Looking for a list of great cake cutting songs to help you find the perfect one for your own big day? I’ve got you!
If you’re searching for popular cake cutting songs for your own special day, look no further! I’ve rounded up a selection of popular wedding crooners that are sure to set the celebratory mood. From traditional classics with timeless lyrics to upbeat favorites with cheerful melodies, there’s something for every kind of party.
Whether you opt to go with something simple or a popular classic like John Legend’s “All Of Me,” these popular cake cutting songs are guaranteed to make your wedding moments unforgettable!
Below, I shared a whopping 120 ideas, from traditional tunes to modern hits. I even included some funny songs for couples with a sense of humor. Let’s get started!
RELATED: 17 Great Love Songs for Weddings
Cake Cutting Wedding Song: What’s the Big idea?
For starters, there is the fact that playing a choice song when cutting the wedding cake is customary at most weddings, so it generally makes sense to play one as long as you are cutting a cake. However, cake cutting music also has its significance, which is the main reason you should try it.
The cake cutting itself is a very important moment in the wedding, as there is some deep symbolism to the couple joining hands to cut the cake. For some, it symbolizes the new shared path and the fact that they will now approach their affairs as a loving unit. It is only fitting that such a memorable event should take place to the sound of some marvelous and, as much as possible, lyrically relevant music.
How to Choose Cake-Cutting Songs
There are not many things you have to keep in mind when choosing a cake-cutting song, as most love songs will suffice anyway. However, here are some small pointers to keep in mind.
- The more lyrically relevant the song, the better. While you don’t need the song to be about shared journeys or just the idea of a wedding cake, it makes sense to find some songs of this type.
- Hearty and cheerful, even noticeably, humorous songs are generally your best bet for a wedding cake-cutting.
- Fast or medium-tempo songs ate the best for cake cuttings, unless you personally prefer slower tunes.
- Feel free to choose a song that’s not about romance, as long as it’s not about anything too unrelated.
80 Best Cake Cutting Songs
The cake cutting ceremony during the wedding reception is a moment of celebration. So it deserves an upbeat, romantic track in the background. Today, we have put together a list of popular ideas for the bride and groom.
Take a look at this amazing wedding playlist and take your pick your best day!
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- Grow Old With You – Adam Sandler
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Don’t You (Forget About Me) – Simple Minds
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina & the Waves
- White Wedding – Billy Idol
- Love And Marriage – Frank Sinatra
- Sweetheart – Thomas Rhett
- Hooked On A Feeling – Blue Suede
- Lovely Day – Bill Withers
- Days Like This – Van Morrison
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
- When I’m Sixty-Four – Beatles. Check more beatles first dance songs.
- You Are The Best Thing – Ray LaMontagne
- No One’s Gonna Love You – Band of Horses
- Love on Top – Beyoncé
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love – Queen
- A Good Night – John Legend
- Pour Some Sugar on Me – Def Leppard
- End Up With You –Carrie Underwood
- Sweetest Thing – Allman Brown
- Sugar Sugar – The Archies
- Happy Together – Turtles
- Gonna Love Ya– Aviici
- All of Me – Willie Nelson
- Fly Me to the Moon – Frank Sinatra
- How Deep Is Your Love – Bee Gees
- Waiting In Vain – Bob Marley
- Baby I Love You – Aretha Franklin
- I Choose You – Sara Bareilles
- Tell Me Something Good – Rufus and Chaka Kahn
- Love You Madly – Cake
- Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now – Starship
- Get The Party Started – Pink
- A Big Hunk O Love – Elvis
- The Way You Look Tonight – Michael Buble
- That’s Amore – Dean Martin
- Marry Me – Train
- Die A Happy Man – Thomas Rhett
- Shower Me With Your Love – Surface
- Cuts Like Knife – Bryan Adams
- Yummy – Justin Beiber
- I Got You Babe – Sonny & Cher
- Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations
- Cake By The Ocean – DNCE
- Signed, Sealed Delivered – Stevie Wonder
- The Light – Common
- The Best I Ever Had – Drake (the clean version)
- Interlude (That’s Love) – Chance the Rapper
- You’re All I Need To Get By – Method Man featuring Mary J Blige
- ily (i love you baby) – Surf Mesa and Emilee
- From This Moment On – Shania Twain
- Sweet Thing – Keith Urban
- Whole Lives – Jake Scott
- Today Was a Fairytale – Taylor Swift
- Something Just Like This – The Chainsmokers and Coldplay
- Sweet Creature – Harry Styles
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot – Pat Benatar
- Sugar, We’re Goin Down – Fall Out Boy
- On Top of the World – Imagine Dragons
- Little Moments – Brad Paisley
- Just The Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- A Thousand Year – Ed Sheeran
- Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
- Build Me Up Buttercup – Foundations
- Love and Marriage – Frank Sinatra
- Lollipop – Chordettes
- The Candy Man – Sammy Davis Jr.
