Electronic instruments, fresh soundscapes with the influence of pop, hip hop, urban, and more – and a host of young artists and bands who are music icons – that’s what the 90’s music scene looked like. The music of that decade is still fresh in our memories, and the 90’s kids getting married now use songs of that decade in their wedding ceremonies. That’s why I’ve put together a list of 90s wedding songs for you.
50 ’90s Best Wedding Songs List
Back in the 90s, songs of different genres struck a chord in the hearts of people. Different types of music, from fast and peppy tunes to soft and meaningful tracks, marked the decade.
If you are a fan of that iconic era of music and would like to use some of these beautiful love songs on your wedding day – we have the perfect songs for a wedding playlist for you! Take a look at my favorite wedding ceremony songs with popular songs for music selections for your special day!
- Ray of Light – Madonna
- Groove Is In the Heart – Dee Lite
- “Believe” – Cher
- “What Is Love” – Haddaway
- “Livin’ la Vida Loca” – Ricky Martin
- “Waiting for Tonight” – Jennifer Lopez (J Lo)
- “Vogue” – Madonna
- “Mambo No. 5 (a Little Bit of…)” – Lou Bega
- “You Get What You Give” – New Radicals
- “Wannabe” – Spice Girls
- “Semi-Charmed Life” – Third Eye Blind
- “…Baby One More Time” – Britney Spears
- “Bailamos” – Enrique Iglesias
- “Mowtownphilly” – Boyz ll Men
- “You Were Meant for Me” – Jewel
- “I Love You Always Forever” – Donna Lewis
- “More Than Words” – Extreme
- “Beauty and the Beast” – Céline Dion & Peabo Bryson
- “I’ll Be” – Edwin McCain
- “Endless Love” – Mariah Carey & Luther Vandross
- “Rush Rush” – Paula Abdul
- “Baby, Baby” – Amy Grant
- “Weak” – SWV
- “Because You Loved Me” – Celine Dion
- Now and Forever” – Richard Marx
- Only Wanna Be With You” – Hootie & The Blowfish
- Can You Feel The Love Tonight” – Elton John
- “I’ll Be There for You (Theme song from Friends)” – The Rembrandts
- Spend My Life – Eric Bene
- “I’m Getting Used To You” – Selena
- “2 Become 1” – Spice Girls
- Back At One – Brian McKnight
- Keeper Of The Stars – Tracy Byrd
- Bell Biv Devoe – Poison
- “Feels Like Home” – Chantal Kreviazuk
- “Pony” – Ginuwine
- “Here Comes the Hotstepper” – Ini Kamoze
- “C’Mon N’ Ride It (The Train)” – Quad City DJ’s
- “Tubthumping” – Chumbawamba
- “Men In Black” – Will Smith
- “Barbie Girl” – Aqua
- “Kiss From a Rose” – Seal
- “Livin’ On Love” – Alan Jackson
- “It’s Your Love” – Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
- “I Do (Cherish You)” – 90° (98 Degrees)
- “Tonight” – New Kids On The Block
- I’ll Stand By You – The Pretenders
- Angel Of Mine – Monica
- “Save The Best For Last” – Vanessa Williams
- “Into My Arms” – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Related: Romantic Country Wedding Songs
50 ’90s Wedding First Dance Songs
The first dance at a wedding ceremony is a beautiful moment that can move everyone present at the ceremony. This special moment of intimacy demands some romantic songs for couples that will be perfect for the ceremony.
If you want 90’s wedding songs for your first dance, you can take a look at the fun, upbeat, and happening list that we have curated. I’m sure that you will find the biggest songs on this song list, and the perfect wedding song for the dance!
