Once the I do’s have been said, the bouquet has been thrown, and the cake has been eaten, it is time to say goodnight to your guests with a last dance wedding song.
There are usually two options when it comes to choosing the perfect song to end the night with.
You can either go with an upbeat track that everyone is familiar with, or choose a slower tempo romantic song that people can sway to alongside their partner.
Whatever you decide to go with, you will want to make sure that your night finishes with happy memories and a song people will relate to your wedding.
Afterall, it will be the last one they hear.
Picking the last dance song at your wedding can be a tricky affair. However, we have put together a list of 150 of the best last dance wedding songs for you to end the night with.
Your last dance wedding song is an important choice as it’s the last song that will play on your special day, but don’t stress, with our list of 150 amazing songs, you’re sure to find the perfect track to end the night on a high note.
Highlighted Best Last Dance Wedding Songs
While we have covered 150 different last dance wedding songs, we thought we would share a highlight of the below list – which is very useful if you lack time.
There are many different genres to choose from too, so we have selected a number of different songs to start your list off.
- ‘Unforgettable’ – Nat King Cole (slow)
- ‘(I’ve Had) the Time of My Life’ – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes (faster tempo)
- ‘Shut Up and Dance’ – Walk the Moon (faster tempo)
- ‘Could I Have This Dance’ – Anne Murray (country)
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ – Queen (group singing)
- ‘Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go’ – Wham! (wild card)
- ‘All of Me’ – John Legend
- ‘Y.M.C.A’ – Village People (group singing)
- ‘Just Like Heaven’ – The Cure (alternative)
- ‘Uptown Funk’ – Mark Ronson and Calvin Harris (faster tempo)
Slow Tempo Last Dance Wedding Songs
There is nothing more romantic than a slow song that gets everyone embracing their partner at the end of the night.
Not only that, slow songs tend to have very romantic lyrics too. Show your new husband or wife just what they mean to you as you hold them close for a slow dance.
Check out the below songs to get an idea of what slow songs are available as a last dance option:
- ‘At Last’ – Etta James
- ‘Lover’ – Taylor Swift
“Can I go where you go, can we always be this close.”
- ‘Thinking Out Loud’ – Ed Sheeran
- ‘Lady’ – D’Angelo
- ‘How Deep is Your Love’ – Bee Gees
“You know the door to my very soul, you’re the light in my deepest, darkest hour.”
- ‘Unforgettable’ – Nat King Cole
- ‘All of Me’ – John Legend
“All of me loves all of you, give your all to me I’ll give my all to you.”
- ‘The Way You Look Tonight’ – Frank Sinatra
- ‘Hero’ – Enrique Iglesias
- ‘Until the End of Time’ – Justin Timberlake featuring Beyoncé
“Sick and tired of trying to save the world, I just want to spend my time with you, girl.”
- ‘Chasing Cars’ – Snow Patrol
- ‘A Thousand Years’ – Christina Perri
“I have loved you for a thousand years, I’ll love you for a thousand more.”
- ‘Speechless’ – Dan and Shay
- ‘Can’t Take My Eyes Off You’ – Frankie Valli
“You’re just too good to be true, can’t take my eyes off you.”
- ‘Make You Feel My Love’ – Adele
- ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough’ – Marvin Gaye
“From that day on, I made a vow, I’ll be there when you want me.”
- ‘In My Life’ – The Beatles
“But of all these friends and lovers, there is no one compares with you.”
- ‘When You Say Nothing At All’ – Alison Krauss
- ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love’ – Elvis Presley
“Take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can’t help falling in love with you.”
- ‘You’re Beautiful’ – James Blunt
- ‘Keep on Loving You’ – REO Speedwagon
“When I said that I love you, I meant that I love you forever.”
- ‘Faithfully’ – Journey
“Girl, you stand by me. I’m forever yours, faithfully.”
- ‘Your Song’ – Elton John
- ‘Crazy Love’ – Van Morrison
“I can hear her heart beat for a thousand miles, and the heaven’s open every time she smiles.”
- ‘Better Together’ – Jack Johnson
- ‘Unchained Melody’ – The Righteous Brothers
- ‘Yellow’ – Coldplay
“Look at the stars, look how they shine for you.”
- ‘You Are the Best Thing’ – Ray LaMontagne
- ‘Save the Best for Last’ – Vanessa Williams
- ‘God Gave Me You’ – Blake Shelton
- ‘If I Ain’t Got You’ – Alicia Keys
“So nothing in this whole wide world don’t mean a thing, if I ain’t got you with me baby.”
- ‘Beautiful Crazy’ – Luke Coombs
- ‘What a Wonderful World’ – Louis Armstrong
- ‘My Cherie Amour’ – Stevie Wonder
“You’re the only girl my heart beats for, how I wish that you were mine.”
