On the search for the best 80s wedding songs to add to your reception playlist? The 80s was the decade when everyone loved heavy metal, country music, hip hop, EDM, and the new wave.
This era was the time when some incredibly innovative genres became mainstream, with influence from the past and the potential to impact the future. 80’s music is still our favorite, and people getting married may want to use 80s songs as their wedding music!
For them, I have a wonderful list of songs below!
Check: Best 90s Dance Songs
80’s Wedding Songs List
80s songs have a classic, retro touch that we all love – and the songs can be the perfect choice to set the mood at your wedding reception. Be it at the dance floor, the wedding ceremony, or the wedding party – there’s something for you to pick for every event on your wedding day from the amazing songs of the 80s.
So check out my suggestions and make your own wedding playlist for the D-day!
- “What I Like About You“ – The Romantics
- “Push It” – Salt & Pepa
- “Mony Mony” – Billy Idol
- “Thriller” – Michael Jackson
- “Let’s Groove” – Earth, Wind & Fire
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” – Whitney Houston
- “Mickey” -Toni Basil
- “Just Like Heaven” – The Cure
- “Alone” – Heart
- “Rio” – Duran Duran
- “Your Love” -The Outfield
- “Let’s Go All The Way” – Sly Fox
- “The Safety Dance” – Men Without Hats
- “Take Me Home Tonight” – Eddie Money
- “Everybody Have Fun Tonight” – Wang Chung
- “Talk Dirty” – Poison
- “Summer Of ’69” – Bryan Adams
- “Karma Chameleon” – Culture Club
- “You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)” – Dead Or Alive
- “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” – Cyndi Lauper
- “Don’t Stop Believin” – Journey
- “Catch Me I’m Falling” – Pretty Poison
Check: Popular 70s Songs
80’s Wedding Songs for Parties
For the wedding party, you can still go back to the 80s and pick the song of your choice to be played by the wedding DJs. Whether you want some fun songs or upbeat romantic numbers – the choices are many and you will not disappoint your guests with 80’s songs!
So, I have curated a list of songs from that decade to help you take your pick and curate your own wedding playlist for the parties.
- “Holiday” – Madonna
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” – Wham
- “Pour Some Sugar On Me” – Def Leppard
- “Funkytown” – Pseudo Echo
- “Walk This Way” – Run DMC
- “Footloose” – Kenny Loggins
- “Like A Prayer” – Madonna
- “You Make My Dreams Come True” – Hall & Oates
- “Word Up’ – Cameo
- “Dancing In The Dark” – Bruce Springsteen
- “The Power Of Love” – Huey Lewis & The News
- “Let The Music Play” – Shannon
- “Another One Bites The Dust” – Queen
- “Baby Don’t Forget My Number” – Milli Vanilli
Best 80s Slow Dance Songs
The first dance is a beautiful moment during any wedding ceremony – and it is going to be the moment that you will remember and cherish forever. If you do not have a specific song on your mind, an 80s wedding song might be able to save the day for you and move everyone to tears!
Check out my list of romantic love songs for weddings that will make the perfect setting on the floor – and get your own dance song ideas!
- “Time After Time” – Cyndi Lauper
- “Take My Breath Away” – Berlin
- “Faithfully” – Journey
- “Purple Rain” – Prince
- “True” – Spandau Ballet
- “Lady In Red”– Chris de Burgh
- “Crazy For You” – Madonna
- ‘’Endless Love” – Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
- “Glory of Love” – Peter Cetera
- “One More Night” – Phil Collins
80’s Best Hip Hop Songs
There’s something about hip hop music that we all love – with all the groove, beats, and fun! If you love hip hop and would like to incorporate some of the songs from the 80s into your wedding, you don’t need to worry about what the guests or your family might think!
We have a list of 80’s hip hop songs that will set the mood for your wedding, especially the wedding party – and will make everyone enjoy!
