If you’re looking for some of the best acoustic guitar songs for weddings, I’ve got you! The rustic charm that acoustic guitar is unbelievably beautiful and has the ability to strum on our heartstrings to play the music that captures our feeling.
To help you add the simplicity of this instrument to your wedding playlist, just keep reading!
Check: Most Romantic Wedding Songs Ever
10 Acoustic Guitar Songs for Weddings
For your special day, you can have your wedding DJ or a live wedding band play some melodious acoustic wedding songs for every segment – be it the first dance, the entrance, or the reception.
But what would be the ideal songs to add to your playlist? Let’s start with my top ten favorites.
1. Dream A Little Dream Of Me – Ella Fitzgerald
2. She Loves You – The Beatles
3. Saving All My Love For You – Whitney Houston
4. Fly Me To The Moon – Frank Sinatra
5. For Once In My Life – Stevie Wonder
6. L-O-V-E – Nat King Cole
7. At Last – Etta James
8. Can’t Help Falling In Love With You – Elvis Presley
9. The Way You Look Tonight – Frank Sinatra
10. For Once In My Life – Stevie Wonder
Check: John Legend Love Songs
10 Best First Dance Acoustic Wedding Songs
Everyone draws up a picture of the moment they will share the dance floor with their spouse on their wedding day. The actual dance feels different and much more special than any imagination of course!
But for that to happen, you need the perfect first dance song to infuse romance and happiness into the ambiance! Here are some of the most heart-touching first dance acoustic wedding songs!
1. Grow Old With Me – John Lennon
2. You And Me – Lifehouse
3. Salted Wound – Sia
4. Loving You – Paolo Nutini
5. Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
6. Rhythm Of Love – Plain White T’s
7. Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
8. Everytime We Touch – Cascada
9. This I Promise You – NSYNC
10. You Make My Dreams – Daryl Hall and John Oates
READ MORE: Easy Piano Wedding Songs
15 Best Acoustic Wedding Processional Songs
When you curate your wedding playlist, you can’t dedicate all your energy to finding the first dance songs! You also need to pay attention to the other segments of the wedding, like the wedding procession.
The good thing is, a wedding processional song can be a romantic ballad, a fun country track, or anything else you want it to be! Below are some acoustic guitar songs that can also be added to the recessional song list!
1. Wedding Bells – Coldplay
2. Beautiful In White – Shane Filan
3. Marry You – Bruno Mars
4. God Gave Me You – Blake Shelton
5. Today Was A Fairytale – Taylor Swift
6. I Do – ABBA
7. Bridal Chorus – Richard Wagner
8. Hallelujah – Jeff Buckley
9. Lagrima – Francisco Tárrega
10. Wedding March – Felix Mendelssohn
11. Every Breath You Take – Aaron Krause ft. Liza Anne
12. Yellow – Caroline Pennell
13. Here Comes The Sun – Imaginary Future
14. Crazy In Love – Daniela Andrade
15. Lego House – Hearts & Colors
15 Acoustic Songs to Walk Down the Aisle To
When you walk down the aisle, with the hopes and dreams of a brand new future, you need songs that will make everything special and beautiful.
Whether you choose old classics or want contemporary popular songs – your song list will become better if you choose tracks with acoustic sounds. Take a look at the list I put together for you to walk down the aisle if you are a fan of acoustic songs!
1. Love Me Like You Do – Beth
2. Malibu – Maygen Lacey
3. Make You Feel My Love – ortoPilot
4. Just The Way You Are – Anthem Lights
5. See You Again, Love Me Like You Do, Sugar – Meghan Davies
6. Stand By Me – Tom Speight
7. Halo – Lotte Kestner
8. All You Need Is Love – Paul Canning
9. You’ve Got A Friend In Me – Sleeping At Last
10. Such Great Heights – Iron & Wine
11. Lovesong – Colin & Caroline
12. I Believe In A Thing Called Love – Branches
13. Cheerleader – Suzan & Freek
14. Time After Time – Iron & Wine
15. Wonderwall – Jake Coco
(Almost) Everything You Need to Know About Finding the Best Acoustic Guitar Band for Your Wedding
Having an acoustic guitar band play at your wedding can add a unique and special touch to your big day.
Here are a few benefits of having an acoustic guitar band play your wedding:
- Intimate and personal: An acoustic guitar band creates a warm and intimate atmosphere that is perfect for a wedding ceremony or reception. The sound of the acoustic guitar is soft and natural, which makes it easy to hear the lyrics and vocals and creates a more personal atmosphere.
- Versatility: An acoustic guitar band can play a wide range of music genres and styles, from classic love songs to modern hits, which means you have a lot of options to choose from to create the perfect playlist for your wedding.
