If you are a lover of good old Southern music, you might be interested in using country wedding songs for your special day.
The ballads and dance tracks have a special appeal, thanks to the simple and unpretentious lyrics and the sounds of guitars, banjos, fiddles, and harmonicas.
If you want such a soundscape for your wedding ceremony, I put together a list of songs that you will love!
READ MORE: Top Romantic Wedding Songs
Why Country Music?
Aside from the familiar mix of sounds and the accompanying Southern accent that we have come to know and love, why is country music good for weddings?
The lyrics are simple, easy to master, and fun to sing along to. This is especially the case given that country music usually follows the same structure of intro, two verses with their choruses, a bridge, a third verse, a solo, an interlude, two hooks, and an outro. Romantic country music fits perfectly here, as your guests who know the song can sing merrily along.
- Country music tunes are generally sweet and short, usually taking no more than 4 minutes, and are not repetitive or boring. This means you can have a very long playlist and still play country wedding music to your satisfaction.
- Country songs are usually meaningful and emotional, conveying powerful sentiments through nothing but sound magic. That means you’ve got a great playlist of country wedding songs to walk down the aisle to, exchange wedding vows, and for the first dance.
How to Choose Country Wedding Songs
When choosing country wedding songs for your wedding playlist, there are some things that you must consider, including the following.
- The moment: You should ensure that the song you choose is as relevant to the moment as possible. For instance, country songs about a father’s love for his daughter make more sense for father-daughter dances than for the presentation of vows.
- The mood: As it is an occasion for celebration, it’s ideal to avoid sad country songs as much as possible.
- The theme: Country songs are perfect for country-themed weddings, though they can be used well enough for any other type of wedding.
20 Country Weddings Songs List
If you love country music, you need some beautiful songs that will make the wedding day special.
A country love song list that can set the mood with a touch of romance and upbeat rhythm – that’s what’s perfect for any wedding ceremony and its various events.
I curated a list of country wedding songs that you can use for your ceremony. Check out the songs and take your pick.
- “Chasing After You” – Ryan Hurd with Maren Morris
- “I Love You More” – Avery Anna
- “I Can’t Love You Any More” – Mitchell Tenpenny
- “If It Were up to Me” – Johnny and Heidi
- “The Good Ones” – Dylan Scott
- “Beers and Sunshine” – Darius Rucker
- “Soul”– Lee Brice
- “The Luckiest” – Josh Abbott Band
- “Always Gonna Love You” – Alana Springsteen
- “My Miracle” – Brad Paisley
- “Settling Down” – Miranda Lambert
- “Good Vibes” – Chris Janson
- “The Git Up” – Blanco Brown
- “Prayed For You “– Matt Stell
- “Nobody But You “– Blake Shelton Duet with Gwen Stefani
- “Good as You” – Kane Brown
- “Rainbow” – Kacey Musgraves
- “Blessed” – Thomas Rhett
- “You Make It Easy” – Jason Aldean
- “Butterflies” – Kacey Musgraves
Also Check: Frank Sinatra First Dance Songs
20 Bridal Reception Country Wedding Songs
For the bridal reception, a playlist of upbeat and rhythmic songs with fun or romantic lyrics can be perfect. For that, what can be a better option than country songs with folk-style soundscapes and acoustic instruments?
There are many country wedding songs that will be perfect for a bridal reception to set the mood. Take a look at the list of songs that I have prepared – and select songs that everyone will love.
- “Champagne Night” – Lady A
- “One Man Band” – Old Dominion
- “Knockin’ Boots” – Luke Bryan
- “The Difference” – Tyler Rich
- “Meant to Be” – Bebe Rexha feat. Florida Georgia Line
- “Bless the Broken Road” – Rascal Flatts
- “Stealing Cinderella” – Chuck Wicks
- “The One” – Gary Allan
- “Darlin’ Companion” – Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash
- “Always on My Mind” – Willie Nelson
- “When Love Finds You” – Vince Gill
- “The Way You Love Me” – Faith Hill
- “Sunday Kind of Love” – Reba McEntire
- “Love Me Like You Mean It” – Kelsea Ballerini
- “Today Was A Fairytale” – Taylor Swift
- “Good Time” – Alan Jackson
- “I Like It, I Love It” – Tim McGraw
- “Leave The Night On” – Sam Hunt
- “Red Solo Cup” – Toby Keith
- “You’re My Better Half” – Keith Urban
Check: Best Black Wedding Songs
20 Country Wedding First Dance Songs
When you hit the dance floor with your spouse for the first time during your wedding ceremony, country songs can be great additions to your wedding playlist.