- “Larger Than Life” – Backstreet Boys
- “Tearin’ Up My Heart” – *NSYNC
- “Step – Step” – New Kids On the Block
- “MMMBop” – Hanson
- “As Long as You Love Me” – Backstreet Boys
- “I Do (Cherish You)” – 90° (98 Degrees)
- “Wonderwall” – Oasis
- “Everyboy (Backstreet’s Back)” – Backstreet Boys
- “I Want It That Way” – Backstreet Boys
- “I Want You Back” – *NSYNC
- “Bad Boys (Theme from COPS)” – Inner Circle
- “Kiss Me” – Sixpence None the Richer
- “Praise You” – Fatboy Slim
- “I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles)” – The Proclaimers
- “What’s Up?” – 4 Non Blondes
- “Torn” – Natalie Imbruglia
- “Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm” – Crash Test Dummies
- “Dreamlover” – Mariah Carey
- “All That She Wants” – Ace of Base
- “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” – Green Day
- “One Week” – Barenaked Ladies
- “Ba-, I Love Your Way” – Big Mountain
- “There She Goes” – The La’s
- “Jump, Jive an’ Wail” – The Brian Setzer Orchestra
- “Only Wanna Be With You” – Hootie & The Blowfish
- “Kiss from a Rose” – Seal
- “No Rain” – Blind Melon
- “All My Life” – K-Ci & JoJo
- I Finally Found Someone – Barbra Streisand & Bryan Adams
- “Two Princes” – Spin Doctors
- “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” – Israel “Iz” Kamakawiwoʻole
- “Informer” – B*Witched
- “Killing Me Softly” – Fugees
- “Man! I Feel Like A Woman” – Shania Twain
- “Amazed” – Lonestar
- “Achy Breaky Heart” – Billy Ray Cyrus
- “That Don’t Impress Me Much” – Shania Twain
- “Chattahoochee” – Alan Jackson
- “Watermelon Crawl” – Tracy -rd
- “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” – Brooks & Dunn
- “I Adore Mi Amor” – Color Me Badd
- “Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)” – Backstreet Boys
- “All 4 Love” – Color Me Badd
- Love of a Lifetime – Firehouse
- “Truly Madly Deeply” – Savage Garden
- A Whole New World – Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle
- (Everything I Do) I Do It For You – Bryan Adams
- “Hand In My Pocket” – Alanis Morissette
- Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- “Cantaloop” – Us3
CHECK: 70s Wedding Songs
40 Best ’90s Slow Dance Songs – Wedding Playlist
If you don’t want to go with peppy songs for the first dance and take a slightly traditional route, there are plenty of slow dance songs for you.
The 90s was the era that gave us some memorable soft tracks with melodious soundscapes and romance. If you love 90s love songs, check out the popular love song list below to find the inspiration for the perfect playlist to use during this memorable moment!
- “I’ll Make Love to You” – Boyz ll Men
- “Nothing Compares 2 U” – Sinéad O’Connor
- “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” – Aerosmith
- “My Heart Will Go On (Love Theme from “Titanic”)” – Céline Dion
- “Always” – Bon Jovi
- “Secret Garden” – Bruce Springsteen
- “Crash Into Me” – Dave Matthews Band
- “I Swear” – All-4-One
- “You’re Still the One” – Shania Twain
- “Brick” – Ben Folds Five
- “A Song for Mama” – Boyz ll Men
- “One Sweet Day” – Mariah Carey
- “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?” – Bryan Adams
- “Crazy” – Aerosmith
- “End of the Road” – Boyz ll Men
- “I’ll Be There” – Mariah Carey
- “03’ Bonnie & Clyde” – Beyoncé and Jay Z
- “Let’s Get Married” – Jagged Edge
- “Just a Girl” – No Doubt
- “Supermodel” – Jill Sobule
- “Every Morning” – Sugar Ray
- “The Sign” – Ace of Base
- “Lovefool” – The Cardigans
- “Say My Name” – Destiny’s Child
- “Waterfalls” – TLC
- “Don’t Speak” – No Doubt
- “Walking in Memphis” – Marc Cohn
- “Another Night” – Real McCoy
- “Remember the Time” – Michael Jackson
- “Freedom! ’90” – George Michael
- “Steal My Sunshine” – LEN
- “I’ll Be Missing you” – Puff Daddy
- “Whatta Man” – En Vougue & Salt-N-Pepa
- “How Bizarre” – OMC
- “Loser” – Beck
- “Thank You” – Dido
- “Closing Time” – Semisonic
- “All I Wanna Do” – Sheryl Crow
- “Where It’s At” – Beck
- “Losing My Religion” – R.E.M.
