!
Do I Have To Announce My Engagement?
No, you do not have to publicly announce your engagement on social media if you don’t want to. The choice is entirely yours.
Most people tend to tell their family and close friends privately before posting on social media.
No one wants their parents or grandparents to find out over the internet! Of course, who you tell and when is entirely your choice.
We think it’s nice to wait a few days before telling anyone.
Sure, the excitement can get to you and you want to share this wonderful news with everyone, but having a few days as a couple to relish in your little bubble can be nice too.
Of course, this is entirely your choice to make.
If you are someone that shares a lot of their life on social media, then announcing your engagement will feel quite natural.
However, if you are a private person or share very little on social media, do not feel the need to share your news with the world.
Should I Post My Engagement Ring On Instagram?
Again, this is a personal choice that you need to make. Some people prefer not to showcase their ring, especially if it was expensive, for safety reasons.
If your location or home is easy to find on social media, the last thing you want to do is broadcast expensive items you have there.
It’s also worth not listing the brand or the ring to prevent people from working out how much it cost and if it is of value.
A good compromise is to post a photo of the two of you with the ring but without a close up.
You might choose to share a picture of your partner (or you) proposing if you were lucky enough to get a picture of this.
Consider carefully whether you want to share a picture of your engagement ring on social media.
It’s worth speaking to your partner too and coming to an agreement on this before either of you post on social media.
Should I Post My Engagement On Social Media?
If you want to, yes! Posting your engagement on social media is a wonderful way to let people in your life know that you are engaged without needing to contact them all individually.
It can save time, and if you are into likes and comments, it’s a sure fire way to rack them up!
You will be surprised by the number of people that will like and comment on your engagement post.
It’s worth capitalizing on that if you enjoy using social media and replying to comments if you aren’t into it, then it’s not the end of the world if the picture isn’t on there.
Generally, four moments in your life will get the most likes and comments when shared on social media.
- The first engagement photo you post
- The first wedding photo you post
- Your pregnancy announcement (if you decide to have children)
- The first photo of your first child
What Photo Should I Use For My Engagement Post?
You have a few options here. You can go for a picture of your hand with the ring on your fourth finger.
Another option is a selfie of you showing off your new ring, a picture of you and your partner with the ring, or you can post a picture of your partner proposing.
Some partners will plan ahead to have someone waiting to capture the moment they propose as a photo or video.
Not only are these wonderful memories to have, but they make brilliant photographs to share!
Consider your options and pick the photo you like the most. It doesn’t need to be the most aesthetically pleasing photo ever.
After all, it’s showcasing your love, not your photography skills!
Serena & Dominic are a married couple and parents to 3 wonderful children. They plan weddings, run multiple small businesses, and curate wedding events.
By giving you everything you need to make your dream wedding attainable, you can eliminate stress, get the ‘wedding glow,’ and focus on spending this rocking day with the person you adore. Discover their podcast for more information