- ‘Let’s Stay Together’ – Al Green
“Cause you make me feel so brand new, and I want to spend my life with you.”
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
- ‘Overjoyed’ – Stevie Wonder
“Over time, I’ve been building my castle of love, just for two, though you never knew you were my reason.”
- ‘Time After Time’ – Cyndi Lauper
“If you’re lost you can look and you will find me, time after time.”
- ‘Wonderful Tonight’ – Eric Clapton
- ‘Coming Home’ – Leon Bridges
“The world leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, girl, you’re the only one that I want.”
Fast Tempo Last Dance Wedding Songs
While a slow song is seen as romantic to end your wedding night on, it doesn’t mean a faster tempo song is any different.
The lyrics can be just as romantic, but a faster tempo allows for a different atmosphere.
It also means everyone is bouncing around and dancing, including those who are single and might feel left out during a slower song.
Here are some songs to consider:
- ‘We Go Together’ – The Grease Ensemble starring Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta
- ‘Young Forever’ – Jay Z Featuring Mr. Hudson
“Let’s dance in style, let’s dance for a while.”
- ‘Evacuate the Dance Floor’ – Cascada
- ‘Uptown Funk’ – Mark Ronson and Calvin Harris
“If you sexy then flaunt it, If you freaky then own it.”
- ‘Sugar’ – Maroon 5
- ‘We Are Family’ – Sister Sledge
- ‘All Night Long’ – Lional Richie
“People dancing all in the street, see the rhythm all in their feet. Life is good, wild and sweet.”
- ‘Shivers’ – Ed Sheeran
- ‘Without You’ – David Guetta Featuring Usher
“I am lost, I am vain, I will never be the same without you.”
- ‘Shut Up and Dance’ – Walk the Moon
- ‘Feels So Close’ – Calvin Harris
“I feel so close to you right now, it’s a forcefield. I wear my heart upon my sleeve, like a big deal, your love pours down on me.”
- ‘One More Time’ – Daft Punk
- ‘Hey Ya’ – Outkast
- ‘Shake It Off’ – Taylor Swift
“I’m dancing on my own (dancing on my own), I make the moves up as I go (moves up as I go).”
- ‘Save the Last Dance For Me’ – Michael Bublé
- ‘Marry You’ – Bruno Mars
“’Cause it’s a beautiful night, we’re looking for something dumb to do. Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you.”
- ‘Last Dance’ – Donna Summer
- ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling’ – Justin Timberlake
- ‘Dancing Queen’ – Abba
“Friday night and the lights are low, looking out for a place to go. Where they play the right music, getting in the swing, you come to look for a king.”
- ‘Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’’ – Michael Jackson
- ‘Shout’ – The Isley Brother
“You been good to me baby, better than I been to myself, hey! Hey! And if you ever leave me
I don’t want nobody else.”
- ‘Jump Around’ – House of Pain
- ‘Love On Top’ – Beyoncé
“I can feel the sun whenever you’re near, every time you touch me I just melt away.”
- ‘Take Me Home Tonight’ – Eddie Money
- ‘Closing Time’ – Semisonic
- ‘This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)’ – Natalie Cole
“Loving you, is some kind of wonderful, because you show me, just how much you care.”
- ‘We Found Love’ – Rihanna and Calvin Harris
- ‘Hold On’ – Wilson Phillips
“Won’t you tell me now, hold On for one more day, ’cause it’s gonna go your way.”
- ‘(I’ve Had) the Time of My Life’ – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
Country Last Dance Wedding Songs
If you are looking to have a country song as your last dance music, then you will be happy to see this list.
There are many which have heartfelt lyrics as well as a great riff and tempo to finish the night on.
Here are some options to consider:
- ‘Could I Have This Dance’ – Anne Murray
- ‘It’s Your Love’ – Tim McGraw
“It’s your love, it just does something to me, it sends a shock right through me.”
- ‘Worth It’ – Danielle Bradbury
- ‘I’ll Still Be Loving You’ – Restless Heart
- ‘She’s Everything’ – Brad Paisley
“And she’s everything I ever wanted, and everything I need.”
- ‘Tennessee Whiskey’ – Chris Stapleton
- ‘It Had to be You’ – Carrie Underwood and Tony Bennett
- ‘Amazed’ – Lonestar
- ‘Love Story’ – Taylor Swift
- ‘She’s in Love with the Boy’ – Trisha Yearwood
- ‘I Don’t Want This Night to End’ – Luke Bryan
“Gonna make the most of every mile, do anything to make your smile. Land on my lips, get drunk on your kiss.”