Check: 80s Wedding Songs
30 ’90s Hip-Hop Songs for a Wedding Recessional
If you are looking for the right songs for your wedding music, finding the perfect recessional song may be a little challenging.
But don’t worry – and go with 90’s hip hop songs that offer groove and joy and can set a modern and fun mood for your recessional.
Today, I have a fun list. Take a look!
- Jump Around” – House of Pain
- “Ba- Got Back” – Sir Mix-A Lot
- “Nuthin’ but a G Thang (feat. Snoop Dogg)” – Dr. Dre
- “California Love” – 2Pac
- “Too Close” – Next
- “Intergalactic” – Beastie Boys
- “Mo Money Mo Problems (feat. Mase & Puff Daddy)” – The Notorious B.I.G.
- “Who Am I (What’s My Name)?” – Snoop Dogg
- “O.P.P.” – Naughty – Nature
- “Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)” – JAY-Z
- “Feels So Good” – Mase
- “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It” – Will Smith
- “Whoomp! There It Is” – Tag Team
- “Jump” – Kris Kross
- “Now That We Found Love” – Heavy D & The Boyz
- “Poison” – Bel Biv Devoe
- “My Name Is” – Eminem
- “Ice Ice Ba-” – Vanilla Ice
- “Regulate (feat. Nate Dogg)” – Warren G
- “No Diggity (feat. Dr. Dre & Queen Pen)” – Blackstreet
- “Hypnotize” – The Notorious B.I.G.
- “3 am” – Matchbox Twenty
- “Red Dragon Tattoo” – Fountains Of Wayne
- “Prisoner of Society” – The Living End
- “November Rain” – Gun N’ Roses
- “To Be With You” – Mr. Big
- “Basket Case” Green Day
- “Santeria” – Sublime
- “Are You Gonna Go My Way” – Lenny Kravitz
- “All the Small Things” – Blink-182
Best 90s Wedding Songs Of All Time – Top 45 List
There’s no era of music that can beat the 90s when it comes to love songs. From fast and hard rock to the slower-paced r&b, this era has a vast collection of 90s wedding songs for you to choose from. Now let’s take a look at the 45 top 90s wedding songs of all time.
You will also like these wedding songs posts for the ultimate play list on your special day:
- Parent Entrance Songs For Wedding Receptions
- Songs for Parents Dance at Weddings
- Violin Wedding Songs – Strings of Love
1. “Save the Best for Last” by Vanessa Williams
Amazing lyrics: “Sometimes the snow comes down in June/Sometimes the sun goes around the moon”
Your wedding playlist will have an enchanting effect on your guest with this beautiful love song. It’s so magical and has a 90s nostalgia vibe to it.
2. “As Long as You Love Me” by Backstreet Boys
Amazing lyrics: “I don’t care who you are/Where you’re from/What you did/As long as you love me”
Want to tell your partner how unconditional your life is? This song would speak volumes where words can’t. It’s a song that evokes golden memories.
3. “Amazed” by Lonestar
Amazing lyrics: “I’ve never been this close to anyone or anything/I can hear your thoughts, I can see your dreams”
Marriage is two souls becoming one, this song is a perfect reminder of such bond. Playing this emotional ballad will have everyone teary-eyed on your big day.
4. “Because You Loved Me” by Celine Dion
Amazing lyrics: “You gave me wings and made me fly/You touched my hand, I could touch the sky”
“Because You Loved Me” was made for the film ‘Up Close & Personal’ in 1996. It’s a tear-jerking masterpiece about being grateful for a love that makes us stronger and happier. It’s the perfect wedding song!
5. “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” by Elton John
Amazing lyrics: “And can you feel the love tonight?/It is where we are/It’s enough for this wide-eyed wanderer/That we got this far”
I’m sure you recognize this ageless tune from the Disney classic “The Lion King”. They say that your wedding day will be the most magical day of your life, this classic will invoke feelings of love and nostalgia from everyone in attendance.