For a just-married couple looking for songs that are magically romantic, there are many country wedding songs that will make everyone fall in love with love again.
If you are not sure about the right tracks, here’s a list of country wedding songs for the first dance.
- “Just the Way” – Parmalee & Blanco Brown
- “Better Together” – Luke Combs
- “Beautiful Crazy” – Luke Combs
- “Dance With Me” – Morgan Evans feat. Kelsea Ballerini
- “Slow Dance In A Parking Lot” – Jordan Davis
- “When I Found You” – Jasmine Rae
- “Some Of It”– Eric Church
- “History in the Making” – Darius Rucker
- “More of You” – Chris Stapleton
- “Die a Happy Man” -Thomas Rhett
- “When You Say Nothing At All” -Alison Krauss and Union Station
- “10,000 Hours” – Dan + Shay and Justin Bieber
- “I Don’t Dance” – Lee Brice
- “Must Be Doin’ Somethin’ Right” – Billy Currington
- “Cowboy Take Me Away” – The Chicks
- “I Cross My Heart” – George Strait
- “Amazed” – Lonestar
- “She’s in Love With the Boy” – Trisha Yearwood
- “Forever and Ever, Amen,” – Randy Travis
- “She’s Everything” – Brad Paisley
Check: Top R & B Wedding Songs
20 Country Songs to Walk Down the Aisle to
The moment when you will walk down the aisle before the wedding ceremony begins is something you will never forget for the rest of your life.
This walk deserves songs that will make this segment of your wedding day. Country songs can be a great choice to walk down the aisle to. If you are looking for country songs for your wedding, check out the list of wedding song suggestions!
- “This Is It” – Scotty McCreery
- “Parallel Line” – Keith Urban
- “On My Way to You” – Cody Johnson
- “Make It Sweet” – Old Dominion
- “Diamonds or Twine” – Ryan Hurd
- “Closer To You,” – Carly Pearce
- “Our World,” – Smithfield
- “God Gave Me To You,”– Blake Shelton
- “Making Memories of Us,” – Keith Urban
- “This Kiss,” – Faith Hill
- “To Make You Feel My Love,”– Garth Brooks
- “It’s Your Love,” – Tim McGraw featuring Faith Hill
- “From This Moment On,” – Shania Twain
- “Hey Pretty Girl,” – Kip Moore
- “Lost in This Moment,” – Big & Rich
- “Smile,” by Uncle Kracker
- “World For Two”– King Calaway
- “Speechless” – Dan + Shay
- “Yours”– Russell Dickerson
- “You’re Still the One”– Shania Twain
Country Wedding Songs FAQs
Now you have a list of amazing country songs that you can add to your wedding playlist and set the mood for the day.
But if you have more questions about the best country wedding songs, we are sure we will be able to provide you with the right solutions! Check out the answers to the commonly asked questions!
What are the most favorite country wedding songs?
If you are looking for country songs that will work perfectly for your wedding, you can choose the favorites of most country music patrons. Everyone loves songs like You’re Still The One by Shania Twain, I Love You More by Avery Anna, The One by Gary Allan, Good Time by Alan Jackson, etc.
How do I choose upbeat country wedding songs?
At the time of curating a playlist for your wedding day, you need to pick songs that are happy and romantic. You can pick country songs that are around 3 min in duration and are neither too fast-paced nor too slow. Be careful about the lyrics so that the words exude joy and love.
How popular is country music for a wedding?
Country songs, whether the classic ones or the contemporary tracks, can present a happy setting with the simplistic words and the sounds of guitar, harmonica, banjo, and more. There are plenty of upbeat romantic tracks which are hugely popular additions to wedding playlists.
How do I choose country songs for the first dance?
Country songs that are around 3 min long and are upbeat and romantic can make an excellent playlist for your wedding. To pick the right songs, you and your partner can together listen to a list of country wedding songs and choose the ones that you can imagine playing while you dance with each other.
What are the best country songs to play at a wedding?
Country songs are among the most popular for a wedding. There are plenty of beautiful songs that you can choose for your special day. Songs like Can’t Take My Eyes Off You by Lady Antebellum, Like Jesus Does by Eric Church, Everything by Keith Urban, etc., are perfect for a wedding playlist!
How do I make the perfect country wedding song playlist?
At the time of making your wedding playlist, you should certainly consider country songs as they can set a joyful mood for the wedding. At the time of choosing your wedding songs, make sure that both you and your partner weigh in on the decision. Pick songs that are neither too slow nor too fast.
What is the #1 country wedding song?
