Looking for the perfect song for a combined parent wedding dance? We’ve got you covered!
Wedding music can be difficult to choose. The father-daughter wedding dance and the mother-son wedding dance are beautiful moments that can move everyone at the wedding to tears.
But did you know that a lot of families prefer a combined wedding dance to avoid being the center of attention? You can do that too with these dance songs for your wedding reception below!
Check out the best wedding songs of all time playlist that we have put together for you!
Top 40 Most Memorable Combined Parent Wedding Dance Songs of 2022
You may have already come across popular mother-son and father-daughter wedding dance songs – but how do you find music that can accommodate both dances at the same time for a truly memorable moment? Our top tip: look for a wedding dance song that does not mention mother, father, son, or daughter. If that seems challenging, don’t worry, we have some great song ideas! Check out our list of songs to choose from for wedding dance music to find the right popular song for this special dance.
Find the Perfect Song: Top 40 Combined Parent Wedding Dance Songs
- Then They Do – Trace Adkins
- Landslide – Fleetwood Mac
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Hero – Mariah Carey
- Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
- Baby Mine – Arcade Fire
- You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
- You’ll Be In My Heart – Phil Collins
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Child Of Mine – Carole King
- Daughters – John Mayer
- Do I Make You Proud – Taylor Hicks
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Everything I Do, I Do For You – Bryan Adams
- Wide Open Spaces – The Dixie Chicks
- How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You – James Taylor
- When You Need Me–Bruce Springsteen
- I Can See Clearly Now – Jimmy Cliff and Johnny Nas
- You Are The Sunshine Of My Life – Stevie Wonder
- A Wink and A Smile–Harry Connick Jr.
- Times Of Your Life – Paul Anka
- Just The Two Of Us–Grover Washington
- Kind and Generous–Natalie Merchant
- Let Them Be Little–Billy Dea
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Look At Us–Vince Gill
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina & The Waves
- Teach Your Children – Crosby, Stills, and Nash
- Daughter – Loudon Wainwright III
- Sweet Child o’ Mine – Luna
- Somebody’s Hero – Jamie O’Neal
- Father and Daughter – Paul Simon
- My Darling – Wilco
- Blessed–Elton John
- Bridge Over Troubled Water–Simon and Garfunkel, Clay Aiken
- How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You–James Taylor
- Save The Last Dance For Me–Drifters
- Sweet Pea–Amos Lee
- Memories are Made of This – Dean Martin
Frequently Asked Questions
Since the wedding day is special for both sides of the family, finding the perfect combined parent dance song is important. Do you still have questions about joint father-daughter/mother-son wedding dance songs?
Check out the answers to some of the most common queries regarding tender wedding songs to dance to with parents below.
What is a parents’ dance at a wedding?
A parent dance is when the father-daughter duo or the mother-son duo dance at a wedding. Sometimes, friends, siblings, a loved one, or another parent act as the replacement if the parent is not there. To make this moment special, you need to choose the perfect wedding dance song.
What is a joint parent dance?
Simply put, it’s a dance that combines both the father/daughter and mother/son dances into one.
Who picks the mother-son wedding song?
For the mother-son dance at the wedding, it’s usually the groom who chooses a slow song to pay tribute to his mother. But it’s okay for a mother to dedicate a song to her son. Sometimes a mother and son select their favorite special song together for the slow dance. It is a special moment between mother and son.
Do you have to dance with your parents at the wedding?
You don’t have to do anything at your wedding aside from saying “I Do” and having a great time. However, if you want to stick with tradition, you should include a dance with your parents.
What is a good song for a combined parent dance?
There’s a myriad of songs that are perfect for a combined parent dance. You can try songs like My Wish by Rascal Flatts, Sweet Child O’ Mine by Sheryl Crow, Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, You’ve Got A Friend In Me by Randy Newman, and more.
Does anyone plan on a joint father/daughter & mother/son dance?
Many families choose to have a joint father/daughter and mother/son dance. If any of the parents are reluctant about the dance, so many families choose to do the dance together. This is the perfect way to create a memory without drawing attention.
What songs do mothers and sons dance to at weddings?
A mother-son dance at the wedding is a moment that you will never forget. For this beautiful dance, you can choose songs like Mother Like Mine by The Band Perry, Mom by Meghan Trainor, The First Lady in My Life by Paul Todd, etc.
What is a good song for a father-daughter wedding dance?
Looking for especially beautiful songs for the moment when the father and the bride share the dance floor at the wedding? You can use songs like Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder, Daughters by John Mayer, Father and Daughter by Paul Simon, etc.
Does the mother of the bride dance with the groom?
Once the father-daughter dance and the mother-son dance are over, there’s another parent dance that can be absolutely beautiful. This is when the mother of the bride dances with the groom, and the bride dances with the groom’s father.
Years from now, when you look back and think about your wedding day, you won’t just remember the song that created magic when you two grabbed attention as the newly-married dancing couple.
You’ll also think about the joint combined parent dance song. It can be a classic song or an introspective song – or you can go with funny songs. We hope that our list of music will help you find some awesome songs for this special moment!
What are your favorite combined parent wedding dance songs? Please share your pick below!