6. “The Power of Love” – Céline Dion
Amazing lyrics: “When the world outside’s too much to take/That all ends when I’m with you”
Is a 90s playlist even complete without a Céline Dion song? This hit is about the strength of love to overcome and has become a wedding must play for decades now.
7. “Everything I Do, I Do it for You” by Bryan Adams
Amazing lyrics: “Take me as I am/Take my life/I would give it all”
This song doesn’t need any introduction, it’s been a wedding staple for decades. It’s calm and tender, and there’s a sense of a grand romantic gesture in it all. So add it to the song list!
8. “I’ll Be” by Edwin McCain
Amazing lyrics: “The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful/Stop me and steal my breath”
Talk about growing old with your partner and getting better by the day, “I’ll Be” by Edwin McCain will tell this to perfection. Plus your guests will love this song. Who doesn’t?
9. “Endless Love” by Mariah Carey & Luther Vandross
Amazing lyrics: “Taking me higher and higher/Endless love, you’re endless love/Touching me now, reaching my soul”
This song is a classic that will never get old. Songs like this that are so emotional, with beautiful and powerful lyrics are the best fit for your wedding playlist.
10. “More Than Words” by Extreme
Amazing lyrics: “Saying “I love you” is not the words I want to hear from you/It’s not that I want you not to say, but if you only knew”
“More Than Words” is a classic rock song that has been covered by many artists and it remains a popular choice for weddings.
11. “Breathe Again” by Toni Braxton
Amazing lyrics: “I promise you I promise you that/I shall never breathe again/Breathe again, breathe again”
The lyrics are simple but powerful and the song’s melody is catchy. “Breathe Again” is a classic R&B that remains a wedding playlist must pick.
12. “I’ll Make Love To You” by Boyz II Men
Amazing lyrics: “Girl, I wanna make love to you/All night long/Hold you tight, ’til the morning light”
This soulful ballad could be the perfect choice for a first or last dance. The lyrics are full of passion and the song’s melody is beautiful.
13. “Truly Madly Deeply” by Savage Garden
Amazing lyrics: “I’m so sorry, but I can’t help falling in love with you/I’ve tried to resist, but it’s useless to try”
This song is all about how timeless love is and how you never get tired of loving someone every day. This song will send the perfect song to your partner as you begin your journey of love together.
14. “From This Moment On” by Shania Twain
Amazing lyrics: “From this moment, as long as I live, I will love you”
This one’s about devoting the rest of your life to a loving partner. It radiates the warmth of true love. You might want to consider it as a ceremony song.
15. “On Bended Knees” by Boyz II Men
Amazing lyrics: “Kneel down on one knee/swear that you’ll be true/Let me be the one you love/For all eternity”
The soulful lyrics are full of emotion and the song’s melody is beautiful. “On Bended Knees” is one of Boyz II Men’s most popular songs and it remains a classic today.
16. “I Can’t Help Falling In Love” by UB40
Amazing lyrics: “As the river flows gently to the sea/Darling so we go, some things are meant to be”
“I Can’t Help Falling In Love” is no stranger to weddings and it’s known as a wedding song nowadays. It might be a meaningful choice.
17. “I Do Cherish You” by 98°
Amazing lyrics: “It’s beyond my control/I’ve waited so long to say this to you”
Screaming out “I do!” during your wedding ceremony is the part most couples anticipate the most. Let this song show your eagerness.
18. “Something About The Way You Look Tonight” by Elton John
Amazing lyrics: “But in the moonlight, you just shine like a beacon on the bay”
Choosing “Something About the Way You Look Tonight” for a first dance will definitely make your big day feel like a romantic ball scene from a movie.
19. “You’re Still the One” by Shania Twain
Amazing lyrics: “Looks like we made it/Look how far we’ve come, my baby”
This is the perfect ceremony song for a love story that has lasted through the years and come out stronger. This melody will invoke nostalgic feelings in everyone, it’s an ageless classic.
