Looking for some exceptional DIY Mother of the Bride gifts? Or perhaps Mothers of the Brides presents for your lesbian wedding? The best gifts are ones from the heart!. A great way to elevate your thoughtful gift is to create it with your own two hands! No matter what you make, mom is sure to love it! Give one of these ideas below to her alone, or pair them with beautiful Mother of the Bride jewelry gifts!
Our Top Pick
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
If you don’t have time to read through our top 10, we have a top quick suggestion for you. A DIY candle is a great gift for mom. If she loves having fresh scents in her house, you can choose her favorite in essential oils and add things such as dried flowers and seashells for effect! This kit from Etsy makes the process a lot easier!
DIY Mother of the Bride Gifts
We’ll share a video tutorial whenever possible to help you create these beautiful DIY Mother of the Bride Gifts. We’ll also give you some great kit and supply recommendations to make things even easier!
1. DIY Candle in Mom’s Favorite Scent
You can actually take a hands-on approach to creating the most perfect and customized gift for the mother of the bride.
It can be a stressful although happy day on the day of the wedding, but it would be nice for mom to go home and relax in a candlelit bath with her favorite scents from your DIY candle gift!
Choose her favorite scents and customize the candle with seashells or dried flowers! We love this kit from Etsy, and the tutorial video above will guide you through the process.
2. DIY Embroidery Decoration
Instead of buying ornaments and decorations, why not create your own? With an embroidery kit, you can have everything you need for beautiful flower designs and you can even add your own personalization. If you’re skilled enough, you can even embroidery the mother of the bride’s name!
- Value Package: 1pc white cotton fabric with Flowering Shrubs pattern, 1pc black cotton fabric with Daisy Flower pattern, 1pc Blue cotton fabric with Botanical Garden pattern, 2pcs 6.3 inch embroidery hoops, 1pcs 7.9 inch embroidery hoops, 3 sets soft embroidery threads, 6pcs embroidery needles, 1pc scissor, 1pc instructions
- Suitable for Beginners: The instructions includes illustration of embroidery, teaching you how to deal with embroidery floss, printed pattern, and the way to frame embroidery, suitable for beginners
- Classical Ornaments: After finishing the embroidery, the embroidery pattern can be framed in the round plastic embroidery hoop, hanging in the living room or bedroom, as an interior decoration
- 3 Style Popular Patterns: Each embroidery cloth is printed a flower pattern to meet you various needs. Notice: The pattern is made of special ink, meet the water will disappear, do not touch water before finishing
- Popular Gift: A nice package and appropriate gift for your families and friends; Finished DIY embroidery is really a meaningful and special present
3. DIY Succulent Box for Moms Who Love to Garden
Cacti are among the most resilient plants on the planet. They can survive in harsh climates of drought, which can be a good symbolization of a mother and daughter’s love. Despite not having constant contact or seeing each other as often as they would like, the little succulent will be a reminder of what is constantly there but not visible.
You can find all of the supplies you need at a local hardware store and gardening center. If you’re short on time, though, we love this kit from Etsy!
4. Cute Handmade Coupon Book for Mothers of the Brides
Little coupon books are the best and among the easiest DIY gifts out there, but mom deserves better quality, which brings us to our next gift option.
Feel free to fill out the pages of this coupon book with all the activities you enjoy together. Whether it’s from you to your mom or just a gift for your beautiful bride’s mother, the pages will be filled with fun memories.
5. Personalized Gift for Mom
Here is a personalized gift box for mom of the bride. While a pre-made gift box may already has most of what she would need, you can also place more DIY items inside that you have made to round out the gift and personalize the name on the box as well!
6. Edit Yourself MOM Photo Collage
This loving tribute to the mom of the bride will display printed photos of the best mom and daughter moments. Print out copies of the photos, cut them and frame them all on your own! The tutorial above will help you make a cute arrangement!
7. Forever Flowers for Mom
How beautiful are those forever flowers? Choose mom’s favorite blooms, then find the silk version of it so they last through the decades. It’s simple yet elegant! Arrange them in a vase or a pretty box like the bride did in the tutorial above. We love these silk roses from Amazon for this craft.
- 🌸Size and Material：silk with injection molding, iron wire is inside in order to fix the shape.Each flower length is 17.3 inches, rose flower head is 3.6inches in diameter. Each package has 20 pieces fake rose.The rose stem has artificial thorns, please be carefully before use.
- 🌸Easy to maintain：Not watering is needed for the fake plants,forever alive and blooming. Our artificial roses looks pure and elegant. Enjoy the beauty of natural looking flowers without watering,add great touch to your home.This faux flowers is cleanable with wet choth or washable with water.
