If you’re looking for some of the best Beatles first dance songs for your wedding. I’ve got you covered! For every music lover, The Beatles is an iconic band – with songs that are evergreen. Many of us have grown up listening to them because of our parents.
For fans, the romantic songs by this band are the first choice for a wedding song list. Here’s every ideal Beatles first dance song that will make your wedding day memorable.
Top 20 Best Beatles First Dance Songs for Your Wedding
At the wedding reception, the first dance of the new couple is a beautiful moment that everyone will remember. To add a touch of magic and romance that will remind you of the 60s and 70s, Beatles songs are a must.
That’s why I curated this amazing list for you. Take a look! I even included my favorite lyrics to inspire you.
This beautiful romantic track by your favorite band is great for the first dance – and can also work as a processional or recessional song.
There’s nothing you can do that can’t be done
Nothing you can sing that can’t be sung
This is a timeless love song to dedicate to each other during your first dance at the wedding.
Oh please, say to me
You’ll let me be your man
And please, say to me
You’ll let me hold your hand
This beautiful song does not just talk about “here and now” but also about the distant future when you’ll still need each other.
If I’d been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I’m sixty-four
It is a song that reflects a love-at-first-sight kind of feeling, with the heart going “boom” when the first feeling of love hits.
Well, my heart went “boom”
When I crossed that room
And I held her hand in mine
5. Love Me Do
The beautiful tune and lyrics of the song make it perfect for the first dance, as well as a wedding party reception entrance song.
Love, love me do.
You know I love you.
I’ll always be true.
So please, love me do.
Whoa, love me do.
Also check: 70 of the Most Beautiful Songs About Sibling Bond
This timeless tune reflects the trust that glues together a relationship – and it can be an excellent song for the first dance at the wedding.
Somewhere in her smile she knows
That I don’t need no other lover
Something in her style that shows me
I don’t want to leave her now
This one beautiful reflects how deeply you love each other, and how 7 days just aren’t enough to hold all of it.
Love you every day, girl
Always on my mind
One thing I can say, girl
Love you all the time
A beautiful Beatles track to add to your wedding playlist, this is the perfect song for a first dance at a gay wedding with two grooms.
Tell me that you love me, baby
Let me understand
Tell me that you love me, baby
I wanna be your man
The right person can make us see the world in a whole new light – and that’s what this song is about: the power and beauty of love.
There were birds in the sky
But I never saw them winging
No, I never saw them at all
‘Til there was you
10. Ask Me Why
A lovely song about simple love – this Beatles track is beautiful, romantic, and perfect for the first dance at your wedding ceremony.
I love you, ’cause you tell me things I want to know
And it’s true that it really only goes to show
That I know that I, I, I, I
Should never, never, never be blue
11. Hey Jude
One of the most popular Beatles songs, Hey Jude is about finding the right person to love and opening the heart to them.
Hey Jude, don’t make it bad
Take a sad song and make it better
Remember to let her under your skin
Then you’ll begin to make it better
A romantic track about the feeling of pride and love, this Beatles song is great for a lesbian wedding as the first dance song and the recessional couples’ dance.
When I’m with her I’m happy
Just to know that She loves me
Yes, I know that She loves me now
There is one thing I’m sure of
I will love her forever
For I know love will never die
13. Real Love
The song beautifully captures the hopes and dreams of a new couple.
From this moment on I know
Exactly where my life will go
Seems that all I really was doing
Was waiting for love
14. Two of Us
It is believed that Paul McCartney dedicated the song to his then new relationship with Linda – and it makes a lovely first dance song at a wedding.
Two of us sending postcards
Writing letters on my wall
You and me burning matches
On our way back home
15. In My Life
This song is one of my all-time favorites. It’s about that special person that you’ll love above all others. While beautiful as a first dance song, it’s especially touching for a mother-son or father-daughter dance, because it captures the bond between a child and a parent.
Though I know I’ll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I’ll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
If your relationship feels like a breath of fresh air to you, this track can be a calm and melodious song for the first dance.
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly all your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
The words of this song are simple and beautiful – and it’s the perfect way to profess love when you share the dance floor for the first time.