20. “Saving Forever For You” by Shanice
Amazing lyrics: “You’ll be my world as long as there’s a world turning round/And you’ll be my heaven, baby
This tune is a sweet ballad about everlasting love. Play this song during the bridal process, taking note of the promise to love your partner forever.
21. “I Swear” by All-4-One
Amazing lyrics: “For better or worse till death do us part/I’ll love you with every beat of my heart”
“I Swear” just has a dreamy 90s vibe that we can’t resist.
22. “I Turn to You” by Christina Aguilera
Amazing lyrics: “For a shield from the storm, for a friend, for a love to keep me safe and warm/I turn to you.”
“I Turn to You” represents paternal love and support, making it a popular choice for father-of-the-bride dance routines.
23. “A Whole New World” by Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle
Amazing lyrics: “A whole new world/A new fantastic point of view/No one to tell us no”
Step into your marriage and a whole new world with this classic hit.
24. “I Will Stand” by Kenney Chesney
Amazing lyrics: “I will not be the one/Who turns his back and runs/When things get rocky down the line”
You can think of “I Will Stand” as a sweet vow to love each other through the hard times.
25. “Hero” by Maria Carey
Amazing lyrics: “There’s a hero/If you look inside your heart/You don’t have to be afraid of what you are”
The song is a ballad about overcoming adversity. What better way to tell your partner you’ll withstand the through ups and downs.
26. “Love Of A Lifetime” by Firehouse
Amazing lyrics: “With every kiss, our love is like brand-new/And every star up in the sky was made for me and you”
Marriage is supposed to be for the long haul, so it’s good to know that your partner is excited to endure the journey with you.
27. “My Valentine” by Martina McBride & John Brickman
Amazing lyrics: “I’ve dreamed of this a thousand times before/In my dreams I couldn’t love you more”
This soulful piano-inspired piece would make for a beautiful processional, with or without lyrics.
28. “Only Wanna Be With You” by Hootie & the Blowfish
Amazing lyrics: “I’m tangled up and blue/I only wanna be with you”
This is one of those hits that make people want to dance. Use it for a brief break between dance songs, it’s fun and groovy.
29. “She’s All I Ever Had” by Ricky Martin
Amazing lyrics: “It’s the way she makes me feel/It’s the only thing that’s real”
This song has young-love vibes that might make you shed a tear or two.
30. “2 Become 1″ by Spice Girls
Amazing lyrics: “Candlelight and soul forever/A dream of you and me together/Say You Believe it”
“2 Become 1” is a safe choice for a first dance. It’s romantic, catchy, and easy enough to dance to. Now it’s time to get your groove on! These iconic hits are sure to have you and your guests swaying and moving to the beat on the dancefloor.
31. “Man! I Feel Like A Woman” by Shania Twain
Amazing lyrics: “Let’s go, girls!Come on!/ I’m feelin’ mighty fine, and I’ve got a reason why“
Get everyone in the mood to party with this jam.
32. “Groove In The Heart” by Dee Lite
Amazing lyrics: “If you’ve got the groove in your heart/You can feel it all over”
Get your guests dancing on the dancefloor with this infectious melody.
33. “Believe” by Cher
Amazing lyrics: “Turn around, bright eyes/Every now and then I fall apart/And I need you now tonight”
This song lights up every dancefloor, add this to your playlist and give your guests the time of their lives.
34. “What Is Love” by Haddaway
Amazing lyrics: “Oh, baby, don’t hurt me/ Don’t hurt me, no more/Oh, baby, don’t hurt me”
Thinking of adding this jam to your wedding playlist? Worry no more, your wedding reception is going to be lit!
35. “Ray Of Light” by Madonna
Amazing lyrics: “Why do I leave you wanting more/Why do all the things I say Sound like the stupid things I’ve said before?“
The song is an electronic dance-pop song which makes it perfect for your reception.
36. “Spice Up Your Life” by Spice Girls
Amazing lyrics: “Yo, I’ll tell you what I want, what I really, really want/So tell me what you want, what you really, really want”
Spice up your wedding reception with this iconic jam. You won’t regret adding this hit to your wedding playlist.