- 🌸Realistic effect：Veryhome fake roses come in lifelike, full and soft petals, natural-looking and won't fade over time. The perfect option for those who is allergic to flowers. Available in all colors,beautiful wedding home party decoration.
- 🌸Great for Flower arrangement：With durable and bendable plastic stem,these artificial roses are easy to fit different vases and bottles.You can DIY your own style decoration by matching it with some other fake flowers. Imparting a elegant radiance to dull tables, backdrops, vases and centerpieces.
- 🌸Widely Usage：These Artificial flowers would be perfect for home decoration, boutonnieres corsages, table centerpieces, garden decoration, wedding, party, engagement, cemetery etc. It is also fantastic as a gift for Valentine’s Day, Birthday, Anniversary.
8. Handmade Soap
The next perfect DIY mother of the bride gift is a soap making kit! You can never have too much soap! Especially with 100% handmade little bars, the mom of the bride will feel all the love in the world with every wash.
This kit is a bit pricey for those going the DIY route to save money, but it comes with supplies to make quite a few bars of soap. So, you could make a special one for mom, then maybe even make smaller ones for wedding favors!
- ♥ ALL THE SOAPMAKING SUPPLIES YOU NEED IN ONE KIT – Use our easy instructions to melt and pour soap base into the embossed soap molds in this easy soap making starter kit. Personalize each bar using 3 liquid dyes to tint your soap, 3 all natural essential oils, and included dried bonus flowers. A great DIY item for craft fairs and fundraisers, your audience will be sure to be impressed with these artisan bars of soap.
- ♥ 3 LBS COCOA BUTTER SOAP BASE – Crafts up to 16 unique soap bars. Our soap bases are made in the USA using only the finest ingredients. Kosher vegetable glycerine and food grade oils make these luxurious soap bars excellent for sensitive skin. They are made of soy-free, Non GMO components, and as our supplier puts it "As natural as we can make it."
- ♥ HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS – No synthetic fragrances, only high quality single origin essential oils included: Cedarwood, Lavender, and Blood Orange, or leave your luxurius cocoa butter soap unscented and pure white for a classic look.
- ♥ PERFECT GIFT – Inspire friends to learn a new DIY craft project or update your own soap-making skills so you can give beautiful handmade soap bars as a present to the loved ones in your life. Popular as a birthday gift, mothers day, holiday and wedding. Each kit is packed by hand by our talented staff, and support is just a phone call away if you need help during the process!
- ♥ SUITABLE FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS – This kit is designed to be fun for adults and children. Whether you have just begun soap making, or you have prior experience, we are confident you will have a collection of delightful soap bars that you will be proud of. Fun for the whole family! Handcrafted in Portland, Oregon, USA.
9. Painted Wine Glasses
If mom loves wine, these beautiful painted glasses make a perfect gift! You don’t have to be Van Gogh to pull them off, either! Just grab some plain wine glasses and some glass paints, then get creative!
- 🎨Vivid Transparent Colors - Our art ceramics paint set includes 12 glass paint tubes and one palette (random color) as bonus. All the glass painting are well sealed up and organized in the box. 12 bright Colors natural colors include rose, crimson, mid yellow, deep blue, burnt umber, violet, black, viridian,orange yellow, cerulean blue titanium white and light green which let you creating a great art projects.
- 🎨Superior Product Features - Our stained glass painting kit with strong adhesion, powerful covering capacity, scratch and water resistance and lasting bright color, which make your art work more outstanding.
- 🎨Safe & Non-Toxic - iMustech stained gallery glass paints set is solvent free, No peculiar smell, non-toxic and environmental-friendly, ASTM D-4236 and EN71-3 (CE) certified. Perfect for artists, kids, teens and adult artists.
- 🎨Tip for Use - You should clean the glass surface with soap or alcohol before you paint. After finishing your paint on glass and wait 24 hours for natural drying, please bake the glass artwork in oven at 176℉ for 2 hours and then cool down naturally. Or it will take around 7 days to reach the best color fastness state naturally.
- 🎨Various Usages - The paint on glass crafts can work on glass window, glass cup, ceramics, wine bottle, vase, fish tank or any glass surface. Our wineglass painting kits are great for kids, adults, beginners, artists, any people who love paint.
10. DIY Charms for Her Bouquet
Whether mom of the bride will have a bouquet that day or not, these little charms can be used to decorate the stems of the flowers, be charms on a bracelet or necklace, or used to decorate anything around the house after the big day. The best part is, each little enclosure carries its own little story with a picture of mom and the bride.
It’s hard to choose just one, because customized gifts are our favorite of all gifts. We like our first customized DIY candle choice, or making little soaps, or any of the options that have pictures involved. What about you?