Looking for some amazing anniversary gifts for gay and lesbian couples? You’re in luck, because we’re kicking off a brand-new series that’s just loaded with fabulous ideas for every year from 1-60! We’ll even have extra-special editions for those major milestone anniversaries. Today, we’re kicking things off with the first 9 years. Take a look!
Amazing Anniversary Gifts for Gay and Lesbian Couples for Years 1-9
Every year from 1-60 has both a traditional and modern theme. Most years also have a flower and even a gemstone associated with them. Knowing these themes can really help you narrow down your options for LGBTQ anniversary gifts, so we’ll include that info for you on the table below. Then, we’ll share a couple of our favorite options!
Credit where it’s due: After checking a few different sources, we used Eternity Rose’s list because it’s the most complete. They offer some other alternatives beyond the ones we mention below. The only thing missing was flowers. We turned to 1800Flowers and The Spruce for those.
|1||Paper||Clocks||Gold jewelry or pearl||Carnation||Gold or Yellow|
|3||Leather||Glass or Crystal||Pearl||Sunflower||White|
|4||Fruit or Flowers||Appliances||Blue Topaz||Geranium||Blue|
|5||Wood||Silverware||Sapphire||Daisy||Blue, Pink or Turquoise|
Every one of these ideas are equally perfect for him or her, so we’re not going to break this up into “ anniversary gifts for him,” or “anniversary gifts for her.” Objects have no gender, after all! Let’s get shopping!
FYI, this post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you.
1st anniversary gifts for gay and lesbian couples
For the first year, the tradition involves bringing the new couple something made out of paper,. If you prefer something more modern, though, clocks are the alternate theme. Prefer to give flowers? Go with a beautiful bouquet of carnations, as they symbolize the first anniversary.
For the best same sex anniversary gifts for this year , we have an amazing list of ideas for the first anniversary you can check out!
Our favorite has to be this beautiful Origami Crane! It’s just so beautiful, isn’t it? It makes the perfect meaningful 1st anniversary gift for him or her!
2nd anniversary gift ideas
To celebrate the second year of marriage, couples used to receive gifts made out of cotton. In modern times, gifts including china, garnet, or the color red are also wonderful. Here are some of our favorite ideas!
1. The Story Of Us – Timeline
This couple’s timeline can be found on Etsy and its made out of cotton. It can make a great gift to remind the couple about everything they did together leading up to and since their wedding.
2. Personalized Pillow
Since it’s the year of cotton, you can also get them one of these personalized pillows, with their last name and date on their wedding on it. You can find these on Amazon!
- Material: 100% Cotton Canvas Material. Printed with high quality fabric ink. Machine Washable
- Pillowcase measures 16" H x 16" W
- These throw pillow covers are perfect for embellishing your home, patio or bedroom!
- Please note: pillow or cushion cover is NOT included
- Copyright The Cotton & Canvas Co. Made in the USA.
3rd anniversary gifts LGBTQ Couples
The 3rd year is considered to be the year of leather, but modern options also include glass, crystal, pearl, and jade.
1. Vintage Leather Coasters
Coasters are the perfect accessory for every house, and these Etsy ones may just be the perfect gift!
2. Love is Love Wine Glasses
For the wine lovers out there, these glass from Etsy can be the cutest gifts. They are not expensive and carry an important message.
4th anniversary gifts
The fourth year is all about fruits and flowers in the US. Over in the UK, though, linen and silk are the traditional themes. For modern options, go with appliances! Want to give gemstones? Stick with blue topaz. Actually, anything blue works, too, since that’s the official color.
1. Bouquet of Flowers
Keep things simple and send the couple a beautiful bouquet of flowers to celebrate their 4th wedding anniversary. While anything goes, if you want to really celebrate the special themes of this anniversary, make sure it includes some blue buds. ProFlowers has some amazing options, and you can search by color.
2. Soda Stream
If you want to go with the modern theme, a Soda Stream is a fantastic option. I love this as a gift to give each other, too! With it, you can make your own healthier sodas, carbonated water, and more.
- Make fresh sparkling water at the push of a button.
- Includes: sparkling water maker, (2) 60L Co2 cylinders, (3) 1 liter BPA-free reusable carbonating bottles, and (2) 40 ml zero calorie fruit drops of Lime & Orange.
- Energy efficient, powered by Co2 cylinder. Each cylinder carbonates up to 60 liters of water.
- Easy-to-use snap-lock bottle insertion for quick carbonation.
- Compatible with all SodaStream flavors and SodaStream carbonation bottles (BPA free and better for the planet) except the SodaStream glass carafe.
5th anniversary gift ideas
Wood, silverware, and sapphire mark the 5th year, so that should give you a good range of ideas!
1. Wood Docking Station
A wood docking station is perfect for anyone who likes to stay organized, and these ones from Amazon can be personalized with different fonts, colors and designs.
2. New Silverware
If your favorite couple is anything like me, chances are they’ve lost half of the forks and spoons that came in their silverware wedding gift. The 5th year is a good time to replace them!
I love this modern set on Amazon because it won’t clash with their existing set. That said, if you know what set they already have, you can always order add-on items for it.