- ‘Friends in Low Places’ – Garth Brook
- ‘Easy Loving’ – Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty
- ‘Today Was a Fairytale’ – Taylor Swift
“Can you feel this magic in the air? It must have been the way you kissed me.
Fell in love when I saw you standing there.”
- ‘Keeper of the Stars’ – Tracy Byrd
- ‘Wagon Wheel’ – Darius Rucker
- ‘When I Said I Do’ – Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black
- ‘You’re Still the One’ – Shania Twain
“When I first saw you, I saw love. And the first time you touched me, I felt love.”
- ‘Love Wins’ – Carrie Underwood
- ‘If Tomorrow Never Comes’ – Garth Brooks
Rock, Metal, Alternative And Emo Last Dance Wedding Songs
A wedding doesn’t have to be all pop, country and dance. If you are the type of couple who like a bit of metal and alternative music, then check out this list for some options that suit a wedding.
Try to steer clear from anything that is too heavy. Recognizable tracks are always the best, as people can sing along, even if they are not a big fan of the music genre.
For inspiration, take a look at these:
- ‘Best of Me’ – The Starting Line
“We got older but we’re still young, we never grew out of this feeling that we won’t give up.”
- ‘I Caught Fire’ – The Used
- ‘Clavicle’ – Alkaline Trio
“Told you I thought you were gorgeous, you gave me your phone number, I gave you mine.”
- ‘I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing’ – Aerosmith
- ‘Until the Day I Die’ – Story of the Year
“Until the day I die, I’ll spill my heart for you.”
- ‘1985’ – Bowling for Soup
- ‘Ocean Avenue’ – Yellowcard
“We’re lookin’ up at the same night sky, keep pretending the sun will not rise.”
- ‘Dizzy on the Comedown’ – Turnover
- ‘Best Day of My Life’ – American Authors
- ‘All the Small Things’ – Blink 182
“She left me roses by the stairs, surprises let me know she cares.”
- ‘Honestly’ – Cartel
- ‘Just Like Heaven’ – The Cure
“Spinning on that dizzy edge, kissed her face and kissed her head. Dreamed of all the different ways, I had to make her glow.”
- ‘You Shook Me All Night’ – AC/DC
“Working double time on the seduction line, she’s one of a kind, she’s just mine, all mine.”
- ‘Pour Some Sugar On Me’ – Def Leppard
- ‘Hands Down’ – Dashboard Confessional
“My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me, so won’t you kill me, so I die happy?”
- ‘Thunderstruck’ – AC/DC
- ‘The Final Countdown’ – Europe
“We’re leavin’ together, but still it’s farewell.”
- ‘Blue and Yellow’ – The Used
- ‘Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)’ – Green Day
“It’s something unpredictable, but in the end, it’s right. I hope you had the time of your life.”
- ‘Mr Brightside’ – The Killers
- ‘For Me This is Heaven’ – Jimmy Eat World
“Can you still feel the butterflies? Can you still hear the last goodnight?.”
Songs Everyone Will Sing To For The Last Dance Wedding Songs
One of the best and fun ways to end a wedding is by getting everyone singing. There are plenty of songs that people will be very familiar with.
So long as it has some fun lyrics and an uptempo beat, then you are likely onto a winner.
However, here are some ideas to get those juices flowing:
- ‘Don’t Stop Believing’ – Journey
“Don’t stop believin’, hold on to that feelin’.”
- ‘I’m Gonna Be (5000 Miles)’ – The Proclaimers
- ‘I Love It’ – Icona Pop Featuring Charli XCX
“You’re on a different road, I’m in the Milky Way. You want me down on Earth, but I am up in space.”
- ‘Livin’ On A Prayer’ – Bon Jovi
- ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ – Guns N’ Roses
“She’s got a smile that it seems to me, reminds me of childhood memories.”
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ – Queen
“Too late, my time has come, sends shivers down my spine, body’s aching all the time.”
- ‘Africa’ – Toto
- ‘Come On Eileen’ – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
- ‘Call Me Maybe’ – Carly Rae Jepson
“Your stare was holdin’, ripped jeans, skin was showin’, hot night, wind was blowin’.”
- ‘Sweet Caroline’ – Neil Diamond
- ‘Time Warp’ – Rocky Horror Picture Show
- ‘Piano Man’ – Billy Joel
“We’re all in the mood for a melody, and you’ve got us feelin’ alright.”
- ‘Y.M.C.A’ – Village People
- ‘Sweet Home Alabama’ – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- ‘Paradise City’ – Guns N’ Roses
“Rags to riches or so they say, ya gotta keep pushin’ for the fortune and fame.”