- Customizable: An acoustic guitar band is usually more flexible and open to working with you to create a custom playlist that fits your taste and style. They can also take requests during the event and play special songs that hold a special meaning for you and your partner.
- Space-saving: An acoustic guitar band takes up less space compared to a full band, which makes it a great option for smaller venues or outdoor wedding ceremonies. This also means you have more space for your guests to move around and dance.
- Cost-effective: Acoustic guitar bands are generally more cost-effective than full bands, which means you can have great music at your wedding without breaking the bank.
- Timeless: Acoustic guitar music is timeless, it has been around for centuries and it’s not going anywhere. It’s perfect for all ages, and it will never go out of style.
All in all, having an acoustic guitar band play at your wedding is an excellent way to add a personal touch, versatility, customizability, space-saving, cost-effective, and timeless element to your big day. It’s perfect for creating an intimate and warm atmosphere for your ceremony or reception, and it’s sure to be a hit with all of your guests.
Here are a couple of things to think about when searching for the right acoustic group to play your wedding:
- Research: Start by researching different acoustic guitar bands in your area. Look at their websites, listen to their music, and read reviews from previous clients. This will give you a good idea of the bands’ style and quality of music.
- Check Their Repertoire: Make sure to check the band’s setlist and ensure that they have a diverse selection of songs that can cater to your musical preferences and guests.
- Look For Professionalism: Look for a band that is professional, punctual and easy to work with. A band that takes the time to sit down with you and discuss your musical preferences and work with you to create the perfect playlist for your wedding is ideal.
- Get References And Reviews: Ask the band for references and reviews from previous clients. This will give you a good idea of the band’s previous experiences and how they have performed at other events.
- Consider The Cost: Make sure the band is within your budget. Compare prices and services of different bands before making a final decision.
- Check Their Availability: Make sure the band is available on the date of your wedding and able to accommodate your schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
Every wedding deserves some soft, slow songs playing in the background to set the mood – and the sound of an acoustic guitar can make the ambiance even more romantic.
Now you have a list of songs that can make your wedding magical – for you and the guests at the wedding! Before you go make your playlist, check out the answers to the questions that most couples, wedding planners, and DJs ask!
What are the most beautiful wedding songs to play on guitar?
If you’re hiring a string quartet or a live band to play your wedding songs, you can choose tracks like Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn, Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley, Lagrima by Francisco Tárrega, You Are The Sunshine Of My Life by Stevie Wonder, and many more!
What are some acoustic classics for a wedding?
There are many popular songs that are considered classics – and are perfect for wedding ceremonies. Songs like Your Song by Elton John, She Loves You by The Beatles, Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles, At Last by Etta James, and others are perfect for your special day.
What are the best modern acoustic guitar wedding songs?
For your wedding ceremony, you can curate a playlist with melodious acoustic tracks such to set the mood. Contemporary songs by modern artists, like Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran, Paradise by Coldplay, Love Story by Taylor Swift, This Love by Maroon 5, etc., are perfect for a wedding ceremony.
What are the best instrumental guitar wedding songs?
If you are planning a wedding ceremony, you can pick acoustic guitar songs. tracks like I Run To You by Lady Antebellum, Baby I’m Yours by Arctic Monkeys, Dream A Little Dream Of Me by Ella Fitzgerald, Unchained Melody by Ghost, etc., are perfect for an instrumental cover, too.
What are the best acoustic guitar father-daughter dance songs?
The father-daughter dance at a wedding is an exceptionally emotional moment. To make this moment special, you can choose acoustic guitar songs like You Are My Sunshine by Johnny Cash, In My Life by The Beatles, God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton, and many more!
What are the best acoustic wedding processional songs?
When the wedding procession walks down the aisle, the moment needs a beautiful playlist – which can become special with acoustic songs like Bridal Chorus by Richard Wagner, Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley, Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn, Crazy In Love by Daniela Andrade, etc.
The beautiful thing about acoustic tracks is that you can get the DJ to play the original song – or have the string quartet or a classical guitarist to play a new cover version of the song for the ceremony.
The sound of an acoustic guitar can make everyone present at the wedding ceremony feel romantic. I hope that the songs that we have recommended will be ideal for your playlist – or inspire you to find your own favorites!
What are your favorite acoustic guitar wedding songs? Share below!
Nicole is the editor-in-chief and regular staff writer for LoveYouWedding. What does that mean? Basically, she handles all the day-to-day tasks related to managing writers and bringing you stellar content on planning the LGBTQ+ wedding of your dreams.
She loves writing about quirky and unique wedding ideas, probably because she’s pretty quirky herself!