Country songs are perfect for setting a romantic mood for your wedding and making everyone present fall in love with love again. Almost everyone loves to add country songs like Keeper of the Stars by Tracy Byrd, I Cross My Heart by George Strait, I Love the Way You Love Me by John Michael Montgomery, etc.
What is the most popular wedding song right now?
Country songs have always been popular for wedding playlists. Modern couples don’t just go back to old classics for their special day. They can choose contemporary tracks such as All of Me by John Legend, Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, etc.
What is the best country song to walk down the aisle?
At the time of walking down the aisle, you can have the wedding DJ or the wedding band to play some beautiful country songs. For this special moment, you can choose tracks like You’re Still The One by Shania Twain, Then by Brad Paisley, Like I Never Loved Before by Phil Vassar, etc.
How long should bride entrance song be?
On average, songs usually last three minutes long. A bride’s walk down the aisle may take up to one minute, but it will generally depend on how long the aisle is and how fast she walks.
If you have a live musician for your wedding day, he can adjust the length of the song to your march.
What is a country song for the wedding procession?
If you are a fan of country music and would like to play some country songs for the wedding precession, there are plenty of options for you. You can pick tracks such as I Do by Paul Brandt, You Had Me From Hello by Kenny Chesney, When Somebody Loves You by Alan Jackson, and more.
What are the best country wedding songs 2023?
If you are looking for the latest songs to play at your wedding, there are many tracks that you can add to your playlist. Songs released in 2022, such as Take My Name by Parmalee, Made For You by Jake Owen, Heaven by Jason Aldean, and Never Til Now by Ashley Cooke and Brett Young can be perfect!
What are the best new country wedding songs?
Are you looking for some contemporary country songs to add to your wedding song list? There are many beautiful and romantic tracks like You by Dan + Shay, If It Were Up To Me by Johnny and Heidi, Forever To Go by Chase Rice, Love You Like I Used To by Russell Dickerson, etc.
What are some upbeat country wedding songs?
There are many upbeat country songs that can capture all the love and romance at a wedding and set the mood. You can pick songs such as Looking for a Reason by Little Big Town, Just A Kiss by Lady Antebellum, We Danced by Brad Paisley, Second Serenade by Like A Knife, etc.
What are the best 90s country first dance songs?
For your first dance at the wedding, romantic country songs with the retro magic of the 90s can be perfect. For that, you can pick tracks such as Alan Jackson’s Livin’ on Love, Trisha Yearwood’s Thinkin’ About You, John Berry’s Your Love Amazes Me, Little Texas’ My Love, and more.
What are the best country songs for the father-daughter dance?
The father-daughter dance is a beautiful moment at a wedding – and this moment on the dance floor deserves a special playlist. You can include country songs like My Wish (Rascal Flatts), I Loved her First (Heartland), When She Grows Up (Craig Campbell), etc., for this precious moment.
What are the best country songs for mother-son dance?
The moment the groom shares the dance floor with his mother is a precious one when everyone present can be moved to tears. Sentimental country songs such as Angels (Randy Travis), Don’t Blink (Kenny Chesney), I Called Mama (Tim McGraw), etc., can be perfect for the mother-son dance.
What is a good country song to walk out to after we are married?
When it’s time to leave your wedding reception, you’ll want to have some upbeat songs playing as you go. Some good options include Why Don’t We Just Dance by Josh Turner, I Wanna Love Somebody Like You by Keith Urban, How Forever Feels by Kenny Chesney, and Cowboy Take Me Away by Dixie Chicks.
What songs would you not play at a wedding?
While there are plenty of songs that are great for a wedding, there are some that are not the best options to pick out. Some of these include Bon Jovi’s You Give Love a Bad Name, Mother In Law by Ernie K-Doe, Highway To Hell by AC/DC, Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division, and I Hate Everything About You by Three Days Grace.
How many songs should be played at a wedding?
When you’re picking out the songs for your wedding ceremony, you can pick between two and three songs to be played throughout. But for your reception, you should consider picking 15 songs per hour to be played throughout the entire night.
So if you plan to have a three-hour wedding, you should pick around 45 songs.
Your wedding can become all the more beautiful and memorable if you have a playlist of your favorite country wedding songs.
Imagine the voice of melodious country singers crooning in the background when you walk down the aisle or look into the eyes of your beloved during the first dance. I hope that our list of songs will help you find to create the perfect country wedding song playlist for your special day.
What are your favorite country wedding songs? Let us know in the comments section below!
Deanna has a knack for finding unique vacation destinations. She regularly puts her research skills into action to find the most amazing LGBTQ-friendly honeymoon ideas.