- “It’s Tricky” – RUN DMC
- “The Message” – Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
- “Microphone Fiend” – Eric B & Rakim
- “Set It Off” – Big Daddy Kane
- “My Philosophy” – Boogie Down Productions
- “I Ain’t No Joke” – Eric B & Rakim
- “South Bronx” – Boogie Down Productions
- “Top Billin’ ” – Audio Two
- “The Breaks” – Kurtis Blow
- “I’m Bad” – LL Cool J
- “6 N The Morning” – Ice T
- “Paul Revere” – Beastie Boys
- “Don’t Believe The Hype”– Public Enemy
- “Paid In Full” – Eric B & Rakim
- “Body Rock” – The Treacherous Three
Now you have a long list of incredibly memorable songs from the 80s to set the mood and the theme at your wedding. I am sure you will find the right song here. But if you still have questions about choosing the perfect 80’s songs for your wedding, I might have the answer! Take a look at the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about choosing 80’s music for your wedding ceremony!
The 80s gave us some amazing songs, and the hits during that decade are still fresh in our memories. The biggest hits of that era include songs like Call Me by Blondie, Another Brick In the Wall by Pink Floyd,
Magic by Olivia Newton-John, and more!
The magic of 80’s music is such that even today, songs of that decade are requested to be played by wedding DJs. Some of the most commonly requested songs include Whitney Houston’s I Wanna Dance With Somebody, Journey’s Don’t Stop Believin’, Kenny Loggins’ Footloose, etc.
The top-charting songs of the 80s are popular even today – and are played everywhere, even at wedding parties and ceremonies. The top songs of the decade include Please Don’t Go (KC and the Sunshine Band), The Tide Is High (Blondie), Down Under (Men at Work), etc.
If you’re looking for 80’s songs to which you can walk down the aisle, there are plenty of options available for you. You can go with songs like White Wedding by Billy Idol, Uptown Girl by Billy Joel, My Prerogative by Bobby Brown, and many more, to set the mood at the event.
If you are looking for wedding songs from the 80s to set the theme for your big day, there are many beautiful tracks to choose from. You can go with True by Spandau Ballet, Take On Me by Aha, Endless Love by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross, and many more.
Choosing an 80’s song for your first dance with your partner at the wedding is an excellent choice. There are many options for you to choose from, such as Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper); Faithfully (Journey), Purple Rain (Prince); Your Love (The Outfield), and many more!
Wedding songs from the 80s can be ideal for wedding ceremonies, even today. You can go with songs like The Promise by When In Rome, Eternal Flame by The Bangles, Endless Love by Diana Ross & Lionel Richie, Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx, and more.
The mother-son dance is one of the most beautiful moments at a wedding ceremony. Some of the best 80’s songs for this moment are You Are The Sunshine Of My Life by Stevie Wonder, Mama Hold My Hand Aloe Blacc, Hero by Mariah Carey, Stand by Me by Ben E. King, etc. Check our complete list of songs for mother son dance.
The father-daughter dance is an emotional moment that brings tears to the eyes of everyone present. For this dance, the perfect 80’s songs can be Sweet Child O’Mine by Guns N’ Roses, Teach Your Children by Crosby Stills Nash & Young, You’re My Best Friend by Queen, etc.
Hip hop is a genre that was mainstream during the 80s, and the groove and rhythm make hip hop songs popular for wedding ceremonies. You can pick songs like The Message by Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, Microphone Fiend by Eric B & Rakim, My Philosophy by Boogie Down Productions, etc.
When it comes to the wedding day, the songs you play will make a great impact, whether you want the perfect song during cake-cutting or the ideal mother-son dance songs on the dance floor. 80’s music can make the ideal wedding song list for the most memorable day of your life. We hope that we’ve been able to provide you with a list of popular wedding songs from the 80s, which has the songs you’re looking for!
What are your favorite 80s wedding songs? Let us know in the comments below!