- ‘Brown Eyed Girl’ – Van Morrison
- ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ – Queen
- ‘Hey Jude’ – The Beatles
“Remember to let her into your heart, then you can start to make it better.”
- ‘Eye of the Tiger’ – Survivor
- ‘I Believe in a Thing Called Love’ – The Darkness
Wild Card Last Dance Wedding Songs
Just because it is a wedding doesn’t mean you can’t just pick a song because you like it.
You might also have your own song as a couple, and if you want to play it your wedding, then sometimes right at the end is the best way to go.
While some of the options below are romantic, we have added in some fun tracks that work well to finish off the night during your last dance.
Consider some of these options:
- ‘Happy’ – Pharrell Williams
“It might seem crazy what I am ’bout to say, sunshine, she’s here, you can take a break.”
- ‘The Edge of Glory’ – Lady Gaga
- Lose Yourself’ – Eminem
- ‘Last Dance’ – Dua Lipa
“You’re the only thing I know, and I don’t wanna let this go. Close to you I feel, feel like I’m at home.”
- ‘Push It’ – Salt-N-Pepa
- ‘Adore You’ – Miley Cyrus
“When you say you love me, know I love you more. When you say you need me, know I need you more.”
- ‘All My Life’ – K-Ci and JoJo
“And all my life I’ve prayed for someone like you, and I thank God that I, that I finally found you.”
- ‘Forever’ – Charli XCX
“I will always love you (Love you), I’ll love you forever (Ever).”
- ‘Fever’ – Peggy Lee
- ‘One Kiss’ – Dua Lipa and Calvin Harris
- ‘XO’ – John Major
“I’ll give you everything, baby love me lights out.”
- ‘Come Away With Me’ – Norah Jones
“Come away with me, and I’ll never stop loving you.”
- ‘That’s What Love Is’ – Justin Bieber
- ‘This I Promise You’ – N’SYNC
“I’ll be your strength, I’ll give you hope, keeping your faith when it’s gone.”
- ‘Kiss Me’ – Sixpence None the Richer
- ‘Walking on Sunshine’ – Katrina and the Waves
- ‘My Best Friend’ – Tim McGraw
“You’re more than a lover, there could never be another to make me feel the way you do.”
- ‘Thriller’ – Michael Jackson
- ‘World We Created’ – Giveon
“Feelin’ comfortable, right here where you are, sun all on your skin and I’m watchin’ it
light up, every part of me, every part of me.”
- ‘Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go’ – Wham!
What Is The Last Dance At A Wedding?
The last dance at a wedding is what happens to end the night. It is the last dance that is taken before everyone parts ways.
It can end in a number of ways. For example, you can play a slow or romantic song that everyone can embrace their partner to.
It can create a wonderful feeling of romance and togetherness, which ends the day nicely.
But you can also play an upbeat track – perhaps one that everyone knows and can sing along to. This brings the reception to an end with a bang. It also helps it to feel more like a party.
People may remember the latter for its fun and general enjoyment.
If you are looking for alternatives to enjoy your big day, check on a related post Wedding Without Dancing
How Do You Choose Whether A Last Dance Wedding Song Has A Slow Or Fast Tempo?
It can be tricky to know what tempo to go with when it comes to the last dance song at a wedding.
To figure out which type is the most suitable for your wedding, you will need to consider these different questions.
Do remember though, that there isn’t a correct way and a wrong way.
The wedding details are up to you, and you should follow these as a guide.
- Do you imagine the wedding ending with a party atmosphere? If so, a good rock or pop ballad will get everyone singing.
- Do you want the end of the night to finish with a bang? An upbeat song will always do the trick of getting everyone on their feet.
- Do you and your partner want to be the stars of the show? A slow tempo song will be best. You can even have your guests in a circle surrounding you both.
- Can you imagine a romantic finish? A slow song that is best for couples dancing will be the best option to finish your wedding night.
Do not miss Father’s Speech at His Gay Son’s Wedding Will Move You To Tears – a heartwarming article to read.
As you can see, there are plenty of different songs to end your wedding night with.
The only difficult job you will have is narrowing it down to just one – as the last dance only happens once.
From rock ballads to pop favorites, have fun choosing which song to have as your last dance wedding song.
Just remember to choose one that fits your imagination of how you want the night to end.
A slower song is more romantic, while a faster tempo song will have everyone singing and dancing.
As a multi-passionate creative and a self-proclaimed frequent flyer of weddings, Kiara combines her love for the wedding industry and experience as a professional wedding photographer with her writing abilities to share tips, tricks, and helpful information with couples. She is the owner of Switech Studios a popular wedding photography business. With tons of insider information from behind her camera lens on how to have the best wedding possible, Kiara’s in-depth knowledge is sure to put you on the road to wedding planning success.