A bridal shower is a time for a bride to relax and de-stress with her friends and family before she ties the knot. It’s a party to celebrate the bride and gives guests the chance to congratulate her and wish her well on her upcoming nuptials.
Typically at these events, a bridal card is given to the bride. While you may have already sent them a card to congratulate the couple on their engagement, this is an entirely different thing.
A bridal card is typically used by guests as a way to offer advice and heartfelt words to the bride before the big day, but thinking of the right words can be tricky for some.
If you’re struggling to put your feelings into words, then take a look at a few of the examples below to give you some inspiration.
Advice cards are a great way for guests to contribute to the bridal shower, and for the bride to have a special keepsake from the event. Whether you choose to offer words of wisdom, share a favorite memory, or offer congratulations, your words are sure to be cherished by the bride.
Joke Things To Write
Your wishes for the wedding shower should be upbeat and congratulatory, but not boring! Make sure that your message for the wedding shower card reflects the fact that the two of you are good friends and poke fun at each other. Here are a few ideas for you:
- They say that married life is difficult so you already have my phone number if you need me! I wish you the very best of luck and lots of love.
- On this very wonderful day, I hope all your desires and dreams come true! Just keep in mind that you know where to contact me if you find yourself needing an exit strategy. All my love.
- You are an incredible buddy who’s not just thoughtful but also stunning. If Jason doesn’t respect you, he’ll have to answer me about how he treated you. My best wishes are with both of you.
- It’s getting close to the big day! It’s not too late to change your mind and walk away! I’m joking; we both know that the two of you have found each other and are happy together. Congratulations!
- I could tell you how much I love and cherish our friendship, how you mean more to me than anyone else in this world, and how you and Wes are the most perfect couple that has ever lived, but I’m pretty sure I’d start ugly crying and break down if I did that. Instead, to avoid smudging my mascara any further, I will just say this: Congratulations! I hope that everything works out perfectly for you.
What To Write To Your Daughter
If your daughter is getting married, a bridal shower card is an excellent way to express your happiness and enthusiasm for the happy couple. Feel free to reminisce about good times, send your congrats, and share whatever marriage wisdom you have.
- Don’t put undue stress on yourself to write the perfect message for the bridal shower card. Simply speak from the bottom of your heart and let your joy shine through.
- The only thing that should matter to a parent is that her daughter is happy, healthy, and loved. When Sean is involved, I never have to stress about anything. I am thinking about you and sending you all of the love in the world.
- I want to offer my sincere congratulations to my lovely daughter. I can’t express how happy and proud I am of you. I pray that your wedding day and life together are filled with joy and happiness.
- The day of your wedding is drawing nearer. On the happiest day of your life, when you walk down the aisle to be married, I can’t wait to see you. I adore you more than anything else in the world.
- Simply being in the same room as you and Greg make me the happiest parent in the world because it reassures me that you are loved, treasured, and supported to the fullest extent possible. Congratulations!
- You are the kindest, most caring, and most wonderful daughter that any parent could ever hope to have. On the occasion of your important day, I can’t wait to rejoice with you.
- Marriage is not without its share of joys and sorrows. Continue to rejoice in and be grateful for the good times, and show each other support and compassion through the difficult times. Whatever the case may be, you can count on us to be at your side. Best wishes, and may you have a wonderful wedding day!
Many people struggle to find the right words to express their love and happiness to others, even when writing them down. However, the key to writing something good is to not overthink it.
If you need some inspiration about what to write on a bridal shower card, then you can look at the example above.
But don’t worry too much about what you write, because what truly matters is the thought behind the words, and the couple will understand both your intentions and your wishes for them.
As a multi-passionate creative and a self-proclaimed frequent flyer of weddings, Kiara combines her love for the wedding industry and experience as a professional wedding photographer with her writing abilities to share tips, tricks, and helpful information with couples. She is the owner of Switech Studios a popular wedding photography business. With tons of insider information from behind her camera lens on how to have the best wedding possible, Kiara’s in-depth knowledge is sure to put you on the road to wedding planning success.