- I Want Candy –Bow Wow Wow
- A Spoonful of Sugar (Mary Poppins) – Julie Andrews
- Candyman – Christina Aguilera
- I Kissed A Girl – Katy Perry
- Tutti Frutti – Little Richard
- Pledging My Love – Emmylou Harris
- Take Me – George Jones
- There You Go Again – Kenny Rogers
- Not a Day Goes By – Lonestar
- I Don’t Want To Miss a thing – Mark Chesnutt
- Better be good to me – Tina Turner
- Happy – Pharell Williams
READ MORE: 80 Best Mother Son Wedding Songs
10 Rock Songs to Cut Your Wedding Cake To
If you’re looking for a way to infuse some rock ‘n roll into your wedding, look no further than the wedding cake cutting ceremony. This is one wedding tradition that absolutely screams for a classic rock wedding cake song.
From Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” to Trick Daddy and Trina’s “I’m From Miami,” there are plenty of choices in the rock genre to choose from and make your wedding cake moment even more enjoyable and exciting. Be sure to let the DJ or band know ahead of time what kind of rock wedding songs you’d like so they can properly prepare.
Let the wedding cake cutting ceremony be an unexpected highlight of your big day!
Check out our favorite rock wedding songs below.
- If I Had a Million Dollars – Barenaked Ladies
- For the Longest Time – Billy Joel
- Cuts Like a Knife – Bryan Adams
- We’ve Only Just Begun – Carpenters
- Power of Love – Celine Dion
- Your Song – Elton John
- Here We Are – Gloria Estefan
- Only Wanna Be with You – Hootie & The Blowfish
- Let It Be Me – Jackson Browne
- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me – Gloria Estefan
10 Country Wedding Cake Cutting Songs
Country music is fun, romantic, and filled with popular wedding cake songs. The melodious soundscape with the rustic use of guitar, harmonica, and more blend to create an amazing atmosphere.
Not only will your guests be tapping their feet to the beat, but they’ll also be humming along to the familiar lyrics. Country music has been enjoyed in groups since popular artists like Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton began sharing their masterpieces over 60 years ago – making it a timeless favorite for weddings.
You can also make your cake cutting moment at the wedding special with our recommended country songs.
- I Just Fall in Love Again – Anne Murray
- Chapel of Love – Dixie Cups
- This Kiss – Faith Hill
- Are you gonna kiss me or not – Thompson Square
- I’m in – Radney Foster
- The Wind Beneath My Wings – Gary Morris
- At Last – Gene Watson
- Take Me – George Jones
- Your Love Amazes Me – John Berry
- All I Need To Know – Kenny Chesney
10 Funny & Clever Cake Cutting Songs
Granted, your wedding ceremony is all about love and deserves a romantic song list. But you can also include some funny and witty songs to add some humor to the ceremony.
Humorous songs are perfect for the cake cutting. Here’s a list of funny tracks if you want to take a step away from a classic song list.
- Cake – Flo Rida & 99 Percent
- Whole Lives – Jake Scott
- This Is What You Came For – Calvin Harris featuring Rihanna
- I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) – Four Tops
- Watermelon Sugar – Harry Styles
- Eat it – Weird Al Yankovic
- Milkshake – Kellis
- Cups and Cakes – Spinal Tap
- Lips Like Sugar – Echo & The Bunnymen
- Sugalumps – Flight of The Conchords
Check: 140 Wedding Party Entrance Songs
10 Pop Punk Cake Cutting Songs
Who said you can’t add a little bit of punk rock mood to a wedding? Here’s a list of pop-punk tracks that will set a unique mood at your wedding.
- “Lover’s Rock” – The Clash
- Twenty One Pilots – Lina West
- All The Small Things – Blink 182
- Last Night on Earth – Green Day
- Goodnight Moon – Go Radio
- I’ll Catch You – The Get Up Kids
- I Don’t Mind – Defeater
- Last Night on Earth – Green Day
- Ruby Soho – Rancid
- Beat It – Fall Out Boy
Frequently Asked Questions
If you still have queries about wedding cake cutting songs, here are the answers to some common queries!