37. “I’ll Be There For You” by The Rembrandts
Amazing lyrics: “But, I’ll be there for you, when the rain starts to pour/ I’ll be there for you, like I’ve been there before”
The song was released in 1994 as the theme song to the American sitcom “Friends”. Its upbeat tune is all you need to get the party started.
38. “Macarena” by Los del Rio
Amazing lyrics: “Dale a tu cuerpo alegría Macarena/Que tu cuerpo es pa’ darle alegría y cosa buena”
The catchy melody and dance moves make it a fun song to sing and dance along to.
39. “All For Love” by Color Me Badd
Amazing lyrics: ‘We’re here to share this moment with you/A moment of love and unity”
The song is about the power of love to unite people and bring them together. The song has a catchy melody that makes it easy to sing along to.
40. “Tearing Up My Heart” by NSYNC
Amazing lyrics: “I can’t believe you’re gone/I thought we were so strong/Now I’m all alone”
Considering a fun and hip song to add to your list? Add this jam and watch as your guests dance the night away.
41. “Wonderwall” by Oasis
Amazing lyrics: “Today is gonna be the day/ That they’re gonna throw it back to you”
42. “Baby I Love Your Way” by Big Mountain
Amazing lyrics: “Ooh, baby, I love your way/ Wanna tell you I love your way/Wanna be with you night and day”
This popular Reggae masterpiece will have your guests dancing and singing along easily.
43. “Livin’ La Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin
Amazing lyrics: “Upside, inside out, she’s livin’ la vida loca/She’ll push and pull you down, livin’ la vida loca”
The amount of energy Rick Martin put into this song is contagious. The lively beat and tunes can have anyone dancing in no time.
44. “I Like To Move It Move It” by Reel 2 Reel ft. The Mad Stuntman
Amazing lyrics: “I like to move it, move it/I like to move it, move it/I like to move it, move it/ Aha!”
Some songs just make you shake your hips no matter how many times you hear it. This song is one of those songs.
45. “Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)” by Green Day
Amazing lyrics: “Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road/Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go”
While this song isn’t as exhilarating as the others, it’s a great song choice for the last song of the night.
If you still have queries and are looking for a sweet song, take a look at the answers to the most frequently asked classic song questions below!!
What was the number one wedding song in 1990?
There are many amazing songs in the 90s that took the place at the top of all charts time and again. For a meaningful choice, some of the most memorable and popular among them are Truly Madly Deeply, Everything I Do, Sweethearts Together, and more.
What was the biggest selling single of the 90s?
In the 90s, Elton John delivered the best-selling song of the decade with Candle in the Wind dedicated to Princess Diana after her death in 1997. On the other hand, Cher gave the highest-selling song by a female artist with her song, Believe.
What are good 90’s songs to get my guests out on the dance floor?
This is an easy question to answer because of the numerous 90’s dance songs that are perfect for getting people out of their seats an on the dance floor. Songs like “Baby One More Time” by Britney Spears (1998), “I Want It That Way” by Backstreet Boys (1999), “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)” by Backstreet Boys, “Wannabe” by Spice Girls (1996), and I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston (1992) are sure to do the trick.
In conclusion, the 1990s was a decade full of iconic and unforgettable dance songs that can still get people out on the dance floor today.
The 170 Top Hits ’90s Dance Songs for Weddings list we have compiled is a perfect starting point for any bride and groom looking to add a touch of nostalgia to their special day. From Britney Spears’ “Baby One More Time” to Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You,” these songs are sure to get everyone up and dancing.
So, whether you’re a 90s kid or just a fan of the era’s music, these songs are sure to bring back memories and create new ones for you and your guests.
What are your favorite 90s wedding songs? Let us know in the comments below!
Andreea is a very passionate content creator and her purpose is to provide you with the most interesting articles, while constantly discovering new facts. She’s been freelance writing for the past five years and has created numerous articles and educational materials while managing her own blog.