- SERVICE FOR 8: Including 8 dinner knives, 8 dinner forks, 8 dinner spoons, 8 teaspoons and 8 salad forks in normal size, Proper size and weight for most family, not only meets the dining needs, but also makes the table setting elegant (2021-06 Update: we have improved the size of the dinner fork to adapt to the habits of more users)
- HEALTHY MATERIAL: Made of high quality stainless steel with no harmful substances, corrosion resistant, nickel free, odorless, Healthy and rust-proof for daily use, High-quality materials and smooth surface make it extremely easy to care, completely dishwasher safe saves you trouble
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION: Not heavy but sturdy enough, High-quality materials make it not easy to bend or damage in daily use, Durable for serving you many years, Ergonomically designed handle and proper weight provide a comfortable grip for adults and children
- MODERN AND LUSTROUS DESIGN: Mirror polished and no need to re-polish, Simple streamlined look without any extra design bothering you, Its stylish and elegant appearance matches almost all styles of tableware and kitchens, The design of the knife is delicate and elegant, Serrated knife blade cut foods and meat thoroughly
- MULTIPURPOSE: Perfect for home daily use. Premium quality makes it suitable for dinner parties, restaurants, weddings, buffets, gatherings. Its elegant shape leaves a good impression and makes it a decent gift choice. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, our excellent after-sales team will provide you with a satisfactory reply
6th anniversary gift ideas
For the sixth anniversary, traditional gifts were made out of iron. Nowadays though, you can choose gifts made out of wood and amethyst too.
1. Heart Shaped Dish
These heart-shaped dishes can make the perfect gift for your partner on the 6th anniversary. They are beautiful, traditional, and you can always use one around the house. You can find them on Etsy.
2. Amethyst Candle
Everyone loves candles, and since we’re talking about amethyst, this can make an awesome present. You can find it on Amazon. Isn’t it just stunning? Even if they never light it, it’s still a beautiful decor item for their home.
7th Year Anniversary Gifts
Copper is the element for the 7th anniversary, but you can also think of wool, brass, and even desk sets. For stone-centric gifts, consider onyx. If you prefer to shop by color, go with yellow for the 7th anniversary.
1. Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 4 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Okay, so it’s not really made of onyx, but this is a clever way to give something a bit more practical (yet fun) to each other on your 7th anniversary. This highly rated speaker is available on Amazon. Grab it and you’ll be dancing the night away together in no time!
- Amplify your listening experience by wirelessly connecting more than 100 HK connect+ enabled speakers.
- The rechargeable battery supports up to 8 hours of playtime
- Stream music wirelessly via Bluetooth to enjoy room-filling sound. Connect up to 2 smart devices at the same time and take turns playing music.
- Access Siri or Google now from the speaker with a simple button press. This can be easily configured via the HK connect app.
- The superior fabric and finishing combines with iconic design to compliment any style.
2. Handmade Copper Teapot
This one is available on Etsy, and it’s handmade by artisans in Turkey. It’s extremely beautiful, especially for those who love vintage accessories.
8th anniversary gifts for gay and lesbian couples
The eighth year is all about bronze, pottery, linen, and lace, and even salt in the UK, so the possibilities are endless.
1. Tree sculpture
A tree sculpture can make any house come to life, and this one from Etsy can be just perfect! Not only is it made of brass, but some of the gemstones are tourmalines AND it sits on a wooden base!
2. Ceramic Mugs
Nothing says “Happy 8th Anniversary” like a set of beautiful ceramic mugs! The options are endless, but I really love these from Amazon. The subtle colors go great with any kitchen decor.
- 【QUALITY AND BEAUTIFUL AESTHETICS】So unique and classic design.This stylish novelty pottery mug was elaborately designed of lava natural approach, each mug develops its own distinctive pattern which makes every mug unique and special. They will definitely impress your family and friends!
- 【PREMIUM CERAMIC】 Crafted from premium LEAD-FREE and NON-TOXIC strong ceramic to resist chip or crack to make it use for years to come. Subtly textured rim adds to its visual appeal. Four assorted color to pick everyone’s favorite!
- 【IDEAL DESIGN FOR EVERYDAY USE】 This ceramic mug features a multicolor comes with blue , green, brown and red . Measures 4.3 inches x 3.4 inches. Hold perfect 15 ounces. Ideal for all your daily routine coffee, tea or any occasion drinks with your friends or family.
- 【EASY TO CARE】 Safe use in the microwave, refrigerator, oven, and dishwasher, convenience your day in this fast-paced lifestyle.
- 【 AFTER-SALES SERVICE】We provide you with 3 months of product service. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.We will resolve your issue within 24 hours.
9th Year Gift Ideas
Year nine is characterized by willow, pottery, and leather, so there are a few impressive options here. The traditional stone is one of my favorites, Lapis Lazuli! Don’t you just love the way that sounds? The official color is Terracotta, which opens up even more options.
1. Engraved Willow Tree Slice
This can make a wonderful gift to remind the couple about all the years they’ve been together for, and it’s available on Etsy.
2. Beautiful Pottery Bowl
This beautiful pottery bowl on Amazon is actually made for a 9th anniversary gift! It’s handmade in the USA.
- pottery 9 year anniversary gift
- hand signed by the artist
- artisan crafted in usa
- certified 100% handcrafted in new mexico
There are, indeed, a lot of possibilities for the first nine years of marriage, so why not pick something amazing?