What are good wedding cake-cutting songs?
Some of the best songs to play during the cake cutting ceremony are James Taylor’s How Sweet It Is, Aaron Carter’s I Want Candy, Harry Styles’ Sweet Creature, Thomas Rhett’s Sweetheart, Flo Rida \u0026 99 Percent’s Cake, Sweetest Thing – U2, This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” by Natalie Cole, “I Can’t Help Myself” (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) by The Four Tops, “What a Wonderful World,” by Louis Armstrong, “Sweet Dreams” but the Eurythmics, Sweet Disposition” by The Temper Trap, Sweet Emotion – Aerosmith and many more. “,
Do you play a song when cutting the wedding cake?
Cake cutting is a fun ritual at a wedding, and couples often like to play a song while cutting the cake together and feeding a piece to each other. A cake cutting song is not mandatory, but it can add a tone of fun and romance to the wedding.
What comes first: First dance or cake cutting?
As far as tradition goes, cake cutting happens right after a couple has their first dance. In a way, this is a great practice since the wedding cake gets served to the guests right after the couple has done the tradition.
Also, cake cutting is a silent cue that guests can start heading home without being rude.
Is cake cutting done before speeches?
If the couple decides to have the toast done after the first course, the cake cutting practice should be delayed after guests are done eating the main course.
How do you announce it’s time to cut the cake?
Before the actual practice of cake cutting, the announcement should be done already. In most weddings, the host makes this announcement before the couple starts having their first dance.
When they are done with their first dance, the couple can be directed towards the cake that is waiting for them. They can then make the first slice using a specially crafted cake knife designated for the big event.
How long should a cake-cutting song be?
The cake cutting is a fun and short ritual that usually lasts for about 3 minutes. One song should be enough to cover the entire ritual even for the most grand modern wedding cake. But if you want to extend your cake cutting, you may need a longer song or two short songs.
The wedding cake cutting is an iconic part of a wedding ceremony, and while it’s usually only a few minutes long, many couples realize that they need the perfect wedding cake cutting song to set the scene.
Choosing the right cake cutting song can become an important part of creating the overall atmosphere at your milestone event. A longer song or even two shorter songs might be appropriate if you wish to extend the ceremony beyond three minutes.
But whatever cake cutting song you choose, it should reflect your style and add just the right touch to your special day.
What does the cutting of the cake symbolize?
When cutting a cake, the hand of the groom should be on top of the bride’s. This action symbolizes that he is going to support her and their future together.
Another practice is for the couple to cut a slice of the cake from the upper tier as it symbolizes the longevity of their relationship.
Why do the bride and groom cut the cake together?
The tradition of cutting a cake together at a wedding symbolizes the first task that the couple needs to do with each other. It shows that they will be together no matter what the circumstance may be.
Who gets the first slice of wedding cake?
The bride and groom both have the first bite of the wedding cake at the same time. The couple usually has to intertwine their arms together so they can serve the cake to each other using a fork.
In some weddings, couples opt to smash the cake onto each other’s faces. This can be a fun action to make, but be sure to get your spouse’s approval before deciding to do so.
What is a silent cake cutting
A silent cake cutting is similar to the traditional wedding practice. While your guests are dancing at your party, you can gather your immediate family members to surround your spouse as you cut the cake.
The cake is then served to everyone at the venue.
Can I skip cake cutting at a wedding?
There are many couples who opt to skip cake cutting during their wedding day as they believe it is an overrated practice. Instead, there are plenty of other options that can be done without costing so much money.
Not to mention, there are many weddings who attribute the food waste to the wedding cake since it rarely gets to be served to the wedding guests.
If this is something you are not keen on doing, you can skip having a cake cutting at your wedding day.
Wedding songs set the mood for the entire reception, so you want to choose something that fits your unique style for you and your new spouse but will still entertain guests.
That goes for everything from the processional to the first dance, to the wedding reception and- yes- even the cake cutting ceremony.
Choosing wedding cake cutting songs can be one of the more difficult wedding music decisions to make. It’s a special moment that shouldn’t be taken lightly, as it can truly set the mood for the entire wedding reception.
When selecting wedding cake cutting songs, you want something that reflects your personal style as a couple yet still entertains guests. Many wedding couples opt for upbeat and playful songs that are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face – from children to grandparents. Done right, wedding cake cutting songs can create an atmosphere of fun and celebration for everyone in attendance.
I hope you found something perfect for your big day from our list above!
What are your favorite cake-cutting songs? We’d love to hear them in the comments below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own blog.