When planning a special dance for your anniversary, you want it to be a memorable experience. You want the lights to dim and the music to start playing, but more importantly, you want that song that will make your partner blush or smile as they join you on the dance floor — or kitchen floor — the choice is yours and both are romantic!
Of course, there are many possible songs for such an occasion. We’ve compiled a list of all of our Best anniversary dance songs!
“At Last” by Etta James – 1960
This song is a great choice if you’re looking for an old-school, classic feel. She released her cover of the song as a single on Argo Records (her label). It reached number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart that year and was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
Other Old-School Favorites
Sometimes the classics are just what we need to show our love for our partner. Here are some of our favorite classic love songs that would be perfect for an anniversary dance.
- “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley
- “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
- “How Deep Is Your Love” by Bee Gees
- “I’ll Be” by Edwin McCain
- “We’ve Only Just Begun” by Carpenters
- “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauper
- “All My Life” by K-Ci & JoJo
- “I Only Have Eyes for You” by The Flamingos
- “Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)” by The Penguins
- “You and Me” by Lifehouse
- “Nothing Compares 2 U” by Sinéad O’Connor
- “Could I Have This Dance” by Amy Grant and Anne Murray
- “Hopelessly Devoted To You” by Olivia Newton-John
- “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
- “God Only Knows” by The Beach Boys
- “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton
- “(You’re My) Soul and Inspiration” by The Righteous Brothers
- “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)” by Four Tops
- “I’ll Be There” by Jackson 5
- “Your Song” by Elton John
Party Worthy Anniversary Songs
Does your love make you want to get up and dance? If so, these party-worthy anniversary songs might be the perfect fit for you.
- “Keep on Loving You” by REO Speedwagon
- “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” by The Proclaimers
- “Crazy for You” by Madonna
- “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None the Richer
- “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” by Frankie Valli
- “Happy” by Pharrell Williams
- “Just The Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
- “Because of You” by Ne-Yo
- “I Just Called To Say I Love You” by Stevie Wonder
- “(I’ve Had) The Time of My Life” by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
Country Anniversary Songs
Country songs have a way of being honest and truthful yet soft and romantic at the same time, making them the perfect genre choice for an anniversary song.
- “Look at Us” by Vince Gill
- “Forever to Go” by Chase Rice
- “Glad You Exist” by Dan + Shay
- “Loving You Easy” by Zac Brown Band
- “I Keep on Lovin’ You” by Reba McEntire
- “Fall a Little Deeper” by Dan Alley
- “Woman, Amen” by Dierks Bentley
- “Make Me Want To” by Jimmie Allen
- “Slow Dancing in a Parking Lot” by Jordan Davis
- “Song About You” by Sam Grow
- “I Cross My Heart” by George Strait
- “With A Woman You Love” by Justin Moore
- “Diamond In My Pocket” by Cody Johnson
- “Whatever It Is” by Zac Brown Band
- “Through The Years” by Rascal Flatts
- “From the Ground Up” by Dan + Shay
- “Amazed” by Lonestar
- “Better Together” by Luke Combs
- “How Do I Live?” by LeAnn Rimes
- “You Just Get Better All The Time” by Tim McGraw
- “Play It Again” by Luke Bryan
- “Look What God Gave Her” by Thomas Rhett
- “Damn Sure Do” by Tim McGraw
Modern Pop Love Songs (2010 – Now)
A modern love story calls for a modern love song! Here are some of the best:
- “One Call Away” by Charlie Puth
- “Holy” by Justin Bieber (feat. Chance the Rapper)
- “You Are the Reason” by Calum Scott
- “Conversations in the Dark” by John Legend
- “As I Am” by Justin Bieber (feat. Khalid)
- “10,000 Hours” by Dan + Shay (feat. Justin Bieber)
- “Señorita” by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
- “Counting Stars” by OneRepublic
- “Mirrors” by Justin Timberlake
- “Always” by Gavin James
- “Fallin’ All in You” by Shawn Mendes
The Choices are Endless for the Best Anniversary Dance Songs
There are plenty of great anniversary songs you can use for your anniversary dance; just make sure it means something to both you and your partner.
All of the above songs are perfect choices for an anniversary dance because they’re upbeat, fun and also romantic at the same time. We hope you enjoy using these songs in your anniversary celebration, whether you have a small celebration with just you and your partner dancing around the refrigerator light (thanks, Taylor Swift) or a big gathering with your friends and family!
Happy anniversary and don’t forget to make it special!
Also, check out our other favorite playlist to lighten the mood on your big day:
As a multi-passionate creative and a self-proclaimed frequent flyer of weddings, Kiara combines her love for the wedding industry and experience as a professional wedding photographer with her writing abilities to share tips, tricks, and helpful information with couples. She is the owner of Switech Studios a popular wedding photography business. With tons of insider information from behind her camera lens on how to have the best wedding possible, Kiara’s in-depth knowledge is sure to put you on the road to wedding planning success.