Michelle, ma belle
I love you, I love you, I love you
That’s all I want to say
Until I find a way
I will say the only words I know that you’ll understand
18. All My Loving
While this song has a melancholy note to it, it’s a good first dance song if you and your partner have beaten distance and come together in the end.
Remember, I’ll always be true
And then while I’m away
I’ll write home every day
And I’ll send all my loving to you
19. Words of Love
This is one of the most romantic love songs to play at the wedding during the first dance as you look into each other’s eyes.
Let me hear you say
The words I long to hear
Darling, when you’re near
20. She’s A Woman
A song about love and trust, this Beatles track is one of the most popular wedding songs for the first dance of the new couple.
She will never make me jealous
Gives me all her time as well as loving
Don’t ask me why
25 More Beautiful Beatles Songs for Your First Dance
- Don’t Let Me Down – This beautiful track about finding love after being unloved for a long time is a lovely fit for the first dance.
- Across the Universe – A Beatles track that talks about waves of many emotions, this is a unique first dance song for the spiritual couple.
- And I Love Her – This romantic track can be dedicated to the beautiful bride by the loving grooming, as he makes a commitment to her.
- Tell Me What You See – Make a promise of love and togetherness to your new spouse during the first dance with this incredibly beautiful song.
- I Feel Fine – If you know that you make your woman happy with your love, dedicate this song to her for the couples dance at your wedding.
- I’m Happy Just To Dance With You – This song is all about being in the moment, and it’s the perfect song as the newly wed dances for the first time.
- I’ve Just Seen A Face – This song reflects the feeling of love at first sight and adds a youthful mood to the couples dance.
- I Got A Woman – An unique choice for the first dance song, this Beatles track acknowledges the tender love and friendship that a woman offers.
- Don’t Ever Change – This lovely song can be dedicated to the bride to admire the simple ways of a fuss-free woman who is naturally loving and beautiful.
- All Together Now – This is a fun and upbeat song to which you and your partner can dance when you share the floor at your wedding.
- Do You Want Know A Secret – Your love for your beloved should not remain a secret – and this song is the best way to tell them, especially during your wedding dance.
- I Will – This song is about loving someone for a lifetime – and it’s a beautiful track to dance to during your wedding ceremony.
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da – This song tells the story of Desmond and Molly who love each other – and it’s a lovely track for your first dance.
- Twist And Shout – For the couple that would love to celebrate their union on an upbeat note, this fun song is just perfect for the first dance.
- A Hard Day’s Night – This song can be dedicated to the warm and loving bride who will fill the groom’s life with love and warmth.
- Can’t Buy Me Love – A song about love that’s beyond money and luxury, this Beatles track can set the mood for your first dance.
- All I’ve Got to Do – If you know that your beloved is there for you all the time, this is just the song you need to show some appreciation during the first dance.
- I’m In Love – Your first dance is a beautiful moment to express your love – and this track is the perfect way to tell her so.
- Lovely Rita – A unique choice for the first dance at the wedding, this track can be dedicated to the bride to tell her that nothing can do the couple apart.
- She Loves You – This is a beautiful song about the first feeling of love, and it’s a lovely tune to set the mood for the first dance.
- Got To Get you Into My Life – Tell your special someone how you have stopped feeling lonely because of love – with this lovely song.
- Hold Me Tight – This romantic song is just the right way to tell your special one at the first dance that everything feels right.
- Here, There And Everywhere – Tell your bride that her love has changed your life with this Beatles song to set the mood for your first dance at the wedding.
- Norwegian Wood – This song maybe a unique choice for the first dance but it’s magical, nonetheless, and is loaded with the “Beatles” factor.
- Penny Lane – If you’re not keen to use classic romantic songs for the first dance, this song with surreal images might be what you’re looking for.
Whether you want to go with classic love songs for the first dance or choose something unique, The Beatles is the band for you. We hope this list will help you find the perfect Beatles first dance song. If you’re looking for other artist-based wedding songs, don’t forget to check our Elvis father-daughter wedding songs!
What is your favorite Beatles first dance song? Please share your pick with us below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own blog.