Looking for some beautiful combined parent wedding dance songs? I’ve got you covered!
The father-daughter dance and the mother-son dance at a wedding are two beautiful moments that can move everyone at the wedding to tears.
But did you know that a lot of families prefer a combined dance in order to avoid being the center of attention? You can do that too with these dance songs below!
Check out the best wedding songs of all time playlist that we have put together for you!
Top 40 Combined Parent Wedding Dance Songs of 2021
You must have already come across popular mother-son and father-daughter dance songs. But how do you find wedding music that can accommodate both?
The key is to look for a list of songs that do not mention mother, father, son, or daughter. If that seems like a difficult job, don’t worry and check out our wedding reception music suggestions to find the right song for this special dance.
- Then They Do – Trace Adkins
- Landslide – Fleetwood Mac
- Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- Hero – Mariah Carey
- Wind Beneath My Wings – Bette Midler
- Baby Mine – Arcade Fire
- You Raise Me Up – Josh Groban
- You’ll Be In My Heart – Phil Collins
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Child Of Mine – Carole King
- Daughters – John Mayer
- Do I Make You Proud – Taylor Hicks
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
- Everything I Do, I Do For You – Bryan Adams
- Wide Open Spaces – The Dixie Chicks
- How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You – James Taylor
- When You Need Me–Bruce Springsteen
- I Can See Clearly Now – Jimmy Cliff and Johnny Nas
- You Are The Sunshine Of My Life – Stevie Wonder
- A Wink and A Smile–Harry Connick Jr.
- Times Of Your Life – Paul Anka
- Just The Two Of Us–Grover Washington
- Kind and Generous–Natalie Merchant
- Let Them Be Little–Billy Dea
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Look At Us–Vince Gill
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina & The Waves
- Teach Your Children – Crosby, Stills, and Nash
- Daughter – Loudon Wainwright III
- Sweet Child o’ Mine – Luna
- Somebody’s Hero – Jamie O’Neal
- Father and Daughter – Paul Simon
- My Darling – Wilco
- Blessed–Elton John
- Bridge Over Troubled Water–Simon and Garfunkel, Clay Aiken
- How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You–James Taylor
- Save The Last Dance For Me–Drifters
- Sweet Pea–Amos Lee
- Memories are Made of This – Dean Martin
Frequently Asked Questions
Since the wedding day is special for both families, finding the perfect combined parent dance song is important. Do you still have questions about joint father-daughter/mother-son songs?
Check out the answers to the most common queries regarding parents’ dance wedding songs to dance to below.
A parent dance is when the father-daughter duo or the mother-son duo dance at a wedding. Sometimes, friends, siblings, a loved one, or another parent may act as the replacement. To make this moment special, you need to choose the perfect song.
Simply put, it’s a dance that combines both the father/daughter and mother/son dances into one.
For the mother-son dance at the wedding, it’s usually the groom who chooses a tender song to pay tribute to his mother. But it’s fine for a mother to dedicate a song to her son. Sometimes, they choose their favorite music that means something special to them.
You don’t HAVE to do anything at your wedding aside from saying “I Do” and have a great time. However, if you want to stick with tradition, yes, you should include a dance with your parents.
There’s a myriad of songs that are perfect for a combined parent dance. You can try songs like My Wish by Rascal Flatts, Sweet Child O’ Mine by Sheryl Crow, Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, You’ve Got A Friend In Me by Randy Newman, and more.
A lot of families choose to have a joint father/daughter and mother/son dance. If any of the parents are reluctant about the dance, this is the perfect way to create a memory without drawing attention. That’s why many families choose to do the dance together.
A mother-son dance at the wedding is a moment that you will never be able to forget. For this beautiful dance, you can choose songs like Mother Like Mine by The Band Perry, Mom by Meghan Trainor, The First Lady in My Life by Paul Todd, etc.
Looking for especially beautiful songs for the moment when the father and the bride share the dance floor at the wedding? You can use songs like Isn’t She Lovely by Stevie Wonder, Daughters by John Mayer, Father and Daughter by Paul Simon, etc.
Once the father-daughter dance and the mother-son dance are over, there’s another parent dance that can be absolutely beautiful. This is when the mother of the bride dances with the groom, and the bride dances with the groom’s father.
Years from now, when you look back and think about your wedding day, you won’t just remember the song that created magic when you two grabbed attention as the newly-married dancing couple.
You’ll also think about the combined parent dance song. It can be a classic song or an introspective song – or you can go with funny songs. We hope that our list of music will help you find some awesome songs for this special moment!
What are your favorite combined parent wedding dance songs? Please share your pick below!